Aventus (2010) Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Jasmine, Patchouli, Juniper berry, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.07.2019

Kashan
My perfume journey began with you, Aventus.
Applied as a teenager the perfume of his father or friends, without deepening the art and questioning the actual effect of a fragrance. This was my striking relationship to perfumes and scents until 2017, when I began to look more closely at the subject.

I remember the first day of my trip. "What's the best perfume you know?" I asked a good friend, who often struck me with his fragrant scents. "Honestly, .... Creed Aventus," he replied. Neither Creed nor Aventus were known to me, because in my world I only knew something like "Joop", "One Million" or "Jean Paul Gaultier".
I decided to go to a perfumery. When the nice lady asked me how she could help me, I replied: "Creed Aventus, I'm looking for Creed Aventus". Her smile told me she knew exactly what I was talking about. She sprayed the scent onto a test strip... "This is the best scent?!" I asked myself. I was disappointed, but something told me I should buy this fragrance despite the price. I couldn't explain it until today, but I had the perfume bagged. Before I left the store, I put a good drop on my wrist, maybe it works better on the skin, I thought to myself.
Then I went to a nearby shopping mall, I was still in a shopping mood. A few metres from me stood a consultant who looked around quickly. She murmured to herself, "What smells so good?".
A short nose on my wrist to check if the scent is really present. Then I asked her, "Excuse me, is this it?" and stretched my wrist towards her. "Yes... wow!" was her short answer.
At that moment I knew that something was in Aventus, that I probably can't smell at least at me, but the people around me. I was really wondering how I would react if I smelled someone with an Aventus aura.

Then one day I met a friend, the room smelled incredibly good and I asked him immediately: "What perfume are you wearing?! Please don't tell me it's Aventus!".
His answer: "Yes, Aventus."

Now it was clear to me what others smell when someone wears Aventus and the scent discreetly fills the room.
This fragrance was now over two years my Signature Scent, but due to the hypes I look around for other fragrances, although it is still first class!

My journey began with a tall animal, so my bar will remain high.
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Destination
The scent of scents. I had bought a 100ml bottle and have not regretted it. Why not? Why not? Because the fragrance suits all occasions without disturbing me or my fellow men. Some fragrances do not bore Aventus after some time. Creed actually did it. Right now I have GIT, too, great. I'll try more of Creed.

Fragrance: I really like this first impression of the pineapple. As if a pineapple would burst before one from which a smoky and woody (pencils from the pencil case) smell unfolds. The scent has depth and I like it. He never gets bored.

8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Adventure
I read a lot about this fragrance and the comments made an impression on me. Unfortunately there are no better fragrance shops in the area where I live, so I dared to place a blind order. Of course I could hardly wait until he finally arrived because he must be so interesting. And then it happened. Finally there. First impression to the packaging was, well... actually I love it, if the packaging is packed with plastic foil, because something new should be simply so packed with the price, my opinion... but ok I can take it. Check immediately whether everything is ok with the bottle. Then first test on the test strip. Didn't knock me out because of my expectations. Then a sprayer on the skin. Honestly, I'm not gonna hit the ground running like a lot of people raved about. But ok the selection of my collection got bigger as a result. However I had decided immediately that it will remain with a unique purchase of this smell probably.
The day passed and I wanted to get to know Aventus better before I wore it, so I wore a different perfume as a precaution. In the evening in front of the television Aventus stood in front of me with a cosy beer. Smell the spray button again and again but somehow no, not my thing and couldn't understand such positive comments? I smelled it again and I thought it smelled like this:
When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time with my grandparents. In the bathroom, my grandpa shaving and finally a cheap smelly aftershave that just smells old :)) Aventus reminded me of that. And it has reminded me several times!!
Of course, it's not enough to just smell it for a day. The next days he stood on the table as well and you smell and smell. And suddenly from day to day... complete change of heart!!! Suddenly I noticed a modern fruity freshness of pineapple and bergamot combined with wooden facets like birch and oak moss. Suddenly Aventus completely enchanted me, a really good smelling men's perfume that stands out from most perfumes and doesn't seem intrusive. Really elegant and beautiful the fragrance. I wore it and got really good reactions from the opposite sex which gives a certain confirmation, so I will carry it on with pleasure.
And it's likely to continue to be bought. Meanwhile I have got myself after a 50ml bottle that is still half full also one with 100ml. I love woody scents.

In my opinion, Aventus von Creed must be given a second chance. If necessary also a third, fourth yes up to ten chances give. If you don't like him then even love him, then he will probably be really nothing for this person, although for me not understandable. I can't imagine.
Yes, those were the beginnings of Creed Aventus with me. Great perfume!!

LG
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Fraqmental
The Holy Grail. .... or not...?
Also at the risk of being olfactorically disassembled by various perfume enthusiasts after this comment, I want to give my personal opinion about Aventus as a "little hobby collector". Some people may even wish for this more than a complicated breakdown of all notes and ingredients, which makes them even more insecure about a purchase than before.
I, too, appreciated the opinion of "mainstream people", beginners, ordinary mortals or whatever they might call us names, more than that of the die-hard enthusiast who is allowed to own collections with several hundred niche scents.

