21 by Costume National
Bottle Design: Ennio Capasa

21 is a perfume by Costume National for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Beauty San.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Milk, Orange blossom, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesGelée Royale, Cashmere wood, Cumin, Moss, Clary sage, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Labdanum, Musk, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.02.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

21 is "my house number"
I don't perceive milk, spices and woody notes do not dance with a slightly sweet base in an extremely fine "niche"-like combination, very perfumed unisex blend with excellent sillage and shelf life. Charming. Reminds me a lot of Prada Amber. Wonderful!
7.0 9.0 9.0 6.5/10

White
Scentrack: Minus 8 - White

Like most of Costume National scents 21 has strong synthetic, hypermodern, urban vibe. It opens up explosively by the mixture of strong orange blossom and dense milk, followed by warm synth amber and sharp saffron. Sour oud note gives this white composition a little darker and dirtier nuances. Strong opening calms down after 15 minutes when caraway and patchouly come in the game. Longevity and sillage unbelievably long and strong.
A very challenging scent by a great perfumer Juliet Karagueuzoglou. Perfect for a city walk while leaving white trail behind.

Rating: 6.5/10
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

The perfect 21st birthday gift
Every now and then, smooth and creamy fragrances tend to appeal to me. They're my answer to the 'clean' fragrances where soapiness and sharp citrus fail to impress.

Costume National 21 is positively amazing. It smells like sweetened milk, vanilla and spice. I think I was in love the first time I smelt it. It's a touch ambery and sweet at times, however the white creaminess of this fragrance is what stands out the most to my nose.

This is the kind of fragrance that I find very relaxing. It reminds me a little of Diesel's Plus Plus Feminine and Emporio Armani White for Women.

Costume National 21 opens rather creamy and luscious, in some ways innocent and pure. Towards the heart there is a touch of pepper, rich amber and caraway seeds, which later rounds out to a deliciously smokey vanilla incense.

I'm amazed that I have rarely heard this fragrance mentioned on our forums. I feel that I could praise it to the moon and back. Although having hardly anything in common, Costume National 21 evokes the same soothing and cuddly sensation that DK's Cashmere Mist is so famous for.

The longevity and sillage are equally impressive, being strong, without breaking down the intimacy created. I strongly recommend this fragrance.
7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Treasure hunt...
A coupple of years ago I was in Stockholm meeting some fellow perfumistas. And yes, we tried a lot of fumes. And I thought I had a grip on what I tried, most scents I liked I remembered... except of one... and that was a good one, really good actually. Eventually the only one left to try again was Costume National´s 21, and guess if I was relieved when I recognised the lost treasure at once.

21 is a perfect winter scent. Filled with warm, jummy goodness. Soft milky notes lingers in the background, safron, royal jelly (honey like) and moss amp it up to refinery, spices, sweetness, smoke and a lot of other really great thing. Might be a little to much for some, this is not a gentle and shy scent. It´s close to bombastic, but also very pretty in a strange and unique way. Love it, of course I´ve got my own bottle by now.

A must try if you like strange and personal gourmand style frags. Good sillage and good staying power. Makes me smile each time I wear it.

by Magdulenka