Beach Party

Beach Party by Coscentra

Beach Party is a perfume by Coscentra for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is creamy-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Kobold, last update on 07.11.2019.

8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

SUN's little sister
With best friend the days made a trip to the neighboring Netherlands. It's not far from here and it'll be there by train in about 90 minutes. No worries about a parking space and no stress and also no changing necessary. In the 1st class where we were sitting it was getting fuller and fuller from Düsseldorf and from Viersen the atmosphere almost like carnival. Everyone wanted to buy everything in Venlo and were surprised that we "only" wanted to take pictures.

There sat down a nice lady beside me and her smell was simply a force. Otherwise, I spoke to her about the scent, rather restrained. Had for me a lot of similarity with SUN by Jil Sanders, but still something else. As a nice answer I got "Beach Party" from Coscentra. I was flat. This brand is only available at a low price here in cheap shops. Our neighbours, where the company is at home, have higher prices and, like the Real Time brand, enjoy high prestige and similar popularity to a good drugstore fragrance here. I was also told the address in Venlo where the lady bought the fragrance. I thought it was very nice. Beach Party probably sold out in Germany at the moment. Cosentra fragrances in the Netherlands cost around 10-12 euros a bottle. Among them more than bargains.

The shop, a supermarket ! with a large drugstore department was then also approached. A whole wall full of fragrances from Coscentra, Real Time and another Dutch brand. Very clearly arranged and the comparison to the expensive relatives in German is included. An Eldorado for the international ladies' world. Also there I got the brand recommended by a nice Dutch woman. A small sprayer and my heterosexual companion made himself sometimes thin. He was attracted to licorice and similar delicacies.

For the price of 5,95 Euro (100 ml) three fragrances went into my shopping basket. Two more, where I was still thinking in Venlo, I bought here in Germany for 2.95 euros. But more about that later.

When you think of the word beach party, you think of yourself as having a certain freshness. But the fragrance is very different from fresh. He started me on bergamot, lemon and fruit. In addition a charge like hair spray of the 60's, which made itself thin however very fast. A flowery thing followed. But there I smelled ylang ylang, heliotrope, carnation and a little rose. Summer pure with me and rounded off in itself. Then as finish benzoin, sandalwood (which I like very much) tonka bean and vanilla. With the fresh flowery scents together a successful thing. A little after sun cream of the 70s and a little into the flowery oriental going. In the course of time, the fragrance became softer and more homely without appearing artificial. Very similar to SUN by Jil Sander, but not so scratchy and killing. More rounded and pleasing. For me, the better scent.

The bottle is matter-of-fact, functional and clunky. It has great similarity with SUN for men by Jil Sander.

Return journey with the train and a nice young family rose to it. Ware US citizen and the mother sniffed the whole time and put the SUN very much to her husband's heart. Since it was 5 hours between my test and the return trip, it says a lot about the durability. A total of 6 hours and there's nothing to say.

Beach Party is a fragrance from October to April. Afterwards it is to be dosed carefully in order not to fragrance a whole train with it. I like to buy it, because it suits me better with all the closeness to SUN.
6.0 7.0 2.5/10

A "burnt" experience für´s Life
Since I love the Sun, very much, I also own the vintage versions of it and this fragrance will always remain a part of me, since its "comforting warm note" lets me relax even in winter, I discovered before gray time Beach Party of Coscentra,

Before I took the tester in my hand, I already knew what to expect from the look of this "cheap" fragrance. Slightly skeletonized by a young girl, who apparently had previously helped herself to the testers, and spread a more than unpleasant scent cloud, I waited a little before I tested Beach Party and the "smoke", um smelling, came off.

After the first hiss, the sun note immediately came to smell. And so intense that my eyes watered. A sprayer auf´s wrist, I then walked away from the fragrance shelf, to the men's department. I smelled and found that Beach Party would be a great Sun substitute for everyday life.

Nevertheless, I did not want to buy the fragrance prematurely, had still time to wait. After some time, a "burnt note" bothered me and I didn't know where it came from. Slightly irritated, I noticed that it was my wrist that smelled so terribly "burned", and the smell was recognizable. It was beach party that developed from the tender rays of the sun to a sunburn,

It was also this note that spoiled the vintage Le Bain by Joop for me, because at the beginning it smelled like "burned" like fire when spraying on Le Bain, that was not so extreme here, but nevertheless terrible and perceptible.

Those who like Sun should rather choose another dupe, or buy the original, which can be bought for little money. Although the old Sun, for years now only a shadow on the foundation, is still better than this "burnt stuff".

by Globomanni
by Globomanni

Popular Coscentra

Sweet Caresse by Coscentra Red Passion by Coscentra Moschus Man pour Homme by Coscentra Belle Mademoiselle by Coscentra Free Time Woman by Coscentra Glamour Girl by Coscentra Vanilla & Fruits by Coscentra