Even though I am now very unwilling to buy blind, especially with higher-priced fragrances, Aventus made me get it for myself - simply because of the fact that there is probably no perfume on earth that is more polarizing than this and I wanted to find out for myself what the hype is all about. Quite deliberately, without first smelling a sample or filling.

People who say they wear Aventus less often simply because of the fact that so many people now own it, you smell it so often and it overcomes to the mainstream scent, I can't quite follow.
I already had a lot under my nose but the scent DNA of Aventus was nothing for me at the first sniff, where spontaneously some other scent shot into my head, which smells the same or even similar. Admittedly, I have not yet dealt with Aventus clones - yet I am sure that I have never consciously perceived Aventus in another person. If we are honest - who knows Aventus? I don't mean here by people like us, here in this forum, whose great hobby it is. I mean people like my work colleagues, my buddy, the cashier in the grocery store or even the eager co-worker in the local small Douglas store (she wanted to tell me last time I was bottling Dior Homme perfume that it smelled just like Dior Homme, only stronger - and the Dior Homme Intense was the most intensive. And then one wonders when he comes home with a perfume that was turned on, which smells completely different than pretended...)
No, I mean normal people. They don't even know there's Creed, let alone what a niche scent is. It's a rarity that you're even aware of someone who's applied perfume - and if that's the case, it's usually Bruno Banani from the drugstore or the new boss, because he was presented beautifully decorated on a pedestal at the Douglas entrance.

Even far away from the batch discussion (which I won't go into here), I get a very fruity pineapple note right at the beginning of my 2017, next to a deeper, smokier and fresh undertone. This pineapple then gives way after a while and what was previously only perceived as secondary now comes to the fore. As if you were lying a freshly cut pineapple with a few spices in a silk cloth and smoking it very slowly with low heat over still gently glowing beech wood. The fruity is perceptible to me until the end, even if only gently. What remains is a (yes) smoky note with a very beautiful depth and a fresh & at the same time calming undertone.
Durability & Sillage is outstanding with me, I could still sniff Aventus at my wrist the next day after countless hand washing & a time showering (at 32° and 24h later) - even if only more than skin tone.
I don't know how other batches smell and differ or how long they last. I only know this one Aventus and never smelled another one before.

Do I like him?
Yes, very much so.
Is he a compliment monster on me?
For that I probably carried it still too little but first opinions of interviewees go rather in the direction of "hm... yeah, it's pretty good."
So far no crazy reaction, where strangers want to gnaw my skin off, because I come across so fragrant.
Would I give a newcomer a buy recommendation without testing him first?
No, he (for me) is simply too little "special" & simply too expensive.
Do I regret my blind purchase or would I buy it again?
Do not regret no, despite the price. Buy more? I'm not really sure yet and want to wait with my judgement, because for it is not the holy grail in my collection and there are definitely more beautiful scents.

Another note to the Aventuslovers among us - forgive me for not going into the composition of the fragrance very carefully, but this has already been mentioned here (and better than I ever could) and also that it is not the one and only fragrance I want to die with ;-)

The Castrated King ..
Royal and Rich but Can't perform like a king, many companies took his "legacy juices" and make them cheap in price & better in performance. but thank you for the recipes creed.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

The Conference
Mascat (Oman), 13.06.2019

On 13 June 2019 the annual perfume conference "Smell Well like Hell" took place in the capital of Oman. Topic this year: "Aventus - Myth and Reality". The international perfume umbrella organisation PIFA had invited. In the following, central passages from the lectures of three keynote speakers will be reproduced, which should illuminate the phenomenon Aventus from different perspectives. It should be noted that the conference is funded by four major perfume lobbying associations: Back to the Ouds, Vetiver International, Greed International and Mademoiselle Chantal.
The statistical perspective (Prof. Dr. rer. parf. h.c. Adam Pineapple)

"(...) Having probably bored you with my introductory words, I would now like to take a somewhat objective perspective on the Aventus phenomenon, or rather: a more objective one. In one of the world's largest perfume forums (Parfumo), Aventus' fragrance receives an average score of 8.5 points on a scale of 10, based on 1659 scores, with the batch code included as a covariate in the calculation. We are dealing with a left-leaning distribution - if one is allowed to say so at all with such a variable categorically interpreted there ..."

Interjection from the auditorium: "All right, Prof! And what does that mean now?"

Pineapple: "Hm, well, I'm actually just delivering numbers and analyses, no interpretations ... Um, I think it's very unlikely that Aventus is a particularly controversial fragrance (even if a review of relevant comments and statements would suggest that). But then a two-compartment distribution with many negative ratings would have been likely. However, this is a selection sample and the high cost of the water is ..."

Interjection: "Aha?! So Aventus is pretty popular with most people as a fragrance, right?"

Pineapple: "This seems a little too undifferentiated to me. Aventus should be a good to very good fragrance, taking into account the measurement error, at least on average, whereby future research should pay particular attention to relevant perfume-socio-demographic variables such as gender, age, region of the perfume, previous perfume experience, but also to confounding variables such as mood at the time of spraying, temperature, presence of pantys and many other factors, and ..."

