Aromatics In White 2014

Aromatics In White by Clinique
Aromatics In White is a popular perfume by Clinique for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesViolet leaf, Sichuan pepper, Cistus
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Orange blossom, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Benzoin, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.10.2020.

Chic, flowery, elegant
A very good friend wears the original AE. Proud, strong character, assertive, with a lot of style and class. I associate many memories of a special phase of life with this friendship, accompanied by AE. We live far away from each other. In case I miss them or want to get into the state of mind and spirit of that time, I bought a very small bottle of it. Then I spray it on a cloth and leave it somewhere. You cannot carry it yourself. This powerful scent takes me down and flings me around... ...carrying me, not the other way around
All the more joyful-curious I turned to Aromatics White. Could there be a variant that would be more digestible and more portable for me?
I think so It is not a fragrance for "just for once", wants to be chosen consciously and for me it only fits in the cold season. Which is why I actually find White kind of coherent... on a snowy sunny day I can imagine it as a fragrant companion on a walk. But also on a festive occasion.
The floral prelude is elegant, violets and roses are full, adult, not old-fashioned - tends to be sweet, but not heavy - then rather fresh.
Patchouli doesn't catch on with me, in the course of time the scent becomes more body-hugging, gently powdery, carried by musk and benzoin, even if I can't smell it explicitly.

Concerning the Sillage you should be careful with the dosage, so that the elegant lady does not turn into a thundered diva ;-) The shelf life is also quite good - for me it is just right, noticeable during the whole day, in the evening it is only very discreetly flattering, but never trivial in the background. The white flacon a wintery cashmere sweater understatement.

I like the fragrance very much, I don't wear it very often, but if I do, I enjoy it.

Pearly Porcelain White Aroma
The white theme in fragrances is something that arouse a certain fear to the care it will be given into the creative part of the fragrance, even more when it is a perfumery classic like Aromatics Elixir. White many times is an excuse for a formula cheapening, the launchment of a composition loaded in musks, flat, verging on functional. However, i see that both clinique and the perfumer responsible for this creation had care in the creation of this Aromatics in White e aimed with the fragrance into a white texture that reminds me in parts a pearly white and in parts a fine white opaque porcelain - so, there is a synesthesia here between the name, bottle and aroma itself.
Aromatics White for me recapitulates some oriental fragrances of similar notes, in special 3 perfumes: Boucheron Initial, Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon and Christian Dior Midnight Poison. From all, what it comes most closer is Le Baiser Du Dragon (and even more closer to its dry body oil version). From Initial, Aromatics in White share the same dinamics of the peppery aroma, the roses, patchouli and almonds, but without having the powdery and honey accords. With Midnight Poison, it seems to share the same luminous amber aura, one slightly bitter that seems to wrap the roses, just here this aura is less noticeable. And with Le Baiser du Dragon it shares the same kind of almonds, that i suspect being here the effect of the combination between roses, musk and the violet leaf. There is something slightly salty from the Le Baiser almonds here, that completes the scenario of pearly roses, salty slightly plastic patchouli and the also slightly pearly and salty musks of the base.
By creating a modern composition around the main accord of its precursor, In white at the same time also honors without plagiarism intereting fragrances that were discontinued over the time, keeping itself inside its propostion both modern and at the same time pearly and white. It's an example of a well done design from all possible aspects.

TruckladyTrucklady 1 year ago
Where you been all my life, you sassy, earthy thing?! Spiced up patchouli that veers just that side of clean, with a slightly dirty bent.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
A "White cocoon" with warm patchouli notes and a resinous-oriental accord at the base. Soft and discrete. Very classy in its minimalism.
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 4 years ago
0.5
Opens with generic fresh floral. Developes musky, old fashioned masculine cologne. No powder for me. Light, low sillage, little trail.

by Hobbit
by GeorgeMaras
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular Clinique

Aromatics Elixir (Perfume) by Clinique Happy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Clinique Aromatics In Black by Clinique Wrappings by Clinique Beyond Rose by Clinique Happy (Perfume) by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Perfumer's Reserve by Clinique Chemistry by Clinique Aromatics Black Cherry by Clinique Calyx (2014) by Clinique Simply by Clinique Aromatics Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Velvet Sheer Philtre Sensuel by Clinique Happy Heart by Clinique Happy in Bloom 2006 by Clinique Happy To Be by Clinique Happy Heart 2012 by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Premier Edition Prestige by Clinique My Happy. - Lily of the Beach by Clinique Happy Summer Spray by Clinique