Aventus Cologne 2019

Aventus Cologne by Creed
Aventus Cologne is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Olivier Creed

Base Notes Base NotesStyraxStyrax
BirchBirch
MuskMusk
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 20.10.2021.

Unfortunately very horny!
'No, I want Mike Ross.'

'But Harvey's the big boss here.'

'So what, I couldn't care less.'

'Look, Harvey's never lost a case, you're in the right place with him.'

'No, I'm not and you do realise Mike has skills Harvey only dreams of?'

'What do you mean now?'

'Well, Harvey comes along loud and has worked hard for it all, full respect for that. But it's all easy for Mike, I'm not worried about him.'

'You certainly don't need to with Harvey!!!'

'I've already said I don't care. Look, to be honest, I just don't like Harvey.'

'How can you not like Harvey?'

'You know, he may have been a great act once, but the varnish is off. Mike is fresh, just the better version. And another thing.'

'Yeah?'

'Harvey stinks!'

'o_O'
Ok, once again in prose for non-suits?

I just couldn't get excited for Aventus, too heavy are some notes, for me it's just not harmonious, also I can't find anything that is unique. This may not apply to older versions, but I can not judge.

The opening at Aventus Cologne is simply sensational. Fresh and very pleasantly citrusy by the mandarin and the combo with ginger and pepper comes across very clear and natural, everything is clearly perceptible.

Playfully everything fits together in the drydown, patchouli and vetiver, then tonka and musk, all wonderfully dosed. So according to the motto, Hey here I am, but in a pleasant way. The top notes remain and even though the citrusy fades into the background, it stays fresh with nice smoky notes. Very masculine in my eyes and suitable for everyday wear for the self conscious in any case. Sillage and projection just right, strong but not overdosed and long enough lasting.

This is also my conclusion. Aventus Cologne is for me the beloved, the multi-talented. Very versatil and yet special, because he just manages to put all the notes together into a whole.

Ring clear!
Aventus Cologne is currently my favorite fragrance. He smells just fantastic and goes in my opinion always and everywhere. In addition, he smells just not as interchangeable boring as other (blue) "always" or would even be too sweet for the summer. Aventus Cologne is just perfect. Would not there be the price...

Therefore, here is a comparison with 3 cheap alternatives:
1.) Mont Blanc Explorer
2.) Armaf CDNMI EdP
3.) Perfumer's Choice Victor No 9

Mont Blanc Explorer:
Puuuh, a very different fragrance than the Aventus Cologne! No smokiness, but lots of ambroxan. Summer suitable he is, yes, but he gives me kind of a headache. Seems to me like someone took Sauvage EdT and swapped a few notes with Aventus. Durability ok.

Armaf Club de Nuit Man Intense EdP:
Not bad at all. Unfortunately, rather a substitute for a smoky Aventus (original) batch instead of the Aventus Cologne. Very smoky, very strong, very long lasting. The opening is unpleasantly toilet stone like, but then gets better after 30 minutes. The fragrance will certainly please one or the other. Me, however, too crass.

Perfumer's Choice Victor No 9:
Interesting spray head which resembles a deodorant spray with aerosols. The fragrance itself is not bad at the beginning. However, reaches in no moment the Aventus the water and becomes hintenraus nasty pappsüß.

The search continues.
MarkyMark
Too late and too close for the big time
Writing a review of Aventus Cologne without mentioning the omnipresent big brother in every second sentence is probably a bit like describing Ralf Schumacher's career in Formula 1 without mentioning his big brother Michael.

Evil tongues could be inclined to claim that the existence of the career of the one just by the colossal success of the other was only possible.
I refrain from any speculation in this regard, of course.

But back to the matter at hand.
Aventus Cologne will probably never even begin to experience the success story of its big brother. On the one hand, it is simply because many consumers the
"a perfume that everyone finds so great" want to have and on the other hand but also because Aventus Cologne is simply no milestone (more). For this, certain similarities to the well-known original and of course to the various clones existing before Aventus Cologne are too obvious.
To the shadowy existence probably also contributes the unflattering name, which probably makes many inclined customers think of a watered-down original.
The marketing department could have gone here also a little more creatively to the work.

Similar and then yet different, so I personally feel this fragrance.
The DNA is felt to 60% the same and is of course based on the same high-quality natural components.
Main differences are the lack of the popular pineapple as well as the smoky.
Aventus Cologne is sharper, tangier extremely dry. Just somehow fresher summery...

Just that dryness latently reminds of Nishane Hacivat or even Bvlgari pour Homme Extreme.
The common thread here would be oakmoss, which occurs in both mentioned but at least officially in Aventus Cologne no use finds....but what does that mean ;-)

Not to blaspheme now but Aventus with a dash of D&G Light Blue comes to mind.

All in all, Aventus Cologne is an excellent fragrance for me. High quality and fantastically composed. For me currently even better contemporary and modern than the original.
Had it been granted to appear before his big brother, it could have been a real star.
Since the question of the hen or the egg in this case but simply does not arise, it will probably remain the flanker that it is just.
In itself fantastic but too little revolutionary, too close to the big star to still be able to provide real sensation.

The eternal fate of younger siblings of absolute exceptional talents.

Summery Aventus
A fresher zesty and more people pleasing version of Aventus. It has this Summery vacation in the sun vibe going on. If I was to go on a holiday and was looking for a beautiful luxury cologne to party on down in the hot tropical evenings, this would fit the bill. Very nice!
FredAventus
The smaller and softer brother of Aventus
The opening is softer than that of his big brother and less obtrusive, the typical Aventus note is also included here, H/S are better in the current batch of the Cologne 2020 than in the batch 2020 of big brother Aventus, not brutal but 6-8 hours he keeps on my skin, even if the last two hours are rather skin-tight.
All in all a nice fresh scent, for all who love the Aventus accord and are willing to spend so much money for a good perfume.
Ischgelroi
Aventus Cologne more than just a flanker ?
Tonight I'm writing my first comment here, it's about Aventus cologne, a perfume that split the minds, there were comparisons oh it smells like sauvage, Bleu de Chanel etc. Today I'd like to try to shed some light on this. I can't understand these similarities because Sauvage, for example, is more of an ambroxan bomb and Bleu de Chanel has its own DNA. The DNA of Aventus Cologne is in my eyes exactly what I expected, a fresh summery Aventus I can clearly see the Aventus DNA and yes it goes more into the mainstream direction, but that doesn't necessarily have to be wrong, because it is definitely still unique and has its own DNA. Aventus is and remains the perfume par excellence for the Creed company, because most people don't dare to make a complete change and the name Cologne has a fresh and slightly perfect association with me for the summer. I can only recommend to give Aventus Cologne a chance and remain without prejudice
TomGehFord
As good as big brother? - Comment incl. small batch wiki
In 2019, nine years after the launch of what I believe to be the best perfume of all time, Aventus, the first flanker to this came on the market: Aventus Cologne.
Many simply feared a dilettantishly weakened variation of the "King", which brought about entire forums and Facebook groups.
Rightly so? Br />
Short introduction:
"Aventus", the original, is probably the most famous niche perfume of our time, or rather of all time. I would like to refer you to my comment on "Aventus, which you are kind enough to mention
was also marked as particularly helpful - thank you very much. Unfortunately I had to shorten it a lot due to lack of space, otherwise it would have been twice as long.

Back to "Aventus": Never before has a fragrance hype lasted so long, never before has a single fragrance been so extensively debunked, explored and, of course, repeatedly called its own.
Why several times? Due to the mainly natural fragrances and their constantly varying harvests, as well as a total of four reformulations (the last one in 2019 -> new "N" batches are coming onto the market), the fragrance changed from a formerly brutal sillage monster full of birch smoke to a rather fruity woody scent with constantly varying nuances. Each production run, i.e. "batch", has its own flair. Moreover, according to the package it is already a "Millésime". This means that the first spray of Aventus offers only a fraction of the actual performance. Because "Millésime" means "vintage". In short: Aventus must mature like fine wine. This is well known in the community. That's why the older batches also have a dirty-dark base that could develop over the years.

I myself currently own eleven batches of "Aventus" from 2016 to 2020 (of course also partly full 250 ml bottles as an investment) and can only confirm this.

The addiction factor is immense, and once you have made "Aventus" your hobby, it is hard to imagine a better scent. Who can resist the incredible pineapple note?
Moreover, the fragrance is notorious for its ability to trigger anosmia. In short: The shelf life, which is often given 3 out of 10 points here, is due to the fact that the scent itself is not perceived by the user, but others, sometimes loosely over 8 hours - of course depending on the batch. In addition, it can happen that the scent is felt to have disappeared after 30 minutes, but the next morning the pillow suddenly looks very musky - a really nasty scent in this respect, and an absolutely deserved classic already. The amount of scent DNA plagiarism and "cloning" into immensity.

Mixed conditions therefore for the flanker "Aventus Cologne"?

Short summary at the beginning:
"Aventus Cologne" has a similar addiction factor as its big brother, which is also due to the wonderfully masterful composition.
Anosmia is present again, and batch variations anyway - how could it be otherwise, with such great natural fragrances?

Overall, the fragrance can be described as a more fruity, tangy variation, which, depending on the batch, can be pungent (ginger), fruity (tangerine), or balanced. Of course, the differences are still within limits "Aventus Cologne" is still much too new and has too few batches to smell like its big brother after quasi different scents. Furthermore, no reformulations are known so far.
While the discontinuation of the "Lyral" material in 2019 cost Aventus some performance and depth, "Aventus Cologne" did not contain this chemical at all.

The Aventus backbone is not to be smelled in all batches of "Aventus Cologne", and in general it can only be guessed anyway. But let me tell you one thing: In summer there are hardly any
a more refreshing and at the same time no headache causing scent, from which you can't get enough!
I call my own the Batch 19P01, which is the second of the production series.

Now of course a small batch wiki, so that the sometimes quite small differences are clear. Unfortunately, I don't know all the batches, but as a small overview, this should be enough.

19N01: The first batch. "AC" sees the light of day. Many feel reminded of "Versace - Pour Homme" and "Chanel - Allure Homme Sport" There's a lot to it - "AC" is not as original as its big brother was back then, but it combines many popular features of the Freshies
and supplements it with a sufficient amount of Creed-typical naturalness and "creaminess" in the drydown. Everything smells clearly more noble and finely composed - here Creed is still not being fooled.

Batch 19N01 smells rather citrusy fresh, minimally "hot" due to the ginger, sweetish-creamy in the base and otherwise relatively balanced. Shelf life (approx. 7-8 hours) and Sillage (approx. 3 hours) really good, especially for a fresh fragrance.
If you work with odourless lotion as a base, like I do, you get even more out of it. Naturalness brings out even more of certain notes in the maturing process - time must show that.

19P01: My Batch. Clearly fruity tangerine note in the opening, felt better shelf life and sillage. The spiciness is more withdrawn. Sometimes I take the scent, but not true. After several hours it can be,
that when I get in the car, I get a gust of wind and I get a great view of it again. It also stops really well at the first spraying
19T01: Considered a pretty "sharp" batch. You could also describe it as "minty". Durability and sillage are similar to the previous batches. Exudes a bit more freshness through the sharpness.

19X01: Particularly fruity mandarin note. Reminiscent of a fleshy, juicy and ripe tangerine. The other notes are noticeable in the background, even more so than in 19P01. The persistence and sillage may be a little more subdued
are effective due to their fruitiness, but are not noticeably weaker. The nose can also simply deceive you - see topic "anosmia".

Unfortunately I don't know of any other batches - but of course there are already 2020 batches. Due to the lack of reformulations, they should be as good as the previous ones.

In summary, "Aventus Cologne" is much more suitable (because it is more refreshing) in summer. Of course you can wear it all year round, just like its big brother.
But the refreshing note extends into the creamy drydown, and in warmer temperatures you learn to appreciate this especially. He may miss some originality - and yet he has the
certain addictive bonuses from the other Creeds. It's an ideal complement to "Aventus", and it's also better received, since the masses prefer fresh and simpler scents.

Of course you pay a lot for the name again - but it's just like with Apple, for example. Prices can be raised further. Accessories can be ordered simultaneously
can be removed from the package. All questionable, yes. In terms of price, "Cologne" should actually be cheaper than "Aventus". But as with Apple, one likes to pay on top, because Creed means
as well as one thing above all: Prestige. Anyone who doesn't need it buys "Allure Homme Sport" and "Versace Pour Homme" and has his Samsung or Huawei, so to speak. All legitimate
But from me definitely a clear recommendation for "Aventus Cologne" - I like!
Eliassport
Better than Aventus Original?
In the year 2020 I thought to myself, oh there I will test the Aventus Cologne once again.

In 2019 I rated him badly, probably too early, the time was not yet ripe for it, as it turned out.
Rated too early, rated too poorly, not a successful opinion.

So much for that...

I don't think I need to write much more about the fragrance, except that the cologne starts fresher and even fruitier than the original.
I perceive a lot of tangerine, lemon and ginger. In the course of the day the birch and vetiver become more dominant. At the end the sandalwood and the tonka bean sensually join in.
Musk serves as a useful support for me.

Aventus on the left hand and Cologne on the right.
Both are really very nice scents, I can't say which of them I like more at the moment - update is coming soon
The Cologne convinces me with its liveliness, naturalness, quality and diversity.

For me, no designer can match the quality of cologne, you simply notice the naturalness and balance of the fragrance.
Apart from musk and the supporting components for durability - synthetic molecules, I smell the pure naturalness of the fragrance. The quality seems to me to be very high, compared to many other fragrances.

The durability as well as projection is on a high level with me. It projects the first hours strongly and is even after 8h still perceptible - here too an update follows.

A great fragrance for warmer as well as colder days, each unit of the Celsius degree moves and lifts the fragrance in a different direction, simply ingenious.
It is lively but also sensual, strong but not penetrating, suitable for the masses but unique.

Test it without fail :-)

I wish you enjoyable Aventus hours :-)
A cologne?
A cologne is by definition a "light fragrance" that pampers you for just a few hours and then is gone again. At the beginning of the release of the Aventus Cologne I always found it funny that it is a "cologne" that is also an eau de parfum. But that's what you get with other brands and fragrances. Consequently, my expectations were not very high when it came to "Aventus Cologne". I internally agreed with my predecessors that this will certainly be just an unnecessary Aventus blending, which is only there to generate money. In fact, I'm still torn whether I should agree to that, since Cologne is quite independent and self-contained for me to see big brother.

We have much more spice here, which becomes clear right at the beginning when pepper and the spiciness of ginger waft around your nose. The whole thing is supported by the tangerine, which looks more like a lemon. According to this we find ourselves subjected to a citric-spicy, slightly smoky start of the fragrance. Here you can already see the difference to the original, where the beloved pineapple pampers the scent at the beginning. In the further course of the fragrance, it continues to dawdle in the fresh and spicy (smoky) realm. I don't find it particularly "light", to refer back to the definition of Cologne. Here one could also start critically and ask oneself why a lighter version of the original is advertised here, which it actually isn't. For me, it would be more like an Aventus 2.0, without emphasizing that this one is the better one. What's exciting about the cologne is the birch that you can actually smell out, at least a slightly woody foundation can be smelled. On the other hand, it has to be mentioned that the citric acid disappears too early, which I would have expected from a cologne. Evil voices could start here and claim that the cologne is only the Aventus base. But you have to form your own opinion about that ;) What's crazy is that after about an hour the cologne develops a slightly aquatic touch on my skin, which I don't know where it comes from?

So far I can say: I like him, although I'm still not sure if it would have needed him.

If one looks at the endurance of the Cologne, the conceptual definition can be criticized again, because in my case it has a similar durability as the original. It is really strong at the beginning and lasts 6-7 hours. The projection is really strong in the first two hours and when it is very hot you have to be careful not to overdose it! Especially the slightly smoky spice can be very annoying here.

The bottom line is that Creed has succeeded in creating a very nice spring-summer scent, which has some similarities to Aventus, but also has its own nuances. Whether this is enough to justify a purchase, everyone must test for themselves. I like it and I will test it a little further. But I can understand anyone who asks himself about the legitimacy of this cologne on the perfume market.

Final, it must be noted that we are not dealing with a cologne, but with an eau de parfum. Moreover, the fragrance is not fresh and fruity, but definitely fresh and spicy.
The better Aventus
It's just nice!
Aventus, the already very well known Masspleaser was not made more suitable for mass production than it already is.
In my opinion you can wear it better in every situation, as long as it is not minus degrees and you will also get, you may not believe it, more compliments with the cologne.
I find it better than the normal one overall. Don't get me wrong, I have the normal Aventus, Aventus for Her and the Cologne and I like all three very much. Aventus can smell a bit pungent and a bit annoying after a while, but the cologne always works It has already become a kind of "dumb reach scent" for me, but maybe only because he is just horny at hot temperatures!

SergioTSergioT 2 years ago
If Aventus is a Saville Row suit, Cologne is a Supreme white t-shirt. Way lighter, less smoky, with added citrus and vetiver. Not impressed.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Lighter and softer than main Aventus, toning down the fruit, smoke & spice. Fresher and easier to wear, but also not as exciting or nuanced.

by Scentaclaus
by Jeesab
by MarianoNoHe
by MarianoNoHe

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed