Amazingreen by Comme des Garçons
Amazingreen is a perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGreen pepper, Hazelnut, Palm leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesIvy, Flintstone, Orris root, Coriander seed
Base Notes Base NotesSmoke, Gun powder, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Beautycase, last update on 03.10.2020.

Magineer
Green, green, green are all my clothes...
Exactly. Green. There's not much more...

Well I like the CdG concept, and Comme des Garcons 2, Concrete and even Blackpepper do a lot of things right, not to mention the Incense sub-series, which is a dream. "Amazingreen" on the other hand plays it safe and starts with a fresh green opening, which could also come out of the garden shredder on a beautiful July morning. One touch too much of the good stuff, the vetiver provides the necessary freshness kick, but as a green lover you can certainly come to terms with it. But not with the lack of changeability and the disappointing stamina.

"Amazingreen" runs comparatively linear after the above mentioned opening, and if you like the top note, you can indulge in it for a good quarter of an hour. I like it, and honestly, I don't need any development at all: this is summer freshness, which is finally achieved without the use of excessive aquatic notes, and that makes the fragrance very pleasant. Of course Hérault helps with a lot of synthetics, but I find such fragrance experiments legitimate, and CdG is ultimately known for exactly that - and popular.

But... for God's sake ... if you already have a complete chemistry set in your drawer, then please put SOMETHING in it that keeps the scent fresh on me for more than an hour. And ideally, it should also prevent all the lights from going out after two hours, even at close range. Then I promise you, high and holy, I will wear the top note with pride every morning to work. But with the lack of puff, Amazingreen and I won't be friends anymore in this life. It's a shame, really.

Smellavision
A somehow misleading name...
Green? I'd rather think blue.. Amazing ? well... Very "aquatic" and slightly sweet, mostly due to calone (is that what is called gunpowder or flintstone in the notes pyramid?), but really gives off a happy or "Life is good" vibe, summery and could remind me of a CK summer flanker.

Imagine morning dew on a strawberry plant or the scent of ivy perhaps ? Woody and slightly musky with some vetiver lurking in the background.

If this was launched by Kenzo, I wouldn't be surprised, but CdG ? Didn't see that coming. I really think it smells like something from the Hermes Jardin series.

Unisex and hard to dislike, but not really that exciting.
I mean, I like it but amazing? Naah....
Too green to be true...
Today I brought this treasure to the surface while deep diving in the sample box.
I haven't really had the time to take a closer look at CdG fragrances. But I like the concept with the intentionally synthetic looking fragrances quite well.

Amazingreen also never smells like a real meadow at any time. It is all much too bright green, reinforced by the slightly hot pepper accord. I wouldn't call it fresh, it has something pungent, but not unpleasant. It actually has something of a virtual scenery. The meadow is as grass-green as it will never be in real life, smells much too much like grass. But it's not unpleasant.

Amazingreen darkens somewhat in the heart note. What is probably called "flintstone" here, I perceive as something dark and smoky, slightly metallic. And lots of vetiver, but also anything but natural smelling. The longer I have the scent on, the more the smoky and green notes fade. I'm missing a counterpart on the base. The emphatically artificial vetiver makes the whole thing look a bit cheap after all. Like a cheap aftershave, which wants to smell as MASCULINE as possible.

Durability and silage are above average. Because the fragrance is very special, you should be rather reserved when spraying. You gotta like that kind of thing. If you don't have a problem with the artificial smell of green, you can take a closer look at Amazingreen
Marquise27
I'm standing in the jungle
A very fresh, green, cool metallic energizer. There you are awake in the morning and ready for all deeds. This slightly smoky (gunpowder?) is interesting, doesn't fit in at first, but becomes harmonious with time. After a few hours this slightly icy touch is gone and gives way to a light musk iris note. This fragrance shows a few sides for me and changes in the course of the first hours very positively. I see the fragrance rather at a young guy who also beats sometimes over the severity but always with the heart is present. Durability is good, bottle looks cool in the metallic look. Price is something is in the middle price segment.
PinesResinLianasBuchsPeng
Wonderfully green (ah!), irritating, lion tooth green, grassy, aromatic. Herbaceous. Mineral. Pond water, slightly brackish. What grows on a stream. View into the sky, treetops. Native, exotic? Weird.

Earth, well-watered. Sun-heated. Roots break through the earth's surface.
Barefoot, freshly creamed. Men's skin, women's fragrance. A dragonfly.

Foreign matter, bitter, sour, a straw to chew on. Tastes bad, spit out.
After one hour maggi herb and wood, but somehow, well let's say "apart" (horrible word). Light smoke, somewhere at the edge of the forest hangs a little fog and PiffPaff despite summer day in the forest feeling.

And jungle in general. Lianas too, I'm sure. With pine resin, yes, yes, quite cross-faunatic.

Now I remember the Buxus from the Margiela Untitled. It is always a little oppressive, and attracts attention, even years later.

Is there bark mulch? Bang - a flint falls down and it dusts. Somewhere a mouse rustles and fur leaves a light musk scent. Not clean, but rather such stripped undercoat from a green-spotted saw- er mammal, which I have never seen at Sielmann like this.

I'm going to fan myself some fresh air with a palm leaf. I don't know if I really smell it.
To the smoke comes the blue-green freshness of Vetiver, yes, I like to stay with it and the scent with me. So about five hours more.

P.S.: You see: At AugustA the fragrance is coming along well, but that took some tests with a long time interval (years!). In this way, it changes from one (un)possible green to the next between superficially unagitatedly fresh synthetic bathroom shower tile green and off on the liana through the jungle. I think it's funny now and I really like to wear it now and then. Some people think it's a solid men's fragrance. Either way, off into the countryside! And a Hallali for all golfers who stumbled over the vine! Green remains green and is not always green. It won't get any greener!
2.5

Green?
Green? With a lot of imagination but only in the beginning.
Tried a sample on my holidays and was bored to hell.

Sillage is weak and lasts only 3 hours on my skin.
It is synthetic and musky to me this weird creation.
A Mainstream product, not the Comme des Garçons I hoped for. No exciting edges nor amazing! The bottle is still nice tho.

If you want green and like the idea of lemony green roots, leaves and the feel of sun warmed earth under the fig trees I'd say try Ninfeo Mio by Goutal or the more feminin "Delicate" by Boadicea. Best green thing out there is Byredo 1996 at the moment.
2.5

It's Perfect for Cinco De Mayo
I couldn't really write a long review on this one, there is not much to say other than it reminds me of lightening striking, spent fire crackers and fajitas. But mostly this is all green bell pepper (Capsicums) and synthetic ivy and crushed green leaves with a touch of vetiver. It's just very weird, linear and unappealing on my skin. I wanted to love this so much...I want a cool CdG bottle in my collection and green is my favorite color, but this falls so flat-no dice. I think that I would only recommend this for professional day/office use for the folks that truly love fresh sliced biting pungent green bell peppers in a salad of bitter greens with a little trail of resinous smoke in the base and want people to whisper "Is someone roasting peppers?" as the go by the water cooler. Truthfully, this is the most uninspired Comme des Garçons I have come across so far and I am about a third through sampling the entire line. My biggest gripe with this one is "gunpowder accord" sounds so daring and I was so excited to get ahold of this sample to experience the danger! Where ever the gunpowder accord limped off to...I hope it comes back with a Medi-vac crew...this is a 'muy grave' (very serious) train wreck in a gorgeous green flask.

KingPinKingPin 1 year ago
Actually reminds me of Note di Colonia I, but slightly more synthetic and metallic. Fresh, nice.

by TheScenter
by Vawallpa
by Salered
by Salered

Popular Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Floriental by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Three: Sugi by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Play Green by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Serpentine by Comme des Garçons Artek - Standard by Comme des Garçons Dover Street Market by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons