Muguet des Bois 1942

Muguet des Bois by Coty
Muguet des Bois is a perfume by Coty for women and was released in 1942. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Henri Robert

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
BergamotBergamot
Green leavesGreen leaves
OrangeOrange
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamenCyclamen
LilacLilac
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Ironheart, last update on 21.01.2021.

2.5

Underwhelming.
I got a bottle of Muguet des Bois in a lot of vintage Coty fragrances. I didn't know anything about it, just took the cap off of the bottle and took a small whiff. WHEW! It smelled exactly like, well... beer. I put a little bit on my hand and waited for the alcoholic fumes to fade. Has it gone bad, maybe? To be honest, after wearing it a few times, I still don't know.

What I smell on my skin is very green, ozonic/airy, a bit floral... but hardly detectable. I'm not terribly familiar with Lily of the Valley, but I do smell lilac. I guess that does make it a realistic floral scent, very green with poor projection. Based on other reviews I've read, what I'm smelling is likely legit - but in my opinion, it doesn't match the typical quality of Coty fragrances. I don't know what to make of this one. It's just so strange!

A Lily I'll Never Wear
It's a 60-40 chance that my nose won't get along with a fragrance with a strong note of lily. So far I've loved every single one of Francois Coty's early perfumes, except this. I remember it, though. When I was a child I smelled it on ladies who visited, but didn't live in our house. No way my great grandmother of the cut glass lampshades, my grand aunt of the Lucien LeLong beaded bags, or mother of the Pucci scarves, would wear Muguet des Bois. To my nose, it's a decidedly non-nostalgic scent. However, since not everyone lived in my house, there are surely women who adored and wore this--surely many who would be delighted by this loud lily and think the green notes surrounding it make it beautiful rather than putrid. Just don't expect to smell jasmine or rose here, though they're listed. Don't expect sultry orange. This is lily, plain and simple. If you like raw lily, you might want to hunt it down. Actually, I accidentally ordered a second bottle. If you want it, let me know. I'm hanging onto the first just to have a complete collection of Cotys. I'll never wear it, though.

by Lancaster85
by Walhai
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Coty

Emeraude (Parfum) by Coty Ambre Antique by Coty L'Origan (Parfum) by Coty Emeraude (Eau de Cologne) by Coty Chypre / Le Chypre (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Aspen for Men (Cologne) by Coty Masumi (Eau de Toilette) by Coty L'Aimant (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Complice (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Imprévu (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty Chypre / Chyprée (Eau de Cologne Parfumée) by Coty Emeraude (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty Chanson d'Eau by Coty Route 66 (Eau de Toilette) by Coty L'Aimant (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty L'Aimant (Extrait de Parfum) by Coty Imprévu (Parfum) by Coty La Rose Jacqueminot (Eau de Parfum) by Coty L'Origan (Eau de Cologne) by Coty Vanilla Fields (Cologne) by Coty