Aventus 2010Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Top 4 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli, Juniper berry, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

8.0 (2027 Ratings)

7.7 (2026 Ratings)

7.9 (1976 Ratings)
Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.09.2020.

Still good?
Preface
In the following I will try to reflect my very personal impressions and experiences with/about Creed Aventus. I am currently concentrating on the Batch 19P11, because I am currently using it.

Creed Aventus always opens in the top note with a great, sweet and pleasant pineapple, which then slowly recedes to make room for apple and bergamot. Unfortunately I don't smell currant here.

After a while the heart note begins, where I can easily smell the birch and something else, but I can't place it, does patchouli? Or juniper berry? I really don't know, because I have never smelled these notes separately. Unfortunately I don't smell jasmine and rose here.

After several hours the drydown begins, where slowly but surely the musk and ambergris take the lead. Unfortunately I don't smell oakmoss and vanilla here. But maybe the vanilla is worked in so tenderly that it is not perceptible for my nose
At the very end Aventus ends with musk.

Unfortunately, as you could read, I do not perceive all the notes, but this may be due to my skin and/or nose, since every person feels differently and perfume develops differently with each person.

The Sillage near Aventus is good, one can still smell it from a few metres distance. But here, as with all other perfumes, it depends on how much splash you use.

Durability
Depending on the batch and probably skin type, the shelf life is sometimes good and sometimes less good. Unfortunately I can't name a time, because everybody just has to try it himself. On clothes Aventus lasts for days!

Fortunately or sometimes even to my regret, perfumes often last 8-16 hours on my skin, whereby MFK Grand Soir even makes it to 28 hours for me

Flacon
There's nothing to complain about, pretty and high-class. I also like the shape of a transparent flask made of crystal glass very much, which makes it stand out from other flacons. Whether leather wrapped or just a label, Creed flacons always look high quality and beautiful.

Final words! Final words! Creed Aventus smells very masculine, adult, high quality or expensive, sometimes a bit harsh (through musk and ambergris) but noble.

I see Aventus more in an adult man from 25 years of age with a suit or business casual.

But points are deducted from the price here in Germany. The current price (2020) is already 300€ for 100ml, but I think it is cheeky and unfair, because you can order or buy Aventus in France for 210€. 210€ is still a little bit too much but the price is more reasonable than the partly 300€.

I recommend Aventus to anyone who wants to smell high-quality and grown-up, or who works in an office or holds a management position. Creed Aventus m.M.n. is also very suitable for meetings or festivities such as weddings. For dates and dinners as well, if anyone wanted to know.

Small criticism besides the price: The meanwhile 10 official Dupes (unknown number).
Fallen "King"
I am someone who prefers to write short statements rather than long comments. Especially with a fragrance that divides the masses it is not easy to remain objective. And yet something moves me today, maybe it's the just received 10 years edition. And only because the fragrance differs from my previous batches. Not minimal or hardly at all but fundamental. I smelled my first Aventus in summer 2014. It was the best batch 13ZZ01 for many. What fascinated me back then was the opening with the pineapple. The only reason why I bought Aventus again and again. Because I don't really like the rest of the process. And just to go into the batch differences, I had about 15-20 different bottles and the biggest differences are mMn. only in the opening. The further course is almost always identical or so marginal that you hardly notice it. But now back to the 10 Years Edition. The opening is something completely different, because I definitely smell a strong honeydew melon which surprised me. Pineapple and bergamot are only discreetly visible in the background. The honeydew melon is also well perceptible right down to the base. Afterwards it slowly says goodbye. After about one hour the typical "green" phase of the Aventus slowly comes through, underlined by a soft leather touch. No leather like for example Tom Ford uses it, i.e. this dense. It is rather transparent, discreet, light and just floats along. The last hours of the fragrance become somehow monotonously wooden with a shallow sweetness in the background.
On me the scent lasts for about 6-7 hours now and is only perceptible on the skin. The water is a little bit lukewarm.

Conclusion: The "King" has fallen and that already a long time ago. The differences in quality of the individual batches do not make it better. One smells like this and the other one smells like this. One lasts 4 hours and the other 12 hours
It remains a sovereign fragrance, but in the meantime nothing more. For Aventus fans I recommend the edition, simply because it smells completely different than usual. I would not recommend it to all others, especially at this price. There are so many beautiful freshies, it doesn't have to be Aventus for just under 300€ if you buy it in a regional shop
Scent Top - Rest Flop
For a long time I kept myself from buying this perfume. The reason for this were the widely divergent opinions, which are presented in this way.
If you find out about Creed Aventus on the Internet before buying, you will inevitably be confronted with the issue of quality differences between individual batches. I was not prepared to take this risk. But now I have come to the point of daring to do so. From the private environment I have been convinced.

Unfortunately, I was bitterly disappointed and now regret that I bought a bottle. A sample would probably have done the same. I bought the most recent batch at the local perfumery.
The fragrance is really great but the shelf life is very disappointing. More than 2 hours are not in it with me. Unfortunately for this price and the name Creed it is absolutely underground.
My experience with Aventus
A short summary of my previous experiences with Aventus:

- In my opinion, there are minor differences between the different bottles.
- I cannot yet confirm the criticised durability. Maybe in such a case you should spray a little bit on a garment and see how long the scent lasts.
- I wear it rather rarely and not every day. Usually two sprays are more than sufficient, because I don't want to "penetrate" whole rooms or my surroundings with Aventus. My Aventus therefore lasts for what feel like eternities - He is by no means one of those sweet mainstream scents and you should not expect corresponding reactions from the opposite sex.
- It is suitable for almost any occasion, although a smaller collection of fragrances could be a better choice for special situations. But all in all you can't go wrong with a discreet dosage of this fragrance, if you are not sure about the choice of your fragrance.

Many greetings

Intimate perfume = No!
Intimate perfume = No!

I cannot understand the grrr element associated with Aventus.

I don't mind sniffing Aventus in social situations, but if it's long term, it bothers me, because the pineapple is a bit stubborn, stays and remains fruity. I believe that it causes olfactory fatigue and stimulates my nerves when exposed for a long time. That's why it has never appealed to me as an intimate scent.
I think Aventus belongs to what I call "one-dimensional" perfumes; they have a broader appeal, but they do not touch us so deeply in our soul and in time.

So, to summarize my report: Aventus is beautiful, but too expensive and overrated.
Luckaffe
Conclusion of a fragrance novice: Exceptionally mediocre.
To put it nicely: fully ripe pineapple meets smoky notes.
My impression: The attempt to keep a pineapple that is about to run out of its shelf life edible with a grill/smoker.
Personally, I miss the slightly citric effervescence of a beautiful pineapple. The tart notes are not quite my cup of tea. It should be said that I am not the biggest fan of tart scents. But this - let's call it - "healthy respect" is something that other fragrances like Dior's Sauvage and Terre d'Hermès know how to overcome much better Directly after the application I take the different (but probably not all of the above) notes still differentiated. After a few hours they become weaker and form a halfway pleasant, tart and fresh unity. I don't perceive a big change of the fragrance character. I wish for such steadfastness also from other fragrances. After all, I usually like to keep the best scent for as long as possible, although slight changes can be interesting. The shelf life is decent.
The bottle appears to me simple, noble and of high quality, which has its charm. I do not find it really beautiful. Rather unwieldy, but with the amount of brands and perfumes, it depends more on the design.
For me Aventus is not worth the price even after several rounds (still?). In my opinion there are better alternatives from other brands and also better scents from Creed. This may also be due to the batches I tested, where nuances can vary, as I read here. But I didn't pay attention to these and I think that a customer doesn't have to, because it should be the responsibility of the manufacturer to ensure sufficient consistency.
Opinions differ and that's good. Criticism must be allowed and ideally it brings you forward.

Very original...3 years ago... :(
I had tried this fragance 2 years ago un a perfume shop and i remember to have thought "i dont understand the hype with this fragance". However i go on still thinking "It should have something which makes all the people LOVE It".

The i was working un a hotel and i could note which clientes used this perfume so i thought " yes this is special"...

Then i ordered cdnim and i thought " if this really smells the same...i wouldnt pay 300€ for It...

And now i have ordered a decant from yuniqu so i Will give you my impresiones (not a proper review of the perfume because there are thousands here):

1) comoaring to cdnim they share a very similar opening but aventus chages quicker and cdnim keeps the citric opening more time. The dry down is very similar and the performance too.

2) comoaring with the Zara duoes (Zara IV, Zara roch leather, Zara vibrante leather...) Are more similar to the dry down for the beggining but have a shorter longevity. Just in case 30€ un front of 300€ loosing only 2 hours...i dont know...

3) i must recognize the good job that creed staff did when thwh create aventus doing one of the most copies perfumes. However now It is possible yo have a very similar effect for mucho less money so...i wouldnt soend this amount of money un the creed one...

4) i would use my decant Happy but i wouldnt buy It again...

Scent: 9
Longevity: 6
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 4
Versatility: 9
Originality: 10 (they were the first)
Global: 8
Rule violation Batch A4220A01N
This is it.
For mooonths of time I occupied myself with the subject of Creed Aventus, once I did not even want it Then 4 months ago in our top perfumery in Graz where you can really test everything what the heart desires after countless different perfume tests on this day at the end of the Aventus sniffed and I was not really enthusiastic about it (Batch n.A. and nose was also already at the limit). So I left the fingers of the famous Creed representative. However, my passion for perfumes grew more and more and then I inevitably read into the topic Aventus. Now there you find the wildest stories and conspiracy theories...Batch 16 17 18 19 etc. However, it then aroused my curiosity to try this fragrance again or to own it right away. So I started to search in our beautiful souk and waited for the right moment. And waited and waited and waited and waited, but yesterday it was so far! Against every Aventus rule (no new batch, not even a 2020) I bought the newest batch of all, and first of all, I DO NOT REPEAT! After the first sprayer (at work) he opened with a silage that everyone within a radius of 10m looked at me in amazement and people asked me what a great scent it was. The first 10 minutes are dominated by a splendid pineapple followed by a hint of apple and sweet berries, also the bergamot is very present. After that the birch comes into play and then it becomes really masculine and glorious. In the first 2 hours the Sillage is really mighty after the 3rd hour you notice that it slowly becomes less, from the end of the 4th hour on there is only a small cloud which says HALLO and disappears again. The durability is really strong, I sprayed Creed this morning around 10:00 just after the arrival of Mr. Creed and now (20:18) I am lying on the couch with my daughter who is just smiling at me for writing an essay about a perfume and she still takes the scent. So my conclusion:,, Dare to buy a 2020 batch you will not regret it, it is really great! Sillage I find top, durability more than sufficient and the scent? The scent is just awesome.
So now I too have contributed a small part to the great Aventus history. I will now take my daughters to bed and wish you good night. Bye

That's it?
I recently had the pleasure of trying out what is probably the most hyped niche fragrance currently available.
In the run-up to the race I was very busy with the batches, but was only able to get hold of one 19P11, which many consider to be one of the weakest.

First of all: I can't really get on with any of the head notes, because I'm more the spicy, oriental type. Nevertheless I was very curious
During application:
I sprayed 2 squirts of the scent on my wrist and I was baffled. "Was that it?", "Is that coming?" "That's got to be like 300 bucks."
I really have to say that the scent is not bad, but it is really not special and not worth the money. Of course it is an advantage of a fragrance if you can wear it all year round, but here I am really disappointed. I felt like I had Versace Eros on my wrist with Aventus on my wrist (no front against the fragrance ;) ). It really wasn't a special feeling and that's why Aventus doesn't come into my collection for the time being.

"A fragrance must trigger emotions and connect you with them" - unfortunately, this is definitely not the case with me!
TomGehFord
First comment as a small Wiki - unfortunately shortened, since only 7500 characters.
"Aventus. Opinions range from "masterpiece" to "aftershave".

And yet the fragrance is rarely described in the way I think it should be. It's not always a fragrance you buy blindly and instantly like. For that it has too many variations (more on that later).

It is fruity-sweet at the beginning, but sometimes also rather citric, slightly acidic. Afterwards it becomes woody, I mean smoky, but actually not any more. Sometimes it remains fruity. It can also smell very dirty, but sometimes only clean. Hä?
There is basically not the "one" Aventus - you probably already know what I am getting at: the batches. Over the years you basically have differences like day and night. So how do you judge a fragrance like that? Why the variations?

Stingy? Marketing? Often the natural ingredients are also mentioned as a reason. However, four reforms that have been made so far (the last one in 2019) are also to blame.
I know, for example, that IFRA regulations in 2013 and 2014 respectively and the subsequent removal of the birch tar have removed the earlier known smokiness (I will go into this in more detail later).

But as an "ignorant" person, how is one supposed to find the right batch for himself? And do they really all smell so different? Are there good and weaker batches?

Enclosed is a small wiki. In particular, the differences and the development over the years are to be shown in more detail - statements like "aftershave" are comparable to "It's just a western" as a conclusion to "Play me the song of death".

2010 to 2013: The legendary "vintage" era. Birch tar creates smoky campfire or forest fire associations. Pure ashy smoke!
All fragrances have always been weighted and matured differently, giving each batch its own flair. Due to their age and limited availability, all vintage batches are popular - especially good and rare ones are called "Grail batches" (i.e. the holy grails). These would be e.g. 11Z01, 12E01, 13ZZ01, the list is by far not exhaustive. It is also important to mention that "Aventus" must be allowed to mature. Certain notes become stronger over time, others tend to disappear. B + S usually become better.

Nobody here suspects yet that Creed will later, thanks to his success, even open a new boutique on Madison Avenue in New York (Erwin Creed admitted in his best English in an interview).

2014 - 2015: The smoke says goodbye, because birch tar is said to be dangerous. Aventus is becoming more fruity, and is now defined more by different weightings of fruity and woody notes. Purely fruity batches are also to be found here for the first time - with the woody notes in the background.
Particularly popular batches include 14L01 and 15X21 - really weak ones are not yet to be found here either; however, some people claim that 14F01 and 14G01, for example, drop a bit in performance.

2016: In my opinion, this year is a little bit lonely - and it also represents my personal premium year, because in this year I bought my first bottle of Aventus.
I smelled 2016 batches particularly often - and the differences within this year could be enough to introduce several flankers in other houses.

H + S are often still comparable with the previous years. But if you compare two batches, e.g. 16E21 with 16H01, between which there are only two batches, you might think you smell two different fragrances. While 16H01 is perceived as a rather light version with a fresh touch and dimmed woodiness at average performance (I can confirm this as the owner), 16E21 smells so dark and damp-dirty that you think you smell the rainy meadow of a farm. The performance is also hours longer. With 16E21, you are virtually surrounded by a stuffy-warm, dirty cloud - described in terms of colour, "dark green" or "brown" would be absolutely correct. Not much sign of fruit. And it is still the same scent! "Fruity-fresh"? You see - yeah. And that was just an under year comparison "Grail batches: 16E21, 16J01, 16K11, 16L01
Not so often searched: 16F01, 16H01 (both in my possession, the 16F01 is strangely enough extremely similar to the 16E21)

Incidentally, this is where the conversion of the 75 ml and 120 ml flacons to 50 ml and 100 ml took place. At the same time the prices were raised, which earned Creed the nickname "Greed".

2017 - 2018: Shift towards fruit and partly also "beerig" and "vanillig". The "bootybatches" (quasi the "female magnets") have a vanilla base. Woods in the drydown can still be heard, but the musk is more apparent. Particularly popular in 2017: 17S01 and 17T01, among others, while 17R01 and 17Q11, for example, tend to fall off and are not traded so high.

2018 also has some garnets to offer, such as 18B11 (my only 2018 batch and at the same time known as a unique "fruity pebbles" batch, almost like a freshly opened, bubbling pineapple spritzer in the top note!), but also 18K01 as a relatively single "Berryventus" with a berry flair. 18G02, for example, is not really popular because of its performance. Once again: Lists are not exhaustive. :-)

2019 (until 19U11): "Fruity-fresh" is still the most common. Aventus" no longer really has anything in common with the vintage years. Basically, you would have to create almost several pages for the fragrance on parfumo.de, divided by years. Since the 2019 batches are still available, I compared some of them with each other.
If you take 19U11 and 19S41, for example, you get a similarity of about 70%. While U11 offers a super-ripe, sweet, fresh pineapple (and mE otherwise little), S41 with its dimmed pineapple and at the same time better perceived apple reminds me of a 2016 - and has significantly better durability on my skin.

Few popular batches are not to be mentioned, because in 2019 a lot of people have come to the topic Aventus as a hobby - and first time batches often have a bonus.
However, the following should be emphasized as frequent "grails": 19U01, 19U11, 19S11, 19S31 and 19S41. Durability of the last two matured batches on me: up to eight hours!

Reform with batch 19Y01N (batch codes first with an "N" at the end), 2019 until today:
Aventus is sold to Black Rock. Lyral flies off the ingredients list. 2019 is an eventful year. The fragrance no longer seems really deep and is comparable to a 20% concentration of vintage batches. A little bit of maturing helps, but if you have the chance, you can buy one of the pre-reform batches. These are definitely better!

Aventus has a huge community. Whether in forums or on Facebook - there are thousands of fans. Many of them own umpteen bottles - meticulously sorted by batch. They even sell lids, packs and of course the fragrance. The prices are almost in the four-digit range The countless imitations and clones like CDNIM, Explorer, Pineapple Vintage etc. speak for themselves.
But no imitation comes close to the class of Aventus. Aventus can be more than a fragrance: a hobby
My evaluation is based on the average of all batches known to me!

PS: 7.500 words are not even enough - I had written almost twice as much and then shortened a lot! Sorry if it seems too punctilious.

Smell well.

Kazos07Kazos07 1 day ago
Overhyped imo. You will get compliments from men, but from women? Not necessarily
NuuNuu 9 days ago
Famous creed aventus a nice scent but not the hype worth.
especially not the new batch
worth to buy just for a decent price !!!
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 37 days ago
Nice scent, very weareable but the problem is that It has been copied too much time so It is not necessary to spend this money to smell this
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 42 days ago
B.2019. An intensely fresh and juicy, creamy fruity-woody Summer fragrance, balanced by a gentle dusty leathery base. Good performance.
Dan81Dan81 124 days ago
Roaming conqueror with a pineapple horn declaring his arrival. Perfect for spring/early summer outdoors in day time.
HullHockeyHullHockey 8 months ago
Hands down the best masculine fragrance ever made. This set the industry standard. Such a masterpiece when it came out.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
Fantastic fragrance. unfortunately longevity is lacking for something so expensive..that is shocking. Similar and much cheaper on the market
Jazzy76Jazzy76 9 months ago
A light and extremely refined unisex scent for a discrete but unforgettablle sillage.Perfectly balanced and perfect by day in every season
PlasmicPlasmic 11 months ago
I don't think it's the best "EVER". It's just good enough. I hate trends and hype so much that even if it was really majestic I wouldn't buy
CatarinaCatarina 17 months ago
Really overrated and over expensive! But it is a very nice unisex beach scent!

by Blödel
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by Youcef
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Creed

Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed