Vanille Amande by Comptoir Sud Pacifique
Vanille Amande is a perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and was released in 1994. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Almond, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.07.2015.

Sweet and delicate...
This is my continuation of the French company Comptoir Sud Pacifique and their perfume line inspired by the smells of the South Pacific islands. As with many of this line, Vanille Amande is a gourmand fragrance. It smells edible, and quite delicious.

With Vanille Amande or "Almond Vanilla" is another fragrance from their line which, like many others, stays true to it's name. It's notes include two types of almond, combined with creamy Tahitian vanilla (the connection to the South Pacific comes specifically from Tahiti, the capital island of French Polynesia, and also where a type of Vanilla is grown).

To me, the fragrance opens up with a sweet almond blossom note, and a sugary, amaretto like note, very reminiscent of an almond liquor. As with most fragrances from this like, it is sweet, but not cloying. Instead I find that this is quite delicate and very easy to wear. I got 4-5 hours of wearing before it died down to a very faint sugary skin scent.

I think this could work best in spring and summer, I think it is otherwise too light to be worn in colder weather. I have heard that it was first discontinued by the company, but recently relaunched. However I have not found it on their official website.

Overall, there are a couple of fragrances I could recommend above this one, the first is Aqua di Parma - Mandorlo di Sicilia. That one is a fantastic investment and with a lot more body than this one; and the other is Cartier - Le Baiser du Dragon, which is a very rich, deep, spicy take on amaretto and very luxurious.

I am impressed with the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line, and whilst I thought I would like this fragrance a lot more than I did, I still think there are better alternatives out there. Vanille Amande is a pleasant one, but not everything I am looking for in a perfume.

Popular Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Extrême (Eau de Toilette) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Ambre by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Eau du Gouverneur / L'Homme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Green Patchouli by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Banane by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Blackberry by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Voyages en Orient - Jardin Neroli by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Souffle des Indes by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vétyver Haïti (2016) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Passion (Eau de Toilette) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Jardins Pop - Cologne Mood by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Bois de Filao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Extrême (Eau de Parfum) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Musc Alizé by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extrême by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Voyages en Orient - Jasmin Poudré by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Éclats d'Amandes by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique