Aventus (2010)Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed

Top 4 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli, Juniper berry, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.05.2020.

AnimeFreak
Great fragrance with a big flaw
This is my first fragrance commentary and who else could it be, probably the most famous niche fragrance of all time. You simply know Aventus when you travel the fragrance world. Again and again he is called the "King", the synonym for what niche fragrances can be. But does he do justice to that?

In fact, he smells very good. Citrusy, slightly smoky pineapple and a real all-rounder. You can simply wear it anytime and anywhere. Besides, I would like to mention: It's relatively easy to convince me as long as it doesn't contain anything aquatic or leathery. In the end, the scent didn't knock me off my feet, but still I didn't regret the purchase.

But the problem with Aventus is probably as famous as the fragrance itself. Feel hundreds of different batch variations, all of which should smell completely different, some citrus, some smoky, some sweet. And all of them have a different shelf life. I personally can't say too much about it, because I only have this one 2018 version here and I think it's quite solid, the others I don't know. However, I find this flaw catastrophic, even impudent. After all, Creed Retail charges 200 Euros here, for 50ml. For the price I expect a minimum, that you get constant quality and do not participate in a game of chance.

The fact that Aventus has the most clones, which cover all batches and you often get those for less than 80 Euro, makes it difficult to give a recommendation here. Meanwhile the scent is 10 years old and I simply don't find it really relevant anymore, even though it was certainly a masterpiece back then. Also because DNA has now made it into the designer world. And if you really want to have an expensive niche fragrance, there are, in my humble opinion, better alternatives.
The Napoleon of non-scent
The fragrance that is hated and also so incredibly loved. This fragrance is extremely hyped by YouTubers and fragrance connoisseurs, but somehow I have become the biggest critic of the fragrance. However, I find that there are countless interpretations of this scent DNA, which in my opinion make it better. For the fact that he was probably the first like Bleu de Chanel to kick off the Bluewave, you have to applaud that.

Now for the fragrance and the bottle. A classic Creed bottle:D In my opinion, the bottle looks a little cheap with the plastic top:S But the engraved Napoleon on the bottle makes it all go away somehow. The black background is supposed to remind of leather or it makes the bottle look worse :S If the bottle had the right leather I would not like it :D (see the beautiful bottles of TT)
The fragrance starts with a fresh sweet opening paired with leathery notes. Later it develops more into the woodsy, which I would attribute to oakmoss.
Durability I feel rather between 6-8 hours whereas it works after a good 3-4 more body near. But Sillage is much more crass for a freshness. Definitely a compliment getter and panty dropper! But for me it is not worth the money!

Finish off a really good scent that can also be used unisex. Good all-rounder but a bit too expensive for my taste, which is really not a niche anymore. Today it seems to be much more mainstream. I can quite understand why he is so hyped by the women's world!
Derviti
The ruler among niche perfumes
So that's it. The legendary legend among niche perfumes, indeed, among all perfumes. And even though I've been looking at fragrances all my adult life, it was Aventus who really got to me and ultimately led me to perfume.

About the fragrance itself: from the first sniffing (2017) at Douglas, it was something special for me, something you want to smell again and again. The fruity opening with pineapple, apple and something citrusy immediately created an aha effect for me. Hours later, long after the shopping trip, a warm, vanilla scent remains, which you can hardly get enough of. I wouldn't want to assign a specific occasion or season to the fragrance, it's too versatile for that and suits almost every occasion, whether sport, going out or the office.

The downside of the success of Creed's bestseller is that it can hardly be called a niche perfume, and the only "niche" is the price. Not a few people also call it a shisha bar scent or (out of desperation?) misused as "compliment getter", Aventus has definitely become mainstream among niche perfumes. And although very annoying, it doesn't change anything about its exceptional nature and the wow-effect of most people smelling it for the first time.

And there is one more thing that belongs inseparably to Aventus, the legend of the batch codes or, to put it a little less nicely, the creative quality assurance at Creed. Although I'm not really a fan of such myths, I have to say that the different bottlings actually smell very different to me, especially in the top note. However, almost all of them move in the warm, vanilla direction over time.

The bottom line is that Aventus has become one of my, if not "that", favorite perfumes and I would definitely recommend it to anyone to at least try it out. May the legend live long.

Good smell, bad price
After I learned a lot about Creed Aventus, I finally got myself a specimen and wanted to know why everyone is talking about him.

Yes, it really starts with a fresh pineapple note and over time develops into a slightly sweeter, but still fresh scent. With fresh scents I often have a sting in my nose, luckily not here, so well coordinated and not too aggressively fresh, I like it!
The DNA behind the pineapple reminds me of Bond No. 9 Bleeker Street, only the creed is a little less green and fresher than the Bond.

The shelf life is really good for a fresh fragrance. Unfortunately, all this does not justify the high price. This is a niche price for a good mainstream fragrance.

Attention to all lovers, I don't think the scent is bad, only the price/performance ratio is not really right from my point of view ;)
Yharnam79
Does not reveal itself to me
I would like to say to Voweg that I have not made it my business here to badmouth any fragrances or even to offend anyone.
*You almost have to add that if you dare not lift a fragrance like this to the highest of the seven heavens...*
So you see, I am well aware that some people will clench their fists when reading. Nevertheless, by carefully reading the numerous excellent comments and statements about Aventus, I was already expecting the holy grail of fragrances - or at least a very high quality, unique fragrance.
What did I read there not everything; the people roll over almost for sheer enthusiasm.

The disillusionment actually came after the first spray; I inevitably had to check whether I had actually sprayed the right scent...

First impression: Weleda citrus shower mixed with aftershave lotion from the early 90s. Lots of freshness and fruit (lemon, orange and pineapple?). Absolutely masculine and that absolutely (and unfortunately noticeably) wanted.
Smells not bad, not at all.
Nevertheless - and this is my biggest problem with the fragrance - it smells as if it had been smelled in a different (and better?) form billions of times in the last decades.
Admittedly, Aventus has more to offer than the fresh and fruity opening note. So it becomes more distinctive and bitter as it progresses. (Much too) good patchouli, musk and ambergris give depth and a little bit of character.
Fruity - now rather "appley", Anventus nevertheless remains fruitful throughout the entire time.

And also in the Drydwon I wonder if it should have been THAT...?!

I actually consider myself to be quite "smelled" when it comes to fragrances, but here I capitulate.
Either the statement, almost the secret of this fragrance has not been revealed to me or I simply have a bad taste.
Or perhaps I smelled Aventus just as he is.
This is probably a matter of interpetition and not decisive, because every single review and every evaluation of a fragrance can ultimately only be subjective and taste-tinged.

For me personally, Aventus is a nice, maybe even a very good fragrance, but it lacks specificity and even more so performance and durability.

In any case, I can now also say that I have tested it, but unfortunately neither the fragrance itself, nor the hype or the many, many, many, many... many great comments.
Aventus
Aventus. The name alone is enough of a statement.
It is THE niche fragrance of recent years. Probably one of the few that have paved their way into the mainstream. The Ronaldo among fragrances. Even if my wife doesn't know anything about football, Ronaldo knows her, just like she knows Aventus.

The smell is really great! It is fresh, fruity, smoky - everything a male fragrance needs. A compliment monster when freshly applied.

Only its short durability makes it a fragrance that makes you think about buying it again for its sporty price.

I think Aventus will remain Ronaldo forever. Only no longer the one from Portugal, but the one from Brazil.
Worth the hype?
Try to keep it short here and describe my opinion and experiences, instead of taking up the cult with all the batches etc:

For me the Aventus is a super Uniquer, very natural smelling, handcrafted super made fragrance of high quality. That means: Super H+S, great scent and high compliment factor in the ladies, more about this in a moment:

I've had the fragrance for almost two years now and tend to wear it on special occasions, simply because of the price and because it wears off in my nose over time. What I mean is that I don't notice it properly when I wear it for several days in a row.

Use it also on dates / as signature scent, because many ladies like it so much and at the same time few "non-experts" know it.

On the subject of compliments:
When I got this new one, I "tried it out" right at the club. That evening I made the acquaintance of an attractive lady in my age (middle 20). After I went to her to introduce myself, she spoke directly to me about the fragrance and wanted to know its name. Then I wrote the name and my mobile phone number in her mobile phone. This was one of the most extreme situations in which a perfume was a conversation starter for me.

Find this one well wearable for the club, as I am looking for uniqueness, sillage and compliment factor. This fulfills Aventus everything perfectly. For regular club visitors it is only a little expensive.

Generally in terms of "Versatility" he gets 10/10 points from me. It always works, whether it's sports, summer, winter, suit or polo shirt. Also for me this is one of the fragrances I consider appropriate for all age groups.

Let's get back to compliments: I once lay on a sofa at a friend's house with a pillow in the neck (where I had sprayed Aventus). When I visited her again after two weeks, she asked me to lay me again with my neck on the pillow, because she liked to smell the scent on the pillow and associated it with me. A slightly different kind of compliment :)

But for some people the fragrance also smells like deodorant (so not necessarily super good). I once heard a lady comment, "What kind of deodorant are you wearing?" -Not necessarily negative, but it's funny when the €200 fragrance is confused with a deodorant for €2. But it only happened to me twice, otherwise the fragrance goes down really well with most ladies (and also gentlemen). But you shouldn't overspray it either, otherwise it becomes very obtrusive. This way you can save some "juice", which is certainly not a bad thing at this price.

So is he worth the money? That's for everyone to decide... Many people would not spend so much money for the best fragrance in the world... so it's hard to talk about price/performance here... let me put it this way: If you are willing to spend money for a perfume, you will get a real Signature Scent, which definitely has a right to exist in the world of fragrances.

One more small note: The Montblanc Explorer clone is quite a bestseller, so unfortunately DNA is no longer completely unknown to many. Previously, the price of Aventus was a real "barrier" against the fact that the scent is worn by too many people around me... I gave the Exporer to a friend for Christmas, who is very pleased with it, especially when it comes to compliments. But the original already smells much more valuable...

Now for some scent itself: I've got a green, fruity 18-batch (now I'm talking about the batches).

I get a lot of pineapple and ambroxan in the top note (is that real election shit or why does it smell so much better than In Sauvage? :) ) Later I get a pleasant smokiness from the birch and in the drydown a fruity woody aroma remains. Delicious!

Another note: I can still smell it the next morning in the shower, when the aromas are washed away by water. Sometimes it's as if the scent breaks down into its constituents in the shower. This is real quality. Shelf life (at least for my batch, it varies quite a bit) great!

If you want to buy the new one: I've read that the 19 batches are supposed to be mostly of medium length, so keep your eyes open and if in doubt, research the batches at Aventus again.
Hope some of you have held out until here, I have written quite a lot, although I wanted to be rather short originally... I am happy about answers:)
Sweet seduction
Because of the astronomically good ratings on several portals, I was led to a blindkauf, as the perfume was on offer. Despite the offer I had high expectations, because the price was still proud.
When I applied it, I mainly noticed this strong, but not penetrating sweet smell positively. I would say that the beginning reminds me of pineapple and pina colada.
Over the course of the day the sweet fragrance remains, but changes slightly to vanilla. Maybe the appearance deceives me or it is because of the batch, but after about 3 hours I take the scent only slightly. For a fragrance in this price range I expect a little more in terms of shelf life. But I think that besides the durability Aventus is worth its price and I can only recommend it
Only the batch counts
The legend of Aventus, or rather the fallen legend?
First of all I love this fragrance, I would be willing to pay the price for quality and I know the batch discussion is annoying. Unfortunately there is no way around it, what Creed has done with this masterpiece in the last few years is a tragedy beyond compare Unfortunately, I currently own the batch CM4219U01 and only want to judge the fragrance, it is very fruity and very citrusy at the beginning, the pineapple comes a bit stronger with time, smoky or even leathery I don't even take it was not even in the course.
To the course or the durability is to be said that I find them with this batch, for this price as an absolute disaster and impudence. With me the smell becomes generous after maximally 2 hours very closely. After a maximum of 6 hours basically nothing smells on my skin anymore. As I said for 300€ per 100ml, I feel that this is absolutely subterranean and I will probably only have the Dupes, which of course can never keep up with the delicacy of an Aventus, but only very practiced noses, 99.9% of all people do not smell that. In particular, there are dupes which, in terms of durability, leave the new batches completely in the rain.

Conclusion: I am extremely disappointed with the development this wonderful perfume has made, the sale to a billion dollar company will most likely make it even worse. I think it's time to bury the perfume with the potential to become a legend. It's been great with you, but you probably missed your chance to step down a long time ago, instead Creed sold your soul beyond recognition.
The prodigal brother
Hello Aventus,

i remember the first time I was with you. When you were a stranger and I was standing with you in a storm of lightning. With you at my side I was always discovered and even strangers asked for you.

You were a faithful companion who always took care of me and always signalled to others around me: LOOK OUT, HERE HE COMES!
You were my TITAN, you backed me up where I had long forgotten you.

It is not called "as well as in good times and bad times" for nothing. But unfortunately it has now become too much.

Since you have become Trash-Talk Topic No. 1, your ugly ugly cloned siblings can be found in all public transport, almost everyone here is talking about you, you are a star on YouTube and you have changed so much since we met, I have to part with you.

The charges are long, but I want to part on good terms
Farewell brother!

Dan81Dan81 8 days ago
Roaming conqueror with a pineapple horn declaring his arrival. Perfect for spring/early summer outdoors in day time.
HullHockeyHullHockey 111 days ago
Hands down the best masculine fragrance ever made. This set the industry standard. Such a masterpiece when it came out.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 151 days ago
Fantastic fragrance. unfortunately longevity is lacking for something so expensive..that is shocking. Similar and much cheaper on the market
Jazzy76Jazzy76 155 days ago
A light and extremely refined unisex scent for a discrete but unforgettablle sillage.Perfectly balanced and perfect by day in every season
PlasmicPlasmic 7 months ago
I don't think it's the best "EVER". It's just good enough. I hate trends and hype so much that even if it was really majestic I wouldn't buy
CatarinaCatarina 13 months ago
Really overrated and over expensive! But it is a very nice unisex beach scent!
AmberScentAmberScent 13 months ago
The pineapple-birch combo is very appealing indeed mainly in the smoky batch. Only then the Aventus scent may turn out to be addictive.
PioPio 14 months ago
Fruity, fresh and citrus. Great scent. The only bad thing is that there are far too many clones out there. Victim of its own success.
KingPinKingPin 15 months ago
Ok, I know everyone and their horse has already said it, but this is great stuff.
KLewisKLewis 21 months ago
Everyone's favourite compliment getter from Creed.
It is a great scent but it's also overpriced and overhyped.

by Blödel
by Blödel
by jakdelind
by jakdelind
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by Dachauer85
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Creed

Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Himalaya by Creed Viking by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed