Series 5: Sherbet - Peppermint (2003)

Series 5: Sherbet - Peppermint by Comme des Garçons

Series 5: Sherbet - Peppermint is a perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2003. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Puig.

Amber, Cardamom, Curled mint, Peppermint, Pink pepper, White musk, White pepper

Submitted by Sani, last update on 21.09.2019

7.5 2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Tar
Green light for the brain
In my childhood my mother took me to a brook in the middle of a forrest. We strolled there very often. She showed me the plants, she tore leaves and rubbet them between her fingers, just as Missk wrote, and taught me about different herbal aromas. I repeated collecting leaves from living plants till I thought it over, and decided to do not hurt them anymore.

And here is the PEPPERMINT, what makes me recall all these memories. It is green, sorrel, cucumber, peppermint, transmits healthy and natural life, and it is so fresh, that I would recommend it for nights, what you want to spend with learning before exams (or for gentlemen for every possible occasion).

Unfortunately it is too weak and has no stamina, after a few minutes it is a skin scent, after 1-2 hours I am buried in commemoration of the good fragrance.

...The bottle's look is remindful of my nasal spray...
5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Real peppermint
Commes Des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint may have a big name, but this little, understated scent is the closest thing I've ever smelt to fresh, green mint.

I'm not talking chewing gum, candy or strange chemicals, the mint represented here in this fragrance is just like the actual herb, like something picked fresh out of a garden. My mother used to grow mint in her herb garden when I was tiny and I still remember that intense minty smell when you rubbed a leaf between your fingers.

I wore this fragrance when it was fairly warm outdoors, and it served its purpose in refreshing me throughout the day. I honestly didn't get the sherbet reference, there is nothing sugary or fizzy about this scent at all.

Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint is definitely unisex, delicate and cooling. The longevity is fairly poor unfortunately yet this fragrance is easy to re-apply throughout the day.

The naturalness presented in this fragrance is what gets me rather excited, but when it comes down to it, this fragrance is quite an acquired taste. It's not really me, hence the reason why I haven't added it to my wishlist.