Eau du Levant (2018)

Eau du Levant by Créateur Mare

Eau du Levant is a new perfume by Créateur Mare for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Lemon, Basil
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Osmanthus
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Vetiver, Ambergris

Submitted by Twang, last update on 17.07.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Topic hit
I would be fixed by the statements below, especially by Ronin - related to the 1st half of his statement.
I know the Villoresi scent "Aura Maris - Mare Nostrum" and like it very much, "Escentric 2" is in my collection - I like it just like the first test.

Characteristics of both scents in one (the Villoresi I still have on the radar as far as a perspective acquisition is concerned) interested me tremendously while reading Ronin's Stements.

The 2nd half of the statement does not apply to me, I like aquatics very much.

The fragrance opens with refreshing finest Hesperides, which I cannot completely divide apart, as soon as they are slightly spicy augmented before it becomes somewhat flowery.

The base is added quickly, providing a light woody and resinous warmth - all without the citrus or floridity disappearing completely. So the whole thing lasts for 2-3 hours.

I wait in vain for aquatics in the time, ISO does not stand out here either.
After a few hours, I take a fine hint of water, it'll be Calone, I see. She gently joins the rest - the other fragrances are still present.

The fragrance is quiet and very, very balanced. The shelf life is good. Finally, he reminds me a little of Aqua di Gio.
Of course several already known scent patterns were combined here - everyone may decide for himself whether he / she wants to have this in repetition.

I like this fragrance very much at these high temperatures, on all occasions.
In mediterranean regions it fits of course also.

6.0 7.0 8.5/10

The Mediterranean coast olfactorily captured
Most of us have probably already spent several holidays in some Mediterranean region and gained different impressions, which more or less correspond to a certain cliché image: The landscape alternates between rocky coastlines and sandy beaches, dry wasteland, sparse herbs and shrubs, olive/lemon groves and palm trees. Everything is perfect for creating a perfume inspired by it.

In fact, Eau du Levant reminds me more of those landscapes than of the sea itself, because I wouldn't describe this fragrance as classic-aquatic and I miss the clear freshness associated with it. Instead, I immediately associate the prelude with lemonade, because at first it smells mainly of ripe citrus fruits, discreetly flanked by basil. In the background, the warm, spicy foundation is also perceptible; floral notes rather less. Only when the Hesperides retreat a little, I get an idea of the flowery notes, which are generally very reserved (for my nose). At best the rather full, fruity character of the osmanthus, as well as its leathery facet, characterizes Geza Schöns creation. In addition, it becomes apparent that the aquatic side of the fragrance appears here in the form of a slightly salty, algal note. Unfortunately, I find the latter (especially directly on the skin) generally unpleasant and almost fishy. But our holiday impressions are also often marked by unpleasant impressions, like garbage and stuffy (harbour) air... The fragrance ends with familiar, but no less appealing, warm woody notes.

I like the majority of Eau du Levant very much and it keeps solid on the skin, with slightly higher temperatures bringing the fragrance back to life - some summery perfumes need that. A nice concept of combining rather light ethereal notes with warmth is found here, although I consider this to be much more skilfully implemented in XerJoff's Fars and Creeds Royal Oud. And so that I would like to possess a fragrance, it must please in every situation, which is not given here because of the algal note in immediate skin proximity.

Popular Créateur Mare