Floriental by Comme des Garçons
Floriental is a popular perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Labdanum, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Frankincense, Pink pepper, Plum liqueur

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.10.2020.

Plum jam with flowers
I ordered a sample for my buddy and we both tested it on his forearm. My first impression: Plum jam and liqueur. Later it unfolded a bit so that the flowery something was shown to advantage. All in all the shelf life surprised us positively (more like an 8 than a 7), the only thing that disappointed us a bit was the really not so strong Sillage. When he walked in front of me you could smell it with the right wind, but all in all rather discreet (which is not necessarily bad).

Conclusion: He will buy it we both were enthusiastic about the scent, this one is really special :)
It is worth trying if you like this kind of fragrance.

The name says it all...
Opening with a plummy, fruity incense. This is a great quality scent, featuring (very little) florals, dry cedar and sandalwood, incense, spiced fruits and some sweetish vetiver. Unisex indeed. The base and drydown somehow seems to be based on the Wonderwood recipe.

Without being biased, this smells like the ultimate simple pleasant template for a unisex oriental to be used by any gender, that would never offend anyone. I'm not saying it's boring at all, it's just a total allround oriental people pleaser in my opinion.

Moderate projection, but long lasting. Comes off resinous and bittersweet with an excellent drydown. I imagine it would be excellent for colder fall temperatures.
AC089
Red - the colour of love
My first comment should be dedicated to the most beautiful fragrance for me.
Many are in life constantly and restlessly searching for the love of life. Broken hearts, tears over tears, ice or beer and chewed up ears of friends who have to listen to the suffering and pain.

But eventually it will be there! Unexpectedly, out of nowhere and cruelly beautiful like the single thorns of a red rose in the eternal green of an otherwise desolate lawn - the love of life.

Floriental describes for me this rose between all the different scents on the eternal, never-ending lawn of the olfactory landscape.
She sticks out, calls softly and breathes into your ear that she wants to feel your skin. You fall for her and have no choice but to love her unconditionally. She is special! For others, love doesn't seem to last long, but you can get a smile out of it again with the touch of a finger
Hard shell, sweet core? Yes! The bottle is beautiful - like the red dress of the perfect lady. But she can't stand up in that dress... a problem? Well, certainly not ;)
The spray head is good.
When the lady speaks, it is very fine but not loud.
It is certainly worth more than it first seems. To buy it would be the wrong expression, almost an insult. However, she is the perfect equivalent of a part of your fortune - grab her ;)
P/L absolute Good

Now to the fragrance without frills:
Plum-cherry sweetness, something bitter, a little bit smoky and very round.
Suitable for ladies and gentlemen!
Enjoying instead of doubting.
In this sense - happy Floriental
VerMoegla
My sacred shield of armor
Floriental embodies for me the mysterious, the brave, the modern...stylish in edgy. For the first time I sprayed the fragrance on the tester some years ago in the very well sorted perfumery Täuschel in Halle, threw it into my leather bag and didn't think about the paper strip until the evening. When I then pulled my mobile phone out of that very same bag, it had a seductive and not at all pleasing scent on it. Like sweet leather that had been in the fire. Or of smoked, lightly fermented plums floating in a bowl of resins...The scent remains truly linear. The sandalwood almost reminds me of oud, or maybe it's the incense. Whatever it is...it's typical CdG for me and makes me feel too restless right now, I like it that much. I bought the scent and from then on I used it daily...so addicted was I to it. I felt more courageous, more beautiful, bigger and more mysterious through him. But at some point I had the feeling to smash my surroundings with this smoky dark cloud. This scent contaminates... in the best way, if you like it. But headachy and droning when it is not your own taste. To me it has become a night and evening scent. When I put it on (mostly timidly and only under my clothes), I wish my whole wardrobe consisted of black Cos dresses, my hair was coiffed into a boxy black bob (actually I'm more ash blond and fuzzy on my head...) and my everyday life would only consist of exhibition openings and absinthe cocktails in the twilight. Definitely not a fragrance I associate with cuddling, kids, family Sunday. For me rather a companion in dark alleys on wild nights...
Wow...!!! I'm thrilled.
You just have to be able to say that. No back and forth, no this but that... this perfume belongs for me to the 1% of the fragrances that you test, where you are immediately back and forth, and you know you won't give it away anymore Top Nodge, perfectly balanced.

It smells sweet, red, slightly leathery, slightly smoky.

The leather and smoke aspect reminds me a bit of Bentley for Men Intense or John Varvatos Dark Rebel
Otherwise slight reminiscences of Insurrection II Wild (Reyenne Tradition), Herod or so.

But none of it real.

Now I remember that it reminds me a little bit of "Carolina Herrera - CH Men"
From my point of view also rather a men's fragrance (so from the composition, everyone can and should wear what he wants :) ) because vetiver, smoke and leather are already a little bit chunky

But this slight strictness is more likely to come through when you smell close, the top note in the room air compensates 1000 times!!

For testing I can and want to recommend it to every lady, but rather if you want to create the "Femme Fatal" or "Thick red lipstick applied" impression... it's quite a blast, but in this setting it would fit.

On the other hand, those of you who put away the "L'Interdit", "Black Orchid" or similar solid firecrackers easy, you can probably wear this here quite casual.

As I said, the further you move your nose away from the sprayed on, the more tender and rewarding it becomes.

So your Sillage is... like the most delicious and succulent chocolate in the world
With plum ;)
Finally something different!
It's really a unisex scent. I couldn't categorize him clearly anywhere and that's a good thing!
The plum is clearly there, but there is also a cherry-like nuance in the background.
Almost magically it envelops you and definitely shows its uniqueness.
After a scent test I just had to have it and use it regularly. Finally again a special fragrance that is fun!

censer of senses
This was given to me as a gift by someone i love without me testing/sampling it before i received it. It is one of my favorite perfumes, if not my most favorite.
The "FLORIENTAL" constellation has incense drenched in labdanum as its gravitational force and all other notes are satellites orbiting around them.
The initial plum note has a honey/gourmandish trail that is omnipresent through out the life of the constellation. Another satellite would be the sandalwood that gives a powdery hint with balsamic facets. I don’t really perceive the pepper note, but i think i get an aromatic feel...
The beauty of the "FLORIENTAL" constellation is that although it is fully artificial and monodimensional , it's almost innovative and surprisingly natural-felling.
I am surprised that it is so under-rated by us.
A little disappointment
At first, I wanted to buy it immediately. For the price and minus 20%. "What a dimmed, moderate, soft church consecration smoke! That's the way I want him!" It's a good thing I got stuck with the other droughts. After a while I smelled again on my wrist and oops! The incense had completely disappeared, dissolved by a sweetish chord a la L'Artisan Parfumer "Mon Numero 10", well known to me, but much quieter and not so lively. "I already have Mon Numero 10. Thanks a lot. I really don't need Dupe. Am severely disappointed because of the disappearance of the beautiful early incense.

The durability I estimate as approx. 4-5 and the Sillage is very quiet.
Otherwise, the scent's fine. Unisex.

TruckladyTrucklady 17 months ago
A pimped up Feminite du Bois.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
First transparent - and thus special - plum note, then the average base: woody-oudy, spicy, sweet and amber-scented.
OPomoneOPomone 5 years ago
0-5 min: burst of incense
6-15 min: dance of the spicy woods
16 min-3 h: sweet nothingness.
Oh, I almost forgot! I saw a plum passing by.

Vielen Dank ♡ ich erfreu mich auch an eueren Bildern -  manchmal stumm(⌒.-)=★
by TomLavender
by Vladmsc
by Vladmsc

Popular Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Three: Sugi by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Play Green by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Dover Street Market by Comme des Garçons Serpentine by Comme des Garçons Artek - Standard by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons 8 88 by Comme des Garçons