Aventus (2010) Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli, Juniper berry, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.10.2019

7.0 7.0 4.5/10

Caligari
His popularity HERE is inexplicable to me
Out of necessity, I ended up here three years ago. My favourite fragrance at that time was taken off the market and I had a great desire to at least compensate my frustration with a skipping action. So I was ready for anything. There should be no compromises, not even financial ones. 99.99% of the fragrances were unknown to me, including Aventus. But of course it didn't take very long until I stumbled across this scent here. The bottle, the name, the brand, the symbol, the ratings, the hymns of praise, the number of owners... It MUST have been my fragrance, especially since I searched without any restrictions. In some rehearsal convoy he was finally there and I couldn't believe what I smelled because of the rating and the many advance praises. The scent didn't appeal to me on any channel. Therefore I wrote with my limited experience no more than "light freshness" in my database and gave the school grade 4.

Well, after three years the fragrance found its way back to me again via a sample bundle and I thought that after about 2,000 more fragrances, I might have a more decided and possibly different opinion about the fragrance.

Far from it. Nothing's changed. At the most, that the distance to the fragrances, which I consider to be really good after about 2,000 tests, has increased further. In fact, I don't remember much more about this fragrance today than I did then, although I should now have much more experience.

He is little and at the same time he is not very much. He's not
- Noble
- Exciting
- Sublime
- Complex
- Sexy
- Natural
- Markant

He is reasonably sporty and not even fresh with brilliance, but in his limited freshness trimmed and dull, tendency dull and certainly very artificial. He's not a loose cannon, not even worth considering. He's a phenomenon.

This is my isolated opinion and I am happy for every owner who sees it differently in his favour.
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

The price of hypes ..
I have to admit, I was totally foxed by the hype about the Aventus and bought it after extensive testing ... simply because I found it convincing.
(And I still find him convincing.)

There are umpteen opinions about the Aventus and it polarizes like hardly any other. For some it's overpriced and overvalued, for others it's hard to get around.

For me, neither does him justice.

I actually find it expensive, but not boldly overpriced.
Where do you start and where do you end? Everyone will find fragrances that do not suit him or that resist him to be overpriced. Subjectivity plays its tricks on all of us again and again, and I don't even take the liberty of doing so.
In the end, the market regulates the price in a very disdainful way.

The ultimate fragrance - to which he likes to be stylized - he is certainly not.
For many it is the Non plus Ultra, for the respective lover personally also rightly so.
Only if one is very enthusiastic about something, one tends to proclaim this enthusiasm and one's personal opinion as absolute and triggers with it, of course, headwinds from all those who see it - in whatever way - differently.

And there he stands, the Aventus ... between these fronts and in the whirlpool of the still persistent hype, a well composed and interesting scent is ground to pieces, talked into bits and pieces and talked to death. Not to mention all the batch discussions.

And there's just a solid men's fragrance here, which of course can't do everything, but it can do a lot. It has an exciting course from the citric opening with perceptible pineapple to a pleasantly bitter, fresh and gently consistent masculine tone. It lasts very long and projects very strongly at the beginning, but then quickly becomes more discreet and withdrawn without hiding.

I hope that the hype around him will slowly subside again and the pictures of some influencers who are enthusiastic about the Aventus flacon and hold it in their cameras with pithy words will disappear from our minds.
Because then remains what the Aventus really is ... a great made and worthy fragrance with great performance.

But those are just my 2 (s)cent ;)

Salve
Leave the church in the village
When the fragrance came on the market, I was naturally very excited and interested because the opinions were positive. So I got myself a bottling. And lo and behold, it is really a very pleasant scent. with which you can do nothing wrong. The pineapple note was new for me and therefore something very fine. I'll be honest with you. At the end of the day you get a solid fragrance that hasn't changed the world for me personally. Theme value for money at Creed is simply underground compared to other fragrance houses.

Accordingly, one should really leave the church in the village, because with Aventus, another criterion plays an important role in the evaluation, namely the name CREED. I recognize the same phenomenon in Guerlain, where sometimes completely unaccommodated scents or scents that are not even in the beginning contemporary, as felt the blood of God is worshipped. In order not to appear incompetent, many jump on the train and chatter the same stuff.

The dilemma of Aventus is that there are now a variety of fragrances that are almost identical. Hardly any person on earth could quickly recognize any differences by passing by. It really became clear to me while strolling in a ZARA. There I got myself a 10ml bottle of Vibrant Leather
for a perceived 99 cents. Practically a price-wise joke for a little water that lasts the whole day and has little difference to Aventus.

If it is important to you to have the true origin of this line with a beautiful bottle and is uncompromising fragrance lover, you can buy the fragrance without a guilty conscience. All others should look around a little, because the twin fragrances are "almost" as good"
7.0 7.0 6.0/10

Jakobolino
Do I have to write something in there now???
Hello guys, I want to tell you today how nice a day is with my new friend Aventus and have an ultra fat job as a sandwich designer. Where, I can't tell you because it's in my contract. So I, first dough and right out of town and a bottle of Creed cleared. A little heavy on the price, but I'm making a career out of it. I threw it right on and Alta eats it hard. First comes a crass lemon where you already think...yes, now I just nothing. But you can imagine. I jump so through the Town and the Chicks... brutally...! I walk past them like this and they turn around and ah and oh. You didn't believe that. Later, the part then blow-dries off so judiciously. Then becomes fruity or smoky. That depends on which bottle you get, because there are numbers at the bottom of it. As with the Kümmerling...hehehe. So I'm gonna go check out clothes at the mall first. A bride comes by and asks me what I need. I say I need you, baby! And I know what, Homi, she's laughing and thinks that's probably because of the great scent. I'm leaving! I got the number straight away and we're going to the movies tonight. I swear, it's precipitous! So whatever it takes, get that thing. He also keeps ultra-fat long and the salesgirl also said something mim ass would be good too. So bro, listen to Dad, get the stuff and get the snails ready. Someday you'll be like me... fat success.
8.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Adige batch
Yeah, the batch thing. Until this fragrance became known, the majority of mankind probably did not even know what a batch (or batch code) is, let alone how much the quality of a fragrance can vary from production date to production date.

For the preliminary information: I am discussing here my first and only bottle of this perfume, the 16J01. According to the internet, this is a very high quality perfume with a balanced smell - neither too fruity nor too smoky. I won't go into the grades, others can do better here. God and only a few perfumers know how the 11Z01 must smell.

Now my personal Creed story:

Boredom on the Zeil in Frankfurt, on the way with a buddy. We go to the Douglas (is it allowed to write this out at all? Douglas? DOUGLAS. DOUGLAS!!!!), past the make-up unsightly dolls with more color on the face than Stephen King's Es, want to sniff around a bit in the men's department. At this time we only know the popular designer brands like BOSS, Armani etc. We don't even pay attention to the Creed shelf, especially as the fragrances are strangely not available as testers at all - only the packaging with the two swords can be seen. That doesn't arouse any interest. The situation is comparable to that of a prudish woman: There's plenty of others waiting for you, so why open your mouth? Men, lazy young men. Men who like to smell good. So: keep sniffing.

After a few minutes the only competent employee of the basement approaches us and offers her help. She would like to know what we are looking for. Well, I decide spontaneously and completely taken by surprise that it may already be a male-woody little hint. Not a bad choice, as it turns out.
First question: "Have you heard of Aventus von Creed?" Creed? I know the Apollo. He's had his ass kicked by the Italian Stallion. The smell says nothing to my buddy and me. The lady opens a closed drawer at the bottom of the shelf (Uuuuh!) and pulls out the bottle. "This fragrance is something very special. You certainly haven't smelled anything like it. I even wear it as a woman, even though it's actually for men. Even after washing my clothes, I can still hear him on this one. I'll spray it on for you, but please don't decide right away. Wait at least an hour. I promise you'll like it." You probably can't praise any other fragrance with such self-confidence. Just the Creed Aventus. In my opinion rightly.

We get one or two sprays each. My coat collar is happy. Smells good, yeah. But that stuff doesn't smell that bad yet. The price of 180,- for 75 ml cannot be justified at all (before the price increase in ca. 2018 there was better quality in other sizes - instead of 50 and 100ml there were actually 75 and 125 ml at cheaper prices!).
We thank you and go back to the Zeil. Sniffing at ourselves all the time.

"Wow, what's this?", "This stuff is getting more and more intense!", "How horny does this smell?", "Would you believe a time traveler that Donald Trump will soon be US President?", "What's this horny perfume?" - instead of receiving compliments, we gave ourselves some. Also a variant.

One thing's for sure: this stuff has to come here. But not immediately, because the price... the price...

But at some point you can't do without it. The collar of my coat smells WOCHENLANG like Aventus. I order a bottle for my buddy and me - namely the no. 16J01. We don't know anything about batches yet - we only know that Aventus is just horny at that time. And we're just lucky we don't smell any different from the Douglas copy. Since then it has always been the same situation: Every spray hurts physically, as does the sight of the bottle getting empty and the fact that now only a faint smelling liquid with the same name is sold at a higher price, which can't even begin to hold a candle to my (let alone the older, even better batches) water.

By the way, I recently smelled an 18 for the first time. The complexity and outstanding strength have passed and a completely overstrained fragrance has remained at a ridiculously high price. I would rather pay 180,- for 30 ml of my copy than 100,- for 100 ml of the new Aventus. That's how different it is for me. Shame on you, Creed.

In any case, Aventus has been worn almost only on special occasions and very rarely in general since the beginning - perhaps once a month, but then with 7-10 spray shots. The durability is enormous, the Sillage probably also (my nose only perceives myself anyway), the development from fruity fresh to smoky (after several hours) is always elegant, smooth and incredibly exciting, because you always wait for the first signs of this typical Aventus smoke
And even though I probably didn't get a single compliment for Aventus from a woman (Pantydropper? No, that has always been the indescribable ADG Profumo, the alpha man in liquid form) - men know immediately. A Creed disciple simply knows immediately when another Creed disciple fills the room with his smoky Sillage. Only those who have waited a few hours for the smoky flair to unfold are cool.
With this scent, customers have already filled entire counter halls of banks within seconds and almost triggered a fire brigade operation, that's how smoky it can be. What a horny stuff.

My 75 ml-Flanker is in any case only to one quarter full, that of my stingy buddy still to approx. three quarters. You may guess three times who will soon be allowed to sell his Aventus. This 75 ml flanker is then kept by me YEAR LONG until it has the value of the Ark of the Covenant, and then I buy myself an island from the eBay proceeds. I'm optimistic. Aventus is not the best perfume in the world, but somehow it is the King. A king who's just miserably thanking.

The collar of my coat doesn't smell like the day I discovered Aventus anymore. But I'll never forget this smell!!!
Oh yes: Ätschi-Batch, I still have a damn good copy!

PS: Shit, I wanted to be first.
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Light and shadow
At the start you are greeted by a clean, fresh citrus scent that clearly brings bergamot. In the further course a slightly bitter note became noticeable on my skin, which became clearer and clearer until the end. Somehow the scent looks familiar to me after the good prelude. I'm floating a 90s fragrance my father could have worn before. All in all, the scent can last a working day without any problems, but after a few hours it seemed quite sterile and dry to me. Unfortunately there was no further fragrance development at my place, except for the bitter note. So I notice that the scent doesn't suit me. A suitable perfume should also not interfere with the meal, that would be the case here with me. I can't understand the good rating.
8.0 6.0 5.0 10.0/10

The legend Aventus !
You had to assert yourself in this world and you did too
You were a world champion to whom I succumbed.
Couldn't resist you.

You brought me into the world of niche fragrances, for that I thank you.

But also you have to step back slowly, because you are not as strong and sovereign as you once were. Unfortunately :-(

You are loved and hated at the same time.
You were king to me, but you've changed!

You've done well for years, almost 10 years.
Had many opponents who also hit hard, but you never gave up and stayed true to your iron path.

Your time has come to say goodbye.
Even a world champion needs to know when it's time to stop.

You're a legend
Creed Aventus :-)
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Liebesengel
165 - it remains exciting!
Kö in Düsseldorf. February. I have an appointment for breakfast at Heinemann's. It's too soon... Boredom makes me go into a perfumery. The first thing that catches my eye is HE. He, the current perfume god for many male colleagues. He's enthroned in an extra square. "Well, I'll test him now!"

The salesgirl was super nice "Oh, the Aventus... Yes, it's a status perfume. "You'll make any man happy." Counter question "And the woman?" She smiles, "Yes, of course, I can only confirm that!" "No, for myself..." Short irritation and reaction "Yes, then I will gladly show you Aventus for Her". No, I'm good. Filling from Aventus is not possible, much too expensive, too precious. But she was so nice and sprayed me generously on my wrist that I immediately printed on my neck to learn more about the scent. WOW! That knocks me right out! Short faint...

Breakfast at Heinemann's. My date - my car'ti buddy. We know each other since eternity and share a passion, cars. Today in the program unique sports car exhibition in the art palace "PS: I love you". He smelled it right away, "Today you kind of smell special... special... hmm..." - "Sexy?" Laughter.

"He can't guess, he has no idea about perfumes, he doesn't buy them because he always gets them from me ;-) "Aventus!" - "NE! Him? My boss always uses it... But I have to tell you, it looks better on you." Laughing again.

The exhibition was great! The elegance, the design, the stories - absolutely unique. My buddy's running with his red-hot Lumix. I'm sitting next to BMW, with whom I fell in love immediately. And something disturbs me immensely... some smell... No, not from the hot sleds - I like it... Something completely different... Ah, Aventus! I sniff my wrist and notice that I would like to wash it out directly. Worse still, I have this under my nose, on my neck...

I am not enthusiastic about this fragrance development, but my buddy is! "I heard he was supposed to be a panty dropper," he laughed. "Definitely wrong - more like a boxer dropper. It really looks good on you!" I consider this a compliment and know very well that he will never buy Aventus in his life, neither for himself nor for his girlfriend.

At first I found this Aventus stunning! An explosion with fine floral-fruity aromas that are very beautiful and require attention. You want to dive into this fragrance and breathe in deeply! After one hour Aventus changed his face and became penetrating by a juniper note... For me unpleasant and from then on I did not like him any more. His fragrance was for me not round or tuned, but angular and irregular. BUT, he's been calling for attention from start to finish! He has a lot of charisma and wants to present himself consciously. Yes, Aventus - you are unique... I also found the durability on my skin very convincing, only not to my advantage.

