1872 for Women (2001)

1872 for Women by Clive Christian

1872 for Women is a popular perfume by Clive Christian for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Patricia Choux

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Blueberry, Rosemary, Tangerine, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orchid, Osmanthus, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Gaiac wood, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.06.2019

9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Eventual Elegance
I find the top note of this fragrance off-putting, especially the lemon, but eventually it dies down and allows the lovely rest to unfold. Soon I can appreciate the well-balanced floral accord in which rose slightly dominates. At first, oakmoss is strongest in the exquisite woody base. Wait longer and my nose returns hungrily to my hand for renewed rapture. This is a quality perfume, brilliantly composed. It's a fruity-floral with the sophistication of an oriental, to which rosemary adds a subtle but lyric hint of green. To me, 1872 is what the best of perfume is all about--a scent to make the nose glad of the ability to smell and turn admiring heads with refined sillage. No one's going to think "sex" when they smell this. [Note to self: don't wear on sex-bombing missions]. They'll turn to see what notable female is near. This is a perfume to wear to receptions and balls, to operas, ballets and symphonies. It's a striking fragrance for a woman who wants to impress while signalling, "No, you can't have my phone number." Obviously, avoid if single and available.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

81%....I must have bad taste, : update i start to like it
Had expected a lot more of this house, it don't dislike it but honestly I don't really like it neither, it leaves me more indifferent... I never had Calvin Klein one, but a friend says it reminds him of it, he says it is rather similar...don't know what I'm gonna do with it...I'll try it once again and will make my mind up if it goes to one of my family-friends or stays with me..
I don't understand the 81%...As I said I must have bad taste, but yep it is my taste and it is not because I feel that it does not deserve its price, that I feel I paid to much for a similar as Calvin klein's one that I am gonna give it a good review

Update
Stil have not tried CK one, but this 1872 is really growing on me, i even have to say i start to like it, have it on today for 6 hours and it still smells even good ..is it possible that one day one's skin reacts different than another day to the same perfume, i think so, had it before already , last week with 24 faubourg, I had after a few hours a smell of Cat Pis lingering around, I had to wash it of.

Lexa 2 years ago
Fruity and fresh,that's what you get from 1872.Great for summer,elegant and very expensive. Quality scents tend to be low on sillage...+1
9.0

by SvetlanaG
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Clive Christian

1872 for Men by Clive Christian X for Men by Clive Christian No. 1 for Men by Clive Christian C for Men by Clive Christian No. 1 for Women by Clive Christian Original Collection - X: The Feminine Perfume of the Perfect Pair / X for Women by Clive Christian L for Men by Clive Christian 1872 for Women by Clive Christian V for Men by Clive Christian C for Women by Clive Christian Noble VII - Rock Rose by Clive Christian V for Women by Clive Christian Noble VII - Cosmos Flower by Clive Christian Noble VIII: Rococo - Immortelle by Clive Christian L for Women by Clive Christian AddictiveArts - Jump Up and Kiss Me Ecstatic by Clive Christian X Tabac by Clive Christian Private Collection - L: Woody Oriental by Clive Christian X Myrrh by Clive Christian Noble VIII: Rococo - Magnolia by Clive Christian