Aspen Discovery (2000) Cologne

Aspen Discovery (Cologne) by Coty

Aspen Discovery (Cologne) is a perfume by Coty for men and was released in 2000. The production was apparently discontinued.

Freesia, Lavender, Musk, Lemon

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 20.01.2017

5.0 5.0 8.0/10

The Scent of Woodsy Youth
I used to wear this back when I knew nothing about fragrances. I thought the only fragrances were those at the drug store or Pharmore or Walmart. So what I did is open every one I could and smell them all until I found something that I liked. I don't remember what precipitated this event, but one day I found Aspen Discovery, bought it and used it for the next couple of years. I found it for cheap on Amazon and decided to buy it again, because I enjoy the fresh, yet manly sort of scents, and wearing it again did not disappoint.

By my more refined standards (nose, lower please!) now, I can see that it falls short in a few areas, but the emotions stirred by this scent remain, and I feel like I have reestablished some vital connection to who I am. The silage is never more than two feet -- powerhouse this is not. However, when you first apply it, it's unmistakable. It smells like some kind of fresh woods that is somehow energizing and youthful. No woods are listed, not even cedar. As it goes on, it becomes a little more grounded (which is the musk speaking), and it fades down to a skin scent after a few hours, though heat brings it back to the fore. It's odd that I don't even mind that it fades. I'd like to believe that seeping into my skin has made it some ineffable part of me, like I had absorbed too much to show it, or some other fanciful Romantic notion. It does not project consistently, which is a pity. It is, however outdoorsy, energizing, and masculine without being jock or stereotypical.

Popular Coty

Emeraude (Parfum) by Coty Aspen for Men (Cologne) by Coty Vanilla Fields by Coty L'Aimant (Extrait de Parfum) by Coty L'Origan (Parfum) by Coty Emeraude (Eau de Cologne) by Coty Ex'cla-ma'tion by Coty L'Aimant (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Vanilla Musk by Coty Wild Lagoon by Coty Route 66 (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Chypre de Coty / Chyprée by Coty Sand & Sable (Cologne) by Coty Universo (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Complice by Coty Imprévu (Parfum) by Coty Preferred Stock (1990) (Cologne) by Coty Wild Musk by Coty Les Muses by Coty Sophia (Cologne) by Coty