21 by Costume National
Bottle Design Ennio Capasa
21 is a perfume by Costume National for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Beauty San.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot MilkMilk Orange blossomOrange blossom SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoyal jelly Cashmere woodCashmere wood CuminCumin MossMoss Clary sageClary sage PepperPepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber LabdanumLabdanum MuskMusk OudOud PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver FrankincenseFrankincense CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.07.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

You know that feeling...
...when you try a perfume for the first time and after a short while it reminds you of something you know very well ?

After wearing this for 10 minutes I started to recognize it... pulled out my Jaipur Homme (EdP) and put it on my right hand. After the minty opening of Jaipur, the similarity was very strong. Yes, Jaipur is more powdery and 21 is more creamy and the raw materials used in 21 smell more exclusive, but the overall impression is pretty close.

The name of 21 originates from the 21st anniversary of the Costume National brand. The scent has several sides to it : sweet woods, resins, vanilla and spices, probably saffron and a dash of cumin or caraway. The overall impression is warm, comforting and creamy. At the same time mild, somehow complex and very well balanced. Unisex leaning slightly masculine. 21 is an urbanized exotic oriental for the 21st century (no pun intended). The projection is decent and the longevity very good. The notes are somewhat blurry and come like a blanket in several layers in their interplay, making the whole thing seem even more well composed. Overall a great achievement that's both delicious and luxurious.

CN 21 is an excellent scent that will definitely replace my Jaipur Homme when it's empty - but if you're digging this but are on a tight budget, Jaipur will be an acceptable replacement.
21 is "my house number"
I don't perceive milk, spices and woody notes do not dance with a slightly sweet base in an extremely fine "niche"-like combination, very perfumed unisex blend with excellent sillage and shelf life. Charming. Reminds me a lot of Prada Amber. Wonderful!

White
Scentrack: Minus 8 - White

Like most of Costume National scents 21 has strong synthetic, hypermodern, urban vibe. It opens up explosively by the mixture of strong orange blossom and dense milk, followed by warm synth amber and sharp saffron. Sour oud note gives this white composition a little darker and dirtier nuances. Strong opening calms down after 15 minutes when caraway and patchouly come in the game. Longevity and sillage unbelievably long and strong.
A very challenging scent by a great perfumer Juliet Karagueuzoglou. Perfect for a city walk while leaving white trail behind.

Rating: 6.5/10

The perfect 21st birthday gift
Every now and then, smooth and creamy fragrances tend to appeal to me. They're my answer to the 'clean' fragrances where soapiness and sharp citrus fail to impress.

Costume National 21 is positively amazing. It smells like sweetened milk, vanilla and spice. I think I was in love the first time I smelt it. It's a touch ambery and sweet at times, however the white creaminess of this fragrance is what stands out the most to my nose.

This is the kind of fragrance that I find very relaxing. It reminds me a little of Diesel's Plus Plus Feminine and Emporio Armani White for Women.

Costume National 21 opens rather creamy and luscious, in some ways innocent and pure. Towards the heart there is a touch of pepper, rich amber and caraway seeds, which later rounds out to a deliciously smokey vanilla incense.

I'm amazed that I have rarely heard this fragrance mentioned on our forums. I feel that I could praise it to the moon and back. Although having hardly anything in common, Costume National 21 evokes the same soothing and cuddly sensation that DK's Cashmere Mist is so famous for.

The longevity and sillage are equally impressive, being strong, without breaking down the intimacy created. I strongly recommend this fragrance.

Treasure hunt...
A coupple of years ago I was in Stockholm meeting some fellow perfumistas. And yes, we tried a lot of fumes. And I thought I had a grip on what I tried, most scents I liked I remembered... except of one... and that was a good one, really good actually. Eventually the only one left to try again was Costume National´s 21, and guess if I was relieved when I recognised the lost treasure at once.

21 is a perfect winter scent. Filled with warm, jummy goodness. Soft milky notes lingers in the background, safron, royal jelly (honey like) and moss amp it up to refinery, spices, sweetness, smoke and a lot of other really great thing. Might be a little to much for some, this is not a gentle and shy scent. It´s close to bombastic, but also very pretty in a strange and unique way. Love it, of course I´ve got my own bottle by now.

A must try if you like strange and personal gourmand style frags. Good sillage and good staying power. Makes me smile each time I wear it.

3 short views on the fragrance
MikaelMikael 10 months ago
Great perfume. Creamy milky with saffron and some boozy facets. It's perfect around christmas. I don't agree it's unisex, more masculine.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 12 months ago
Sweet milk on top of gently spiced woods. It has this smooth, noble feeling. Very unique scent, smells like nothing else.
StaticStatic 1 year ago
Hidden gem!!! Price quality = 11/10!!!

Images

8 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Costume National

Homme by Costume National Soul by Costume National Homme Parfum by Costume National Scent Intense by Costume National I by Costume National Cyber Garden by Costume National Secret Woods by Costume National Scent by Costume National So Nude (Eau de Parfum) by Costume National Scent Gloss by Costume National Scent Cool Gloss by Costume National Scent Sheer by Costume National J by Costume National Pop Collection by Costume National Intense Red Edition by Costume National So Nude (Eau de Toilette) by Costume National Scent Intense Parfum by Costume National Supergloss by Costume National