What would this perfume world be without him? Aventus moved them! And it still does... after nine years. Whether you love him or hate him, this creation is a masterpiece! What I don't understand - all the fuss about compliments and panty droppers!

Guys, you're worth more than our compliments and our pantys ;-)

Why 165? That's the 165th scent commentary!
10.0 7.0 6.0 9.5/10

Maexishd
The HSV among fragrances.
To compare that in a somewhat proletarian way. For me, Aventus is the HSV of the perfume world. While the HSV could still be found regularly in the upper third of the table a few years ago, they now play in league 2 for 5th place - Unfortunately

We don't need to talk about the top note of Aventus. 3-5 sprayers and it hails compliments in the first 60 minutes. - If anything. When I bought my first 75ml bottle of Aventus in 2014, I put something on at 7 in the morning and at 18 in the evening ddr Dönermann asked me what I would wear there.

Now - 5 years later - I have to spray at least every 2 hours. And that's the sad thing. You've become so accustomed to receiving compliments from Aventus that you stay hungry. Unfortunately, from year to year the shelf life and the Sillage gets worse. For me still one of my favourite fragrances, which unfortunately disappoints me more and more. Whether I cream my neck with Vaseline after a shower and then apply Aventus, or whether it's clothes. It is unfortunately only perceptible at the smallest distance.

Even if it is still a top fragrance.
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Creed Aventus
Large force
Something bitter
Too much of everything
And yet not too little
And not quite so charming
After the man who wears this scent you will turn around
Remember
Is unique
Fruits and some smoky wood
A certain charisma is needed
8.0 9.0 8.0 8.5/10

3lbows
Often copied, often achieved.
You all know what Aventus smells like. That's what I'm assuming now. If not - just scroll down! That Aventus is a well made, also innovative men's fragrance I don't have to tell anyone.
But wait! I'm not supposed to like him! Aventus is a statement, a political issue in the perfume world. Saying "Aventus" is almost as bad in our community as saying "Jeremy" out loud or testing scents after reformulating them.
There are the panty-droppers who swear by its aphrodisiac effect. There are the nouveau riche beginners, who have him besides Reflection Man and Oud Wood also, the savers, who can pray down all clones including daily prices and differences in performance, and the scent elite, who have to find him vulgar, vulgar, to save their face.
So you can only really enjoy it if you don't have anything to do with scents. The average consumer has never heard of Aventus or smelled of it. Immediately after spraying on, it would smell a sweet-citric, slightly smoky aura, woody, masculine, well dosed in the Sillage, persistent and noble. He would definitely notice a difference in quality, to Cool Water, to Joop Homme, to Irish Moss, or whatever he wears. But then he'd have his jaw folded down, whether of the price he'd have to push down for 50ml.
What about us perfumes? Our passion is sometimes worth a lot to us. If I sum up how much I have already invested alone in blind purchases and bottlings...
The Aventus DNA seems to be easy to copy. Just take Armaf's CDNI or Al Haramain's L'Aventure. I own the latter myself and I can't really tell a blatant difference. It may be a bit more citric in the top note, but Drydown and Performance are more than comparable. Others also succeed in imitating the Aventus aura, at least in the fragrance tail. If you're looking for this for other high-priced niche fragrances, such as Amouage's Reflection or Marlys, you'll have to make much bigger sacrifices. Moralists will do the devil and reward houses like Al Haramain or Dua Fragrances for their craft. However, I see this more pragmatically and calmly, because nobody is holy on the market of supply and demand that also applies to perfumes.
And if a DNA like here Aventus is so much cheaper to image, then it can't be that far away with high-quality ingredients. It remains to be seen whether Creed has invested EUR 150 more in intellectual achievement in the creation of the fragrance than other companies in comparably successful / valuable fragrances But the bottom line for me is a special, formative, polarizing and at the same time handcrafted fragrance, interesting and relevant. And by the way, I wear it - or rather: L'Aventure likes to wear it in the office when it's supposed to be something citric.

Kashan
My perfume journey began with you, Aventus.
Applied as a teenager the perfume of his father or friends, without deepening the art and questioning the actual effect of a fragrance. This was my striking relationship to perfumes and scents until 2017, when I began to look more closely at the subject.

