Aromatics Elixir (Perfume) by Clinique

Aromatics Elixir 1971 Perfume

Sorceress
11.10.2013 - 05:56 PM

Dirty Laundry Scent

When I was 19, I became a Clinique fanatic. I delved into their skincare diligently. I even allowed an SA to give me a makeover one evening before a date with my future husband one summer evening. (Oh the horrors of that make-up job she did-I still remember wanting to scrub it off!) I sprayed myself with Aromatics Elixir that night and went off to meet my guy. I remember not particularly enjoying this perfume and I am a hard-core patchouli fan from back-in-the-day. I never wore it again. It was an unpleasant aroma to me.
Fast forward to today. After receiving another sample, I happily put this on, thinking I might recapture a time, a moment, a memory. How wrong of me to think so. This formulation is so weak, so linear on me that I keep wondering where has the glory gone? Certainly there must be something in this perfume that would stick to my chemistry to give me something to extoll its virtues? After all, so many love this. After numerous attempts, nothing has changed. Dirty patchouli, stale perfume odor and gone in an hour (thankfully). It does remind me of one other scent-dirty laundry.
This Elixir doesn't cure my ills. It brings them on. It didn't work back then and it still doesn't now.

Latest Reviews

SorceressSorceress 2 years ago
Agua del Sol - Escada

Agua del Sol Hot Fun In The Summertime
I feel as if I've dropped into a liquid candy vat and I'm floating amidst colorful waves. No disrespect at all to those that enjoy this gourmand treat and I would never mark a perfume as age-specific or gender-specific either. There are many...

SorceressSorceress 2 years ago
Meliora - Parfums de Marly

Meliora Cleaning Product Dupe
This is super-strong on my skin, and how I wish I could enjoy it more. I received it in a box-lot and it wasn't what I was going for, so it became part of the collateral afterwards to check. I have worn it through 4 seasons, and it always remains...