Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Hemp & Ginger (2018)

Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Hemp & Ginger by Clean

Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Hemp & Ginger is a new perfume by Clean for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Fusion Brands Inc..

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesGuatemala cardamom, Sichuan pepper, Elemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Saffron

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.07.2019.

5.0 7.0 7.5/10

Wanderlust
A few words have been taken from German into English. Kindergarten and backpack for example. And so is wanderlust. Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Hemp & Ginger is advertised on the English version of the official website as a perfume for people with a wanderlust. I'm thinking of the "expats" I know and Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Hemp & Ginger would really suit them. There is no hemp (Hemp) listed in the fragrances and I guess "Hemp" refers more to the possible clothing of the wanderer. A kind of eco-Lara Croft and its male counterpart. This would clarify the target group. Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Hemp & Ginger falls both into my baggage scheme and I fit into the target audience. I am the Valkyries version of the Expat-Lara Croft, even if I don't own any hemp clothes. Lara is not getting any younger and in the far countries there is delicious food.

The scent is citric at first, the usual bergamot as a prelude, ginger and I also had the impression of sniffing out a bit of oud in the top note. Since an infinite number of perfumes begin with bergamot, I was not impressed at first. It gets spicier in the heart note. Cardamom and pepper are clear. I'm starting to like Hemp & Ginger better. It's herbaceous-spicy. The longer I wear the perfume, the more I like it. Oud's getting stronger at base. It's a woody-smoky oud. It wasn't leathery on me and I'm really glad about it, I rarely get along with leather.

The projection is rather small. Perhaps, despite its oudity, it is suitable for work. But I'd like a little more projection and wouldn't wear it at work. The shelf life is good. For seven hours it keeps me at temperatures around 20°C in any case. It's really unisex, in my opinion. You can wear it in the evening, to go out, in your free time and maybe also to swing your lianas or to race machetes.

Though it's quite nice, I probably won't buy it. It's not cheap (nor very expensive), at work I'd probably get funny comments, and it's no different than the other oud perfumes, even if it claims to be. But everyone has to test it for themselves.

Popular Clean

Warm Cotton (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Fresh Laundry (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Skin (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Clean Reserve - Sueded Oud by Clean Clean Reserve - Skin [Reserve Blend] by Clean Cotton T-Shirt by Clean Clean by Clean Clean Reserve - Warm Cotton [Reserve Blend] by Clean Shower Fresh by Clean Summer Escape by Clean Rain (Eau de Parfum) by Clean Clean Reserve - Rain [Reserve Blend] by Clean Baby Girl by Clean White Woods by Clean Clean for Men / Clean Men by Clean Clean Reserve - Smoked Vetiver by Clean Clean Reserve - Sel Santal by Clean Clean Reserve Avant Garden - Galbanum & Rain by Clean Provence by Clean Clean Reserve - Blonde Rose by Clean