Vetiver Forte (2016)

Vetiver Forte by Collistar

Vetiver Forte is a perfume by Collistar for men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemon, Italian bergamot, Nutmeg, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Clary sage, Tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver Orpur®, Cashmeran, Gaiac wood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.11.2018

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10
Farneon
Misleading name, fantastic scent ... the surprise of the year!
Almost a bit of boredom I have added this fragrance to an Amazon order. I was curious about Vetiver, which - as far as I can judge - only serves as a substructure and despite the name "Vetiver Forte" doesn't play a dominant role. Or am I mistaken at the end? Even after "Orpur" I googled and suspected behind it the chemical club. On the contrary: It is a name developed by Tom Ford, behind which a proven origin and special purity of ethereal oils is said to lie. So far, so good!

So I was expecting something completely different when I finally got to my nose. From the presumed earthy-spicy-herb the real sweetish-balsamic-warm ... But what can I say? Anyway, I was looking for an EDT that was optimal for me for the beginning of the cold season and unexpectedly I suddenly wore this on my skin.

As a fan of "Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man" (one of my favourite winter and night fragrances), I immediately thought that it and VF would play in a similar league in terms of basic trends, seasons and occasions. So I went straight to the comparison test. And what can I say? I find VF even better, because after the top note flies away it looks more natural, which I attribute to the herbs and woods used, which give the tempting sweetness exactly the right amount of "resistance".

After having made my blog about "Synthetics" a lively place for discussions, I have to say: I don't care that "Haitian Vetiver Orpur" meets synthetic cashmeran and other components that I can't exactly smell out! ;-) For me, VF is simply a great fragrance, which I also like as someone who prefers the fresher splint. So I'm pretty excited for now and feel a bit like someone who has eaten one of the best desserts ever in an inconspicuous and simple backyard restaurant, and still pretty cheap.

What's true about the name, by the way, is the "Forte", because VF has a pretty strong sillage and durability

by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Collistar

Profumo di Armonia by Collistar Profumo dei Sensi by Collistar L'Incenso by Collistar Acqua Wood by Collistar Acqua Attiva (Eau de Toilette) by Collistar Vetiver Forte by Collistar Profumo della Felicità by Collistar Profumo di Benessere by Collistar Profumo dei Sogni (2008) by Collistar Acqua Attiva Assoluta (Eau de Toilette) by Collistar La Rosa by Collistar Profumo dell' Amore by Collistar Profumo di Energia by Collistar Profumo dei Sogni (2015) by Collistar Acqua Attiva Green by Collistar Acqua Attiva Edizione Speciale by Collistar Acqua Attiva (Lozione Dopobarba) by Collistar L'Ambra by Collistar L'Oud by Collistar La Vaniglia by Collistar