(...)
The philosophical perspective (Dr. phil. frag. Ambrosia Moos)

"In his epoch-making essay, "What's it like to be a bat?" (Engl. "What is it like to be a bat(chcode)?"), the US-American philosopher Thomas Nagel resolutely opposes so-called reductionist efforts with the highest argumentative rigor after self-experiments with the chemical warfare agent "Bat" by zoologists. His thesis: We can still collect as many "objective" facts about a fragrance as we want (e.g. concerning its composition, its and our temperature, psychochemical connections, ...), we will never, I emphasize: NEVER know what it is like to be an Aventus, um, I mean of course how it feels, smells and what it does with you to smell, perceive or dream Aventus, to smell it. That's really a complicated thought, I admit it. At the same time, however, it frees Aventus from scientific, reductionist considerations."

Interjection: "And what does that mean now?"

Moos: "First of all: Thank you very much for your interesting and profound question! That's a really good question. Hm, please let me think for a moment ..."

(Mrs. Moos' official lecture was finished at this point. In the early break, a few conference topics discussed with Chablis, stimulated and increasingly animated, the logical (in)possibility of the existence of Aventus-Dupes and its ontological independence.)
The Perspective of Religious Studies (Prof. Dr. Jasmin Rose-Apfel)

"(...) I would now like to briefly go into the "Golden Calf" from the 2nd book of Moses and build a bridge to today's Aventus cult, which has probably long since passed its zenith ..."

Occasional boo calls from the auditorium.

"... Aventus is by no means to be understood as a golden calf, but as an untouchable, sublime, superior entity that does not tolerate a king next to it, at least the disciples of this cult, who have historically been living in this world since 2011 A.D. ...

Heavy booing. A panty meets Mrs. Rose Apple in the face.

"... in contrast, however, to the concept of the Trinity, the cult of Aventus assumes a multiplicity, namely from - more or less controversially - hierarchically ordered so-called batches, which, so to speak, together form the All-One, the Aventus ..."

From the auditorium you can hear unpleasant interjections like "You atheist cow!" Several shoes hit the lectern. Mrs. Rose apple can save herself through a side entrance.

(...)

Those who had not fallen asleep after a total of twelve hours of controversial lectures applauded enthusiastically at the end of the conference. For reasons of volume, we are unfortunately unable to provide you with a summary of the many other exciting lectures (Aventus from a literary-historical, comparative ethnological, psychological, biochemical and quantum-physical perspective).

But we have captured for you, dear reader, in the foyer of the conference hall a few more voices from visitors of the conference ("How do you actually like the Aventus?"):

"Ey, this is absolutely blatant, a revelation, these are the tears of God in a bottle of diamond! He's flashing you, it's not bras flying, it's panties on stage! The King, there's nothing against Elvis. So sublime, genius, I feel ten times more confident when I spray this on. I don't wear Him, Aventus wears me and at the same time I fly. ... Why are you laughing?!!"

"I don't see it as complicated as these ladies and gentlemen scientists. I have a bottling of Aventus, batch code, um, wait a minute, oh, no matter ... Anyway, it's in my bathroom and every few days I feel like carrying it to work. And then I spray it on myself. Got a dozen other scents. Likes them all."

"I find that completely overpriced. Good smell, but also a status symbol of some people (in Germany probably less than 0.05 % of the population, even if they say they smell it EVERYWHERE). The Dupes are doing the same for me. The fragrance is important to me, not the brand or any cult, even if you can hardly say that openly nowadays, as Mrs Rose-Apfel has proven."

"Well, I think it's possible to overdo it. This is a fragrance that I personally like very much with its freshness and masculinity. It can be used flexibly, holds well and is almost never out of place. Others like him too, or they don't. That's perfectly okay. It's just a scent like any other. His goodness depends on our feelings, not on the scent itself."

"I think it's gnarly that a single scent can do something like this. Just sit back and enjoy. If the old knight can do one thing, it's entertainment."

We are happy to announce today that the next "Smell Well like Hell" will take place in California. "Oud 66 - Save the bald eagle."
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

The ex-girlfriend
Aventus and I are a love-hate relationship. Like my ex-girlfriend and unfortunately only great love.

We can't be with each other, but we can't be without each other.

Every now and then I love her, the other times I hate her.

Although somehow I always do both at the same time.

That's why I just insert a text into her, which she got as a letter after our separation from my 17 year old me (OK, that was also only 2 years ago)

"Hey C**,

i hate being without you. Even though it was complicated, every second with you became a moment for my eternity.

You're you and I'm me, so there's no we, but I forget to forget you.

I don't want you back, no way. But my heart won't let you go either.

The time was too beautiful and despite the circumstances I lost more tears out of joy, emotion and laughter than for bad reasons. There was much more light than shadow. For that I thank you"
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Condorpilot1
Someday "The King" will have to abdicate...
Well, actually it's hardly worth writing anything about Aventus, so much has already been said about him everywhere. I haven't been in the "Fragrance Game" too long, so I can't make any statements about older batches. Apropos batches - with Creed Aventus it's like this for me: There's the science of perfumes, fragrances, compositions from all areas etc. and besides that there's the science of Creed Aventus. Almost so fanatical that it is like a cult within the fragrance community and he is called the "king" of all fragrances - woe betide you say anything against Creed Aventus.

