Aspen for Men 1989 Cologne

Aspen for Men (Cologne) by Coty
Aspen for Men (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Coty for men and was released in 1989. The scent is green-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mint, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 16.05.2021.

The scent was released in association with Quintessence.

Earthquake
The one scent from the Shire...
A beautiful misty veil lies over the morning Shire.
Many a hobbit, who has to leave his cozy bed at such an outrageously early hour, can't help but curse a bit. Because the Hobbits are not necessarily known for their industrious streak.
But at the latest, when they look out of the round window of their hobbit cave in the magnificent, beautiful morning Shire, they can no longer deny themselves a smile.

Every hobbit has his morning ritual. The first of 3 breakfasts is taken right after getting up...then a pipe with the irresistible "Old Tobi" tobacco stuffed and smoked with relish.
But wait...isn't there something missing? Ah yes!!! Of course, the Hobbit also likes to maintain his well-known scent ritual...! Because no hobbit always leaves the house without applying the ever-popular aspen scent.
A beautiful, mossy, fresh scent with light woody notes. Optimal for the warm, but also very good for the colder days.
Some claim that the quite masculine fragrance for the small-grown hobbits too masculine...but on such talk from away, one has never given anything in the Shire.

Whether fisherman, craftsman, woodcutter or farmer... every male hobbit wears this scent with full pride and enthusiasm. And very well deserved! So the Aspen fragrance lasts a considerable time and is priced very affordable.

Many stories exist about the wizard Gandalf, who visits the Shire at regular intervals because he holds the friendly people of the Hobbits in high esteem.
Rumor has it that Gandalf's fondness for the Hobbits' pipe-weed is not the only one...!
Rather, he is also said to have carried the fresh, woodsy-tinged asp scent of the Hobbits, to the Dwarves, where it then quite soon enjoyed great popularity.

Aspen...the cozy, cool, fresh, woodsy scent for any occasion.... and at a very affordable price!

You want to know what the scent of the Shire smells like? Then feel free to give this fragrance a try.
I am convinced that few will regret it. :)

In this SInne....Gehabt you well, faithful companions ...
NiceSmell
A holiday in the mountains and forests
Holiday feelings come up when I wear the fragrance. Bzw. The time at the covenant. The Coty - Aspen really smells like a coniferous forest. Mint paired with citrus notes and then the great freshness. Very good for spring and autumn. Also something for older people. Can hardly imagine that young people go for this perfume :-)
Reservoir in the Alps
Everyone knows these crystal clear, ice-cold mountain lakes and what would you wish to jump into one in the middle of summer? Maybe in such a situation a heart attack is inevitable, so you better leave it and spray Aspen on your skin instead.

It does not cool down, but it radiates exactly this coldness or freshness of such a lake!
Aspen is best applied when you are feeling a day low, works better than Red Bull, I promise!
The citric notes at the beginning, together with the mint give an ultimate kick that even Cool Water can't match. The lavender stays discreetly in the background, vetiver was also used subtly, only the amber and the oakmoss come here quickly and precisely to bear.

Next to Preferred Stock one of my absolute favorites from Coty. At that time, Coty was actually still up to the task and was more than a distribution company that distributed diluted fragrances to the naive people... The shelf life is not to be scoffed at for a cologne and the Sillage also hits the mark in the first half hour. For the price a best Bang for Buck!

My personal tip: Test it, and if you like it, save supplies! He won't come back.
A walk in the woods
I looked at a review of this fragrance and was a little curious. I find classic scents interesting and for a good price I bought ASPEN I am always a bit excited to spray a new, unknown scent for the first time, almost like Christmas.

When I enjoyed the first spray blasts I was surrounded by the feeling of a walk in the forest on a cool spring or autumn morning. Yes, this perfume is like a forest. Fresh, classic, masculine. Hapability and perfomace are also quite decent It's a classic. I don't know if it's enough to enchant the ladies. At least it stands out.

Wolkensaft
Surprisingly good, but a little dusty
In this price range I have not yet found anything of better quality. And also from the smell profile one may be quite taken with, if it lies to you then.

At the very beginning a bit pungent, after two or three minutes then fresh and green, but not harsh, but in a round way. Not as immediately tangy and citric as the indicated top notes would lead one to expect, but softer. Soon the darker, green, herbaceous dominates anyway. The mint is there by the way, but not so much mentholated cool, but rather sweet. And it also stays for quite a while. That's one of the reasons why it fits for me more to the not so hot summer days, also in autumn and spring.

The fragrance reminds me of the generation before me, the 50 to 60 year olds today. That doesn't mean anything for now. It's still surprisingly good. Personally, it's just a touch too old-school for me.
MarcoHelper
The perfect green mix, niche and designer perfection combination, the price deceives
I have tested several 100 fragrances
This one is my absolute favorite so far.

Do not be deterred by the low price. Just because a fragrance costs several 100€ it doesn't have to be better. No, the margin is simply higher then
To the fragrance:

It is reminiscent of Creed Green Irish Tweed and also of Davidoff Cool Water. He has a similar DNA
However, in my opinion he is much smoother.

He smells CLEAN and GREEN
Can be worn all year round.

He is very popular with the ladies.

You smell like a clean, professional man
Imagine you are walking along a moss-covered cliff by the sea in Scotland, while there is a thunderstorm above you. It is half dark and the thunderstorm, moss and the smell of the sea are joined by a certain fresh and light sweetness
Perfect in my eyes and I tested it right next to fragrances that cost 25 times as much.
Aspen EdC... as good an EdC can be
This EdC I ordered ald blindbuy. Did I regret it ?
Top note:
Very fresh citric notes, pleasant and balanced. Mint, well integrated and not too dominant. Freshness clearly in the foreground.
Heart note:
Very beautiful lavender note, elegant and fine, with wonderful vetiver. Very harmonious. The freshness remains pleasantly there.
Base:
A moss note becomes quite present here, without becoming obtrusive or unpleasant. Amber supports the base very well. The freshness weakens slightly, but remains present. The scent becomes a bit more piquant.
My conclusion: there are already good to very good representatives in the Eau de Cologne sector. Aspen EdC is already something special for me. Why is that ? The fragrance is very good, also in development. It is very pleasant, wonderfully balanced, noble and elegant. This EdC is special for me, in a positive sense, you could offer EdC as a niche. They say no rose without thorns. Here the thorns are the durability. After about 4 hours is unfortunately! End. On the positive side, you could also say that 4 hours is a really great scent. Apparently it is no longer produced. I would like to ask the manufacturer why ???
SvenScent
Without comparison, a very simple green newbie!

With perfumes, of course, it is always a good idea to draw comparisons. Which is sometimes [!] rather idle, though. Can I compare a perfume that costs 200 euros with one that costs just seven euros? Sure, you can always compare, but at some point comparisons will become rather awry...

So here are a few words about this fragrance itself:

The opening is a bit very alcoholic, but it's also a cologne. But then very nice and pleasant citric and fresh. This is soon joined by the green spice of vetiver and the "woodiness" of oak moss, while the freshness is still retained for the time being. The drydown reminds me strongly of the Dunhill Icon, only clearly flatter and less intense. (Again such a comparison.) I personally smell neither the allegedly strong mint nor the lavender during the whole process.
It should be clear that Aspen is not a masterpiece of perfumery. But it does the service of a cheap perfume: it refreshes and you smell good, clean and pleasant.
Of course you can't expect any miracles from the perfume's performance either; especially since, as mentioned above, it's an eau de cologne. The projection and durability are therefore both in the moderate range.

Finally, to come back to the comparison: The fact that the idea of comparing Aspen with Green Irish Tweed is even considered a good argument in favour of Aspen. And if some forum members then also think that it is even better, there is really nothing more to add; except perhaps this, that comparisons are often limp and inappropriate...!
Just like I introduced Creed - Green irish Tweed
My nose is not exactly the best and that is probably one of the reasons why until a few years ago I only owned cheap perfumes. Mostly I used drugstore scents like Sir Irish Moss, Davidoff.

Now I have several perfumes in my closet like GIT, Aventus but also Davidoff, Sir Irish Moos and Aspen.
For months I have been using almost exclusively Aspen for Men. It smells best to me, closely followed by Davidoff and Sir Irish Moss. Actually, exactly how I had imagined GiT.

Since I read here that Aventus, GIT and other niche fragrances are very good, I only use them when going out. I don't really like them. I wish there was an Aspen Eau de Parfum and not just cologne. The cologne lasts for 1-2 hours.

King of Ramsch
Cool water? Yes. No. Maybe.

Green Irish Tweed? I'm sorry, too. And yet again not.

That's odd. The great role models didn't really convince me either. I have always found Cool Water to be extremely intrusive, almost aggressive and chemical. Green Irish Tweed does this better because it feels more natural. But then again the Creed was too formal and serious, too serious for me.

And yet I find this chemotherapy here, which makes use of both of them quite uninhibitedly, surprisingly extremely successful. It may sound presumptuous, but I'll just say it like this: I think Aspen is better. And before the first stones fly, I try to explain briefly why: I think he takes up the strengths of his role models and turns them into something very balanced new.

The fresh green herbaceousness of one is combined with the youthful cool wateriness of the other. A Cool Green Irish Water, so to speak. At the same time the concentration is reduced, which I feel is less strenuous and therefore very suitable for everyday use. Many may not like the dimmed performance. For me, however, it is clearly a strength in this case.

In the past weeks, the fragrance has turned out to be a very solid evergreen for me, who despite regular use did not become "over" me. That doesn't happen very often. Added to this is the outstanding price-performance ratio. I mean, Aspen would be worth more, too. In the Ramsch class (up to 10 Euro) he is unbeatable for me

KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Starts off exactly (!) like CW, but after a few hours a lingering note of GIT appears. Very good for the price demanded.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 2 years ago
Not quite GIT, leans more to CW but without the unpleasant aquatic note. I was surprised at how fresh, green and enjoyable to wear this is.
XanthonXanthon 2 years ago
Powerful, green but only decent performance. Its very very good smell. Cant replace Green Irish Tweed though.
Still highly recommended!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Aspen is a cheapie that doesn't smell cheap. It surprises for the scent similar to Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water. It's blind buy worthy.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
My first frag ever. Sharp, lemony pine in the opening, with a GIT-esque drydown. Dirt cheap and a decent staple of the budget woodsman.

by Rasierwasser
by Michael
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular Coty

Emeraude (Parfum) by Coty Ambre Antique by Coty L'Origan (Parfum) by Coty Emeraude (Eau de Cologne) by Coty Chypre / Le Chypre (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Masumi (Eau de Toilette) by Coty La Rose Jacqueminot (Eau de Parfum) by Coty Complice (Eau de Toilette) by Coty L'Aimant (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Emeraude (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty Chanson d'Eau by Coty Imprévu (Parfum) by Coty Imprévu (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty Chypre / Chyprée (Eau de Cologne Parfumée) by Coty Route 66 (Eau de Toilette) by Coty L'Aimant (Extrait de Parfum) by Coty L'Aimant (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty Trois Couleurs / Les Trois Couleurs / Tricolore by Coty Vanilla Fields (Cologne) by Coty Preferred Stock (1990) (Cologne) by Coty