Homme by Costume National
Bottle Design Luigi Bormioli

Homme is a popular perfume by Costume National for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Beauty San.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Thyme, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by TVC15, last update on 29.05.2020.

My name is actually M7 from YSL
Finally I have found a perfume which smells almost 1 to 1 like M7 from YSL when Tom Ford was still wielding the sceptre there.
When the clove slowly fades into the background, the M7 DNA of the past will take over for hours.
Wonderful and recommendable and on top of that
10 hours presence for little money
Clear recommendation to buy!

Holidays every day
It's not just about the exodus that is exorbitant or the longevity that is no longer part of you, it's just a pleasure to join you.
It sings you on a holiday day, even if it is not, whether it snow and it's blizzard or even a sunny day, definitely a friend of hope you want to keep forever.
It's a delicious breakfast that you do not have any more, and every time there's so many new things to discover and so much to tell.
Fresh citrus notes from the opening where fresh and resistant grapefruit welcomes you, combines ingeniously with spices, where cinnamon and cardamom are the main actors, and the end is genius by adding sandalwood and especially due to labdanum that adds a gourmet note traces of plums, amber muscles and skin, pushing it towards a mysterious, luxuriant, elegance with a happy and tasty finish.
Although it is similar to Amouage Man, Chanel Egoiste, I feel closer to Spice Bomb, but with different evolutions.
I do not know how long it takes to discover it completely, but one thing is certain: again and again!
Thanks Dominique Ropion for your Homme Homem Costumes Reliable Perfume and Friend!

Rens1996
Best smelling fragrance ever !!!!!
This was love at first sniff for me. I am from holland and I am 23 years old and in holland we have the bijenkorf there we can smell many niche and designer fragrances and when I smeld this I was blown away by It boldness and how different it was. Inmideatly buyd it and no I am half way true my 100ml bottle. I stumbled on a good deal on an 50ml so I bought my self a backup bottle so I can enjoy this for the rest of my live. The performance is sublime and I have never had an fragrance that performs this good. I have it now for 6 months and i recieved many compliments and i smell it my self the whole day and the morning afther. Normally I dont smell fragrances in my self afther 30 minutes but this is forced to be smeld and it smels a little cinnamony and sweet and fizzy in the air for my self. Once I sprayd it on a friend when we going to eat out and I smeld him and I was jealous of how good he smeld so I never sprayd it on an friend again. It I my gem and its stays like that.

Have a nice day

Shahram1361
Masterpiece by a master perfumer
Its very warm spicy along with plum note at the top.then woodiness give depth to it.
Clove .cinnamon and cardamom mingles with plumy note start the scent ,citrusy notes detectable though.then amber gives it kinda passionate balancing which completed with creamy sandalwood.
One of my favorite perfumes ever.
The (christmas-) cinnamon cake - or - I would have imagined you differently
Actually, I don't mind spicy-sweet scents. Actually, I like her very much when it comes to the coming season. But unfortunately, this one is not to my taste at all. I want to explain myself about that too! I think it's over-the-top and not quite round when it comes to the relationship between the individual fragrance components. But let's start at the beginning. I still perceive the top note as quite pleasant. Bergamot, grapefruit and cardamom convey a soft, lightly fruity day, which unfortunately quickly flies away and leads to the heart note, which in my opinion is inappropriate. The interplay of clove, cinnamon and thyme is - in my opinion - not particularly successful and simply too overwhelming. One has the feeling of having dropped a spice mixture for a Christmas (cinnamon) cake. Cinnamon and clove are much too dominat and cause headaches if the dosage is too high (4 sprays). This state of fragrance overload then lasts for quite a while until the conciliatory, round base note recovers ground and makes the fragrance gentler. Homme is by no means bad in terms of quality, especially the durability of about 9 hours as well as the initially good Sillage leave nothing to be desired in this respect.

Conclusion: Unfortunately my collection had to leave this fragrance again, it was too intrusive and unround for me. If you are looking for a potent autumn/winter scent that reminds you of a Christmas cake with lots of cinnamon, you will certainly find it here. For those who like it a bit finer/softer/cuddlier in autumn and winter, I recommend other "sweets", such as the Immergeher "Noir Extreme - Tom Ford".

I have nevertheless read all of the comments on this fragrance from the Lead Speakers with pleasure and am looking forward to a discussion below the comment :)

Love greetings
Bene
The aromatic flatterer
Homme begins intensely aromatic - spicy, citric - herbaceous, but also subtly sweet - fruity.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Circle dance" for the rehearsal.

The first thing you can perceive is a nice intense aromatic note, which also brings a small spicy touch and gives the top note something pleasantly soft and is due to the cardamom, which by the way is also dimmed in the first part of the heart note, but still very well perceptible.

At the same time, a light citric, discreetly herbaceous nuance is perceived, which ensures that the top note does not drift into the dull, but rather receives a certain "aromatic freshness" and comes from the bergamot.

In the background, there is a sweet fruity note of grapefruit, without its sour accents, which harmonises wonderfully with the other notes and gives the top note a beautiful overall picture
This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 25 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now an aromatic - peppery note of cloves can be perceived, which adds a distinctive touch to the fragrance.

At the same time, the clove is underlined by a subtle sweet-spicy nuance, which ensures that the heart note has a beautiful smooth substance and is due to the cinnamon.

In the background, there is a slightly sharp-tart nuance, which gives the fragrance an interesting unique selling point and comes from thyme.

The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 5 hours before the base asserts itself.

A fine creamy, subtly spicy note is perceptible in the base, which gives the base a pleasant substance and is derived from sandalwood.

The sandalwood is accompanied by a slightly earthy-sweetish nuance, which provides a pleasant depth and is due to the patchouli.

These two notes are surrounded by a beautiful light balsamic note reminiscent of blossom honey, which gives the base flattering attributes and allows the fragrance to fade away wonderfully.

Homme is a wonderful companion for the spring, autumn and winter months for the slightly younger, or slightly young-at-heart gentleman looking for an aromatic, flattering fragrance that stands out a little from the crowd.

In total the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

From the beginning, the Sillage is designed to be perceived very clearly at one arm's length and this is maintained for 3.5 hours before it is reduced in calm steps until the fragrance finally fades away completely.
3.5

Man Juice.
The cloves, cinnamon & sandalwood is so strong in this one.
Like really strong, my female co-workers liked it. But the guys, not so much.
Can't win them all I guess.
Anyway, it's a very manly fragrance, that you can wear this anywhere...But be careful when you wear this.
This IMHO is a fragrance you should wear during the fall, winter & early and I mean early days of spring.
This is not the fragrance you should be wearing during hot times.
I used four sprays...both wrist, front of my neck and front of my shirt.

Will I buy this again?...No?

What's the strength of this? EDP.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? NO!

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? Yes.

Should You Skip It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It? I say Sample it first.

Is it the old, new formulation? New.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 3760056101577
Batch Number: Unknown (Production Date: ?)

Age: 25+
From: ScentBird
Size: 8 ML
Scent: 5/5 (Nice).
Value: 5/5 ($8.72).
Sillage: 3/5 (Three feet).
Longevity: 5/5 (Sixteen hours plus).
Creativity: 3/5 (Spicy, citrus, earthy).
Projection: 5/5 (Two hours plus, but longer during warmer temps).
Versatility: 5/5 (Anytime & anywhere).
Compliments: 3/5 (Okay).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.

MasterLi
Friendly and intriguing. Instant love!
Okay, so it's not often that I encounter a fragrance and love instantly... but for me, Cousume National Homme was one of those fragrances.

I love spice. I love cinnamon, I love cloves, and I love sandalwood. This fragrance is full of these three. It opens with a grapefruit & bergamot combo which is juicy but surrounded by pepper and dry spices. Also cardamom, which is a note I really love. After a while I get a dried fruit and subtle vanilla, very beautiful. I think that it sits well on skin and blends with body chemistry beautifully.

Overall, this is kinda what I wanted Dolce & Gabbana - The One for men to be. This is like a niche version of that (to me at least). I am a huge fan of warm fragrances with spice and everything nice. I love this and all other types of warm oriental spicy fragrances (Chanel Egoïste, Must de Cartier, Ambre Narguilé). I think this is one which is inviting, unusual and rich. It doesn't hold back. This fragrance suits my personality well I think. A fragrance which makes people want to come closer to you.

I really cannot recommend this one enough. But I think you must like warm, rich spices to like this. A great fragrance!

Deefit
Bought if after smelling it just once..
This is an older review and consists of two reviews added together. I apologize for the lengthy review but I believe this fragrance is worth the attention I'm giving it.

PART 1 - My first impression, one day after

When I first read about this perfume I really wanted to try it. Soon after that I tried Zirh's Ikon, which I liked except for one note. It gave it a strange vibe, making it unwearable to me. Somehow I thought it may have been the cloves, which scared me a bit to try this fragrance.

Yesterday though I sampled this for the first time. Man, was I surprised! I really liked it, rom the fresh citrussy opening to the heartnotes where you are greeted by cloves and cinnamon. The cloves are clearly present but it's not as if you're dipped into a jar of cloves. They blend really well with the cinnamon actually. It's a very warm, spicy scent. The only thing I had some mixed feelings about was the base that revealed itself after 5 or 6 hours.

It's longevity is amazing, I applied it to my wrist at around 6 PM, even washed my hands a few times with water, but when I took a shower this morning at around 11:30 AM, I could still smell it on my wrist. Usually my skin tends to eat fragrances a little bit, but I was really impressed.

This perfume may not be a real crowdpleaser, but I think a lot of people would like this particular fragrance. Then again, taste will always be personal. It most certainly got my attention and I will definitely try this again, maybe even buy a small bottle for winter.

PART 2 - A live report

The first spray, here goes.. BOOM! It hits you right in the face! I couldn't really pick up on any citrus notes but the cardamom was REALLY apparant. But, only for about 20-30 seconds, after that it starts to settle in. The cloves come through and a few minutes later they're joined by cinnamon. It's soft and warm, very comforting. I used to hate cloves as a child, my mother had a small jar of cloves in the bathroom, along with some potpourri. I could never stand the smell of it, it was so loud and present. But this perfume? Nothing like that. The cloves give CNH its depth, but it's not the main character at the heart of this beautiful perfume. Cinnamon plays the lead role, but is greatly supported by the cloves to create a smoky or balmy feel. After the heart notes have faded, I am left with a warm resinous smell that comes from the labdanum and is supported by the sandalwood. Slightly sweet, but only slightly.

My initial impression stays, this is a wonderful perfume. Even for those that don't like cloves, like me, this can be perfectly accesible. The comparison to Comme des Garçons is one that I can understand, especially during the first few minutes. But this perfume is a lot softer and much less pungent than CDG, which was more medicinal and heavy. I find CNH more versatile and more crowd friendly. It kind of reminds me of the holidays, don't know why though, but it does.

As I already experienced the first time I tried this, this things lasts and lasts and lasts! And sillage, powerful. But not overpowering or intrusive because it's bit of a soft scent. It can get heavy if you smell it up close right off the skin, but the sillage trail this leaves is very soft and warm. A few words of advice though, be easy on the sprayer. If you overspray this, it may get really intrusive and overpowering.

Coutureguru
Fantastic in all ways ...
I've already been through a bottle of Costume National Homme, indeed this is the fragrance that made a Dominique Ropion fan out of me. Needless to say when the opportunity arose of once again purchasing it from an online discounter (it's becoming harder and harder to find), I jumped at the chance.

Costume National Homme reminds me a little of Neela Vermeire's Trayee, but in a more honest and structurally minimal way. In a side by side test the similarities are undeniable, probably having something to do with the Clove/Cardamom/Cinnamon accord present in both and also the inclusion of Patchouli and Sandalwood. The difference is that Trayee eventually leans more toward the bitter end of the scale, while Costume National Homme is quite gourmand in its sweetness.
The notes here conspire to produce a 'honeyed tobacco' sort of feeling ... like cherry pipe tobacco without the cherries :) ... strange, I know, but completely gratifying. The incensy vibe from the Labdanum is great as CNH approaches dry down with the sweetened herbs and spices still playing their song in the background.
Projection and longevity here are absolutely stellar! In fact, this would be the deciding factor if I had to choose between CNH and the aforementioned Trayee. Fortunately I don't have to, as I love both of them equally!

M. Ropion is a genius imho. Costume National Homme is one of those fragrances that is slowly disappearing from the marketplace, which is a rather sad state of affairs. A few backup bottles of this are in order, I think. It's just marvelous!!

Amazon1975Amazon1975 73 days ago
I really don't get the longevity out of this.....heavy cardamom and clove with a sandalwood drydown. Nice but definitely not beast.
LockonLockon 2 years ago
3.5
Spicy earthy fragrance.

by Pepdal
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Michael
by Huntingveggi
by Huntingveggi

Popular Costume National

Soul by Costume National 21 by Costume National Scent Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Costume National Cyber Garden by Costume National Scent by Costume National So Nude (Eau de Parfum) by Costume National I by Costume National Scent Gloss by Costume National Scent Cool Gloss by Costume National Scent Sheer Eau Fraîche by Costume National Pop Collection by Costume National So Nude (Eau de Toilette) by Costume National Scent Intense Parfum by Costume National