Fleurs des Caraïbes (2004)

Fleurs des Caraïbes by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Fleurs des Caraïbes is a perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and was released in 2004. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Heliotrope, Melon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Hibiscus, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Jasmine, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.06.2019

5.0 5.0 7.0/10

A sweet, tropical floral
Tropical florals go down a treat during Summer, but more often than not, good ones are hard to find. Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Fleurs des Caraibes is on the verge of perfection. I am really treasuring my decant.

It opens with sugary and exotic florals like hibiscus, ylang ylang and jasmine. This initial blast is quite pretty and fresh, almost like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. I really love the way it sits on my skin, sending luscious wafts up to my nose everytime I move.

Fleurs des Caraibes is on the sweet side of things. The vanilla features in this composition quite a bit, making every other ingredient quite sugary, and in some ways, fluffy. The sillage is quite bold and strong, perhaps a little too overwhelming on really hot days, but pleasant enough for mild, sunny weather.

The heart transforms into a powdery blend of vanilla, heliotrope, melon and exotic florals. It's like a cross between the scent of baby wipes and a desert beach. Not the most beautiful description I know, but it sums up how Fleurs des Caraibes smells to my nose, and trust me, I love this fragrance more and more every day.

Melon is a note that is often difficult to love in perfume. There's been many a time when I have disliked a fragrance simply because melon has ruined it for me. In the case of Fleurs des Caraibes, the melon accord works. It actually adds definition and a touch of sweet fruitiness, which I find compliments the composition nicely.

It smells like something I could imagine Lolita Lempicka putting a name to, and in some instances, it has its similarities to Coral Flower. All in all, Fleurs des Caraibes is impressively unique, feminine and lush. However, it is a pity that the scent doesn't last all that long, which is in my opinion, this fragrance's only let-down.

Exciter76 26 days ago
A sweet banana-like scent, much like banana flavored Now & Laters. The tropical florals are lush and musky. Utterly addictive!+1
6.0