Aventus 2010Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Top 4 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli, Juniper berry, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.11.2020.

Why all the hype?
I realize that it's a matter of taste whether you like a scent or not The first time I smelled the fragrance on my hand I thought I didn't smell right. And after applying it, it didn't get any better. If I got on my bike, went out into the woods and rolled in the moss among the branches and grass. I think I'd smell exactly like Creed Aventus. But who wants that? Who's willing to pay that kind of money? What girlfriend / woman wants to smell that on her boyfriend / man? I don't know! But like I said. It's a matter of taste !!!
Warilol
3 years of Aventus - stories about falling panties, improved business relations and mysterious watering down tactics
It took me 3 years to approach my first Aventus commentary, since it was, as with so many perfume enthusiasts, the first niche fragrance to be added to the collection. But why even write a comment on this legendary little water, actually everything has already been said. The smoky pineapple, we all know that by now. I would rather like to use this comment to share my experiences with this fragrance, to discuss controversies and finally to draw a final conclusion after 3 years of Aventus.
1: Aventus the "Pantydropper" - From niche fragrance to status symbol

I don't really know where this sexist term had its origin, but probably it originated from the vulgar mouth of various influencers, who presented their so-called Parföng collection with the words "Digga" and "Brudi" to the average 14 year old followers on various social media channels. That's probably the reason why many perfumeries now only offer Aventus behind closed showcases, because it's said that the crème de la crème of the big city club scene not too seldom gathers in front of the capital "D" to have a shower with the legendary panty remover. One status to spray on please! Exactly here we have reached the first milestone. Aventus, once a hidden gem among perfume enthusiasts, has now become a viral phenomenon and status symbol.

Personally, I find this controversy rather smiling. Of course, I wore Aventus on dates and was, in a way, guided by its charm, but what can I say, to this day I have never received a single compliment from a woman when I wore this fragrance. I think we all know that a man who is aware of himself does not need a fragrance to win a woman's heart. Of course, a fragrance is a nice gimmick in the process of getting to know a person, but in my opinion a positive response about a perfume is first and foremost linked to the sympathy of the wearer. The term "Pantydropper" is simply shabby and the scent doesn't really deserve to be associated with such associations, what a pity!

2: Romance among men and improved business relations

While Aventus is usually not recognized by women and is considered an ordinary fragrance, it is a true magnet among men. I could tell you countless stories where I was approached on the street by strange men, who then got into conversation with me because of the scent and literally fell around my neck. It creates a certain kind of connection when someone wears an apparently "unknown" scent for which you had to pay a lot of money. Somehow interesting and I think this doesn't happen with any other scent. But it gets really exciting when a scent helps to give you a certain advantage or look at you in your job. As a test engineer, I am in close contact with customers every day, and I am usually on the road at all levels of the business. The other day I had to supervise an inspection in plant construction at a large chemical company. Several craftsmen and the technical manager of the company were scurrying about on site. After a short conversation, he began to sniff the air and replied only: "Who is wearing this perfume here? Hey, isn't that AVENTUS?" The craftsmen were visibly puzzled and annoyed, especially when he started to create a cloud of perfume with his notepad so that everyone could perceive the scent. When I said I was wearing the scent, he couldn't get out of his rapture. "Best perfume people, the man here has taste, but very expensive, 100 ml costs almost 300 €" I find it incredibly interesting what an effect a scent can have, even if he used it here to brag. Nevertheless, it has created a certain connection between me and the technical manager, my reputation with him has increased even more, completely independent of the technical component. I am sure that this is not possible with any other scent! Whether I find this good or bad, I do not want to judge at this point.
3: Batch hysteria, maturation processes and Creed's dilution tactics

No Aventus without batch discussions! That's something that just about every Aventus fanboy has to put up with in some form or another during his perfume journey. I too, especially at the beginning of my passion, have let this tiresome topic drag me down again and again. YES, the differences are there, definitely! Meanwhile it is probably no secret that earlier batches were "smokier", the newer ones apparently "fruitier". But honestly, what is the point of this insight? What is the point of this eternal search for the Holy Grail or batch? Constant checks of the shelf life on the back of my hand, is it smoky now, or rather fruity? Is it as good as my bottling from 2015, or should I rather spend 1000€ for a vintage batch? ERROR! At the latest after I tried all the Dupes out of frustration and copied Aventus already annoyed, I realized that I'm completely losing the fun of a fragrance whose DNA I actually find absolutely great and unique.

In my opinion, Aventus 2020 is still an absolutely great fragrance that you just have to give it some time to mature, which is exactly what happened with my bottle. After 3 years the shelf life of 8 hours is absolutely satisfying, while the fruity top note is still there just like the first sprayer.

I'm sure that the scent has been reformulated many times in the course of regulation, but somehow I don't care anymore as long as the scent creates magic when sprayed on and tells a story as it progresses. Why does a fragrance always have to last 12 hours? I'm now relatively relaxed and enjoy Aventus to the full, now even more than ever before. A fragrance that for me is still one of the best in the perfume landscape after all these years. It's been copied many times, but not a single dupe comes even close to the depth and quality of the original. When I spray on Aventus, I have the feeling of squeezing out fresh fruit on my hand. Nothing smells of alcohol, nothing is synthetic, just great!
Finally, a piece of advice to all Aventus wearers: Think less, enjoy more!
King of the Panty Dropper
HOLY. FUCK. And I'm emphasizing the saint. This is the first fragrance I was literally fascinated by. I had smelled GIT from Creed. Wasn't impressed for the price. Millesime Imperial, which I love, but not for the price. After these two I simply wrote off the Creed House as overpriced and the products produced as not worth it. However, I strolled through Neiman Marcus and tried to destroy the hype I was sure was hype. I was so surprised that I shouted "My God" loudly in the store. I've never smelled anything like it. I've never smelled anything like it. So incredibly unique. Inspired by Napoleon? I think it was. It smells like power. I understand that this is a disgusting statement, but it's consistent with my reaction and the inspiration of the perfume.

Upstairs upstairs: Pineapple. and fresh-cut, real, not synthetic pineapple. I detect a hint of blackcurrant.

Middle: starts smoking. I recognize birch all the way. Birch and patchouli with a touch of rose. God, it's so beautiful
Base: a base in oak moss / leather. It is said that leather is not a note, but I think the oakmoss / musk / fading fruits make a kind of leather accord. Divine. Literally.

Longevity: I have 9 hours on my skin and it was projected for 5-6.

I left Neiman Marcus with Aventus on hand to check it out with my chemistry and meet my girlfriend at the hair salon. I walked into a wall of compliments. Every woman in the salon was in awe. Leaving the salon, a male stranger came by, went back to me and patted me on the shoulder to ask what cologne I was wearing. This has never happened before in my life. I intend to buy the 4.0oz after my next payment period as well as the shaving balm. Before I smelled Aventus, I didn't think I'd be able to buy a $300 scent. But I think that's because I know that my search for my perfect / characteristic scent is over. I will always have a few staples in the collection; Fahrenheit, Encre Noire, Dior Homme Intense for romantic evenings. But I can never see that I like or feel that something suits me better than Aventus. And I must say it's a beautiful thing. This is the best fragrance I have ever smelled. Breathtakingly beautiful and seductively powerful.
Rolling in the forest
That was my first thought when I smelled the scent.
The fragrance is untouchable for many men and a friend of mine said she likes it a lot. They say women smell different. I asked my best boyfriend for his opinion and he said that it is already fresh but nothing he would really like. I had high expectations and was disappointed I really tested it several times and used almost 5 ml of filling. Anyway, I waited in vain for a slightly fruity/sweet opening by the pineapple and could really only recognize fresh, spicy/woody and green.
The longer it was on my skin, the worse it got.
This is a very green scent that has an association with the green shower gel from iam. Aventus smells to me what the green shower gel looks like. It's really such a fresh out of the shower scent, at the same time you could think someone has been rolling in the forest for hours or rubbed his body against trees. (Funny idea btw)
All Aventus lieber will hate me, which is ok. I just don't like the smell.
It smells high quality and has a good shelf life like Sillage. I like the bottle. The smell is just not my taste.
QuickNick
I can't go with you and I can't go without you. Maybe it's better without you
Please forgive this confusing headline. It's from a song by Peter Fox, which I love to listen to. But it is amazing how well this line describes my thoughts on Aventus. Why? Let's find out!

Well, at the beginning I would like to make it clear that I do not want to lose any lines about the structure of the fragrance. Especially with a fragrance like Aventus, I don't think this is necessary anymore (besides, many people can do this better than me). I would like to tell you more about my subjective perception and why I would call it "love-hate".

The smell is just great. It was probably - like many others - the first real niche fragrance and at that time it just blew me away. It was probably love at first sight, I had never smelled anything so great before. By the way, I haven't had this WOW-effect with any scent since then. Yes, I have got to know many beautiful scents since then. But I have never experienced this Aventus effect a second time. You can wear it anytime, I can't think of any situation where it would be unbearable. I also think that you can definitely smell the difference to some clones - contrary to some opinions. Whether this justifies the price difference, everybody has to decide for himself.

In short, the fragrance itself is a 10/10 for me, and yes, I mean that regardless of the batch. In my opinion you can overdo it. Give me a break! For people who are not willing to spend 79 hours searching for the best batches: Just buy the latest one, you'll smell great!

But why love-hate now? Well, perfume is a highly individual matter for me. For me, when I'm looking for a fragrance (and I'm still looking for it), it's important that I don't smell the fragrance too often in someone else's house. After all, it should be something I can identify with. Maybe I'm a bit weird about it, but when two guys smell the same at a party, I find it kind of weird and annoying. Well, I don't have to explain why that's a problem with Aventus. This smell (or worse: this "smell DNA") is everywhere, behind every corner.

To lock it up: I, like so many other fragrance fans, feel the same way about Aventus. The dilemma of Aventus, the worst thing that can happen to a 10/10 fragrance in my opinion. It gets overused and loses its luster. You hold it in your hand, knowing what a great fragrance it is, but you put it back. I know I do. How nice that the niche world exists!

A lot of words for nothing (new), but directly from the thinking machine. My honest impressions about Aventus

I want to like it - and I actually do
Hi perfume lovers,

I know Creed since a while but was never such a fan, I tested Viking in Galeria Kaufhof Berlin years ago and I was like, meh - not my thing.

Since Corona and the Jeremy, etc perfume videos, I found out about Aventus and easily it got to really high hype in my mind.

In the shops like Becker and Douglas, I sprayed it on clothes and skin and I was like .. where does it go, it is not so long lasting, but then I thought it is nose fatigue.
Recently I got a tester from a nice Parfumo member and wow what a nice scent when you feel that pineapple and all the fruity notes, really a joy to smell.

After few hours it was gone, I thought it´s nose fatigue and asked a colleague to tell me if he feels anything, from arm´s length nothing, only from close he said that there is something.

I kept spraying it because I like this pineapple start and the fruity notes, but it goes away fast. This morning at 10 I used Roja´s advise and sprayed it on clavicles, at 13 was not noticeable at all. If I rub the palms on the skin, I perceive some Aventus smell but otherwise is gone.

I do want to pay the price for a bottle, due to the hype and the nice fruity smell. But what is with this performance, really? My Montblanc explorer is noticeable way longer and has a similar fruity note.

I like Aventus but will not buy it with this weak performance.

Edit 23.10.2020:

I bought a 2020 batch via a sharing and was happy to finally have 50ml of this beauty. Well, the joy was short because it lasts even less than it did in the 5ml tester I bought on Parfumo. I am not sure if CREED wants on purpose to lose all its clients or it is only hype and was never long lasting but the people made it seem so.

My Montblanc Explorer is a beast in comparison, with the new Aventus batch I get maximum 1 hour of noticeable scent, then it goes away.

Smunitz
Still #1 after 10 years...
The hype about this fragrance is due to its versatility. You can blind buy this and 99% you will like it! The pineapple, black currant and green apple notes are unique, superb, exquisite and have been copied by many clones since, yet this remains my favorite in the group, in spite of high price. Good all rounder (day, night, winter, summer etc.). Not offensive, smooth, everyone loves it. It might not be the most unique Creed (Royal Mayfair probably is) but the biggest "one size fits all" issue since Green Irish Tween (which was the Aventus before the Aventus, sort of). First time I smelled it, I liked it but wasn't sure what the hype was about (this was 2013, so Aventus was a lot smokier back then). As I wore it and bought subsequent batches, I was realizing more and more the mastery of perfumery behind the scenes of what seems to be (at first) just an expensive slightly fruity cologne. Definitely try it, performance is not the strongest in the current formulation but definitely worth every penny. No clone or inspired creation can really fill the gap in my collection, so Aventus will always be on my shelf!!!
Fallen "King"
I am someone who prefers to write short statements rather than long comments. Especially with a fragrance that divides the masses it is not easy to remain objective. And yet something moves me today, maybe it's the just received 10 years edition. And only because the fragrance differs from my previous batches. Not minimal or hardly at all but fundamental. I smelled my first Aventus in summer 2014. It was the best batch 13ZZ01 for many. What fascinated me back then was the opening with the pineapple. The only reason why I bought Aventus again and again. Because I don't really like the rest of the process. And just to go into the batch differences, I had about 15-20 different bottles and the biggest differences are mMn. only in the opening. The further course is almost always identical or so marginal that you hardly notice it. But now back to the 10 Years Edition. The opening is something completely different, because I definitely smell a strong honeydew melon which surprised me. Pineapple and bergamot are only discreetly visible in the background. The honeydew melon is also well perceptible right down to the base. Afterwards it slowly says goodbye. After about one hour the typical "green" phase of the Aventus slowly comes through, underlined by a soft leather touch. No leather like for example Tom Ford uses it, i.e. this dense. It is rather transparent, discreet, light and just floats along. The last hours of the fragrance become somehow monotonously wooden with a shallow sweetness in the background.
On me the scent lasts for about 6-7 hours now and is only perceptible on the skin. The water is a little bit lukewarm.

Conclusion: The "King" has fallen and that already a long time ago. The differences in quality of the individual batches do not make it better. One smells like this and the other one smells like this. One lasts 4 hours and the other 12 hours
It remains a sovereign fragrance, but in the meantime nothing more. For Aventus fans I recommend the edition, simply because it smells completely different than usual. I would not recommend it to all others, especially at this price. There are so many beautiful freshies, it doesn't have to be Aventus for just under 300€ if you buy it in a regional shop
Scent Top - Rest Flop
For a long time I kept myself from buying this perfume. The reason for this were the widely divergent opinions, which are presented in this way.
If you find out about Creed Aventus on the Internet before buying, you will inevitably be confronted with the issue of quality differences between individual batches. I was not prepared to take this risk. But now I have come to the point of daring to do so. From the private environment I have been convinced.

Unfortunately, I was bitterly disappointed and now regret that I bought a bottle. A sample would probably have done the same. I bought the most recent batch at the local perfumery.
The fragrance is really great but the shelf life is very disappointing. More than 2 hours are not in it with me. Unfortunately for this price and the name Creed it is absolutely underground.
My experience with Aventus
A short summary of my previous experiences with Aventus:

- In my opinion, there are minor differences between the different bottles.
- I cannot yet confirm the criticised durability. Maybe in such a case you should spray a little bit on a garment and see how long the scent lasts.
- I wear it rather rarely and not every day. Usually two sprays are more than sufficient, because I don't want to "penetrate" whole rooms or my surroundings with Aventus. My Aventus therefore lasts for what feel like eternities - He is by no means one of those sweet mainstream scents and you should not expect corresponding reactions from the opposite sex.
- It is suitable for almost any occasion, although a smaller collection of fragrances could be a better choice for special situations. But all in all you can't go wrong with a discreet dosage of this fragrance, if you are not sure about the choice of your fragrance.

Many greetings

Mohdt966Mohdt966 27 days ago
If you can afford it, don't look elsewhere.... will be on top for some time to come...
GreMuserGreMuser 2 months ago
Still one of the best fragrances out there, period.
MuratArabaciMuratArabaci 2 months ago
You can spend so much money, hunting for the perfect clone... Save the trouble - just pay for the real thing, it is so much better!
Kazos07Kazos07 2 months ago
Overhyped imo. You will get compliments from men, but from women? Not necessarily
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 4 months ago
Nice scent, very weareable but the problem is that It has been copied too much time so It is not necessary to spend this money to smell this
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
B.2019. An intensely fresh and juicy, creamy fruity-woody Summer fragrance, balanced by a gentle dusty leathery base. Good performance.
Dan81Dan81 6 months ago
Roaming conqueror with a pineapple horn declaring his arrival. Perfect for spring/early summer outdoors in day time.
HullHockeyHullHockey 10 months ago
Hands down the best masculine fragrance ever made. This set the industry standard. Such a masterpiece when it came out.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
Fantastic fragrance. unfortunately longevity is lacking for something so expensive..that is shocking. Similar and much cheaper on the market
Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
A light and extremely refined unisex scent for a discrete but unforgettablle sillage.Perfectly balanced and perfect by day in every season

by Blödel
by Bajro96
by Bajro96
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by Youcef
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Creed

Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed