Frosted Moon
Lune de Givre
2013

Frosted Moon / Lune de Givre by Cloon Keen Atelier
7.9 / 10 100 Ratings
Frosted Moon is a popular perfume by Cloon Keen Atelier for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is green-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes Angelica seedAngelica seed Angelica rootAngelica root
Heart Notes Heart Notes Carrot seedCarrot seed Orris rootOrris root Ambrette seedAmbrette seed
Base Notes Base Notes GalbanumGalbanum VetiverVetiver MuskMusk Cedar bark

Perfumers

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 31.01.2023.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 50
In the iris forest
As dusk falls, she spreads her wings and flies high up. In one of the uppermost treetops between the dark firs she finds a place for the night. She looks up once more at the silvery, seemingly frozen moon before slowly tucking her head under her right wing. Here she is safe from any predators that may be up to mischief in the enchanted, dark iris forest.

The story of this game hen came to mind when I first caught the scent of Frosted Moon on my nose. I seem to be falling prey to a little hype with this perfume. Rightly so, in my opinion. Because this is an incredibly beautiful iris scent that doesn't find so many fans here without reason. Incomprehensible to me once again, why one sets such a fine fragrance.

I first learned to appreciate the scent of angelica with Armani Privés Fil Rouge so right. Similarly, the angelica also comes to the fore here, before iris and ambrette seeds come into play, which let this typical, silvery and iridescent iris appear, as it also knows how to shine in fragrances such as Collection Extraordinaire - Bois d'Iris and consorts. But this fragrance shows us a different, glittering iris forest. Because here we don't have incense as a counterpart, but green notes. Galbanum and vetiver join in, giving the fragrance a harsher edge and creating that typical forest impression in the twilight for me. Despite musky notes, Frosted Moon never gets fluffy or cuddly. This is an iris scent with an edge, yet at no time does it seem dusty or - heaven forbid - even powdery to me.

I love iris scents and have tried quite a few of them, but this one is new and different for me. Like the aforementioned Bois d'Iris, Frosted Moon is not a sillage monster. It comes across as light, delicate and transparent, yet every now and then a gentle whiff grazes the nose. Who expects a too powerful fragrance, is wrong here. If you appreciate the quieter tones, Frosted Moon can take you on a beautiful journey into the iris forest. There, where my wild chicken lives and sleeps high up in the trees.

Many thanks to the faun Floyd for the sample. Give my regards to the wild chicken!
Top Review 18
Unspeakably beautiful
Due to the fantastic review of @Marieposa I came across this fragrance. She also left me a small bottling of this treasure, for which I am infinitely grateful.

Because Frosted Moon is unspeakably beautiful. It has an aura that @Marieposa and @Augusto describe perfectly in their reviews. I, too, feel transported to a forest or rural Ireland, where the scent comes from. Maybe to the coast as well. There is a coolness to the scent, but not at all unpleasant, reminiscent of a cool autumn morning by the sea. There is a strong but not too cool breeze. I feel light drizzle on my face. Thick fog shrouds the landscape and the sea in a grey veil. Somewhere seagulls pass by calling loudly.

I admit, I can by no means smell out all the notes here. But that is also not necessary to love Frosted Moon. For me, however, a very cool and slightly bitter iris dominates the fragrance. Otherwise, it is probably the overall composition that gives it its character.

Sillage and durability do not seem to be that strong. That is the only downer of this otherwise fantastic fragrance.
Top Review 29
The Moonlight Sonata
I take off my shoes. My feet gently touch the forest floor. Dewdrops are already forming on velvety moss cushions, but the smooth, round stones only slowly give off the warmth of the day. Even the trees breathe warmly against the cool of the night. I pause, not wanting to tear myself away from this feeling yet. My path leads down to the bog lake hidden at the edge of the clearing. Whispering, small ripples lapping at the shore. A belated blackbird sings its bittersweet song. Suddenly I am a little girl again with pigtails and striped socks. Even in my parents' garden, the blackbird's song accompanies me as I swing on the swing in the twilight, waiting for my mother to call me into the house, where golden light glows behind the windows.
The water of the lake welcomes me with an embrace. Limp and warm on the surface. Only when I dive deeper does a comforting cool shiver wash over me. I let myself drift. The water carries me. Moonlight shimmers on my skin. How long do I stay like this? I don't know. Minutes, hours, an eternity ... What is time?
Back on the shore, I stretch out on the round stones. Enjoy their warmth on my cool skin. Drops of water bead from my hair and sink into the soft moss.

Now it's happened: I have become something I never wanted to be. Namely, a woman with a bunker bottle. But what was I supposed to do? The need was great. After all, this is about Lune de Givre and Frosted Moon, respectively, which was first renamed and then discontinued. Rest in peace, my gentle friend and faithful companion! This fragrance was originally composed by perfumer Delphine Thierry for her own use, until Margaret Mangan and Julian Checkley managed to coax the formula of this ethereal beauty from her for their freshly founded perfume label, Cloon Keen.
Frosted Moon is a delicate, transparent iris scent that starts with earthy carrot and the tart green notes of angelica and galbanum. Despite this initial coolness and freshness, light woods, musk and vetiver provide warmth and so the silvery shimmering iris is surrounded by delightful contrasts, sometimes this one and sometimes each one taking the upper hand. Frosted Moon speaks in a soft voice, but to those who will listen, it tells a wonderful story of closeness and distance, of coolness and warmth. It's like reaching out on a full moon night when the moon seems so close.
I find these gentle, melancholy sounds that Frosted Moon strikes in Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata." And the feeling of sinking into oneself, surrounded by a soft green iris veil, conjures up the image of an incredibly beautiful living sculpture in Heligan's Lost Gardens, unfortunately christened with the rather prosaic name of "Mud Maid".

Frosted Moon is an almost meditative scent that gets me back in touch with myself when the daily grind overtakes me. I can think of no occasion to which it would not fit, no situation in which it could seem inappropriate. About a lack of durability, by the way, I can not complain: Although the angelica in the top note weakens quite soon, but the beautiful iris-galbanum-musk combination I smell even a day later in my clothes.
A perfume with great signature scent potential and I'm glad that I can be wasteful with the small remainder in my bottle, because still a whopping hundred milliliters waiting for me.
Top Review 19
Ireland-iris. Not for the travel guide
Freshly baptised meadow, silver moonlight, ghosts, herbs, a few sheep crowd together. This is how the Ireland-poured stereotype of the Galway perfumers' fragrance could already look. Rough (sea) air and fairy dust. Dance in the breeze. A harsh, ethereal beauty that's not out for scene applause. Despite the almost scratchy Angelica and the predominant green components, the iris root penetrates radiantly and shimmeringly like light - by day the sun, by night the moon - through a cloudy sky. The island of a thousand greens, of course. From velvety moss to grasses and bushes swaying in the wind over the cliffs, everything is there. Daffodils also occur to me, splashes of colour, a short rain and sunbeams falling through the clouds again. All this is reflected in this fragrance, which oscillates between milky-herbal and flickering light effects and which somehow seems to reflect the near-earth unreality of Monlicht.

It can't be accommodated in the mainstream. Not even in the guidebook. Frosted Moon/ Lune de Givre is not so much the tourist track but rather the hidden modern as also Celtic Ireland, for me also goblins and trolls and fairies and as panorama the decayed cottages overgrown with some grass. Somewhere there is a rusty car lying around and people have long since moved away because of the work. Behind a gate, a dog barks. The city on the other hand is lively, the people there are friendly.

The Galway fragrance is the opposite of opulent, the iris dry, while some moisture and rich herb floats through the surface of the fragrance image. The scent remains linear, only at the beginning it is harshly spicy and a little caroty, while at the end it changes into a soft, light musk surface that remains soft on the skin. The astringency is brought masterfully by angelica, galbanum and vetiver, the background, which is beyond the horizon, the other side olfactorically embodies the iris root, which so often, and especially here, carries with it an enchanting brilliance, a pull, but also an icy seriousness, its sky sphere is radiant, but cold. A rainbow.

Due to the climatic conditions and the changing weather in Ireland, you often see them, so it's certainly no coincidence that the perfumers from Galway grouped a wonderful fragrance around the rainbow goddess Iris and dedicated it to the silver moon.
In spite of my associations with Ireland romanticism and perhaps also with Heinrich Böll, the fragrance is abstract and modern and also a little uncomfortable behind the façade.

The fragrance manages well not to overwind and to maintain its shelf life in such a way that it remains subtle but clearly noticeable throughout the day. I don't find it easy at all, not easy either, but very multi-layered and therefore like to wear it very much. For me, he creates olfactory identification surfaces that cannot be described through scents or images. Tried anyway, it's, like, always just a snippet.
Although it is fresh, green and herbaceous and of course also suitable for men, the hoarfrost moon is more suitable for women, says AugustA. In any case, a fragrance for all who are looking for shimmer, double bottom and yet something real, because fairy fantasy or Ireland kitsch he is not so

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Cloon Keen Atelier

Castaña by Cloon Keen Atelier Tulum by Cloon Keen Atelier Infusion Assam by Cloon Keen Atelier Sybarite by Cloon Keen Atelier Copacetic by Cloon Keen Atelier Suede Galore by Cloon Keen Atelier Lá Bealtaine by Cloon Keen Atelier Terre de L'Encens by Cloon Keen Atelier Bataille de Fleurs by Cloon Keen Atelier Bel Étage by Cloon Keen Atelier Grande Dame by Cloon Keen Atelier Edition Tuberose by Cloon Keen Atelier Lúnasa by Cloon Keen Atelier Róisín Dubh by Cloon Keen Atelier Énbarr by Cloon Keen Atelier