Series Luxe: Patchouli (2007) Eau de Parfum

Series Luxe: Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) by Comme des Garçons

Series Luxe: Patchouli (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Puig.

White pepper, Fenugreek, Lovage, Oak, Opoponax, Sumatra patchouli, Cedar, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.10.2018

7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Not a straight-up patchouli as I had hoped it would be
Patchouli, patchouli, patchouli. Comme des Garcons has represented and composed this note well. In other words, you'll either love it or hate it, depending on how you feel about patchouli.

Series Luxe: Patchouli goes on rather thick and heavy, further complimented by resinous and rubbery accords. Initially this fragrance smelt to me like something I would put in my car to assist engine function rather than something I would apply to my skin. It was also very masculine, which made me a little uncomfortable.

Thankfully, Series Luxe: Patchouli softens considerably towards the heart. It tends to smell much drier rather than oily, with one of my favourite notes, opoponax providing an exotic, oriental feel. At certain stages the opoponax nearly smothers the patchouli, as I tend to smell more resinous and syrupy accords rather than the infamous musky and earthy patchouli scent.

Series Luxe: Patchouli never loses its sense of masculinity. As a woman, wearing this fragrance makes me feel as if I should go out and buy a Harley and ride off into the pitch blackness of the night, (as riding off into the sunset sounds too romantic for this occasion).

As a patchouli lover, it's hard to dislike this fragrance and not admire Comme des Garcons' quirky approach. However, because there tends to be a lot of opoponax in this fragrance too, I find myself comparing Series Luxe: Patchouli to my all-time favourite resinous oriental, Prada Opoponax No.8. I tend to reach for other fragrances over and above Series Luxe: Patchouli, which leaves it rather unloved in my sample box.

I will conclude by saying that I enjoyed Series Luxe: Patchouli on my skin, even finding it impressive in terms of sillage and longevity. Yet, time and time again it has proven itself to be far more masculine and less complex than I expected it to be.

Hermesh 3 years ago
Well done combination of resins, wood and patchouli. Initially smoky, becomes then warm-soft-resinous (with slight hints of vanilla). Good!+1

by Marta