Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru (2002)

Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons

Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru is a popular perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-green. It was last marketed by Puig.

Mark Buxton

Italian bergamot, Cardamom, Neroli, Haitian vetiver, Cedarwood, Musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 01.02.2019

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Late Summer Cologne
Scentrack: Bobby Hebb - Sunny

I have to declare Vettiveru is one of the best colognes I have ever tried. It's beautiful,sunny, complicated, fresh and has superb longevity.
It opens with brisk neroli and bergamot followed by fresh, earthy but clean vetiver and soft note of white flowers.
Beautiful, wearable, modern yet still in some classic cologne form. Vettiveru gives me around 10 hours of longevity with exceptional sillage, like radiating waves of freshness from my neck. Reasonably priced, and one of my best buys among Midnight in Paris and Individuel.

Rating: 8/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Bottle 2.5/10
Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru
This fragrance opens with diaphanous smoke aroma enriched by earth and woods. It would be a quite enjoyable head accord, if only it were a tad stronger. What I see reminds me very much of Palais Jamais (smokiness) and Terre d’Hermes and Timbuktu (earthiness) – but it could be an olfactory illusion since the fragrance is so sheer (almost to a fault) on my skin. The more I analyse the fragrance, the more I discover similarities with Terre d’Hermes and Timbuktu. Vettiveru may be less sparkly than Terre, and it may be less complex than Timbuktu, but it focuses mote on the vetiver and cedar notes. Lasts 6 hours on my skin.

by Josch