1872 Basil 2018

1872 Basil by Clive Christian
1872 Basil is a popular limited perfume by Clive Christian for men and was released in 2018. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Spearmint, Black pepper, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesClary sage
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Woods

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.10.2020.

Dufttiger
May I offer the gentleman a glass of 1872 Basil?
When I recently went on a search for a new fragrance or bottle, a trip to Dresden, I was surprised.

During my visit to Dresden in the Altmarktgalerie I found Parfumerie Thiemann. On the shelves, as usual many designers and individual niche brands.

Behind the counter and therefore only with a saleswoman to test CC, MFK, Creed etc.
Most of the time I would like to avoid getting advice from a saleswoman, because it takes away my calmness while trying and I already had some fragrances under my nose.

The sentence: I've heard it before, so I don't have to say it so much. "
But at Thiemann's, the woman behind the counter answered me after I explained the situation.

She went into a wooden cupboard, took out a big glass of red wine and enthusiastically sprayed the scent of CC into it.

For all those who do not know this yet, try it out !!!

Since then I have bought red wine, white wine and brandy glasses although I do not drink any alcohol. So I sit down on the couch more often in the evening and have a glass ;-)

Now for this fragrance:

I was very enthusiastic about the scent, which was probably also due to the presentation.

Starts fresh-fruity

I love mint in perfume because it suggests absolute freshness to my brain. Often this note only lasts for a short time or is tried to last with synthetics after a short time. Example "Wild Mint"
With the basil in the head, the mint has a very harmonious effect. A grassy-herbal play, as if the top note could also be used in various soft drinks Like a fresh summer lemonade.

Here the ingredients seem to me to be of very high quality and after mint loses its power, this fresh fruitiness remains without this synthetic booster.

The mainly used spices do not create a heavy or oriental bouquet but as the bottle already shows a green - floral with wood sounds
Durability is moderate and the quality does not decrease over the whole period.
For everyday life, it is not an evergreen, in my eyes, due to its limited availability.
Also the price I am a little more reserved when applying, although I would like to thank our member FORTRESS here for the bottle 1255 of 1500 and the "cheaper price", at which I have in the shop still refrained from buying.

As is well known, quality has its price. I am not at all disappointed to have paid this price, as I can enjoy the product.

finally, I would like to wish everyone a lot of fun filling their wine glasses.
Flower meadow in perfection
I lie on the summer meadow warmed by the sun. Sluggish clouds move across the dark blue sky, painting pictures that condense, change and disappear again. Insects buzz around and the smell of warm earth, flowers and herbs enters my nose. Powerful, earthbound, pristine, pure. Relaxation surrounds me, I turn my head to the side to catch even more of the aroma of wild thyme and stone carnation. A deep breath and another deep breath. Perfect peace, perfect freedom, perfect fragrance.
This is 1872 Basil. I cannot name individual flowers, it is not white bloomers or even the rose that sets the basic tone of the fragrance, but it appears softer, simpler, but also direct and unadulterated - a fully bloomed summer meadow on which the scents of thyme, meadow sage, yarrow and the various types of cloves combine to create a perfect harmony of scents.
Grapefruit mint provides a green-fresh start, and the summer meadow of the middle section ends in a creamy base that still has a little freshness. Spices and bitter chestnut honey, which previously could only be perceived as a hint, are now coming out more strongly and opening up a new world of fragrances.
In 1872 Basil is not exuberant, but noble-elegant, completely uncomplicated to wear - and clearly a wonderful event on women's skin. I'm sorry, my love, it's not shared! But sniffing is not only allowed, but expressly desired!

by Djdani
by Djdani

Popular Clive Christian

X for Men by Clive Christian V for Men by Clive Christian No. 1 for Women by Clive Christian 1872 for Men by Clive Christian C for Men by Clive Christian X Saffron by Clive Christian L for Men by Clive Christian Private Collection - C: Woody Leather by Clive Christian Noble XXI: Art Deco - Cypress by Clive Christian X Tabac by Clive Christian 1872 for Women by Clive Christian AddictiveArts - Vision in a Dream Psychedelic by Clive Christian 1872 Vetiver by Clive Christian No. 1 for Men by Clive Christian Original Collection - X: The Feminine Perfume of the Perfect Pair / X for Women by Clive Christian AddictiveArts - Chasing the Dragon Euphoric by Clive Christian Noble VIII: Rococo - Immortelle by Clive Christian AddictiveArts - Jump Up and Kiss Me Ecstatic by Clive Christian Noble VII - Rock Rose by Clive Christian Private Collection - I: Amber Oriental by Clive Christian