Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain (2018)

Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain by Clean

Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain is a new perfume by Clean for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Fusion Brands Inc..

Top Notes Top NotesSichuan pepper, Star anise, Aquatic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Galbanum
Base Notes Base NotesWhite moss, Clearwood™, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.07.2019

8.0 6.0 9.0 9.0/10

Stanze
And outside the rain's pouring
I always stored the firewood in a small concrete shed that the Germans used as a shelter for their motorcycles during the Second World War. The flat roof was camouflaged back then, whether with grass or camouflage nets I don't know, I'm not that old yet. The wood was delivered in October at the latest at the beginning of November. The farmer and timber merchant (and probably had even more job titles) dumped the contents of his dump truck on the meadow in front of the shed. I carried the wood into the shed and left a beautiful area around a large slice of tree free. I hacked at it. I had such a little wooden sawbuck. A cheap electric chainsaw belonged to the lock inventory.

The servants' house was heated with wood and electricity. Wood was to be preferred if one did not want to hear a lecture about electricity consumption. The actual winter with temperatures down to -14°C usually came at the end of January. It rained a lot in December. The relative proximity to the sea increases the humidity as well as the frequency of a weather change. Sometimes it poured out like buckets and the concrete roof of the woodshed already had some holes that had to be skilfully avoided when stacking and working. I operated the chainsaw with one (or more) 50 meter long power cables. The plug was plugged into the operator entrance area of the lock.

I liked to chop wood but was reluctant to saw it with an electric chainsaw. I have too much imagination and can imagine what can be separated with it. Friends also knew how to tell stories about people who had sawed themselves in the head with a chainsaw. Very encouraging. But you have to heat and therefore you also have to saw wood.

But, like I said, I liked to chop wood. The sawdust smells good. The meadow outside smells good. A dog might come by and look for me. Or everyone runs barking to the gate because someone's approaching. I miss chopping wood. I miss the dogs even more. It's been my winter sport for years. The blood rushes in your ears, it warms you when you chop wood. But at least there is no smell of sweat yet, because you are much too clothed. Your hands may sweat a little and then you can smell the metal or the whetstone.

Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain" reminds me of that. It is like a view from the door of the wooden stable to the meadow after the rain. The air's clean. Maybe there's some geosmin floating around. You can smell the firewood, the green, the rain, the concrete. The physical exertion was relaxing in its meditative uniformity.

I can recommend Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain to anyone for a test. The perfume is a bit aquatic. I rarely like that, but I don't mind it here. I used to wear it to work once in a while. It was very comforting and it lasts 9 hours on my skin. Nobody has complained.

You can wear Galbanum & Rain even in winter, because it is the season to chop wood. But I think it's best in spring or autumn. It is suitable for both men and women. At least for women who also chop wood.

You can layer it with other clean fragrances. I don't really do that kind of thing. Rain without Galbanum I sprayed myself once in the drugstore and found it very boring and one-dimensional. I had thought that Galbanum & Rain might have emerged from Rain. But I didn't smell it. So it's probably bullshit.

The bottle is clunky, otherwise quite nice but unfortunately totally stupidly hugely packed. Why I threw away the packaging.

I had originally created this as a blog post, but then found it a pity that there is no comment at all. That's why I'm posting this now and deleting that

Sommerregen selbstverständlich
by Stanze

Popular Clean

Warm Cotton (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Fresh Laundry (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Skin (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Clean Reserve - Skin [Reserve Blend] by Clean Cotton T-Shirt by Clean Clean Reserve - Sueded Oud by Clean Clean by Clean Clean Reserve - Warm Cotton [Reserve Blend] by Clean Summer Escape by Clean Shower Fresh by Clean Clean Reserve - Rain [Reserve Blend] by Clean Baby Girl by Clean Rain (Eau de Parfum) by Clean White Woods by Clean Clean for Men / Clean Men by Clean Clean Reserve - Smoked Vetiver by Clean Provence by Clean Clean Reserve - Sel Santal by Clean Clean Reserve - Blonde Rose by Clean Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain by Clean