I remember the first day of my trip. "What's the best perfume you know?" I asked a good friend, who often struck me with his fragrant scents. "Honestly, .... Creed Aventus," he replied. Neither Creed nor Aventus were known to me, because in my world I only knew something like "Joop", "One Million" or "Jean Paul Gaultier".
I decided to go to a perfumery. When the nice lady asked me how she could help me, I replied: "Creed Aventus, I'm looking for Creed Aventus". Her smile told me she knew exactly what I was talking about. She sprayed the scent onto a test strip... "This is the best scent?!" I asked myself. I was disappointed, but something told me I should buy this fragrance despite the price. I couldn't explain it until today, but I had the perfume bagged. Before I left the store, I put a good drop on my wrist, maybe it works better on the skin, I thought to myself.
Then I went to a nearby shopping mall, I was still in a shopping mood. A few metres from me stood a consultant who looked around quickly. She murmured to herself, "What smells so good?".
A short nose on my wrist to check if the scent is really present. Then I asked her, "Excuse me, is this it?" and stretched my wrist towards her. "Yes... wow!" was her short answer.
At that moment I knew that something was in Aventus, that I probably can't smell at least at me, but the people around me. I was really wondering how I would react if I smelled someone with an Aventus aura.

Then one day I met a friend, the room smelled incredibly good and I asked him immediately: "What perfume are you wearing?! Please don't tell me it's Aventus!".
His answer: "Yes, Aventus."

Now it was clear to me what others smell when someone wears Aventus and the scent discreetly fills the room.
This fragrance was now over two years my Signature Scent, but due to the hypes I look around for other fragrances, although it is still first class!

My journey began with a tall animal, so my bar will remain high.
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Destination
The scent of scents. I had bought a 100ml bottle and have not regretted it. Why not? Why not? Because the fragrance suits all occasions without disturbing me or my fellow men. Some fragrances do not bore Aventus after some time. Creed actually did it. Right now I have GIT, too, great. I'll try more of Creed.

Fragrance: I really like this first impression of the pineapple. As if a pineapple would burst before one from which a smoky and woody (pencils from the pencil case) smell unfolds. The scent has depth and I like it. He never gets bored.

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Fraqmental
The Holy Grail. .... or not...?
Also at the risk of being olfactorically disassembled by various perfume enthusiasts after this comment, I want to give my personal opinion about Aventus as a "little hobby collector". Some people may even wish for this more than a complicated breakdown of all notes and ingredients, which makes them even more insecure about a purchase than before.
I, too, appreciated the opinion of "mainstream people", beginners, ordinary mortals or whatever they might call us names, more than that of the die-hard enthusiast who is allowed to own collections with several hundred niche scents.

Even though I am now very unwilling to buy blind, especially with higher-priced fragrances, Aventus made me get it for myself - simply because of the fact that there is probably no perfume on earth that is more polarizing than this and I wanted to find out for myself what the hype is all about. Quite deliberately, without first smelling a sample or filling.

People who say they wear Aventus less often simply because of the fact that so many people now own it, you smell it so often and it overcomes to the mainstream scent, I can't quite follow.
I already had a lot under my nose but the scent DNA of Aventus was nothing for me at the first sniff, where spontaneously some other scent shot into my head, which smells the same or even similar. Admittedly, I have not yet dealt with Aventus clones - yet I am sure that I have never consciously perceived Aventus in another person. If we are honest - who knows Aventus? I don't mean here by people like us, here in this forum, whose great hobby it is. I mean people like my work colleagues, my buddy, the cashier in the grocery store or even the eager co-worker in the local small Douglas store (she wanted to tell me last time I was bottling Dior Homme perfume that it smelled just like Dior Homme, only stronger - and the Dior Homme Intense was the most intensive. And then one wonders when he comes home with a perfume that was turned on, which smells completely different than pretended...)
No, I mean normal people. They don't even know there's Creed, let alone what a niche scent is. It's a rarity that you're even aware of someone who's applied perfume - and if that's the case, it's usually Bruno Banani from the drugstore or the new boss, because he was presented beautifully decorated on a pedestal at the Douglas entrance.

Even far away from the batch discussion (which I won't go into here), I get a very fruity pineapple note right at the beginning of my 2017, next to a deeper, smokier and fresh undertone. This pineapple then gives way after a while and what was previously only perceived as secondary now comes to the fore. As if you were lying a freshly cut pineapple with a few spices in a silk cloth and smoking it very slowly with low heat over still gently glowing beech wood. The fruity is perceptible to me until the end, even if only gently. What remains is a (yes) smoky note with a very beautiful depth and a fresh & at the same time calming undertone.
Durability & Sillage is outstanding with me, I could still sniff Aventus at my wrist the next day after countless hand washing & a time showering (at 32° and 24h later) - even if only more than skin tone.
I don't know how other batches smell and differ or how long they last. I only know this one Aventus and never smelled another one before.

Do I like him?
Yes, very much so.
Is he a compliment monster on me?
For that I probably carried it still too little but first opinions of interviewees go rather in the direction of "hm... yeah, it's pretty good."
So far no crazy reaction, where strangers want to gnaw my skin off, because I come across so fragrant.
Would I give a newcomer a buy recommendation without testing him first?
No, he (for me) is simply too little "special" & simply too expensive.
Do I regret my blind purchase or would I buy it again?
Do not regret no, despite the price. Buy more? I'm not really sure yet and want to wait with my judgement, because for it is not the holy grail in my collection and there are definitely more beautiful scents.

