Aromatics In White (2014)

Aromatics In White by Clinique

Aromatics In White is a popular perfume by Clinique for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesViolet leaf, Sichuan pepper, Cistus
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Orange blossom, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Benzoin, Ambergris

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.05.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

What luck!
You fell into my hands today. What luck!

I feel as if all your blossoms have blown silently and velvety softly from the sky, straight to me, in front of my feet. As only snowflakes can. Yes, just as easily, so light-heartedly and soundlessly sailing, swaying back and forth before the flakes decide where they will finally settle down and pile up to glittering crystals to make this dark, grey, wet and cold winter world look a little more beautiful, brighter and purer. And even as I bend down to pick you up, your blossoms are bound into an elegant bouquet as if by an invisible, extremely skilful florist's hand. Everything fragrant combines in an instant to a unique fresh Odeur:
Bright, clear, cool and cosy at the same time.

So you lie in front of me and I pick you up.

Magnificent, green stems with fresh-scented foliage are wrapped in a large silver ribbon. The stems bear strong, bright white rose calyxes and each individual petal is bordered by a delicate green. You look like crowns and your slightly open, softly waved lips smile at me. Of course I smile back and soon I sink my face into you, lose myself in your silky cool blossom dress that surrounds me
At this moment I feel transported into an enchanted garden... that attracts me magically. I walk around in it all day and lose all sense of time. How strange! I'm not getting cold at all, despite the frosty temperatures. Wondrous too are your scent blends. Each blossom is sweetly warmly ambered and while one is hiding a little cloud of patchouli on its base, another drop of musk oil is hiding.

There is something else that softly reminds me of the smell of musk, and yet it is not musk. It's something balsamic, slightly bitter and woody. It may be the cistrose that joins it here in perfect harmony. But suddenly I have to sneeze. No wonder, if you stick your nose and eyes in a bouquet of flowers as long as you can... There was probably a trace of pepper, hot pepper, not unpleasant, because very discreetly scattered.

I don't know how long I stood there. Must have looked weird for the passers-by. But when I look up, nobody is there and I stand alone on the street like before, meanwhile it is completely snowed over and so am I. The enchanted garden was therefore only a dream, a beautiful, unforgettable dream, which your aromas, your white, warming aromas have given me. But you yourself, the fine, noble, beguiling rose-green florist bouquet, I really hold it in my hand and go home happy with it. You still smell several hours in your pampering and soothing way.

You fell into my hands today. What luck!
9.0/10

Pearly Porcelain White Aroma
The white theme in fragrances is something that arouse a certain fear to the care it will be given into the creative part of the fragrance, even more when it is a perfumery classic like Aromatics Elixir. White many times is an excuse for a formula cheapening, the launchment of a composition loaded in musks, flat, verging on functional. However, i see that both clinique and the perfumer responsible for this creation had care in the creation of this Aromatics in White e aimed with the fragrance into a white texture that reminds me in parts a pearly white and in parts a fine white opaque porcelain - so, there is a synesthesia here between the name, bottle and aroma itself.
Aromatics White for me recapitulates some oriental fragrances of similar notes, in special 3 perfumes: Boucheron Initial, Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon and Christian Dior Midnight Poison. From all, what it comes most closer is Le Baiser Du Dragon (and even more closer to its dry body oil version). From Initial, Aromatics in White share the same dinamics of the peppery aroma, the roses, patchouli and almonds, but without having the powdery and honey accords. With Midnight Poison, it seems to share the same luminous amber aura, one slightly bitter that seems to wrap the roses, just here this aura is less noticeable. And with Le Baiser du Dragon it shares the same kind of almonds, that i suspect being here the effect of the combination between roses, musk and the violet leaf. There is something slightly salty from the Le Baiser almonds here, that completes the scenario of pearly roses, salty slightly plastic patchouli and the also slightly pearly and salty musks of the base.
By creating a modern composition around the main accord of its precursor, In white at the same time also honors without plagiarism intereting fragrances that were discontinued over the time, keeping itself inside its propostion both modern and at the same time pearly and white. It's an example of a well done design from all possible aspects.

DorothyGrace 3 years ago
Opens with generic fresh floral. Developes musky, old fashioned masculine cologne. No powder for me. Light, low sillage, little trail.+2
3.0
5.0
0.5

Weiß–Grün - so empfinde ich deine edlen Noten... (Iceberg-Duftrose)
by Santalwalti
Umhüllender Winterduft (Danke, Pudelbonzo *-* Danke, Rai)
by Angua
by GeorgeMaras
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular Clinique

Aromatics Elixir (Perfume) by Clinique Happy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Clinique Happy (Perfume) by Clinique Aromatics In White by Clinique Wrappings by Clinique Simply by Clinique Aromatics In Black by Clinique Calyx (2014) by Clinique Beyond Rose by Clinique Happy Heart by Clinique Aromatics Black Cherry by Clinique Happy in Bloom 2006 by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Perfumer's Reserve by Clinique Chemistry by Clinique Happy To Be by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Velvet Sheer Philtre Sensuel by Clinique Aromatics Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Clinique Happy Heart 2012 by Clinique Happy in Bloom 2010 by Clinique Happy Summer Spray by Clinique