1872 for Women 2001

1872 for Women by Clive Christian
1872 for Women is a popular perfume by Clive Christian for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Patricia Choux

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Blueberry, Rosemary, Tangerine, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Orchid, Osmanthus, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Gaiac wood, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.04.2021.

For all those born after 1872 :D
Hello you fans of nice fragrances, welcome to my latest comment :)
Today it's about the Clive Christian fragrance "1872 for Women", so it's a fragrance for all women who were born in 1872 and accordingly should be about 150 years old!... :D No, of course not. It's about women born AFTER 1872... which should actually concern all of you, he he.

Okay, so 1872 is actually the founding date of Crown Perfumery, a fragrance manufacturer sought out by Clive Christian (who were primarily luxury interior designers) to make just perfumes. In 1999 Crown Perfumery was eventually bought by Clive Christian, in case you were wondering why Crown Perfumery is so out of it, they're just Clive Christian now.

Soo... now that you guys are a little smarter, I hope... :D, I might as well get to the scent description, right? The special feature in this fragrance is supposed to be the May rose, or rather the absolute of a May rose, for which you need 170 rose petals for a single drop, which you can't even imagine, can you (pffft, what an effort just because of ONE fragrance note... Parfumas and Parfumos are such freaks!)? And as if that wasn't enough, this fragrance ingredient is actually quite rare, as the May Rose is only supposed to bloom for three to six weeks a year, which should thus make it more difficult to produce. Honestly, I think that there are ways and means to grow more of these roses, but I don't know anything about it and I wouldn't mind if someone here could write if the fragrant oil of the May rose is really that difficult to produce. Until then, I'll take care of the fragrance description :)

The fragrance:
The beginning of the scent is actually overwhelming, not only because it smells good, but because you can sense quite a few scents right at the beginning, so it's hard to know where to start. So I'm smelling rosemary, which is a nice kitchen weed that has a nice scent. Then I smell pineapple out very slightly, but should tell you geeks here right now that this is just NOT AVENTUS, tssss.... :D
Okay, moving on: I also smell a violet-like sweetness (the May roses, perhaps?), which also comes across as slightly effervescent to me at the beginning, though this fizzy feeling is certainly caused by the lemons. Otherwise, there's another mix of flowers and fruits, but I can't pinpoint them further now.
Later, I continue to smell all the fragrance notes just described, but the fragrance becomes warmer and softer, also loses more and more of its fruity touch, because pineapple gradually disappears. After that, it smells even more floral, but thankfully lovely-floral instead of stuffy. Then oakmoss comes in, though this scent is not that strong, so it doesn't necessarily make the scent seem more mature, but remains lovely and of course very feminine. The floral notes later become a bit sultry, it's a phase I like less because it reminds me of opulent flowers like ylang-ylang, but in the later base this gets much better again.
Anyway, from the base onwards, the oakmoss becomes slightly stronger, plus a pinch of patchouli, otherwise the scent becomes woodier in the base, but in a nice, gentle way instead of becoming very tart. The floral notes of course remain nicely scented in the base and are lovely and slightly sweet.

The sillage and the durability:
The sillage is good, not super strong but enough to trail a nice scent tail for a while. The durability is pretty good, the fragrance lasted over ten hours with me.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and green and is also said to be very high quality, as for Clive Christian, fragrance making is considered an art form and everything has to be right here too. The gold-plated lid also shows a crown, as an allusion to the fragrance house Crown Perfumery, which at the time had permission to use the British crown as a motif. All in all, a pretty fancy bottle.

Conclusion:
Okay guys, my impression of this fragrance is pretty good. It smells high quality, but most importantly it smells very good and it is also complex as it contains a lot of fragrance notes. It is very feminine and I find that despite a little oakmoss it is well suited for most ladies, except maybe, one has just turned 16 or so, there I would then take more sweetish :)

Anyway, the fragrance is well worth testing. And whether he is as stated as CK One twin,... well, I can unfortunately not say at the moment, because I have CK One no longer exactly in mind,... but so extreme the fragrances probably could not be similar, otherwise the CK One would have to actually get similar ratings here as this fragrance here, right?

Anyway, the fragrance is for me an all-rounder, so always goes, without you now have to limit yourself to a particular season. However, I find that this fragrance is not a Ausgehduft, there is simply something missing for it. 1872 is therefore more of a more refined leisure / day fragrance, which could also go well at work. Sure you can use it already to go out, but then maybe more to go out to eat than at parties or to celebrate, etc.

Soo... crap, I just can't think of anything, which is why I could rant or gripe with you ladies now again a little bit, so I better come to the end before I say something else wrong, hey hey :D
So then, have all a nice evening and until next time :)

Eventual Elegance
I find the top note of this fragrance off-putting, especially the lemon, but eventually it dies down and allows the lovely rest to unfold. Soon I can appreciate the well-balanced floral accord in which rose slightly dominates. At first, oakmoss is strongest in the exquisite woody base. Wait longer and my nose returns hungrily to my hand for renewed rapture. This is a quality perfume, brilliantly composed. It's a fruity-floral with the sophistication of an oriental, to which rosemary adds a subtle but lyric hint of green. To me, 1872 is what the best of perfume is all about--a scent to make the nose glad of the ability to smell and turn admiring heads with refined sillage. No one's going to think "sex" when they smell this. [Note to self: don't wear on sex-bombing missions]. They'll turn to see what notable female is near. This is a perfume to wear to receptions and balls, to operas, ballets and symphonies. It's a striking fragrance for a woman who wants to impress while signalling, "No, you can't have my phone number." Obviously, avoid if single and available.

81%....I must have bad taste, : update i start to like it
Had expected a lot more of this house, it don't dislike it but honestly I don't really like it neither, it leaves me more indifferent... I never had Calvin Klein one, but a friend says it reminds him of it, he says it is rather similar...don't know what I'm gonna do with it...I'll try it once again and will make my mind up if it goes to one of my family-friends or stays with me..
I don't understand the 81%...As I said I must have bad taste, but yep it is my taste and it is not because I feel that it does not deserve its price, that I feel I paid to much for a similar as Calvin klein's one that I am gonna give it a good review

Update
Stil have not tried CK one, but this 1872 is really growing on me, i even have to say i start to like it, have it on today for 6 hours and it still smells even good ..is it possible that one day one's skin reacts different than another day to the same perfume, i think so, had it before already , last week with 24 faubourg, I had after a few hours a smell of Cat Pis lingering around, I had to wash it of.

Bcatalin1Bcatalin1 1 year ago
One of the best summer fragrances. Fresh floral with a fruity touch ,with outstanding quality and tehnics. A solid 9/10
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Fruity and fresh,that's what you get from 1872.Great for summer,elegant and very expensive. Quality scents tend to be low on sillage...

by Infinite
by SvetlanaG
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Clive Christian

AddictiveArts - Vision in a Dream Psychedelic by Clive Christian X for Men by Clive Christian V for Men by Clive Christian 1872 for Men by Clive Christian No. 1 for Women by Clive Christian C for Men by Clive Christian L for Men by Clive Christian AddictiveArts - Chasing the Dragon Euphoric by Clive Christian 1872 Vetiver by Clive Christian X Tabac by Clive Christian AddictiveArts - Jump Up and Kiss Me Ecstatic by Clive Christian Private Collection - I: Amber Oriental by Clive Christian No. 1 for Men by Clive Christian Private Collection - V: Amber Fougere by Clive Christian Noble XXI: Art Deco - Cypress by Clive Christian Noble VII - Rock Rose by Clive Christian Noble VIII: Rococo - Immortelle by Clive Christian Private Collection - C: Woody Leather by Clive Christian Original Collection - X: The Feminine Perfume of the Perfect Pair / X for Women by Clive Christian C for Women by Clive Christian