Vanille Ambre by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Vanille Ambre is a perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and was released in 2001. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesVanilla
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.08.2019

Finchen1976
What you see is what you get
Thanks to a dear Parfuma was allowed to move in a bottling with me.

I once had the vanilla abricot, which I bought blindly (once sniffed at a colleague) and really liked as a lover of sweet scents.

And here, too, the name simply says it all: the cookie-doughy-sweet Comptoir vanilla starts unmistakably and is apparently the same everywhere and smells the same. This is not meant to be negative, but it is not a ... yes, olfactory "high-quality" vanilla. At Vanille Abricot a furniture store saleswoman once told me "Here it smells totally like cake dough. Did you bake cookies with us before your visit?" :-)

And here exactly THE vanilla starts, before it connects with the musk and the amber, and gives the two more space, but is still subliminal to smell. The cookie dough note disappears with the other two components. No big change is to be expected with this fragrance either: what you see is just what you get: warm, powdery-creamy vanilla that is not ZU sweet (at least in comparison with the vanilla Abricot).

For me an inexciting bottle with nice contents, but which is rather something for cooler days.

7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

A Strange Fruit
I bought this inexpensive Vanilla perfume because I wanted some creamy vanilla, but not so much sugar. I expected there to be more depth in Vanille Ambre with woody notes from the amber. I had the EDT of Vanille Extreme, with is a very sweet and milky vanilla, so I was expecting something similar from the Ambre version.

Instead, Vanille Ambre opens with vanilla but that quickly goes away and an intense woodiness settles over the composition. It smells really delicious: like burnt woods and a little bit of sugar. But that is not even the most interesting part: after half an hour or so, I kept smelling something super smoky, like a meat smoker scent. I figured out it was this perfume!

You don't get a meat note of course, but the smokiness is that of smoked meats and sausages instead of smokey cigars. It has really been a surprise for me that something called Vanille Ambre smells like smoke. I love the effect but wish the vanilla was more prominent and the sillage and lasting power were better.