Vanilla Musk (1994)

Vanilla Musk by Coty

Vanilla Musk is a perfume by Coty for women and was released in 1994. The scent is sweet-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 21.07.2020.

This scent was also marketed under the brand Margaret Astor.

Warm and comforting
Vanilla Musk is fairly linear, although when I take a big sniff, I can really get that cedar-y tang. Otherwise, light sniffs yield mostly musk and sweet vanilla.

I like this one because it is warm, comforting, and simple. It's sweet, but not overly so. It's a bit powdery, too. Really a great drugstore cheapie! (My review from another site.)

Vanilla Milkshake!
The first few times I smelled Vanilla Musk, admittedly, I wasn't crazy about it. To me, it was all musk, and not much else. I recently decided to clean out my verging-on-absurd collection... And so I pulled out Vanilla Musk, and luckily decided to spray it again. Boy, was I wrong!

Vanilla Musk is subtle, feminine and absolutely delicious. It smells just like a vanilla milkshake! I think what it is that throws me off about Vanilla Musk is just the name. (Just like with Wild Musk. I guess I just don't like the word 'Musk'!)
2.5

Cooked Vanilla Pudding With A Bit Of Burnt Edges
Vanilla Musk is so light and demure, yet powerful on its spices. It's a gentle vanilla musk to go to bed with, to hold a baby with, an unassuming fragrance that won't turn heads but will make your skin smell very, very good. It's a faint musk with strong spices and an over wash of vanilla that hits you immediately on the first spray in a delightful mix that makes you come back for more.
Its' initial spritz is glorious with a zesty lemon that has one drooling and dreaming of lemon cream pie. It's absolutely delicious. I can't get enough of the beginning notes of this cologne spray. No alcohol whizz, just immediate gratification and pleasure from the first spray through to the end. It's a little stronger than one might think for a cologne spray, and it does radiate well. Lasting power is not that well, two hours at best. Although, for a cologne, that would be decent. Considering some of today's Eau de Parfums, it holds its own in longevity.
A little bit of burnt logs thrown in for good measure which only adds to this old stand-by of drugstore classics. A creamy, cooked vanilla pudding from scratch comes to mind when I smell my wrist with Vanilla Musk. The type of pudding that's been left on the stove a little too long and has some burnt crisp edges along the sides of the pot.
A scrumptious winter-time fragrance for those snowy days in front of the fire, watching the snowflakes fall.

Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
This is a great scent for simple, close-to-home days. I love it because it is very comforting.

by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Coty

Emeraude (Parfum) by Coty L'Origan (Parfum) by Coty Emeraude (Eau de Cologne) by Coty Aspen for Men (Cologne) by Coty L'Aimant (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Chypre de Coty / Chyprée (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Ambre Antique by Coty Complice (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Imprévu (Parfum) by Coty Masumi (Eau de Toilette) by Coty L'Origan (Eau de Cologne) by Coty Jasmin de Corse by Coty Route 66 (Eau de Toilette) by Coty Chanson d'Eau by Coty L'Aimant (Extrait de Parfum) by Coty Wild Lagoon by Coty L'Aimant (Parfum de Toilette) by Coty Vanilla Fields (Cologne) by Coty Preferred Stock (1990) (Cologne) by Coty Universo (Eau de Toilette) by Coty