Another note to the Aventuslovers among us - forgive me for not going into the composition of the fragrance very carefully, but this has already been mentioned here (and better than I ever could) and also that it is not the one and only fragrance I want to die with ;-)
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The Conference
Mascat (Oman), 13.06.2019

On 13 June 2019 the annual perfume conference "Smell Well like Hell" took place in the capital of Oman. Topic this year: "Aventus - Myth and Reality". The international perfume umbrella organisation PIFA had invited. In the following, central passages from the lectures of three keynote speakers will be reproduced, which should illuminate the phenomenon Aventus from different perspectives. It should be noted that the conference is funded by four major perfume lobbying associations: Back to the Ouds, Vetiver International, Greed International and Mademoiselle Chantal.
The statistical perspective (Prof. Dr. rer. parf. h.c. Adam Pineapple)

"(...) Having probably bored you with my introductory words, I would now like to take a somewhat objective perspective on the Aventus phenomenon, or rather: a more objective one. In one of the world's largest perfume forums (Parfumo), Aventus' fragrance receives an average score of 8.5 points on a scale of 10, based on 1659 scores, with the batch code included as a covariate in the calculation. We are dealing with a left-leaning distribution - if one is allowed to say so at all with such a variable categorically interpreted there ..."

Interjection from the auditorium: "All right, Prof! And what does that mean now?"

Pineapple: "Hm, well, I'm actually just delivering numbers and analyses, no interpretations ... Um, I think it's very unlikely that Aventus is a particularly controversial fragrance (even if a review of relevant comments and statements would suggest that). But then a two-compartment distribution with many negative ratings would have been likely. However, this is a selection sample and the high cost of the water is ..."

Interjection: "Aha?! So Aventus is pretty popular with most people as a fragrance, right?"

Pineapple: "This seems a little too undifferentiated to me. Aventus should be a good to very good fragrance, taking into account the measurement error, at least on average, whereby future research should pay particular attention to relevant perfume-socio-demographic variables such as gender, age, region of the perfume, previous perfume experience, but also to confounding variables such as mood at the time of spraying, temperature, presence of pantys and many other factors, and ..."

(...)
The philosophical perspective (Dr. phil. frag. Ambrosia Moos)

"In his epoch-making essay, "What's it like to be a bat?" (Engl. "What is it like to be a bat(chcode)?"), the US-American philosopher Thomas Nagel resolutely opposes so-called reductionist efforts with the highest argumentative rigor after self-experiments with the chemical warfare agent "Bat" by zoologists. His thesis: We can still collect as many "objective" facts about a fragrance as we want (e.g. concerning its composition, its and our temperature, psychochemical connections, ...), we will never, I emphasize: NEVER know what it is like to be an Aventus, um, I mean of course how it feels, smells and what it does with you to smell, perceive or dream Aventus, to smell it. That's really a complicated thought, I admit it. At the same time, however, it frees Aventus from scientific, reductionist considerations."

Interjection: "And what does that mean now?"

Moos: "First of all: Thank you very much for your interesting and profound question! That's a really good question. Hm, please let me think for a moment ..."

(Mrs. Moos' official lecture was finished at this point. In the early break, a few conference topics discussed with Chablis, stimulated and increasingly animated, the logical (in)possibility of the existence of Aventus-Dupes and its ontological independence.)
The Perspective of Religious Studies (Prof. Dr. Jasmin Rose-Apfel)

"(...) I would now like to briefly go into the "Golden Calf" from the 2nd book of Moses and build a bridge to today's Aventus cult, which has probably long since passed its zenith ..."

Occasional boo calls from the auditorium.

"... Aventus is by no means to be understood as a golden calf, but as an untouchable, sublime, superior entity that does not tolerate a king next to it, at least the disciples of this cult, who have historically been living in this world since 2011 A.D. ...

Heavy booing. A panty meets Mrs. Rose Apple in the face.

"... in contrast, however, to the concept of the Trinity, the cult of Aventus assumes a multiplicity, namely from - more or less controversially - hierarchically ordered so-called batches, which, so to speak, together form the All-One, the Aventus ..."

From the auditorium you can hear unpleasant interjections like "You atheist cow!" Several shoes hit the lectern. Mrs. Rose apple can save herself through a side entrance.

(...)

Those who had not fallen asleep after a total of twelve hours of controversial lectures applauded enthusiastically at the end of the conference. For reasons of volume, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with a summary of the many other exciting lectures (Aventus from a literary-historical, comparative ethnological, psychological, biochemical and quantum-physical perspective).

But we have captured for you, dear reader, in the foyer of the conference hall a few more voices from visitors of the conference ("How do you actually like the Aventus?"):

"Ey, this is absolutely blatant, a revelation, these are the tears of God in a bottle of diamond! He's flashing you, it's not bras flying, it's panties on stage! The King, there's nothing against Elvis. So sublime, genius, I feel ten times more confident when I spray this on. I don't wear Him, Aventus wears me and at the same time I fly. ... Why are you laughing?!!"

"I don't see it as complicated as these ladies and gentlemen scientists. I have a bottling of Aventus, batch code, um, wait a minute, oh, no matter ... Anyway, it's in my bathroom and every few days I feel like carrying it to work. And then I spray it on myself. Got a dozen other scents. Likes them all."

"I find that completely overpriced. Good smell, but also a status symbol of some people (in Germany probably less than 0.05 % of the population, even if they say they smell it EVERYWHERE). The Dupes are doing the same for me. The fragrance is important to me, not the brand or any cult, even if you can hardly say that openly nowadays, as Mrs Rose-Apfel has proven."

"Well, I think it's possible to overdo it. This is a fragrance that I personally like very much with its freshness and masculinity. It can be used flexibly, holds well and is almost never out of place. Others like him too, or they don't. That's perfectly okay. It's just a scent like any other. His goodness depends on our feelings, not on the scent itself."

"I think it's gnarly that a single scent can do something like this. Just sit back and enjoy. If the old knight can do one thing, it's entertainment."

We are happy to announce today that the next "Smell Well like Hell" will take place in California. "Oud 66 - Save the bald eagle."
7.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

The ex-girlfriend
Aventus and I are a love-hate relationship. Like my ex-girlfriend and unfortunately only great love.

We can't be with each other, but we can't be without each other.

Every now and then I love her, the other times I hate her.

Although somehow I always do both at the same time.

That's why I just insert a text into her, which she got as a letter after our separation from my 17 year old me (OK, that was also only 2 years ago)

"Hey C**,

i hate being without you. Even though it was complicated, every second with you became a moment for my eternity.

You're you and I'm me, so there's no we, but I forget to forget you.

I don't want you back, no way. But my heart won't let you go either.

The time was too beautiful and despite the circumstances I lost more tears out of joy, emotion and laughter than for bad reasons. There was much more light than shadow. For that I thank you"
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Condorpilot1
Someday "The King" will have to abdicate...
Well, actually it's hardly worth writing anything about Aventus, so much has already been said about him everywhere. I haven't been in the "Fragrance Game" too long, so I can't make any statements about older batches. Apropos batches - with Creed Aventus it's like this for me: There's the science of perfumes, fragrances, compositions from all areas etc. and besides that there's the science of Creed Aventus. Almost so fanatical that it is like a cult within the fragrance community and he is called the "king" of all fragrances - woe betide you say anything against Creed Aventus.

As already mentioned, I have no comparison to older batches (if I can believe the batch gems), I'm just describing my impressions of the current 2018/19 releases. And these are disappointing for me by the bank away. I don't know where the hype's coming from. Yes, the scent character is really pleasant, fresh, fruity, pineapple, just great. But when I think about Aventus and what else I read or hear about Aventus, it's that pineapple character paired with smoking. Maybe comparable to a grilled pineapple over a campfire? Well, I take almost nothing of this smoking. It seems the scent is just watered down. And due to this lack of smoke, it quickly drifts into a mainstream direction, at least my opinion. But no wonder, Aventus is by far shelf life and Sillage are unfortunately mediocre on my skin.

It remains pleasant throughout the entire fragrance and I can imagine wearing it. But do I really want that for this high price? No, I don't think so. I'll be scourged but I'd really rather wear my Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man, maybe soon also Pineapple Vintage Intense, who knows... As long as the clones of Aventus don't get in the way
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

This is not a comment
because I'm not going to go into the scent in its individual parts and course here. I guess everything has been said about that.
Just this much: Aventus is not worse, but completely overhyped. When I wear it I don't feel the need to turn in circles or do one-armed push-ups. ( I prefer sports without scent ) Also do not fly me rows of Pantys too.
When I bought it, I didn't know this forum or Jeremy. That all came later and I must honestly say: If I had known the videos of J.F. at that time already, I would never have bought Aventus. (Although, as I said, he's no worse (Aventus, not Jeremy))
But what makes this Creed unique is the perfect marketing about Jeremy, Batches etc. which let Aventus stay in the conversation and create this hype which the Aventus in my opinion does not do justice to in any way. Sure, it's a very pleasing fragrance that doesn't rub off (because it simply lacks the real corners and edges). He is also wearable on every occasion and tries to please everyone, which he manages to do reasonably well. Durability and Sillage are also OK, although not outstanding. The price? Much too high, but here it is like with all other "luxury goods": You pay for a feeling - and yes, I paid the price. (Had I already mentioned that the Aventus is not a bad scent in itself?)
My problem: the more he gets hyped, the less I like to wear him,
But wait, there is one thing that makes Aventus unique: In combination with disinfectants (the good ones that are also used in OP's) it changes incredibly. All the other perfumes can't keep up, are either getting weaker or just gone. No, Aventus transforms itself into a completely new fragrance, namely like a meatball! Not such a tranig, rancid but a very fresh, still warm butcher's meatball. Absolutely delicious and appetizing. That my impression does not deceive me confirms me also my dogs, which stick to me then with the noses formally at the arm.
That's very nice, but to be honest, I'd rather not smell like a meatball. So watch out if you're wearing Aventus and have to work with disinfectants. Unless you're dogcatchers, let's get to work.
10.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Wattenscheid
Real Madrid is the best team in the world
A conversation between schoolchildren.

Kevin: Real Madrid from 2016 to 2018 was the best team ever, 3 times CL winner.

Sasha:
No man, the galactic with the batch code 2000 to 2006, those were the heroes.

Hans: Aventus? Um, I meant real? Never ever, this team is being hyped unjustly.
Barcelona is more successful with less transfer costs. E.g. Messi 0Euro and holds for over 10 years.
Look at C. Ronaldo koster ca. 90 Mio and doesn't last that long.

Kevin and Sasha:
And why is Real CL record winner?

Hans: And who was the last Master Aventus or Barcelona?

Kevin and Sasha:
Yes ok batch 2018/2019 was really not good,
but you should have seen Figo, Beckham, Zidane, R. Carlos
Hans:
Real Madrid is not good PUNKT.

The teacher Mr. Wattenscheid comes in
Mr. Wattenscheid:
Hans you stop annoying and provoking your schoolmates from now on.

And to everyone: There have been better times at the Los Blancos than last year, but Aventus is still a royal one.

People I didn't want to write comment number 200 Mio about Aventus in which I describe the fragrance, others can do better.

And yes, I've been a big fan for a long time. I also think it's nice that not everyone has the same taste, but the compliments from the environment show again and again how good the scent really is.

Also I belong to the disturbed people who believe in these Batch Stories, therefore I find the current price for the current years of construction too expensive.

In former times everything was much more beautiful, as so often in life :(
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

What can I say to that?
Aventus... difficult to write a comment about such a fragrance known as "The King", which is so much discussed. I'll still dare, but similar to my first comment on La Nuit de L'Homme, I won't go into the scent process very much because of the different batches.
For a long time the smell was so unapproachable for me, I guess on the one hand because of the price and on the other hand because one has so high expectations sometime because of the endless debates about it, that one thinks one can't be surprised greatly.
At some point I ordered a bottling and have to admit that he really impressed me despite the high standard he sets for himself.
One reads a lot about batches and is quickly overwhelmed if one does not deal with it, finally I decided for a bottle with the batch 17W11 (only for those who are interested).
Personally, I find pineapple in a fragrance almost perfect, I just like the smell, but that's probably subjective. The problem for me was that I sometimes thought that after about an hour I would no longer perceive the scent, which also turned out to be subjective. A little story about this, four hours after I had asked him, I met a friend who was travelling with 3-4 girls. After a short conversation I moved on and a few minutes after I arrived home I got a message from her that her friends all said how good I smelled. This astonished me myself because on the one hand, as already mentioned 4 hours after spraying, it was "only" three sprayers and also in a free environment. The Sillage and durability is thus far better than thought.
Even though the fragrance has its opponents, who are probably also to blame for its own success, I think it is still one of the best on the market at the moment.

Catarina 155 days ago
Really overrated and over expensive! But it is a very nice unisex beach scent!+3
AmberScent 169 days ago
The pineapple-birch combo is very appealing indeed mainly in the smoky batch. Only then the Aventus scent may turn out to be addictive.+4
Pio 7 months ago
Fruity, fresh and citrus. Great scent. The only bad thing is that there are far too many clones out there. Victim of its own success.
KingPin 8 months ago
Ok, I know everyone and their horse has already said it, but this is great stuff.+1
KLewis 14 months ago
Everyone's favourite compliment getter from Creed.
It is a great scent but it's also overpriced and overhyped.+1
Carlitos01 14 months ago
Nice & pleasant & lovable & well blended & alluring & overpriced & overrated & over cloned!
I wonder about the over cloning real damage?+14
Tagazeu 18 months ago
Nice but not breathtaking as I was waiting from the multiple positive reviews.+3
StarA1 20 months ago
The best that can be smelled of men's perfume ... its only flaw is
its exaggerated price
Rsi 23 months ago
The only KING of parfumes+2
6.0
Giesta40 24 months ago
Piña colada for summer days. Perfect pineapple, fruity, fresh scent. A must have scent.+2
6.0
Syed 3 years ago
Aventus - Prepare for the ride of a lifetime !!!!+2
Simovacchi77 4 years ago
A perfect sillage, simple notes but unforgettable..a unique sensation ...a must have for every man+2
MSD 4 years ago

by Dachauer85
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Viking by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed