Series 2: Red - Sequoia 2001

Series 2: Red - Sequoia by Comme des Garçons
Series 2: Red - Sequoia is a popular perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2001. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

Apple, Chinese oud, Karo Karounde, Mahogany, Opoponax, Rum

Submitted by Sani, last update on 20.07.2020.

In 2017, the scent was re-released as part of the series Olfactory Library.

Diluted, but not diluted
Out of curiosity I ordered a sample from AlzD 5 years ago. I immediately liked Sequioa, but I still find it difficult to describe him. I'll try anyway.

The absence of a note tree already indicates: Sequoia is linear. All notes appear to me to be equally long-lived and almost equally strong. Apart from the mahogany note, all notes are more or less sweet, even the Chinese oud: it is described as first medicinal, then woody and sweet with a dry finish. To the sweetness (quasi) of all notes comes a certain fresh-fruity note, fine and not too sweet itself. If I had to guess, I'd say Granny Smith, but I'm not too good with apples. In addition to the (light) woody-sweet mixture, the last notable factor is rum. Characteristically decently spicy, also sweet, but more than sweet so...watery. She doesn't seem alcoholic to me. The same sweet-spicy dilution I also know from Kilian's Straight to Heaven and Joop's Homme Wild. Since the note is not too dominant, it goes down a bit in all compositions, here just behind wood and apple.

The endurance was neither positive nor negative for me, it is in the green range of about 7 hours. The Sillage seemed to me always quite close to the body, but in a club I was asked about it! I'm afraid not because I liked it, and not the opposite sex. Very bad :/

So: sweet, woody, with spicy and fruity hints. Sounds funny, but it is; is better than it sounds, and it sounds like it's worth a few tests.

by Mustang69
by Mustang69
by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter
by Salmix
by Salmix

Popular Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Floriental by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Three: Sugi by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Play Green by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Serpentine by Comme des Garçons Artek - Standard by Comme des Garçons Dover Street Market by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons 8 88 by Comme des Garçons