Mage d'Orient by Comptoir Sud Pacifique
Mage d'Orient (Comptoir Sud Pacifique)

Mage d'Orient is a perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for men and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coconut, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpindrift, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.05.2017

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Fresh Aromatic Oriental????
Comptoir Sud Pacifique MAGE D'ORIENT is listed as unisex, but to me it seems more masculine than feminine. The funny thing is, I cannot figure out exactly why! The composition is truly bizarre, combining woody oriental with gourmand and fresh aromatic notes. Sounds like a mess, I know, but it smells likable. I agree with a reviewer on the German side, that this composition has a chameleonic quality to it--and small wonder, given all of the many different notes!

I cannot claim to be able to identify most of the notes, but I do perceive many qualities in waves: freshness, creaminess, woodiness, sweetness, herbality. I believe that there is also some sinus-clearing iso-E-super, aka "radiance" implicated. During some wears, I've found the coconut milk note to be more marked, but today, MAGE D'ORIENT is wearing more like a high-end (well-made) designer aromatic woody cologne.

I do believe that this would be a great choice for a vacation: it's upbeat and fresh without smelling like soap or cleaners or shampoo. I dislike the aluminum bottles of this line, but they do clearly seem like a good idea for traveling, since the glass bottles may break.

by Sherapop