Series 5: Sherbet - Rhubarb (2003)

Series 5: Sherbet - Rhubarb by Comme des Garçons

Series 5: Sherbet - Rhubarb is a perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2003. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Puig.

Bergamot, Camellia, Lychee, Orchid, Rhubarb, Vanilla cream

Submitted by Sani, last update on 20.04.2019.

LicoriceRain
Not too sweet, and not too tart. Perfectly balanced.
Okay, when I first sampled Rhubarb, I thought, “Not bad, but nothing special, either”, and I put it aside with all my others samples. But one day when bored with my other samples, I decided to wear it again. Rhubarb is perfect: not too sweet, not too tart. There probably aren’t too many men out there who love this note, but I do. Sweet Pea from Bath and Body Works also shares this rhubarb note, and I have actually always liked that smell, except Sweet Pea seems a bit over-the-top synthetic, while Rhubarb smells perfectly natural. And perfectly balanced. But one complaint, if you call it a complaint, is the name “Sherbet Series” sounds a bit juvenile, so that a serious fragrance connoisseur might easily overlook it. Yes, longevity is an issue (as with most frags), but if there is a better rhubarb fragrance out there, I’d like to know.
2.5
2.5

Fresh spices
Going to a rendezvous, when you are intend to say to your partner that you would rather stop dating him or her - this slightly tart fragrance can be easily chosen. I could say, this is rhubarb with a big knife.

Green, vegetal and mildly spicy notes are in the middle of composition. It takes time to analyze what is going on there. RHUBARB is fresh even till to emit similar fragrances with peppermint or eucalyptus in them.

If I check the career of Bertrand Duchaufour, the notes' list is usually boringly long. Now I realize, that he also had a period in his life, when he tried to create monochrome fragrances. He succeeded.

Not bad, but not for me.

balanced tartness
Great stuff from the master Duchaufour. Very distinctly rhubarb on me, with just enough vanilla to make it refreshing but not unpleasantly sour. I have looked for perfumes with a strong rhubarb note, but this is the only one so well-balanced. (For instance, Miss Sixty just drowns that rhubarb in sweetness.) I love making strawberry-rhubarb pies in June and July, when both are abundant in my area. When winter is getting dreary, a spray of this reminds me that summer will be back. (042509)

by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72
by Fran
by Fran

Popular Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Three: Sugi by Comme des Garçons Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Floriental by Comme des Garçons Play Green by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Dover Street Market by Comme des Garçons Artek - Standard by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Serpentine by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Jaisalmer by Comme des Garçons