Black Comme des Garçons (2013)

Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons

Black Comme des Garçons is a popular perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is smoky-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesMadagascan black pepper, Somalian frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Licorice, Birch tar, California bay laurel
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Joe, last update on 13.10.2019.

FrauHolle
WATCH OUT! Spoilers! Because of the liquorice!
Many, who want to get this scent, ask themselves probably surely: Do you actually smell the liquorice?
LOOK AHEAD! From HERE no more reading, because I will tell you that one smells the liquorice.
It's like this, let's say like this, you can smell the liquorice already, but ONLY if you just know.

Your problem is now, after you have read these lines, and you have that: Yes, liquorice smells you, and from now on you will smell it too, next to the incense, but ONLY YOU now have the knowledge about the liquorice, but the people around you don't, and they won't smell it because of that, the liquorice, IF they don't know my contribution.

So the best thing to do is to be silent when someone asks you what you're wearing, don't say anything, or: NIX!
Or say: NIX WITH LAKRITZE, MAN! And also say unrelated, fateful words that you will later feel sorry for, such as anise, Haribo snails, or salmiak cats. They'll find out, and then you'll have the salad. Liquorice perfume is unbelievably difficult to explain.

And don't, NEVER, refer to Parfumo!
Just say to these curious people (my goodness, where did you meet them?)
: "Vanilla Kisses" like I always do when a Spakko asks me for my perfume.
(nobody asks anymore, because everybody already knows: Vanilla Kisses)

You all right? Okay, GaLiGrü!
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Very helpful Review
... jekoled
Dit smells like ... to the jeko! Mmmmmh that's exactly what I was looking for! What it smells like when good, purpose-built things burn. Twigs, branches, leaves...
No food, no. If I wanted to smell of food, I could go to the kitchen and cook with the window closed.
The smell when the birds migrate and the cold slowly returns. Then a leaf fire in the garden with grandma.
Leather and liquorice... actually on my please-not-page. But exceptions confirm the rule, or ?
I wonder if women can wear this black too Anyone can, of course!
It suits me, even though the other might not see it that way. Didn't the "Man in Black" at the entrance to the fragrance consumption recommend "Tresor in Love" by Lancome to me years ago with a wink. He'd suit me very well! Thank you, but no thank you!
Then you'd better have leather and liquorice, but only in exceptional cases!
5.0/10

Wispy Burning Woods
Black smells fruity in the pipette, but goes on smoky. It's a nice quality smoke, not artificial, but faintly acrid burning woods. About two hours in, the smoke has burned away to reveal a deep, sweet wood -- is this elmi? It smells like Azzaro Onyx (not the peppermint aspect). A little while later, the smoke returns and dies down gently, fading away completely by hour eight. This is not a bad scent, but it's certainly nothing groundbreaking, and I definitely don't get the impressions that others have received. (I feel cheated, honestly.)

Something really special...
This is a fragrance I love because it challenges me. Whenever I find a fragrance like that I am always pleased. The house of Comme des Garçons is one which always pushes the limits and is able to challenge people's noses. I really admire them for that.

So the fragrance... to me this has spices and leather, liquorice & incense, and a heavy dose of birch tar. Personally, what comes to my mind when I smell this is the smell of a spice market full of busy people. In a busy street. I used to live in Cairo and at different times I used to remember the exact smell of a market full of all kinds of spices... cumin, caraway, black pepper, cinnamon, aniseed, paprika, cardamom, all sitting in sacks by each store. Sometimes because of the busy street you would find a man on a motorcycle pass by you, bringing the smell of the street with him (petrol, black engine smoke, engine oil ) and I would smell the black tar on the road which had melted in the hot sun. So many smells which rush in my imagination from all directions when I wear this one.

Personally, I don't agree when people say this is "unwearable". There is no such thing. I agree that this could smell challenging to some people, but to me I feel right at home! I would happily wear this. It's not too strong, it stays on the skin for a long time but it doesn't project to people in an offensive way. I think people who smell this on you would be intrigued and interested to find out this smell. I think that if you are a person who likes "interesting" or challenging fragrances, and who wears a fragrance for yourself, and not to "please" others, then you will enjoy this one. Personally I enjoy it very much, and it fires my imagination. Well done CdG!
2.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Sensual Gamelan for Ghouls and Goblins
Black by Comme des Garçons is a woody licorice treat. My first thoughts are of Halloween candy and just as I wait for the sweetness- I realize, I have been tricked! Good Show! Dry, sugarfree, earthbound, fairly-traded (?) and masculine-leaning. Black gently takes my hand as offers to show me the city- I get a reality check dose of hot-tar-on-the- sidewalk note blended with a piquant fresh cracked black pepper on a base of smoky vetiver incense, just as promised by the name. This is in the same olfactory family for me as a scent-memory of shopping/walking in a heat-induced trance, in the galleries and kiosks of Ubud, Indonesia in the sedate radiant warmth of September, listening to the chime of Gamelan music. This is a passionate high energy scent for the evening on both men and women. Yet there is something dry ancient and artifact like about the wood note that is soothing and wise. Personally, I want my closets and house to smell like this in the Summer heat, instead of like Great Pyrenees. If you like fragrances like "Wonderwood" and "Hinoki", you should try this one. I would call this unique within that tight genre- and I would feel compelled to turn around and ask a gentlemen what he was wearing...but have to expect a sly wink and a silent kiss blown to me instead of an answer. Be sure to leave an appropriate offering of dragon-fruit for the guardians of the Monkey Forest before your evening dip in the cool lotus pond pool.

Lillibet 22 months ago
The aromatic warmth of freshly crushed black peppercorns morphs gradually into resinous woodsmoke and ashes. Bracing, warm and unusual.+4
Hermesh 4 years ago
Starts peppery-resinous, then ranges between a black leather jacket and polished shoes, becomes finally cold-smoky and muted (gray).+2

by Pascu
by Chnokfir
Black Comme des Garcons
by Chnokfir

Popular Comme des Garçons

Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Amazingreen by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons 8 88 by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Floriental by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Blue Invasion - Blue Encens by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons Concrete by Comme des Garçons Wonderoud by Comme des Garçons G I R L by Pharrell Williams by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons