Acqua Originale - Aberdeen Lavander (2014)

Acqua Originale - Aberdeen Lavander by Creed

Acqua Originale - Aberdeen Lavander is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAbsinth, Bergamot, Rosemary, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Lily, Tuberose, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Vetiver

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 04.08.2019

8.5/10

Fainting at the Creed Counter
Almost fainted at Neiman's Creed counter again yesterday. It wasn't really the fragrances. The first time was when Creed Aventus for Her arrived and I rushed over without breakfast. This time I hadn't eaten lunch and, as usual, I'm constitutionally unable to leave Neiman's perfume department in anywhere close to a reasonable timeframe. Arrival: 1 pm. Departure: about 6. What was I doing? Smelling perfume, testing it, discussing perfume, sharing perfume pics and stories. (You've heard the one about how Jean Harlow's husband, Paul Bern, killed himself drenched in Mitsuoko, her favorite perfume, which she was never able to wear again after that?) Well, by the time I realized I was about to faint, it was too late to get to a restaurant. I wouldn't have made it. Luckily, Creed people keep little bags of cookies for just such emergencies. All told I needed four bags. On to the review.

In spite of the cookies, when the Creed sales clerk sprayed this on the back of my hand, I almost fainted again. What a perfection of Lavander and the fabulously delicious top note. I'm wearing it now. The bad new is that ten minutes in, Aberdeen Lavander's splendid top notes die an early death, leaving a respectable muddle of flower, wood, leather and vetiver. Warning. Do not stay long at a perfume counter, talking about Jean Harlow, or you are likely to buy something(s). Should I have bought this one? No. I don't like Lavander but my mom wore it so I'm always in search of a perfume with a Lavander blend I can wear. This fits the bill, but only for the first ten minutes.

I don't regret the purchase, though, because five hours of happiness at a perfume counter staffed by clerks who not only know perfume, but all the stories, too, and who keep you alive with cookies, is worth it.

P.S. Actually, rumor has it that Paul Bern was murdered by his unbalanced and jealous ex-girlfriend. When Harlow's butler called the studio (instead of the police), they decided that a suicidal, rather than a murdered, husband was better for her career.

by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Viking by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed