Aventus Cologne 2019

Aventus Cologne by Creed
Aventus Cologne is a new perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Mandarin orange, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Indian sandalwood, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesStyrax, Birch, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.11.2020.

Ischgelroi
Aventus Cologne more than just a flanker ?
Tonight I'm writing my first comment here, it's about Aventus cologne, a perfume that split the minds, there were comparisons oh it smells like sauvage, Bleu de Chanel etc. Today I'd like to try to shed some light on this. I can't understand these similarities because Sauvage, for example, is more of an ambroxan bomb and Bleu de Chanel has its own DNA. The DNA of Aventus Cologne is in my eyes exactly what I expected, a fresh summery Aventus I can clearly see the Aventus DNA and yes it goes more into the mainstream direction, but that doesn't necessarily have to be wrong, because it is definitely still unique and has its own DNA. Aventus is and remains the perfume par excellence for the Creed company, because most people don't dare to make a complete change and the name Cologne has a fresh and slightly perfect association with me for the summer. I can only recommend to give Aventus Cologne a chance and remain without prejudice
TomGehFord
As good as big brother? - Comment incl. small batch wiki
In 2019, nine years after the launch of what I believe to be the best perfume of all time, Aventus, the first flanker to this came on the market: Aventus Cologne.
Many simply feared a dilettantishly weakened variation of the "King", which brought about entire forums and Facebook groups.
Rightly so? Br />
Short introduction:
"Aventus", the original, is probably the most famous niche perfume of our time, or rather of all time. I would like to refer you to my comment on "Aventus, which you are kind enough to mention
was also marked as particularly helpful - thank you very much. Unfortunately I had to shorten it a lot due to lack of space, otherwise it would have been twice as long.

Back to "Aventus": Never before has a fragrance hype lasted so long, never before has a single fragrance been so extensively debunked, explored and, of course, repeatedly called its own.
Why several times? Due to the mainly natural fragrances and their constantly varying harvests, as well as a total of four reformulations (the last one in 2019 -> new "N" batches are coming onto the market), the fragrance changed from a formerly brutal sillage monster full of birch smoke to a rather fruity woody scent with constantly varying nuances. Each production run, i.e. "batch", has its own flair. Moreover, according to the package it is already a "Millésime". This means that the first spray of Aventus offers only a fraction of the actual performance. Because "Millésime" means "vintage". In short: Aventus must mature like fine wine. This is well known in the community. That's why the older batches also have a dirty-dark base that could develop over the years.

I myself currently own eleven batches of "Aventus" from 2016 to 2020 (of course also partly full 250 ml bottles as an investment) and can only confirm this.

The addiction factor is immense, and once you have made "Aventus" your hobby, it is hard to imagine a better scent. Who can resist the incredible pineapple note?
Moreover, the fragrance is notorious for its ability to trigger anosmia. In short: The shelf life, which is often given 3 out of 10 points here, is due to the fact that the scent itself is not perceived by the user, but others, sometimes loosely over 8 hours - of course depending on the batch. In addition, it can happen that the scent is felt to have disappeared after 30 minutes, but the next morning the pillow suddenly looks very musky - a really nasty scent in this respect, and an absolutely deserved classic already. The amount of scent DNA plagiarism and "cloning" into immensity.

Mixed conditions therefore for the flanker "Aventus Cologne"?

Short summary at the beginning:
"Aventus Cologne" has a similar addiction factor as its big brother, which is also due to the wonderfully masterful composition.
Anosmia is present again, and batch variations anyway - how could it be otherwise, with such great natural fragrances?

Overall, the fragrance can be described as a more fruity, tangy variation, which, depending on the batch, can be pungent (ginger), fruity (tangerine), or balanced. Of course, the differences are still within limits "Aventus Cologne" is still much too new and has too few batches to smell like its big brother after quasi different scents. Furthermore, no reformulations are known so far.
While the discontinuation of the "Lyral" material in 2019 cost Aventus some performance and depth, "Aventus Cologne" did not contain this chemical at all.

The Aventus backbone is not to be smelled in all batches of "Aventus Cologne", and in general it can only be guessed anyway. But let me tell you one thing: In summer there are hardly any
a more refreshing and at the same time no headache causing scent, from which you can't get enough!
I call my own the Batch 19P01, which is the second of the production series.

Now of course a small batch wiki, so that the sometimes quite small differences are clear. Unfortunately, I don't know all the batches, but as a small overview, this should be enough.

19N01: The first batch. "AC" sees the light of day. Many feel reminded of "Versace - Pour Homme" and "Chanel - Allure Homme Sport" There's a lot to it - "AC" is not as original as its big brother was back then, but it combines many popular features of the Freshies
and supplements it with a sufficient amount of Creed-typical naturalness and "creaminess" in the drydown. Everything smells clearly more noble and finely composed - here Creed is still not being fooled.

Batch 19N01 smells rather citrusy fresh, minimally "hot" due to the ginger, sweetish-creamy in the base and otherwise relatively balanced. Shelf life (approx. 7-8 hours) and Sillage (approx. 3 hours) really good, especially for a fresh fragrance.
If you work with odourless lotion as a base, like I do, you get even more out of it. Naturalness brings out even more of certain notes in the maturing process - time must show that.

19P01: My Batch. Clearly fruity tangerine note in the opening, felt better shelf life and sillage. The spiciness is more withdrawn. Sometimes I take the scent, but not true. After several hours it can be,
that when I get in the car, I get a gust of wind and I get a great view of it again. It also stops really well at the first spraying
19T01: Considered a pretty "sharp" batch. You could also describe it as "minty". Durability and sillage are similar to the previous batches. Exudes a bit more freshness through the sharpness.

19X01: Particularly fruity mandarin note. Reminiscent of a fleshy, juicy and ripe tangerine. The other notes are noticeable in the background, even more so than in 19P01. The persistence and sillage may be a little more subdued
are effective due to their fruitiness, but are not noticeably weaker. The nose can also simply deceive you - see topic "anosmia".

Unfortunately I don't know of any other batches - but of course there are already 2020 batches. Due to the lack of reformulations, they should be as good as the previous ones.

In summary, "Aventus Cologne" is much more suitable (because it is more refreshing) in summer. Of course you can wear it all year round, just like its big brother.
But the refreshing note extends into the creamy drydown, and in warmer temperatures you learn to appreciate this especially. He may miss some originality - and yet he has the
certain addictive bonuses from the other Creeds. It's an ideal complement to "Aventus", and it's also better received, since the masses prefer fresh and simpler scents.

Of course you pay a lot for the name again - but it's just like with Apple, for example. Prices can be raised further. Accessories can be ordered simultaneously
can be removed from the package. All questionable, yes. In terms of price, "Cologne" should actually be cheaper than "Aventus". But as with Apple, one likes to pay on top, because Creed means
as well as one thing above all: Prestige. Anyone who doesn't need it buys "Allure Homme Sport" and "Versace Pour Homme" and has his Samsung or Huawei, so to speak. All legitimate
But from me definitely a clear recommendation for "Aventus Cologne" - I like!
Eliassport
Better than Aventus Original?
In the year 2020 I thought to myself, oh there I will test the Aventus Cologne once again.

In 2019 I rated him badly, probably too early, the time was not yet ripe for it, as it turned out.
Rated too early, rated too poorly, not a successful opinion.

So much for that...

I don't think I need to write much more about the fragrance, except that the cologne starts fresher and even fruitier than the original.
I perceive a lot of tangerine, lemon and ginger. In the course of the day the birch and vetiver become more dominant. At the end the sandalwood and the tonka bean sensually join in.
Musk serves as a useful support for me.

Aventus on the left hand and Cologne on the right.
Both are really very nice scents, I can't say which of them I like more at the moment - update is coming soon
The Cologne convinces me with its liveliness, naturalness, quality and diversity.

For me, no designer can match the quality of cologne, you simply notice the naturalness and balance of the fragrance.
Apart from musk and the supporting components for durability - synthetic molecules, I smell the pure naturalness of the fragrance. The quality seems to me to be very high, compared to many other fragrances.

The durability as well as projection is on a high level with me. It projects the first hours strongly and is even after 8h still perceptible - here too an update follows.

A great fragrance for warmer as well as colder days, each unit of the Celsius degree moves and lifts the fragrance in a different direction, simply ingenious.
It is lively but also sensual, strong but not penetrating, suitable for the masses but unique.

Test it without fail :-)

I wish you enjoyable Aventus hours :-)
A cologne?
A cologne is by definition a "light fragrance" that pampers you for just a few hours and then is gone again. At the beginning of the release of the Aventus Cologne I always found it funny that it is a "cologne" that is also an eau de parfum. But that's what you get with other brands and fragrances. Consequently, my expectations were not very high when it came to "Aventus Cologne". I internally agreed with my predecessors that this will certainly be just an unnecessary Aventus blending, which is only there to generate money. In fact, I'm still torn whether I should agree to that, since Cologne is quite independent and self-contained for me to see big brother.

We have much more spice here, which becomes clear right at the beginning when pepper and the spiciness of ginger waft around your nose. The whole thing is supported by the tangerine, which looks more like a lemon. According to this we find ourselves subjected to a citric-spicy, slightly smoky start of the fragrance. Here you can already see the difference to the original, where the beloved pineapple pampers the scent at the beginning. In the further course of the fragrance, it continues to dawdle in the fresh and spicy (smoky) realm. I don't find it particularly "light", to refer back to the definition of Cologne. Here one could also start critically and ask oneself why a lighter version of the original is advertised here, which it actually isn't. For me, it would be more like an Aventus 2.0, without emphasizing that this one is the better one. What's exciting about the cologne is the birch that you can actually smell out, at least a slightly woody foundation can be smelled. On the other hand, it has to be mentioned that the citric acid disappears too early, which I would have expected from a cologne. Evil voices could start here and claim that the cologne is only the Aventus base. But you have to form your own opinion about that ;) What's crazy is that after about an hour the cologne develops a slightly aquatic touch on my skin, which I don't know where it comes from?

So far I can say: I like him, although I'm still not sure if it would have needed him.

If one looks at the endurance of the Cologne, the conceptual definition can be criticized again, because in my case it has a similar durability as the original. It is really strong at the beginning and lasts 6-7 hours. The projection is really strong in the first two hours and when it is very hot you have to be careful not to overdose it! Especially the slightly smoky spice can be very annoying here.

The bottom line is that Creed has succeeded in creating a very nice spring-summer scent, which has some similarities to Aventus, but also has its own nuances. Whether this is enough to justify a purchase, everyone must test for themselves. I like it and I will test it a little further. But I can understand anyone who asks himself about the legitimacy of this cologne on the perfume market.

Final, it must be noted that we are not dealing with a cologne, but with an eau de parfum. Moreover, the fragrance is not fresh and fruity, but definitely fresh and spicy.
The better Aventus
It's just nice!
Aventus, the already very well known Masspleaser was not made more suitable for mass production than it already is.
In my opinion you can wear it better in every situation, as long as it is not minus degrees and you will also get, you may not believe it, more compliments with the cologne.
I find it better than the normal one overall. Don't get me wrong, I have the normal Aventus, Aventus for Her and the Cologne and I like all three very much. Aventus can smell a bit pungent and a bit annoying after a while, but the cologne always works It has already become a kind of "dumb reach scent" for me, but maybe only because he is just horny at hot temperatures!
Dfrag
An arrogant Aventus with airs and graces
I guess I went the same way a lot of us did. I've always worn perfumes, whether they were good ones or not, let alone the unusual, individual ones - no, definitely not! We're talking Sauvage, Bleu, 1 million, the whole gamut of the conventional and mainstream. So what do you do? You try to get down to basics, do some research. Now it was Prada l'Homme, Acqua di Parma, Tom Ford, etc. But who was satisfied with that? One wants to get into the niche of the oh-so-praised niche perfumes. In the end, there is no way around Creed Aventus. A perfume that is said to have reached the superposition of the industry, a branch leader, the best of the best...

Okay. What can I say? Creed Aventus isn't bad. He's manly, very manly. High quality ingredients and a shelf life that's second to none. Silage is not to be sneezed at either. Fruity fresh, yes that is the Pineapple King (sounds like a Ballermann hit). Deliciously smoky in the dry-down and the birch is impressive here. Still, I would not wear Creed Aventus. Not because he's not good. No. For the simple reason that I don't know when or where. It's out of the question for closed rooms. After 15 minutes at the desk, the office smells like the ruler of niche perfumes. In my eyes now the perfect workplace - unfortunately not everyone sees it that way. If not for inside, then for outside? No? Too high quality. It cannot be appreciated in its complexity in nature.

So what happens now? Aventus Cologne comes out. Erwin Creed tries to promote him in his best English. A symbiosis of the King Aventus and the Lady Aventus. Okay, why not? A bit fresher and more fizzy, too. Sounds good. Let's not talk about the price and product strategy of Creed yet, let alone the buy-out of the investment bank Blackrock
So what happens at Aventus Cologne? It opens fresh and very citric. I feel reminded of Pura from Acqua di Parma. Nevertheless, Aventus Cologne is more pleasant - much better tuned, the pepper comes out slowly. The Aventus DNA unmistakable in the first seconds. I like it very much.

But what happens then? After 15 minutes the freshness is gone and the tonka bean goes on the offensive. At this point, a comparison to Channel Allure Homme Sport is certainly appropriate. Nevertheless, for me Aventus Cologne goes much better. It forms the basis of the composition but is never too obtrusive as it is the case with CAHS. She underlines the entire fragrance excellently and gives it that new youthful dimension that Aventus never had. Sure, with Styrax we also have the synthetic component here, but it looks cheap at the smallest time.

What is the Aventus Cologne now? For me it is above all suitable for the masses and I mean that as a compliment. Creed kills two birds with one stone. He makes the already popular Aventus a bit more suitable for the masses, expands the product line and grabs perverse profits. But I can't be angry with Creed because for me the fragrance is a logical consequence of Aventus. It's more adventurous, playful, cheeky and more unisex (although I find it hard to imagine it with women). He is young, dynamic, and he's fooling around with his father.

Unfortunately he suffers from airs and graces. It comes from a prestigious family and has been implemented well, but the shelf life spoils the fragrance. We are talking about 2-4h. In the fourth hour it can still sometimes flash briefly but that is not enough - especially not for the price. That is sad because I like this scent very much. I like it more than the Aventus. But the good scent composition has gone to the head of Aventus Cologne. Like Icarus, it has flown too close to the sun only to realize that it can't hold a candle to its father (yet).

My recommendation: have a good time and get the Aventus Cologne. Spray it several times during the day. Be a hedonist. Because this must be a Creed customer (at least in Creed's eyes). The smell is awesome! The durability is his arrogance.
Game of Thrones
"Queen Victoria, who was also Empress of India, declared Creed to be the official purveyor of the noble perfumes to the high nobility. Under the patronage of Empress Eugénie, the House of Creed settled in Paris in 1854."
"Royal Mayfair - inspired by the life of King Edward VIII, Duke of Windsor."
"Bois du Portugal was Napoleon I's favorite scent"
"For the wedding of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier of Monaco, the fragrance "Fleurissimo" by Creed was created for Gracia Patricia."
"The customer list reads like a Who's Who: e.g. Prince Charles, Robert Redford and Clint Eastwood are fans of the fragrance "Green Irish Tweed"."
"A bottle of "Erolfa" was in every first class cabin of the Titanic, and a few of them are said to still be on the seabed today."

A small note to the latter quote: "Ask one diver to ask another: Well, also because of the Titanic here? Does the other diver say: No! Because of the old Erolfa bottles!

When I look at the description of the fragrance and the advertising texts of the Cologne, Creed completely dispenses with emperors, kings, musicians, etc. Not even Marcus Prince of Anhalt is mentioned.

Applied to the back of my hand, a fresh, citric prelude welcomes me. Scent of lemon. I can actually understand the connection to Chanel mainstream box office hits, as the mandarin reminds me subliminally of my experience with AHS. Fresh and fruity, the pleasure starts off, to be underlined by very light vetiver in the medium term. The fresh top note is stretched out of the standard pot by the usual aroma helpers and supplemented with wood.

These "support substances" make you feel that you forget the fading of the top note and still retain a fresh impression. What remains is a dull-woody, synthetic-masculine freshness, which you have never been allowed to experience before, and which you balance so finely...*Örrgs*

Short, personal thought game:
Oliver to Erwin: Erwin, my boy. What do you mean? We'll create something really funky! Erwin to Oliver: Oh yes, Baba.
3 years later the fragrances are clear: lemon - tangerine - wood

Another sprayer went into the crook of my arm (on my sweater). Since you are supposed to sneeze into the crook of your arm, not only for current reasons, I thought it was a win-win situation The interesting thing here is that in the beginning a completely different scent impression is created. In the prelude I suddenly could perceive and almost taste authentic, tangy tangerine peel. Not sooo bad! The impression lasts for quite a while until here too, probably the ginger contributes to the fact that my great tangerine skin is drifting in the direction of canned mandarin. The freshness impression remains on fabric for a long time, but gets sweeter with time. A sweetness that I did not notice on my skin. In the base the two test versions resemble each other again, whereby the dull-woody impression is somewhat restrained.

With Aventus Cologne, Creed has thrown a lot overboard that might have been useful for the continuation of the journey (life jackets, whistles, etc.). Creed fragrances have always had a unique DNA for me. Whether you like it or not, it's not sure, but there was one distinguishing feature. Aventus Cologne is the first fragrance where this DNA was lost somewhere between Ambroxan and Linalool. When exactly was Creed sold to BlackRock Long Term Private Capital?
Not only sophistication, but also the previous advertising quote was deliberately avoided by Aventus Cologne:
"At a time when the fragrance industry is dominated by fashion brands and celebrity brands, it is a pleasure to discover that there is still a family business for which the highest quality standards are the benchmark and which still lives these values today."
Morrissey
Lack of concentration (not only among pupils and students) ...
Yesterday at Breuniger:

Proudly the very attractive saleswoman, who is no longer the youngest, tells me that there is now the Aventus in the "fragrance direction Cologne". She attaches importance to the fact that it is still an intense perfume concentration and an elegant tangerine, as well as high quality ginger to lift the old Aventus Damit to a new throne :-) as it should be for a monarch, laugh ...

I was then also allowed to spray three times on my wrist. Quite nice, like a mixture of Dior Eau de Sauvage, Terre Eau Fraiche, Vibrant Leather and the original Aventus.

Three hours later there was really NOTHING to smell on my skin. Thanks a lot.

Unmistakable relationship
Aventus' more easy going younger sibling. The relationship is unmistakable, but less stern and demanding. Doesn't sit at the party demanding everyone's attention like it's older brother, seduces by understated charm instead. I don't get the "sport scent vibe" that others are talking about at all, just a toned down version of Aventus. If it was made by Calvin Klein it would be called "Aventus Summer". Good longevity, albeit not as brutal as big brother's.
Young professional
Aventus Cologne begins with a fresh-fruity tangyness that is very reminiscent of Aventus, garnished with tangerine and pepper. Smells boring at first.
Aventus Cologne ends with something fruity and woody, reminiscent of Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme - it lacks a little sweetness and warmth, the Aventus remains more fruity and fresh. Smells boring at first.

Once you've been through the odyssey a few times, more and more details become positively noticeable: How excellently the pepper is integrated into the fresh top note. Not too exaggerated and killing, like in a sauvage, but complementing the freshness. The mandarin goes perfectly with it, the composition is simply harmonious. Such a top note can only be achieved by Creed.
The fragrance is not unexpected, but also not boring. Facets of the top note remain until the end and ensure that wood, smoke and pepper do not become too dominant. The Dry Down may recall Chanel's mentioned mainstreamer, but it is obvious that Aventus Cologne is qualitatively far ahead. The fragrance remains transparent and does not become an indefinable masculine scent cloud, and it always sets its own accents, as with the fruitiness of the mandarin, which I perceive until the end.

For whom and for which situations is Aventus Cologne suitable? Is he an Aventus for everyone?
I don't think so. You need a little self-confidence and shouldn't be embarrassed to attract attention - because Aventus Cologne also has a strong Sillage and its own character. No scent for soft pedal. He's not unisex either. But the versatility is right: it has fruit for spring, freshness for summer, wood and smoke for autumn and pepper for winter. It can be worn daily and has enough power to assert itself in the evening. It's probably a bit too loud for the office according to classic ideas, but louder fragrances in the office are probably in keeping with the spirit of the times. If that doesn't bother you, you can wear it there.

How do you describe the feeling that the new Aventus conveys? I'll try a story.
The original Aventus is the boss of his own company. He doesn't have to work anymore, he lets work, he did everything there was to do.
Aventus Cologne is the up-and-coming Young Professional. He still has ambitions and goals to which he is working ambitiously. Despite his young age, he already has a position in middle management and it seems only a matter of time before he becomes CEO.

For me, the new Aventus is as strikingly masculine as the original, only in a slightly different way. In a direct comparison, the new one starts with much more edge and aggressiveness, probably due to the pepper. The old man quickly seems a bit harmless and antiquated; a description that would never have occurred to me before when I thought of the original Aventus. It turns around in the dry down: The old man turns up the heat and radiates a woody-smoky authority that few escape. The new one seems to have run out of air in a direct comparison. He still has some of the charm that he showed in the morning, but there is no more such a crass wow moment.

Nevertheless, if you take a close look at the performance of both, then the new is no worse than the old, even if many claim that. At least in comparison to my 2017 Batch Aventus original both don't take anything in Sillage or in durability.
The following thought remained in my head when I thought about Aventus and Aventus Cologne and what to write about them:
Aventus Cologne meets the zeitgeist perfectly and implements it flawlessly - a composition of undoubtedly very high quality and with enough independence to inspire.
But the original Aventus has redefined the zeitgeist. He set the direction for others and was therefore a masterpiece. I don't see that in cologne

SergioTSergioT 10 months ago
If Aventus is a Saville Row suit, Cologne is a Supreme white t-shirt. Way lighter, less smoky, with added citrus and vetiver. Not impressed.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Lighter and softer than main Aventus, toning down the fruit, smoke & spice. Fresher and easier to wear, but also not as exciting or nuanced.

by Scentaclaus
by JulianNock
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed