Aventus 2010 Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Top 5 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli, Juniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.05.2021.

Hype or worth?
What can be said about this perfume that hasn't been said before?

It is a trendsetter and perhaps the most influential perfume within the entire community. Each of us has contributed to it because, sooner or later, we came into contact with this fragrance, our curiosity was awakened, we tried it out and formulated our own thoughts around Aventus. The choice is usually twofold: hype or worth.

The general consensus seems to be that the value and importance of this fragrance is recognized and acknowledged, but that, in the end, it is mostly a lot of hype. The perfume market is diverse and broad, with countless beautiful fragrances on the horizon. I would recommend you to don't get stuck with this one scent but keep on smelling in order to broaden your horizons.

In doing so, we are also fulfilling our moral obligation to keep learning.

Life long learning, as they say.
TomGehFord
A confession of addiction.
"bnib" - brand new in box
"tint" - yellow-greenish coloring
"grail" - grail (especially good batch)
"vintage" - all batches from 2010 - 2013
Nerdy, right? "Aventus" - "masterpiece" or "aftershave"?

Aventus is rarely described as I think it deserves to be. He is not a fragrance that you buy blindly and immediately like. For this he has too many variations (more on this later).
He is initially fruity-sweet, but sometimes also rather citrusy, slightly acidic. After that it becomes woody, I mean smoky, but actually also no more. Sometimes it smells dirty. But it can also be very floral. Huh?

There is basically not the "one" Aventus - you probably already know what I'm getting at: the batches. Over the years, you basically have differences like night and day. Why the fluctuations?
Stinginess? Marketing? Natural ingredients and their varying harvest quality are often cited as the reason. However, four reformulations to date (the latest in late 2019) are also to blame.

In the following, in particular, the differences and the development over the years should be shown in more detail - statements such as "aftershave" are namely comparable to "Is just a Western" as a conclusion to "Play me the song of death". Unfortunately, many portals like eBay, the Facebook marketplace etc. are full of partly absolutely professional refills or fakes, which you can partly only recognize by an "o" instead of a "0" on the batch label - or by the kind of the glued cellophane. Some who are talking about aftershave here, unfortunately, never got to enjoy the original Aventus.
In 2010, the journey began that could be a completely different perfume today. It was the time of the smoke. No, dear ones - your 2019 bottles no longer contain smoke.

For those who didn't smell Aventus back in the day, here's an example description of batch 13Q02: Imagine being sprayed with a modern-day Aventus, standing at the grill for two hours. Your shirt eventually smells completely like BBQ: the birch tar says hello. When the smell of the fruity pineapple mixes with the BBQ, you have Aventus 13Q02 - a grilled pineapple, as it were. This is exactly what happened to me recently when I was walking past a BBQ party, drizzled with Batch 19S41. I was instantly in 2013.What memories!

Fans love the old stuff, and prices go into four figures.
There was also the "ashtray" style Aventus from 2010 to 2013 - those batches were particularly extreme and were basically just liquid smoke and a leather touch. Definitely much more niche than today. The performance was "stellar", as they like to say. Brutal sillage was no exception.
Therefore, anyone in the community who mistakenly calls their bottles "smoky" after 2013 is immediately "tarred" and feathered. Every newcomer must experience this painfully - also

Over time, the topic of "grilled pineapple" was ticked off due to regulations, and Aventus was allowed to be "only" fruity to woody. The oak moss also had to be reduced. Finally, at the end of 2019, it hit Lyral. However, this does not mean that you now "finally" have identical Aventus batches. No, each batch is still more or less distinctly different from the other, and even more so from the older ones. Even the fruit at the beginning can be dimmed, so you get a "darkventus" like batch 17N01. If the vanilla note is strong, one speaks of "bootybatches" - alluding to the fact that women go for it, e. g. 16A01.
Since e. g. these batches are particularly popular, they are appointed "grail batches" and may also cost more than others. An overview of all batches can be found in the respective groups.

The problem of negative reviews on the performance of Aventus has always existed, but often unfairly. The reason is the anosmia triggered by the fragrance. Scent blindness sets in after 15 minutes for some, and after two hours for others. Since a residual perception is still present, one assumes a subterranean durability. This is not the case. I myself perceive the fragrance with a scant few hours - however, it smells in the air and for others much stronger and more present. This is proven by the comments of the people around me. Sometimes, ten hours after spraying on, you can still smell my "cloud", claims a colleague. This pleases me, of course, since I do not notice it myself. At the same time, I can confirm this. Customers who also wear the Aventus, I sometimes still smell an hour after they have already left - an unsettling phenomenon that unjustly costs many durability points! Yes, newer batches are weaker or don't smell as "strong" or "juicy", but the difference in performance is not as enormous as it often seems. The only way to find the right batch is by testing bottlings en masse - after all, there are hundreds of batches.

As for prices, they fluctuate constantly. Brand new bottles you basically buy abroad, for example at "noseparis". Here one paid until recently only 210€, since 01.04.2021 but 250€, thanks to renewed price increase by Creed, or Black Rock. In D you pay already longer almost 290€ for 100 ml. Private purchases are cheaper, but often enough buyers put for their favorites also significantly more - the buyer determines the price, and one ALWAYS buys! The price hustle is exciting and badass.
As of May 2021, the following prices (exceptions for "grails" possible, price per 100 ml) are appropriate:

2010 - 2013 - min. 800€
2014: ~700€
2015: ~600€
2016: ~500€
2017: ~400€
2018: ~350€
2019: ~300€

A big problem are fakes, which can catch even professionals. Even if the bottle is real, the ring under the spray head is made of plastic and the batch code exists and the packaging has no white edges, fakes are possible. Particularly often faked are the batches 15X21, 16C01 (everywhere on eBay!), 19P01 (with almost perfect packaging), 20B01 (missing the "N" at the end), and many other variations, such as travel atomizers a 33 ml. Resourceful crooks refill original bottles with so-called "stray cat piss" (i.e. a faint, yellowish scented liquid), according to joking fan jargon. Some collectors have a batch collection worth over €10,000.

Aventus can have the side effect of making every other fragrance "stink" against it. There is Aventus, and there are perfumes. On the one hand great when you finally arrived - on the other hand, you almost wonder if that was it. Everything else smells somehow artificial or even repulsive.
The money saved goes instead of other fragrances now in certain batches. Why not in clones like CDNIM, Explorer, Cedrat Boise, etc.?
In short, these absolutely do not compare and in no way offer the addictive, incredibly natural scent of the "King", which connects (and also shares!) more than any other perfume.

Aventus is, in my opinion, exactly how a man should smell - I thought that back in 2016 when I first smelled it, and even more so today. It's the absolute top, the definitive 10/10, the perfect scent, thanks to which I had to sell almost all other fragrances and am now well into the double-digit litre range of batch collecting. And I fucking love it!
My "grails?" 16J01, 18G11, and 19S41!

Smell well.

Once upon a time..
This was once the best male fragrance ever before the hype.
17Y01 was my favorite batch (had several of them), before i realised i was trapped in the web of “Wich batchcode”..
i loved you once upon a time... but now it’s time to move on!! Overhyped sadly but with Every batch smells different ...sorry.. we are Into niche & we work for our living !
Giacomo01
Am probably the only person who does not like the scent
Picked up a bottling here at Souk the other day, and this is the first time I've had a bottling of the scent.
I smelled it a few times here and there before and always liked it.

The top note is an 8/10 but after that comes iwann so a mossy musty smell that I just can not stand at all. I'm probably one of the few that goes like that.
Exactly the same mossy smell has one also in the Cedrat Boise, which is why I assume that I do not imagine it but actually this DNA is.
Personally, I just don't warm up to it and don't find it particularly pleasant when I smell it around me.
Smells are now times subjective ??♂️
5.5
Who are you?
The name often falls, the word to the fragrance, Batch belongs to Creed as for us the portal Parfumo.
I was curious had previously also already the known Dupes here.These have me already somewhere said Hey madness super made...great fragrance.After long consideration I have then said to me just get you this fragrance in the original and test it, try to understand what everyone is talking about / have talked.

I find it very weak for a company that a fragrance is not always that or will as it should.Why only known in this fragrance the problem?Should I play the lottery before buying and hope to get the right batch and smell what Creed has hoped and thought at the time?
Full of anticipation and curiosity I tested it then not as a bottling but directly in the bottle.Well what can I say ...
You buy a beautiful Porsche, and you get a Dacia.
The first seconds super, but then the not smoky but rather smoked note? what is that? what is that supposed to be?
Yes of course many push it on the batch.
But at such a price I demand now times the full power and what Creed wanted to say with Aventus.sad the Dupes there already present more like the original.
I could write forever further and also swear.But it leads to nothing.
For me, Aventus has failed...
Love-hate relationship.
Who does not know him?
I discovered the fragrance in 2014 through a friend, when he told me about the reactions & compliments of the people, I thought to myself only the exaggerates yet. I had never smelled him, knew him only from stories, as in the storybooks. So I made myself on the way to the mall to test it.
No sooner said than done. On the test strip first smelled, no wow effect. It was even rather a bit boring. Put directly into the jacket pocket and on to my appointment. About 2-3 hours later I noticed that the test strip was still in my jacket pocket and I remembered there was something. 2. Try, I smell the test strip and stop short, because I do not come clear on the scent. Never to before smelled something so beautifully balanced. I must add that it was 2014 and I knew until then no non-fragrances and only times in Douglas now and then was shopping. My mind is really going crazy and I'm not exaggerating. It was immediately clear to me, I have to have this fragrance. At the time I was still in training,so this fragrance was extremely expensive for me for then 180 Eur 75 ml.
I saved my money for the fragrance and bought it after a few months.
I really only sprayed it on special days or on dates.
And every time I sprayed it on, there really wasn't a day where I didn't get a compliment. The stories of my friend came to my mind and I just thought to myself, the really has not exaggerated haha.
Well... Time passes and since I used this fragrance so rarely as it was like a treasure to me, I still had this bottle half full until 2018. It was also always enough to use only 3 sprays for the whole day.
In 2018, I then got a bottle as a gift. Lo and behold, there was the 75 ml variant no longer! Since I had hardly dealt with the perfume world up to that point, there was a big question mark in my
Head and I googlete after. Eventually I found out that the 75 ml and 125 ml bottles had been discontinued. From then on my journey in the perfume world has also begun, because then I realized ,that there were differences between batches etc.
So why did I call the title "love-hate"
For the following reasons:
He has been remade or cloned too many times ,not really succeeded in my opinion but so that almost everyone can run around with the Aventus DNA which makes it not so special anymore. Again, I love him so much that I can not let him go.
Its durability and sillage, is no longer the Selbe , as before. Nevertheless, comes simply keim Dupe ran to the fragrance, no CDNIM or otherwise, for me, these fragrances have only one thing in common with Aventus and that is the pineapple, but more also not (My opinion).
That was it already. The fragrance itself have already very many well described here, so I'll save you the copy paste :)

Sausage magnet sports car
Aventus: Sausage Magnet Sports Car

For all the dudes out there who wear fragrance in hopes it will get them a woman.. don't buy the overpriced cherry red Ferrari or lime green Lamborghini. Believe me, it will only attract more attention from other men than from women.

Aventus is just that - the overpriced sports car you purchase but then through experience find out that more men will come up to you to talk about it, than the amount of women who make mention of it

*long-time Aventus owner here, so I'm not just bashing Aventus simply for the sake of hating it
NickSace
Fresh becomes rotten and cardboardy
I got to know Creed Aventus a few years after it was released. Must have been around 2012, 2013. The first time I tested it, I did not want to have it true that something so special has hardly gained popularity. That was at that time actually still so, only a few which dealt more often and more intensively with perfume knew it... the fruity-fresh Aventus. Unfortunately, it became worse and worse in my opinion, whether it is because of the fragrance itself or because of the fact that it has become so worn out I can't really answer. Fact is, I thought it was a masterpiece for a few years and it was not "ordinary", but extravagant. This fruity freshness smells to me now like rotten. It was basically the optimal fragrance which perfectly fit the description man/manliness. I see the fragrance Viva la Juicy or Hypnotic Poison in a similar way for women. Both of these scents radiate pure femininity. This optimally defined "gender DNA" of Aventus here no longer exists for me, unfortunately. The character of the fragrance is kaputt and also its status.
Is he still worth it?
Ah yes, Creed Aventus... For me, my first non-fragrance and forever a love. However, this love is somewhat tarnished by the (almost) perfect dupes, especially at 300 euros.
The top note is indescribably good, which makes no one like this. Fruity, masculine, fresh. The rest you get unfortunately in every dupe...
Nevertheless, great and fresh fragrance I do not want to miss in my collection.
ScentGuy
Mirror, mirror on the wall...
"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the best men's fragrance in all the land?"

"Mr. Reiter, you are the b...
Oh Lord, I'm so sorry, but I just can't lie to you any longer: It WAS you!"

But from the beginning:

Once upon a time there was a young prince, in search of a new fragrance.

After a long, arduous journey with exhausting detours through the dangerous and treacherous Dsquared Swamp and overcoming dangers in the Gaultier Mountains, where the exceedingly terrible Le Mal creature was up to his mischief, he finally arrived in the glorious Creed Land where pineapple juice and currant syrup flowed and he let himself fall into the soft oak moss, exhausted from the long journey but satisfied to have finally arrived...

All's well that ends well, right? Thought:
Then the conniving and greedy stepmother came along and reformulated and sold and watered down and now everything just sucks!!!!

Aventus, Aventus, how I loved you! Hot blooded, devoted, heartfelt and sincere! I never gave a damn about the batch disucussions, always trusted you and you never let me down!

You were my second great perfume love and it was love at second whiff. Like perhaps many of us, I became aware of Aventus through dear Jeremy, back in: 2015. I went into the nearest turquoise and searched around for Aventus. At first, though, I got a little suspicious because while the beautiful packaging was on the shelf, the tester that came with it was missing. When I asked if I could have a sniff, the nice saleswoman took the tester out of a drawer downstairs and sprayed the scent on my left wrist. My first impression was sobering: fruity, fresh, but far from what I would have hoped for or even dreamed of. I left the store somewhat disappointed and drove home. There, my nose was attracted by a scent which drifted from my left wrist. A scent composition like I had never smelled before. I could not keep my nose away from my wrist! Fresh, fruity, woody, herbaceous with a character all its own.

(A detailed description of the scent I save myself, to this was already reported by many members in detail and better than I would be able to)

From then on it was clear: THE I must have!

At that time still in the training, a bottle was much too expensive for me, so I went on the search and was quickly found. I bought certainly insg. 100ml in the form of bottlings and was never disappointed. 2018 I then struck at a discount action and bought me the 50ml + 250ml bottle with 2017 batch at a more than attractive price at the turquoise D.

Aventus was my signature fragrance for over 3 years and there was practically no fragrance next to Him. Then came back a few more fragrances, as I wanted to save Aventus for special occasions. I found that it had become too everyday for me and should mean something more special for me again when I wear the fragrance. In my eyes, it should also be saved for special occasions and events, but that's just my personal opinion.

Now some time went into the country and the last 50ml bottle was nearing the end. A good friend, who also became an Aventus fan through me, made me aware of the reformulation of Aventus and the sale of the Creed house. As written above, I've never really given a damn about batch discussions and have always been more than happy with the performance. Since I wanted to save the 250ml bottle for later, I unceremoniously bought a new 50ml bottle with a 2021 batch. And what can I say, the scent is still the same, but the durability has become really underground... this also has nothing to do with variation or eventual maturing of the new scent anymore.... i strongly assume that for margin reasons, something fundamental has been changed. And this from me, who has never believed in the Aventus scare and haunt stories!!!

With this fragrance I really associate a lot but with the current performance, I can unfortunately no longer recommend this fragrance, certainly not at this price. Who still has the old version: Top! The new I will no longer repurchase and head at times my Schüttflakon ...

In this sense: and if he has not died, then he gallops still today ... and if not, well then maybe soon comes an Intense version on the market. But then I've already run far away and hid from the cologne....

PS: my rating refers to the "old" Aventus, whatever that may mean ;-)

MrLawmanMrLawman 23 days ago
Aventus didn't only cause earthquakes in the community upon its initial release, it also made "reformulated" the most over used word ever.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
The opening is fruity with dominant citruses (but I don't smell pineapple). The birch gives it a smoky facet. The drydown is woodsy.
RonniweRonniwe 3 months ago
La primera Fragancia nicho que compré y no me arrepiento. He probado clones y ninguno llega a la calidad de esta.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 6 months ago
If you can afford it, don't look elsewhere.... will be on top for some time to come...
GreMuserGreMuser 7 months ago
Still one of the best fragrances out there, period.
Kazos07Kazos07 8 months ago
Overhyped imo. You will get compliments from men, but from women? Not necessarily
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 9 months ago
Nice scent, very weareable but the problem is that It has been copied too much time so It is not necessary to spend this money to smell this
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
B.2019. An intensely fresh and juicy, creamy fruity-woody Summer fragrance, balanced by a gentle dusty leathery base. Good performance.
Dan81Dan81 12 months ago
Roaming conqueror with a pineapple horn declaring his arrival. Perfect for spring/early summer outdoors in day time.
HullHockeyHullHockey 1 year ago
Hands down the best masculine fragrance ever made. This set the industry standard. Such a masterpiece when it came out.

by Blödel
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by ThodorisS3
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Creed

Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed