Simply 2003

Simply by Clinique
Simply is a perfume by Clinique for women and was released in 2003. The scent is sweet-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Perfumers & Creative Guidance

Ron Winnegrade
Raymond Matts (Parfümdesigner)

Top Notes Top NotesMelon, White blossoms
Heart Notes Heart NotesSoy bean, Soy milk
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.07.2020.

Warm Soy Milk
Simply by Clinique is quite an odd little scent, one that I'm not surprised to discover has been discontinued. Somehow I feel as if it's a hard one to please.

Personally I applaud its unique and daring approach, even though I may not be a huge fan of soy beans and their accompanying scent. If I were not aware of Clinique Simply's dominant soy bean accord, I may have mistaken it for a green and slightly dry take on licorice.

On the skin this fragrance has the tendency to turn a little bitter. However, when blended with the right skin chemistry, Clinique Simply can smell quite pleasant in all its bitterness. With a light application, it also shows some promise in regards to being worn as a natural skin scent.

I know many perfume friends of whom mourn the loss of Clinique Simply. I'm rather surprised that I have managed to track down a bottle of this fragrance in a Duty Free store recently. I had thought it was long gone.

I wasn't game enough to test this fragrance on my skin, in fear of it becoming a scrubber in a matter of seconds. It's not really my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it for what it is. I would recommend Clinique Simply for wear during Spring and Autumn. Essentially it's perfect for those mid-seasons.

Other than soy beans, Clinique Simply also has prominent accords of green melon and a hint of unsweetened milk. The longevity is fantastic.

Originally Written: August 06, 2012.

Milky tea and licorice
One of my all time favorite perfumes that many seem to dislike. To me this is utterly unique. Creamy, fresh, comforting, lightly spiced and overall just an ahhhhhh fragrance. Like an anise-scented milky tea. This one you need to let develop on your skin as it becomes creamier the longer you wear it. Sadly discontinued....

AspvlAspvl 98 days ago
Another forgotten masterpiece. Ozonic plastic milikiness! Unique and beautiful.

by Turandot
by JPhx
by Storki
by Storki

Popular Clinique

Aromatics Elixir (Perfume) by Clinique Aromatics In White by Clinique Aromatics In Black by Clinique Happy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Clinique Wrappings by Clinique Beyond Rose by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Perfumer's Reserve by Clinique Happy (Perfume) by Clinique Calyx (2014) by Clinique Chemistry by Clinique Aromatics Black Cherry by Clinique Aromatics Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Velvet Sheer Philtre Sensuel by Clinique Happy Heart by Clinique Happy in Bloom 2006 by Clinique Happy To Be by Clinique Happy Heart 2012 by Clinique Aromatics Elixir Premier Edition Prestige by Clinique Happy Summer Spray by Clinique Happy in Bloom 2010 by Clinique