As already mentioned, I have no comparison to older batches (if I can believe the batch gems), I'm just describing my impressions of the current 2018/19 releases. And these are disappointing for me by the bank away. I don't know where the hype's coming from. Yes, the scent character is really pleasant, fresh, fruity, pineapple, just great. But when I think about Aventus and what else I read or hear about Aventus, it's that pineapple character paired with smoking. Maybe comparable to a grilled pineapple over a campfire? Well, I take almost nothing of this smoking. It seems the scent is just watered down. And due to this lack of smoke, it quickly drifts into a mainstream direction, at least my opinion. But no wonder, Aventus is by far shelf life and Sillage are unfortunately mediocre on my skin.

It remains pleasant throughout the entire fragrance and I can imagine wearing it. But do I really want that for this high price? No, I don't think so. I'll be scourged but I'd really rather wear my Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man, maybe soon also Pineapple Vintage Intense, who knows... As long as the clones of Aventus don't get in the way
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

This is not a comment
because I'm not going to go into the scent in its individual parts and course here. I guess everything has been said about that.
Just this much: Aventus is not worse, but completely overhyped. When I wear it I don't feel the need to turn in circles or do one-armed push-ups. ( I prefer sports without scent ) Also do not fly me rows of Pantys too.
When I bought it, I didn't know this forum or Jeremy. That all came later and I must honestly say: If I had known the videos of J.F. at that time already, I would never have bought Aventus. (Although, as I said, he's no worse (Aventus, not Jeremy))
But what makes this Creed unique is the perfect marketing about Jeremy, Batches etc. which let Aventus stay in the conversation and create this hype which the Aventus in my opinion does not do justice to in any way. Sure, it's a very pleasing fragrance that doesn't rub off (because it simply lacks the real corners and edges). He is also wearable on every occasion and tries to please everyone, which he manages to do reasonably well. Durability and Sillage are also OK, although not outstanding. The price? Much too high, but here it is like with all other "luxury goods": You pay for a feeling - and yes, I paid the price. (Had I already mentioned that the Aventus is not a bad scent in itself?)
My problem: the more he gets hyped, the less I like to wear him,
But wait, there is one thing that makes Aventus unique: In combination with disinfectants (the good ones that are also used in OP's) it changes incredibly. All the other perfumes can't keep up, are either getting weaker or just gone. No, Aventus transforms itself into a completely new fragrance, namely like a meatball! Not such a tranig, rancid but a very fresh, still warm butcher's meatball. Absolutely delicious and appetizing. That my impression does not deceive me confirms me also my dogs, which stick to me then with the noses formally at the arm.
That's very nice, but to be honest, I'd rather not smell like a meatball. So watch out if you're wearing Aventus and have to work with disinfectants. Unless you're dogcatchers, let's get to work.
10.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Wattenscheid
Real Madrid is the best team in the world
A conversation between schoolchildren.

Kevin: Real Madrid from 2016 to 2018 was the best team ever, 3 times CL winner.

Sasha:
No man, the galactic with the batch code 2000 to 2006, those were the heroes.

Hans: Aventus? Um, I meant real? Never ever, this team is being hyped unjustly.
Barcelona is more successful with less transfer costs. E.g. Messi 0Euro and holds for over 10 years.
Look at C. Ronaldo koster ca. 90 Mio and doesn't last that long.

Kevin and Sasha:
And why is Real CL record winner?

Hans: And who was the last Master Aventus or Barcelona?

Kevin and Sasha:
Yes ok batch 2018/2019 was really not good,
but you should have seen Figo, Beckham, Zidane, R. Carlos
Hans:
Real Madrid is not good PUNKT.

The teacher Mr. Wattenscheid comes in
Mr. Wattenscheid:
Hans you stop annoying and provoking your schoolmates from now on.

And to everyone: There have been better times at the Los Blancos than last year, but Aventus is still a royal one.

People I didn't want to write comment number 200 Mio about Aventus in which I describe the fragrance, others can do better.

And yes, I've been a big fan for a long time. I also think it's nice that not everyone has the same taste, but the compliments from the environment show again and again how good the scent really is.

Also I belong to the disturbed people who believe in these Batch Stories, therefore I find the current price for the current years of construction too expensive.

In former times everything was much more beautiful, as so often in life :(
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

What can I say to that?
Aventus... difficult to write a comment about such a fragrance known as "The King", which is so much discussed. I'll still dare, but similar to my first comment on La Nuit de L'Homme, I won't go into the scent process very much because of the different batches.
For a long time the smell was so unapproachable for me, I guess on the one hand because of the price and on the other hand because one has so high expectations sometime because of the endless debates about it, that one thinks one can't be surprised greatly.
At some point I ordered a bottling and have to admit that he really impressed me despite the high standard he sets for himself.
One reads a lot about batches and is quickly overwhelmed if one does not deal with it, finally I decided for a bottle with the batch 17W11 (only for those who are interested).
Personally, I find pineapple in a fragrance almost perfect, I just like the smell, but that's probably subjective. The problem for me was that I sometimes thought that after about an hour I would no longer perceive the scent, which also turned out to be subjective. A little story about this, four hours after I had asked him, I met a friend who was travelling with 3-4 girls. After a short conversation I moved on and a few minutes after I arrived home I got a message from her that her friends all said how good I smelled. This astonished me myself because on the one hand, as already mentioned 4 hours after spraying, it was "only" three sprayers and also in a free environment. The Sillage and durability is thus far better than thought.
Even though the fragrance has its opponents, who are probably also to blame for its own success, I think it is still one of the best on the market at the moment.
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

DerDufti
The overpriced 0815 fragrance?
First of all, I would like to say that I see myself as a layman when it comes to fragrance. I have been really interested for a few months now and read a lot about the subject on this website.
Now that I couldn't resist the hype any more, I went to the souk and bought a small bottle of this good little water here. But since I am always looking for an everyday fragrance with a good price/performance ratio (maybe also because I live in Schwabenländle), I ordered the Armaf CDNIM at the same time, which was praised as the best dupe. Since it is unfortunately not up to me to determine every single note exactly, I will refer to my perception in this text, so do not expect the best resolution of the components. I think there were already enough direct reviews of the fragrance, so I'd rather refer here to the comparison to CDNIM.
So enough babbling, we come to comparison. I sprayed Aventus on my right arm to get a first impression of the so hyped scent. But the first smell I noticed didn't exactly match my expectations. I thought he would knock me out, but the first seconds didn't smell as brilliant as expected, but more like a burnt fruit. Many will hate me for it and maybe it is due to a not optimal batch, but I think the first minute it is too smoky for me.
But then I sprayed CDNIM on my left arm and on my first breath my stomach almost turned around. What the hell is that?! That smells more like chemistry than Monsanto did in the lab... This continued for the next 20 minutes, while I liked Aventus better and better.
Then the cheap clone started to change and I started to like it. After about 45 minutes the almost same smell of both my arms was emitted. If you smelled a lot on your arm, the cheap version of the fragrance still gave you a hint of chemistry, while the Creed fragrance just smelled delicious.
But after a good hour, as a layman, I no longer smell a difference. Sometimes the right arm seems better, sometimes the left. But that would be splitting hairs. I understand in a way now the hype around this fragrance, but still not to 100% the price. Of course it is a niche fragrance, but you don't pay for uniqueness anymore, because this fragrance is worn by a lot of people.
The dupe costs a fraction of the original, but also has its downside, namely the opening and the top note. Otherwise I find the Armaf scent successful, maybe the top note will be improved in future batches, but in my opinion the Creed scent in the top note could be improved a little bit.
The projection was quite good for both, although a little stronger for the more expensive original.
When I have used up both of my bottlings, I will definitely buy one of them, at the moment it looks more like the cheaper scent from the Far East. But who knows, maybe this will change.
Both are definitely very good fragrances and I hope I could help some who have thought about buying a clone.
10.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Arrived
My first really expensive fragrance, after I read x-comments about it and could test it 1x in a perfumery, I bought it to me. Most love him, some hate him - probably also because of the price and the brand itself and then there are the batch paranoids (right? - I don't know). Whatever, 200 bucks for 100ml and that thing bagged.

And he's worth every cent to me. Immediately after spraying, a pleasantly spicy note spreads out and envelops you in a pleasant cloud. But this is still the 'worst' phase of this perfume. After 30-60min it becomes milder and a little smokier, smells soft and is not obtrusive, but has a very good sillage. A light sweetness mixes in and rounds off this masterpiece. When I wear the scent, I have to smell myself all the time because I'm an addict! And the icing on the cake is the great shelf life, which is easily 10-12h for me and is also noticeable for others. After that he gets very close and comes into your nose again and again. Even the next day he is still slightly present, even if only for himself
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

King Creed Aventus versus Prince Dior Sauvage EdP
I have done a "double review" in Parfumo already for a couple of times. I decided to do another one but confronting now two upscale and expensive perfumes, about which I have very similar opinions:
Dior Sauvage EdP and Creed Aventus.
They are both fresh and have perfume concentration. While Sauvage aims at a spicy freshness through a massive use of bergamot and ambroxan - a synthetic ingredient - blended with spices like Sishuan pepper and star anise, Aventus relies on quality fruity ingredients (mainly pineapple mixed with black currant), smoky birch and a bit of natural ambergris (no ambroxan here).

CREED AVENTUS
Depending on the batch, year, etc. you might get different things out of Aventus. The pineapple-birch combo is appealing to many people, myself included in what concerns its most smoky batch. The scent may turn out to be addictive and it is definitely a fragrance to pull off all the year round. I find it adequate for the summer, seaside and beach in particular. It's totally safe to use it in Spring, Fall and warm Winter days. I do not consider it a formal scent. It has more lovers than haters and the majority of its users consider it to be overrated. It's probably the most copied fragrance in the world and that fact may contribute to the decreased interest in this some time ago very original perfume. Currently I may number more than 20 fragrances that may be consider "look alikes" of Aventus.
Aventus is very well blended and will always be an interesting fragrance. It starts off fruity fresh and bold (mainly pineapple), as it happens with most masculine scents. Even if it maintains its manly character through time, it also develops with more nuances and depths. Within ten minutes an alluring combo of pineapple and smoky birch appears. This top and heart bold accord is spiced with musk, which gives it a depth and an animalic dimension although not a dominant one. At a later phase the fruits make room for patchouli, ambergris and a hint of floral input that lends a subtle velvety feel. The dry down is very seductive as the final swirls of wood, fruit and jasmine work harmoniously with the omnipresent enduring birch . Longevity and sillage are well above average.
Synthetic? No way!
Main notes: Pineapple, smoky birch and oakmoss.

DIOR SAUVAGE Eau de Parfum
Sauvage Eau de Parfum reveals new facets if compared with the older EdT.
This perfume displays oriental and vanilla accords and it's described as enveloping, smooth, mysterious and sensual. The composition keeps some of the original notes, like bergamot, Sichuan pepper (in a lesser amount), lavender and ambroxan, but enriches them with spices and warm tones of star anise, nutmeg and Papua vanilla, becoming a more oriental and more mature fragrance than its predecessor. For me this is a better fragrance than the EDT and if you - like me - dont like the loud and harsh original peppery EDT, now you can use a natural, alluring, versatile Sauvage scent. Of course this isn't the most radical and complex of the scents, but everybody loves it! I have many other different fragrances if i want to use something less common.
I enjoyed the pepper and ambroxan lesser use and I actually like the blending of a citrus note and a masculine mossy note over a clean, warm base. It's simple and efective. The Sauvage family has a big number of detractors but I also confirm that I've been smelling it almost everywhere in past couple of years.
The Sauvage Eau de Parfum, as a flanker, obeys to the same rule of thumb as it happened in other recent parfum flankers released by Dior, like Fahrenheit and Homme. It displays a slightly different opening with star anise swirls and a bolder projection. Then effectively it just dries down to the same scent of the original EdT. If you are expecting a huge difference between versions, be prepared to become a bit disappointed. Its versatility is quite wide. For me it's a Spring and Fall fragrance that you may use even during the Summer and in the warmer Winter days.
The silage and longevity are the same in both versions, meaning way above average.
Synthetic? Yes, a bit!
Main notes: Bergamot, Sichuan pepper and ambroxan,

Let's see how Aventus (A) and Sauvage (S) compare with each other through scoring:
______________________(A)___________(S)___________________________________________________
Scent opening...........10.0................8.75 ()
Scent Dry Down.........9.0.................9.25 ()
Longevity (h) ..............9.5.................8.0 (A: 10~12 ft ; S: 8h with 3 sprays)
Sillage (ft)....................9.5.................7.5 (A: 10~12 ft sillage /3h projection; S: 6 ft /2h)
Versatility....................9.5.................9.0 (both above average for kinda fresh fragrances)
Usability......................9.5.................9.5 (Literally everywhere except very cold outdoors)
Compliments..............9.0.................9.0 (Both scents attract a lot of compliments)
Uniqueness.................8.0.................8.0 (A has been quite innovative but has many clones now; S is a flanker of the original EdT that has a few clones as well)
Quality........................10.0................9.5 (quite high in both cases)
Presentation...............8.5.................9.0 (a matter of opinion)
Price.............................3.0.................6.0 (V: €332 /100ml +taxes; VE: €107 /100ml +taxes)

Average:................8.68/10.0.........8.50/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on this rivals match:
Both fragrances are very good and provide a similar satisfaction. Both are fresh but highly versatile perfumes. Value for money is quite low for Aventus and barely average for Sauvage. The choice only depends on your personal taste and your purse.
Recommended? I recommend both fragrances but pose that question to your wallet first.
Blind buy worthy? No!.

Music: Marilyn Monroe - "Diamonds are the girl's best friends"

Below tags refer to the smoky batch of Aventus
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

'Soup of the Day'
This fragrance has pretty much everything I expect from a fresh summer companion.

For years he kept reminding me of himself and I wore him.
After the last spray mist had breathed out of the bottle, I was as always mentally with the re-purchase. As usual? This time I had the, 'Does this really have to be that again?', spark to it.

Somehow he didn't put anything special there for me anymore, always served up again, usually, boring - soup of the day!

I still had enough fresh scents in my inventory!

Also once again a reason to browse the offers in the perfumeries

That's what I did. This time the Aventus has stopped. A change has occurred.
A round black bottle, with a very beautiful, fresh fragrance content now takes its place.

Something new, it's about time!

You don't always have to choose the soup of the day.

First of all, we've parted ways. Maybe life will bring us back together again sometime.

Maybe.
9.0 10.0 9.0 9.0/10

Is the end sewing?
Unique without end, up to now (!) no equal opponent has been able to beat the water, all Dupes/Klone/Imitators/Nacheiferer (the transitions are fluent) have been able to achieve this uniqueness and unmistakability in this fragrance segment. Mostly too penetrating, citrus-heavy, chemical-smoky, musty-synthetic and all in all too unround these were.

Until now. On the horizon I see a fragrance that is not only on a par with him, but at a cheaper price rounder, more balanced, more varied, richer and more natural than this one. At least for me - and so I hope that he gets as little attention as possible and that the "lion essence" under the radar of the masses remains a niche of the niche. Although Creeds' Aventus can no longer be described as a niche...
7.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

Farneon
Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
No, I thought there was no comment on Aventus from me. There were too many before me. I smelled the original and several clones and dupes. This hype, which has not diminished, has not really opened up to this day, although I am quite a freshness fan. But millions of people buy albums of Helene Fischer. As the headline says, I prefer The Clash! ;-)

But I don't want to distract, especially since this comparison may limp. Aventus is a good, for a newbie even original fragrance, which nevertheless does not trigger any storms of enthusiasm in my nose. This may be because I don't like pineapples very much even as fruit and that the only person who ever spoke to me about Aventus was actually my mother ... but in the sense of "You've put on a little thick today!"

But this fragrance is anything but "thick", perhaps a little penetrating. At least he doesn't arouse any associations with shower gels or detergents in me. It doesn't hurt me to play Aventus, but I just find it rather boring. It just doesn't kick me when I sniff my arm. Aventus to me is like some jeans I put on in the morning. I don't give it much thought.

The fruity component is personally too much for me and for the freshness I prefer I have other favourites from L'Occitane to Bulgari to Acqua di Parma. So the Aventus hype remains quite a mystery to me, especially because of the exorbitant price you have to pay for the original. I'm not a special Creed fan anyway, because I think the fragrances of this brand are quite overpriced because of their one-dimensionality.

To say: If I were to find Aventus at the drugstore, I would probably be positively surprised. For me, however, it remains a fresh fruit salad with which one cannot do much wrong, but which lacks spice and character with regard to haute cuisine.

I against myself
Good old Aventus, my first niche perfume as a bottle, I often ask myself, why? I just don't like fresh fragrances at all, but I thought that sweet perfumes in spring and summer weren't so practical. That's why I ordered some rehearsals, including the "King" after some Youtube reviews and hype. The reality is that I can't judge the whole thing and I think a lot of people can understand that. It is fruity, flowery, earthy, fresh, wooden and sweet. Sometimes it has a great shelf life, sometimes it's gone after 2 hours. It should pass as an absolute complimentary, as a Swiss pocket knife, as a "can opener", yes I know, I also find the expression ridiculous. Does one smell so banal, as if one "only" just comes out of the shower? No. In my opinion, does it smell so horny that you can confirm everything above? No. Am I sure I'd like to spend almost 200 euros on it? No. Do I wear it often? No. Do I want to sell it? No, somehow not... Do you smell like everybody else? Jaein. You smell more expensive than Bleu de Chanel, more expensive than Dior Sauvage. Will people like him more than the two mentioned, will people realize that you're wearing a
expensive perfume? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. You see, Aventus is a difficult subject for me... I often wake up too, look at the 200 Euro bottle and wonder why? Then again, shortly before the decision to sell him again, I smell the spray head and somehow he won't let go of me. It's just as hard for me to let him go. I wonder if it's because I'm not a big fan of fresh scents, that I quarrel with him like that? I might. Will I wrestle with myself for some time to see if he doesn't prefer to make room for something that I really love and 100% suits me? Probably.

Difficult and complex subject for such a small bottle of perfume. But isn't perfume that anyway? It's hard to believe scents can do that to you. Actually I wanted to buy 10 to 20 fragrances. To paired with good shoes, a good top, whether suit or leather jacket and styled hair, for all occasions the perfect fragrance to have what 10-20 fragrances in my opinion, perfectly possible. But I find myself dealing more and more with fragrances and becoming more and more willing to spend thousands of dollars on them. But perfumes have something. A perfume, is a memory (as in my Herod commentary). A statement. An attitude. A perfume is a suit, a leather jacket, a good pair of shoes, a cashmere sweater, a luxury watch. And with different scents, which probably all registered here possess, one is able to carry Monday a Rolex, Tuesday a Patek, Wednesday an Omega, Thursday a Hamilton, Friday a Seiko... and that with 5 sprayers from a more or less chic and more or less expensive bottle, I hope you know what I mean. Why is Aventus so successful? Because he's got something. He's got character. He's a statement, an attitude. He's the Rolex of fragrances. And even if you're only wearing thin, inconspicuous watches, someone with a Rolex will run past you, you'll remember.

Why do I have such a quarrel with Aventus? Even if it's not my king, it's still a king.
8.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

Oetzi
Love on the second Riecher!
I would like to make it clear right from the start that no detailed description of the fragrance in individual fragrances will follow. Over the years I have been able to test many fragrances, but I am definitely not a "supernose" and a fragrance is always perceived differently by everyone, so I can only speak of my sensation here. I would like to share my experiences with you about this fragrance!

The first time I tested this fragrance should have been in 2013. At that time I had registered with Parfumo and tested myself through different fragrances. Of course I stumbled across Aventus because of the many positive reviews:
Citric start and with a light smoky background....nothing special I thought and put the sample aside and passed it on to another perfumer.

Years later, more precisely last year in December, I was picked up by a buddy with the car and when I sat down in the car....
Wow... What a smell. It just smelled so creamy, fresh and fruity at the same time. When I found out that it was Aventus, I was simply more than surprised. I can't say exactly why I didn't love this fragrance years ago! Sometimes you just have to give a fragrance some time or not smell it directly on the skin. The fact is that Aventus occupies the room and smells good. Of course I bought myself a bottle (actually even two).

I would like to say a few words about the different batches. After numerous hours in forums and Youtubes I was of course also carried away. Unfortunately I have to find out after 3 different batches since 2017: The differences are ridiculously marginal. For every Aventus novice I can only recommend one: Just take any bottle! How big the difference to the vintage batches is, I can't answer. Maybe 2013 was exactly such an old batch to smell, which I didn't like in the end.

The durability is unfortunately also not as outstanding as described by some, but also there each skin is different.

All in all, it is a wonderful fragrance that knows how to please. The person who brings compliments, as always praised, is unfortunately not in my case what I don't care about: I like him and with the scent you simply radiate a certain amount of self-confidence.
Sometimes one recognizes only with the time or in my case on the second Riecher the beautiful things (or smells) in the life!
7.0 5.0 9.0/10

Creed or Greed?
Admittedly, I love this fragrance! When I had a sprayer of Aventus sprayed on my forearm last year and heard this scent DNA for the first time, I experienced an olfactory wow experience. I'd never smelled anything like it before. Even the next morning after the shower he was still clearly perceptible. The fragrance strip, which I had separately given to me, was carefully packed in a zip bag so that I could sniff it every now and then for the following days.

Perfume is an art form, as Jeremy likes to repeat more often. This of course justifies horrendous prices, which I am not prepared to pay, but I am too pragmatic. It was not worth 270€ per 100ml to me and it is still not today!
So I went looking for clones that smell similar. It wasn't about finding an exact clan. Cause who knows, I might even like a clone better. I liked almost every clone. Compared to the original in my memory there were more fruity and smokier ones. Unfortunately none lasted as long as the original.

A few months and a few clones later I missed the incredible durability of the Original Creed Aventus. Thanks to the great invention of the souk, I ordered a bottling. I sprayed this again on my forearm and with it the disappointment began...
This batch of C4218G11 had a shelf life of less than 3 hours on my skin! Have I been kidded
*t? Another bottling ordered from another Parfumo, this time Batch C4218D01. That's the kind of disappointment! On my skin a shelf life of less than 3 hours, on paper with luck 5 hours. Even my dupes perform better!
Have I been verar
*t by two perfumos? I think that's out of the question! Rather Creed lets himself be led by greed and thinks he has to sell stretched goods.
Creed was finally through with that for me! Who offers such an overpriced product and does not pay attention to deliver constant quality despite the increased prices, I don't buy anything from. Long live the free market and I continue to pay only a tenth for a clone! Even if I always have a travel atomizer with me and have to spray every few hours. I have the choice whether I want to fragrance smoky-heavy or fruity-fresh and am happy to be able to wear this masculine fragrance on any occasion.
Even if some Creed fanboys tear up all Aventus clones below 100€ per 100ml, I don't smell any difference in quality. I remember the nice lady in the perfumery who talked about the continuously rising prices of Aventus bottles in the past and how surprised she was that this fragrance was bought unchanged.

The fragrance has been described countless times, so I spare myself and you a deeper description of the fragrance. I was more interested in the durability of this commentary and, as with all fragrances, I evaluate it very objectively according to the following scheme: For every two hours of perceptibility of two splashes on paper, there is one point, up to 10 hours. From then on there will be one point per four hours. 9 or 10 will only reach those who survive a shower. There you go. Since the older batches last much longer than the current ones, there is a consolation point.

Sincerely, your hunting vegetables!

Catarina 65 days ago
Really overrated and over expensive! But it is a very nice unisex beach scent!+3
AmberScent 79 days ago
The pineapple-birch combo is very appealing indeed mainly in the smoky batch. Only then the Aventus scent may turn out to be addictive.+4
Pio 107 days ago
Fruity, fresh and citrus. Great scent. The only bad thing is that there are far too many clones out there. Victim of its own success.
KingPin 136 days ago
Ok, I know everyone and their horse has already said it, but this is great stuff.+1
KLewis 11 months ago
Everyone's favourite compliment getter from Creed.
It is a great scent but it's also overpriced and overhyped.+1
Carlitos01 11 months ago
Nice & pleasant & lovable & well blended & alluring & overpriced & overrated & over cloned!
I wonder about the over cloning real damage?+14
Tagazeu 15 months ago
Nice but not breathtaking as I was waiting from the multiple positive reviews.+3
StarA1 17 months ago
The best that can be smelled of men's perfume ... its only flaw is
its exaggerated price
Rsi 20 months ago
The only KING of parfumes+2
6.0
Giesta40 21 months ago
Piña colada for summer days. Perfect pineapple, fruity, fresh scent. A must have scent.+2
6.0
Syed 3 years ago
Aventus - Prepare for the ride of a lifetime !!!!+2
Simovacchi77 4 years ago
A perfect sillage, simple notes but unforgettable..a unique sensation ...a must have for every man+2
MSD 4 years ago

by Dachauer85
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Original Santal by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed