Scent by Costume National
Bottle Design: Ennio Capasa

Scent is a perfume by Costume National for women and men and was released in 2002. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Beauty San.

Hawaiian hibiscus, Jasmine, Amber

Submitted by Kittycat, last update on 13.05.2019

Gorgeous!!
Gorgeous! nothing else can best describe this beauty,calming and soothing with white florals and amber ( I do detect a lil musk), tea adds an additional sensual effect to this already adorable composition.

Absolutely compelling and irresistible. I will sure love if my partner wears this.
7.5 7.0/10

Sweetgrass
Scent delivers what it promises
Like Missk, I find this quite basic for a woody oriental. It was a blind buy for me, and I had no real expectations of this scent (sic) or the brand. I am not enamoured, but not disappointed either. Scent is generic, but simple and unassuming enough to really pull it off. I can see this becoming a favoured day scent — a tame oriental for those who dislike florals and aquatic scents, like me. I also love tea. I like it that it hasn't got a huge sillage, like some of my favourites that have actually made my friends sneeze. Nice, sensual and wearable, something I could gift to somebody who claims they hate perfume. However if you want to be memorable, choose something else. The bottle looks nice, but is really awkward to use or fit into my perfume cabinet, sadly.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Smooth and ambery
Scent is a basic name, and basic is what this composition is. However, despite its simplicity, it's pretty, interesting and likable. Scent is a fragrance that could easily appeal to anyone.

I find it a toned down, more floral version of Agent Provocateur's Strip. The jasmine and frangipani blooms are soft and slightly creamy, which are further complimented by rich notes of tea and amber. There's perhaps other spices also in this blend.

It has a beautiful sensuality, one that is almost unisex. I'd actually like to smell this on a man. There's a rich, ambery woodsiness about Scent which hints at masculinity. While Costume National Homme is the most masculine offering from the brand, I wouldn't dismiss Scent altogether as a fragrance for men also.

The opening of tea, jasmine and frangipani was quite aromatic to my nose. It had a lovely, soothing quality which I really enjoyed. As the fragrance progresses, the amber note becomes more prominent, before settling into a rich, ambery and powdery incense accord.

It's that smouldering sexiness which is conveyed through Scent that has gained this fragrance its fans. The longevity and the moderate to strong sillage has also won hearts. Scent may not be a modern classic and it may not be all that memorable, however this is one fragrance that manages to be quite captivating and a great success for the Costume National brand.

by Undsoweiter