Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer (2002)

Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer is a perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Puig.

Cardamom, Frankincense, Cinnamon, Amber, Benzoin, Pimento, Berries, Gaiac wood, Ebony

Submitted by Sani, last update on 09.05.2019

6.0 4.0 4.0 8.0/10

Holy Yet Human
If you like incense, but can't handle Avignon maybe Jaisalmer is the solution. In Jaisalmer incense is perfectly balanced with spices, amber and transparent woodiness. It possess the internal primordial duality: archaic by incense and contemporary by high concentrations of Iso E Super. Holy yet human. Those seeking for hedonism will enjoy in oriental spiciness of bazaar, while those seeking for internal peace will enjoy the clarity of incense. Jaisalmer represents the duality of live, perfectly shown by the perfumer Evelyne Boulanger.

Rating: 8/10
10.0 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Big surprise
I am so glad to have a sample of JAISALMER! I like surprises, and this perfume fulfilled my need for new experiences!

I have never smelled this type of melange before. Incense is mixing with beautiful and pungent cinnamon in the head, later on clove engulfs the senses with a cryptic whisper of fankincense.
Both the beginning and the escalation is delightful and solemn.

Unfortunately when it gets near to the end, a metallic, citrus-like, fresh base erases my spicy pleasure, only a minimal incense level remains.

Before test I expected less, after the first hours I expected more than what I got.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A slow burning forest
I adore incense-based fragrances although it wasn't a scent I was familiar with until I dated one man that was a meditation fanatic, and then after that, a man who saw himself as one of those new-age hippies.

I had tried Heeley's Cardinal and Comme Des Garcons Avignon, both of them being rather similar, and believed that I had experienced everything that an incense-based fragrance could possibly achieve. I have since found Jaisalmer which has taken my love of incense to new heights.

I agree with Scorpiosheep (a reviewer on Fragrantica), that this fragrance is not so 'churchy'. It's more resinous, like the sweet, smokey scent of burning wood in a pine forest. It tends to smell very masculine, however on my skin it turns quite feminine and sensual. Delightfully mysterious actually.

The cinnamon is fairly heavy in the opening, as is the pepper which together create an interesting, spicy blend. The woodsy notes are strong contenders through to the heart where Jaisalmer gives me that outdoorsy type of sensation. Like wandering through the wilderness and not knowing what you'll discover.

This fragrance is indeed pungent, so I spray with caution and allow it to settle before leaving the house. Too much could easily be offensive, however I do believe compliments will be in order when I next wear this in public.

The longevity is extremely good, as reviewers have previously mentioned. I think Jaisalmer is one of those fragrances that will either be loved or hated. For those that like incense, amber, cinnamon, pepper or pine, or all of them combined, Jaisalmer is sure to impress. I'll just re-instate for those men looking at this page, wondering why it's listed for women, do keep in mind that Jaisalmer is intended to be unisex.
2.5 2.5 5.0 3.0/10

Callas
Incense in the linen cupboard
I had the problem a couple of years ago that clothes washed freshly came nevertheless smelling musty from the cupboard.
It lay by the way that I have too often washed only at 30 degrees.

Jaisalmer reminds me of this smell very much. Also because I thought at the laundry problem at first that it would lie at the wooden cupboard.
I otherwise like wood notes, I, however, feel her here very dryly, dustily really mustily.
Also I I have nothing against incense but this is here too superficial.

A more pleasant note develops on man skin here perhaps.
The smell isn't created for me.

Hermesh 4 years ago
The combination of frankincense, guaiac, ebony and spices reminds of dry, but resinous pines with some fresh needles.+2
5.0