Vanille Extrême (2006)Eau de Toilette

Vanille Extrême (Eau de Toilette) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Vanille Extrême (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique for women and was released in 2006. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Jacques Lions

Top Notes Top NotesVanilla sugar, Heliotrope
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla absolute, Milk
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, Milk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.02.2020.

7.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Challenge in Advent: On the way to "my" vanilla scent - 22 December 2019
I already have "Coco extrème" from CSP and I have to say that I am not at all enthusiastic about it. Unlike many others, I am a big coconut fan, but the perfume from CSP did not convince me because it seems artificial to me, and so I was very sceptical about this vanilla sample. But I can say: I love it! It is a very delicious vanilla scent for a small price and therefore completely suitable for everyday use. In the fragrance it reminds me a bit of "Vanilla Cake" by Montale, but unlike that, it is beautiful from the start, the top note is by no means as repulsively artificial as with "Vanilla Cake". But like "Vanilla Cake" the scent is so beautifully soft and round and very, very mild. Unlike, for example, "Tihota" or "Vanilla" by Molinard, vanilla extrème is less of a sweet spice and more of a sweet dessert, which is probably what the milk does. "Tihota" is also very sweet, but deeper, the vanilla is more isolated and pure in itself, but here it is part of a milk-based blend. That's why so many write about custard, and I can only confirm that. I find the fragrance fabulous for everyday use at work, but since I already have so many vanilla scents, I'll just put it on my watch list. One day he will move in with me, because basically he is what I have been looking for in everyday life: vanilla-sweet and delicious, not refined but very down-to-earth gourmand!
Thanks to a very nice perfume, I have another sample for tomorrow and thus extended my test series. Tomorrow I will test "Vanille insensée" by Atelier Cologne. And a happy fourth Advent to you!

Flaconesse
For the insatiable hunger for sweetness
A little sceptical yesterday I took the pack of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Vanilla Extrem from the huge Ebay package of my favourite perfumer. Had I really "only" bought a 30mL bottle for 20€? I shook my head over such an overpriced price and the faux pas on my part, checked my purchase overview and had to find out that the seller had actually delivered the right bottle. (As you can read from my last blog entry, after a year of intensive perfume research, I am now an internet professional and would certainly not have placed 26.75€ as the highest bid.) Anyway, I've been playing too high and the bottle is with me now, let's make the best of it.
I took the silver-coloured, heavy glass from the packaging, opened the lid and sniffed at the spray head. "Well great, again such an over-sugared vanilla scented candle" it shot through my head and the judgement of my friend with "Just stay away from me with the stuff" was not exactly more positive. So I cheerfully tested the other sweethearts from the wonder box and put the extreme vanilla aside. At an advanced hour that evening, we had just decided to make popcorn, the other perfume we tested had already gone, my eyes fell on the bright turquoise cardboard. Spraying once can't hurt, I thought, especially since I just felt an almost insatiable hunger for sweets anyway, thanks to the holidays. Whoa, what's that? My nose was filled with rapture, tender vanilla led by a storm troop of marzipan-like heliotrope and warm milk. Blessed was I sitting the rest of the night out of the sofa, chocolate popcorn in one hand, vanilla milk on the other hand, crunching and sniffing alternately, the annoyance about the avoidable mistake of buying vanilla was completely gone, because vanilla extreme is indeed the most beautiful fragrance from this month's test package and even now the next morning I still take a subtle vanilla breath was. The olfactory rescue and a true comforter for uncomfortable cold January days. All's well, all's well!

Review for the Eau de Toilette
There are some fragrances which just feel good when you wear them. They can be comforting, warm and inviting... and they can make you feel good just wearing them. I think that Vanille Extreme is one such fragrance.

I find this very gourmandish. It is a sugary, sweet vanilla with heliotrope (the powdery, almond-smelling flower), which has a smell complimenting the vanilla in here. It is also milky, which reminds me of vanilla ice cream on a hot summers day.

I think that whilst the fragrance is a great example of a sugary, milky vanilla, I must admit that there are better, more sophisticated vanilla fragrances out there. Unless you want something very basic or simple, you can look elsewhere for more depth. Otherwise, it's a great, non-complex, linear, creamy, powdery vanilla which works well in warmer weather, just like vanilla ice-cream! You can find it discounted on-line, just don't pay full retail price for it.

Popular Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Abricot by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu (Eau de Toilette) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Ambre by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Matin Câlin by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiaré (Eau de Toilette) by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Figue by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Souffle des Indes by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Bois de Filao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Banane by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Eau du Gouverneur / L'Homme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Extrême by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Musc Alizé by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Mage d'Orient by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Mora Bella / Fruits Sauvages by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Cœur de Vahiné / Les Enfants du Soleil by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Fleurs des Caraïbes by Comptoir Sud Pacifique O'Pomelo by Comptoir Sud Pacifique Barbier des Isles by Comptoir Sud Pacifique