Floriental by Comme des Garçons
Floriental is a popular perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-smoky. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Labdanum, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Frankincense, Pink pepper, Plum liqueur

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.05.2021.

Quickly too much of a good thing
The first time I was blown away by the fragrance.
Not least because he smells like a bottle that I had found as a child in a toilet bag of my mom.

Back then I still wrinkled my nose because the scent was so strong and peculiar.
Now it takes me back in time and gives me a whole load of good feelings.

It is, as the name suggests, intensely floral. A little powdery, warm and definitely spicy. For me, however, a pure women's fragrance.
After a certain time, however, I always need a longer break, because otherwise he is too much for me even today.
Morning
A late afternoon like so many others in the open-plan office. His head felt empty, his eyes burned, and he decided to go home for the day. Many of his colleagues had already made this decision before him. He shut down his PC, picked up his backpack, and headed for the exit.

After a few steps, he could see her desk. She was still in place. Though he made a conspicuously unobtrusive effort to look around as casually as possible and say goodbye to one or the other, his attention was on her alone - on her long, naturally curly hair, her clever, kind doe eyes, and her features, which seemed simply perfect. Equally unsurprising was her perfectly coordinated outfit, though that hardly mattered to him.

Upon noticing her, his body began its usual barrage of unwanted stress reactions, unbidden. Sweaty palms. His heart inexplicably left his chest and slowly moved towards his carotid artery. His throat began to constrict, making him almost dizzy. The 50 or so aerobatic planes in his stomach had long since taken off and started flying. Rolls, spins, turns, loops - the full fucking works. Step by step he got closer to her desk, slowed down a bit, looked in her direction. She had noticed him, gave him her usual friendly smile and said, "Bye, see you tomorrow!" He took a deep breath, expelled the air he had just sucked in - and returned the greeting with a "Ciao!". At least he tried, for the word stuck in his throat. Quickly, he quickened his gait and left the building.

Once outside, his body forced him to stop just past the front door and take two big breaths. Shaking his head again and again, he continued on his way.

Just across the street there was a man-made pond surrounded by deciduous trees and benches. As he often did, he took a seat on a bench and stared out at the water. It wasn't really cool yet, although autumn had already brought out its palette of colors and changed the landscape. It had become late. The reddish evening sun had turned the old town facades more and more into silhouettes and reflected on the surface of the water. Beautiful it was here. Actually.

He glanced over at the café not far away. This was where he had wanted to take her for a coffee after work. Many times already. The outcome was always the same and coincided with today.

"I-DI-OT!" he groaned softly, hissing through closed teeth. "You're a goddamn fucking idiot!". Shaking his head, once more.

Lost in thought, he reached for the bottle in the inside pocket of his jacket. He loved this perfume, but he also knew that he always had to renew the scent towards the end of lunch, because Floriental only lasted about seven hours on his skin. Except for really hot summer days, he wore it basically all year round, day and night. It had been recommended to him by a female colleague at work with whom he got on well - women could wear this fragrance too. He twirled the deep red bottle in his right hand like a big, shapely hand-me-down from the beach. Fl-Oriental. Flower and Oriental. No, the scent was not flowery. Oriental was much more like it. He needed this scent and his opening. Now. Needed its calming effect, put two sprays on the back of his left hand.

Wow - overpowering as ever. The vanilla-tinged amber accord of labdanum reached his nose, as did the noble plum liqueur and the decidedly resinous note of incense. This opulent entry was successfully supported by the rather fresh and gentle pink pepper, which contributed a spicy note with ease.

Floriental was different. And yet felt familiar at first. Both. Indescribable.
Different from any scent he knew. "If you need an amber accord that sounds different, go for Floriental!" his colleague had advised him - and been right, absolutely. And that very opening achieved - perhaps because of the juicy, fruity plum liqueur? - had a calming effect on him. He knew - the scent would become much calmer in half an hour. The initially rather dry sandalwood would develop a gentle powderiness. The scent, which would then radiate much less, would become lighter, almost balsamic. Would wear it as it wore the scent.

Symbiotic perfection.

He raised the back of his hand to his nose once more, inhaled the scent. Nodded. Got to his feet. Walked off.
"Tomorrow," he said to himself. "Tomorrow I'll ask her!"

Tomorrow.
Plum jam with flowers
I ordered a sample for my buddy and we both tested it on his forearm. My first impression: Plum jam and liqueur. Later it unfolded a bit so that the flowery something was shown to advantage. All in all the shelf life surprised us positively (more like an 8 than a 7), the only thing that disappointed us a bit was the really not so strong Sillage. When he walked in front of me you could smell it with the right wind, but all in all rather discreet (which is not necessarily bad).

Conclusion: He will buy it we both were enthusiastic about the scent, this one is really special :)
It is worth trying if you like this kind of fragrance.

The name says it all...
Opening with a plummy, fruity incense. This is a great quality scent, featuring (very little) florals, dry cedar and sandalwood, incense, spiced fruits and some sweetish vetiver. Unisex indeed. The base and drydown somehow seems to be based on the Wonderwood recipe.

Without being biased, this smells like the ultimate simple pleasant template for a unisex oriental to be used by any gender, that would never offend anyone. I'm not saying it's boring at all, it's just a total allround oriental people pleaser in my opinion.

Moderate projection, but long lasting. Comes off resinous and bittersweet with an excellent drydown. I imagine it would be excellent for colder fall temperatures.
AC089
Red - the colour of love
My first comment should be dedicated to the most beautiful fragrance for me.
Many are in life constantly and restlessly searching for the love of life. Broken hearts, tears over tears, ice or beer and chewed up ears of friends who have to listen to the suffering and pain.

But eventually it will be there! Unexpectedly, out of nowhere and cruelly beautiful like the single thorns of a red rose in the eternal green of an otherwise desolate lawn - the love of life.

Floriental describes for me this rose between all the different scents on the eternal, never-ending lawn of the olfactory landscape.
She sticks out, calls softly and breathes into your ear that she wants to feel your skin. You fall for her and have no choice but to love her unconditionally. She is special! For others, love doesn't seem to last long, but you can get a smile out of it again with the touch of a finger
Hard shell, sweet core? Yes! The bottle is beautiful - like the red dress of the perfect lady. But she can't stand up in that dress... a problem? Well, certainly not ;)
The spray head is good.
When the lady speaks, it is very fine but not loud.
It is certainly worth more than it first seems. To buy it would be the wrong expression, almost an insult. However, she is the perfect equivalent of a part of your fortune - grab her ;)
P/L absolute Good

Now to the fragrance without frills:
Plum-cherry sweetness, something bitter, a little bit smoky and very round.
Suitable for ladies and gentlemen!
Enjoying instead of doubting.
In this sense - happy Floriental
VerMoegla
My sacred shield of armor
Floriental embodies for me the mysterious, the brave, the modern...stylish in edgy. For the first time I sprayed the fragrance on the tester some years ago in the very well sorted perfumery Täuschel in Halle, threw it into my leather bag and didn't think about the paper strip until the evening. When I then pulled my mobile phone out of that very same bag, it had a seductive and not at all pleasing scent on it. Like sweet leather that had been in the fire. Or of smoked, lightly fermented plums floating in a bowl of resins...The scent remains truly linear. The sandalwood almost reminds me of oud, or maybe it's the incense. Whatever it is...it's typical CdG for me and makes me feel too restless right now, I like it that much. I bought the scent and from then on I used it daily...so addicted was I to it. I felt more courageous, more beautiful, bigger and more mysterious through him. But at some point I had the feeling to smash my surroundings with this smoky dark cloud. This scent contaminates... in the best way, if you like it. But headachy and droning when it is not your own taste. To me it has become a night and evening scent. When I put it on (mostly timidly and only under my clothes), I wish my whole wardrobe consisted of black Cos dresses, my hair was coiffed into a boxy black bob (actually I'm more ash blond and fuzzy on my head...) and my everyday life would only consist of exhibition openings and absinthe cocktails in the twilight. Definitely not a fragrance I associate with cuddling, kids, family Sunday. For me rather a companion in dark alleys on wild nights...
Wow...!!! I'm thrilled.
You just have to be able to say that. No back and forth, no this but that... this perfume belongs for me to the 1% of the fragrances that you test, where you are immediately back and forth, and you know you won't give it away anymore Top Nodge, perfectly balanced.

It smells sweet, red, slightly leathery, slightly smoky.

The leather and smoke aspect reminds me a bit of Bentley for Men Intense or John Varvatos Dark Rebel
Otherwise slight reminiscences of Insurrection II Wild (Reyenne Tradition), Herod or so.

But none of it real.

Now I remember that it reminds me a little bit of "Carolina Herrera - CH Men"
From my point of view also rather a men's fragrance (so from the composition, everyone can and should wear what he wants :) ) because vetiver, smoke and leather are already a little bit chunky

But this slight strictness is more likely to come through when you smell close, the top note in the room air compensates 1000 times!!

For testing I can and want to recommend it to every lady, but rather if you want to create the "Femme Fatal" or "Thick red lipstick applied" impression... it's quite a blast, but in this setting it would fit.

On the other hand, those of you who put away the "L'Interdit", "Black Orchid" or similar solid firecrackers easy, you can probably wear this here quite casual.

As I said, the further you move your nose away from the sprayed on, the more tender and rewarding it becomes.

So your Sillage is... like the most delicious and succulent chocolate in the world
With plum ;)
Finally something different!
It's really a unisex scent. I couldn't categorize him clearly anywhere and that's a good thing!
The plum is clearly there, but there is also a cherry-like nuance in the background.
Almost magically it envelops you and definitely shows its uniqueness.
After a scent test I just had to have it and use it regularly. Finally again a special fragrance that is fun!

censer of senses
This was given to me as a gift by someone i love without me testing/sampling it before i received it. It is one of my favorite perfumes, if not my most favorite.
The "FLORIENTAL" constellation has incense drenched in labdanum as its gravitational force and all other notes are satellites orbiting around them.
The initial plum note has a honey/gourmandish trail that is omnipresent through out the life of the constellation. Another satellite would be the sandalwood that gives a powdery hint with balsamic facets. I don’t really perceive the pepper note, but i think i get an aromatic feel...
The beauty of the "FLORIENTAL" constellation is that although it is fully artificial and monodimensional , it's almost innovative and surprisingly natural-felling.
I am surprised that it is so under-rated by us.
A little disappointment
At first, I wanted to buy it immediately. For the price and minus 20%. "What a dimmed, moderate, soft church consecration smoke! That's the way I want him!" It's a good thing I got stuck with the other droughts. After a while I smelled again on my wrist and oops! The incense had completely disappeared, dissolved by a sweetish chord a la L'Artisan Parfumer "Mon Numero 10", well known to me, but much quieter and not so lively. "I already have Mon Numero 10. Thanks a lot. I really don't need Dupe. Am severely disappointed because of the disappearance of the beautiful early incense.

The durability I estimate as approx. 4-5 and the Sillage is very quiet.
Otherwise, the scent's fine. Unisex.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
A pimped up Feminite du Bois.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
First transparent - and thus special - plum note, then the average base: woody-oudy, spicy, sweet and amber-scented.
OPomoneOPomone 6 years ago
0-5 min: burst of incense
6-15 min: dance of the spicy woods
16 min-3 h: sweet nothingness.
Oh, I almost forgot! I saw a plum passing by.

Vielen Dank ♡ ich erfreu mich auch an eueren Bildern -  manchmal stumm(⌒.-)=★
by Vladmsc
by Malikdiabs
by Malikdiabs

Popular Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Three: Sugi by Comme des Garçons Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Play Green by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Dover Street Market by Comme des Garçons Artek - Standard by Comme des Garçons Serpentine by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Ouarzazate by Comme des Garçons