Acier Aluminium (1973)

Acier Aluminium by Creed

Acier Aluminium is a perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1973. The scent is spicy-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesFruits, Spices
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.06.2020.

A memory carousel
Sometimes it's really crazy what scents can do to you. Most of them are just OK. Others are again terrible and have to be washed off again quickly. Then there are those where you simply feel safe and comfortable, they awaken our memories. This has happened to me this week directly with 2 fragrances and it also makes me a little sentimental.

This Creed here wasn't on my screen until a few days ago. Since it is also adjusted, I always find it very dangerous to test such fragrances, because if you fall in love you usually stand there and can't find it any more or if then at crazy prices. Well, it should come but in such a way that I test the nevertheless and with it I would like to thank also to a completely particularly dear Parfumo that he gave me this possibility :)

I am wearing this fragrance and I am really happy but I am writing these lines with tears in my eyes. Memories of my dear grandpa come up, he has not been here for 13 years now and I have never had such an intense memory of him until now when I applied the fragrance. No, my grandfather himself didn't have this scent, I'm very sure of that but there was a similar scent which he uses. My grandpa was an Englishman made in 25 and he was like from a typical old English movie. Big, slender, always dressed finely with shirt and tie and the hat was never allowed to be missing when it goes out. Oh, what a great man! Whenever it went somewhere, I noticed this smell on him, very masculine, soapy, clean and spicy. But there was also something sweet about the scent. So much for my memory of my grandpa and his scent, which reminds me very much of this Creed here!

The scent is really a great work of art. He starts quite alcoholic and bitter, not so special at all. But the turnaround comes quickly, fine spices and something sweetish/soft is added, those are supposed to be the fruits, but also I really smell the banana out here, made very interesting! This combination then lingers on my skin for hours. The vanilla does a great job, the fragrance looks softer and softer but never loses its special spice.

Really very, very sad that you have set such a wonderful fragrance. A fragrance for the older generation? yes, it's probably the best fragrance for the older generation, but even younger ones will certainly enjoy it, you should like this spicy/fruity/soapy combination. I love them and will wear them at home again and again to indulge in old memories!
2.5
2.5

Acier Aluminium
This fragrance opens with a light citrus note intertwined with a weird fruit accord. This melange of notes is supposedly banana, but only with a lot of imagination do I see the creamy sweetness of the tropical fruit. At best the banana aroma can be described as very synthetic, like the flavour of those banana-shaped chocolates with creamy fruit filling. The scent finds itself after roughly half an hour: a woodsy base blends rather well with the creamy fruit accord which more and more resembles banana. Amber provides extra sweetness and smoothness, whereas citrus adds a touch of tartness. Spices emerge in the mid-development and add an interesting contrast to the fruity main accord. They keep the fragrance from being too bland and straight gourmand. This Creed vaguely reminds me of Ambre Gris by Balmain, especially during its middle and last stages: they both share smooth vanilla and salty amber, but while Ambre Gris focuses more on lemon and vanilla, Acier Aluminium focuses more on banana and other tropical fruit. The dry down is pure vanilla and amber, but it lacks the depth of its distant cousin Ambre Gris. I’d wear this fun scent in winter and early spring.

by Nyze29
by Nyze29
by Ustad
by Ustad

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed