Copper by Comme des Garçons

Copper is a new perfume by Comme des Garçons for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Persian galbanum, Peruvian pink pepper, Madagascan ginger, Tobacco leaf, Blackcurrant, Violet leaf, Amber, Vanilla, Ethiopian myrrh

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.03.2020.

The advertising campaign was directed by American photographer and filmmaker Tyler Mitchell.

9.0 9.0 10.0 8.0/10

Interesting
When I spray on Copper I feel the smell a little unpleasant - metallic is fine, but not like iron, different. After a while the tobacco smell comes, like dried tobacco leaves or unlit cigars. After a while the smell becomes more pleasant, very powdery, like these blue Felce Azzurra products. I love this powdery one very much - only unfortunately it changes back to the tobacco smell after a while - on the skin more than on clothes, on clothes it stays powdery. This fragrance is not sweet to me at all, nor do I perceive a fruity component as some people write. For me, the scent would be brilliant if the powdery would prevail and the tobacco smell would remain in the background. But this scent is always interesting.
10.0 8.0/10

Open the hatch!
How I had been looking forward to the fragrance, I could hardly stand it - I was solemn at the first sprayer.
The top note immediately flashed me without me immediately knowing why. A fragrance for a top 20 selection, absolutely! Then, unfortunately, this strange sweetness came along, on which I do not stand unfortunately.
Over and over again to better understand him. Now I have the following approaches:

What I find most appealing about it is a fine pepper, perfectly bound in tobacco and galbanum. The pepper doesn't smell like it, but I think it's as crucial an element as a good bass in music. The tobacco vanilla combination makes Copper related to Tobacco Vanilla by Tom Ford, whereby I experience its sweetness personally as hardly wearable for me, because less broken.
I don't notice ginger, but I wouldn't have missed it either.
The myrrh is a good idea here, if you had just retracted the amber vanilla cannon!

For the top note, however, I love Copper and will certainly wear him many more times... and even if the sweet perfume under my T-shirt finally comes up to me, I still feel comfortable with it.

A small main prize at the end of the year, how nice.

Popular Comme des Garçons

Series 3: Incense - Kyoto by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Avignon by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki by Comme des Garçons Series 4: Cologne - Vettiveru by Comme des Garçons Black Comme des Garçons by Comme des Garçons Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Three: Sugi by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons Play Green by Comme des Garçons Daphne by Comme des Garçons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk by Comme des Garçons Floriental by Comme des Garçons Dover Street Market by Comme des Garçons Monocle Scent Two: Laurel by Comme des Garçons Artek - Standard by Comme des Garçons Comme des Garçons Eau de Parfum by Comme des Garçons Blackpepper by Comme des Garçons Comme 3 by Comme des Garçons 8 88 by Comme des Garçons