Vanille Abricot (1994)

Vanille Abricot by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Vanille Abricot is a perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and was released in 1994. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesJackfruit, Papaya, Apricot
Heart Notes Heart NotesJackfruit, Papaya, Apricot
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Sugar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.12.2018

Scent 6.0/10
Strange Fruit
I have a different experience with this perfume than all the other reviewers. It opens with a horrible artificial smell of papaya and jackfruit. I am talking about nose-burning, choking strength and a putrid, rotten smell of fruit. That goes away rather quickly and is replaced with an artificial apricot smell that still smells rotten. Later, a soft vanilla enters. This vanilla is exactly the same that this line uses in all its vanilla perfumes (I've had many): a little synthetic, super sweet and smooth. I really like it. The apricot gives a little fruity softness to this composition which makes it very attractive and appetizing. The sillage on me is very minimal and the longevity is average. This is a close to the skin, simple yet pleasant fragrance.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10
Subtle and Sweet...
The fragrance is a simple one. Sweet and fruity, but not cloying. It mixes the smell of tart juicy fruits (jackfruit, apricot, papaya) with edible notes of sugared candy and a heavy underlying base of vanilla. It sits on skin very well, blending with your natural aroma to give a sweet, natural scent to warm skin. Almost edible-like sweet and delicious.

Apart from that, it’s simplicity is it’s only drawback. It literally smells like it’s name. Vanilla and apricot. Which isn't a bad thing, as sometimes you want something simple which makes you feel happy. If sweet perfumes and fragrances are your thing, look no further than this to cheer you up, Vanille Abricot is sweet without being cloying or tooth-achingly so. I like it, but I couldn't wear it every day.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Super dooper sweet apricot
Being such a favourite of many celebrities including, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Jessica Simpson, the late Brittany Murphy, Ashlee Simpson, Fergie and Nicole Kidman, I felt it was a need to order a sample of this fragrance to see what all the fuss was about.

Vanille Abricot is sweet and vanillary. What you would most likely expect. If you adore the scent of apricots, sweet and juicy on the skin, Vanille Abricot is for you. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I understand all the hype surrounding this particular fragrance, apricot is a note that I find far too sickeningly sweet, even when combined into cooking. The thought of apricot chicken makes me cringe.

There is something very feminine and pretty about this fragrance, however I wouldn't call this sexy, unless a girl in pig-tails, eating an icecream is your definition of sexy.

The scent is very strong, so I'd recommend applying it sparingly or walking through the mist. I made the mistake of applying too liberally when I first received the sample, and almost gagging for the rest of the day.

I agree with the 'walking bakery' references, it does have a very gourmand feel, however to me Vanille Abricot smells more like vanilla icecream balls on freshly sliced apricot.

Hollywood and its stars must really like sweet scents, hence the reason why celebrities themselves release such sweet fragrances. I'm surprised that Comptoir Sud Pacifique hasn't managed to hit my shores in Australia yet. It's such a popular brand all over the world.
Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sweet Vanilla and Soft Abricot
Vanille Abricot is definitely a Gourmant Scent. This Fragrance is really delicious, when i put it on, i smell fresh and sweet Fruits like the Papaya and the Apricot. Then it turns into a very sweet,warm and cozy vanilla scent, i also smell burned sugar and some Apricot in the background, reminds me at a yummy summer dessert. The Vanilla smells really good but is not overstated or to powerful. I enjoy to wear this scent but it's nothing unique but a good scent for Vanilla-Lovers.

by Elena00