Aventus 2010 Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Top 6 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
OakmossOakmoss
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.07.2021.

Overhyped
Is it just me that doesn't get the hype?
A friend has me kindly bottled something, full of great expectations I wear him now on day two and find him quite short time intrusive, do you really like all so? He smells like a fruit salad, for me slightly biting, there are for me really some better fragrances on the market, I feel him all in all actually as more unpleasant, instead of pleasant, so I do not want to smell, has what of drugstore for me

Imitated but not equaled
Aventus is a fragrance that does not leave you indifferent. Its high price, its aroma, which may seem that it does not have too many intricacies and the number of alternatives that the market presents, make the question of whether it is worth it is always on everyone's lips.
Although it is true that there are fragrances that, especially in their drying phase, can assimilate their aroma and in some cases, such as Esencia edp, we find great quality.
But for me the finesse and quality of Aventus is beyond any doubt, the output and its background are charming. If we go to the niche world, we will find very high quality fragrances such as Orion or Hacivat, with better performance than Aventus, but you are going to pay a not too different price and I still think that the charm of Aventus is superior. Apart from that Aventus is already a modern classic. So if you can, you should at some point accompany the life of a fragrance lover.

The final battle
A warrior, an icon, a role model. He was the one who rode into battle in the first row. A rider who was respected, powerful and persevering in every battle and usable everywhere ...
Majestic in appearance and of noble birth and lofty reputation.

He was once the first of his kind, but today there are countless who resemble him in many ways.

The signs of the times have left deep scars on him as well. Today he rides into battle only in the third or fourth line. His stamina and strength have diminished
and if he's honest with himself, he once smelled better too ....
Although he is still known throughout the country today his reputation has nevertheless suffered greatly.
Once he stood for glory and honor and today he is just an expensive mercenary who no longer stands for what he once was.

But he does not want to give up.
He is weakened but not yet fallen,
one last time into battle.

He knows his day will come. Bedded on a wooden coffin in the woods, in a clearing full of birch trees, the wind playing his song ...
But that day is not today.
That day is hopefully a long way off.

The memory of him will always remain.
People will cherish him as the forerunner of an entire generation, the symbol of glory and power.
Others will mourn him.
Weep as their icon disappeared in the shadow of others.
Time stops no one, not even such a legend
End on St. Helena
I still remember how I laughed when I first saw the image of Napoleon on the bottle. Your creators were immediately repugnant to me. It was a sight brimming with kitsch and megalomania. Anyone who takes such an ahistorical approach to historical figures and places warmongers responsible for thousands of deaths on products is also eating little children - I'm pretty sure about that. But well, I'll face you, I thought to myself. I will not underestimate you as young Napoleon was underestimated in his time at the military academy or later on the battlefield. No, I will be a worthy reviewer to you.

To begin, I would like to recognize you, Aventus, for your accomplishments. You have ascended the throne, without question, just as the "world spirit on horseback," so beautifully titled by Hegel, had done. No one would have expected it at the beginning, as Napoleon did not, and you moved the people. In droves you made them submissive to you. You brought them compliments. Immeasurable is the number of panties that have been degropped because of you, as well as the number of your illegitimate children. You unleashed entire clone armies on the world, and without you, some fragrance houses might not have existed. For this you deserve fame and glory, and also an entry in the history books.

But giving compliments and dropping panties - that's not enough for you, or for us. We want art, depth, unfathomability! We want to feel you in our marrow, damn it! A scent should surprise us, shake us, make us orgasm! It should make a heroin addict feel like he's hooked on a gateway drug! And you, my dear Aventus, you want to be the emperor of niche fragrances! The best of them all. Those who have read Crime and Punishment once in their lives may remember the idea that a man is either a maggot who is crushed by the course of history, or someone who comes from outside history, someone for whom no laws apply and who is destined for greatness - a Napoleon, in other words. But although we know your daydreams of greatness, Aventus, to which you indulge, we do not know who you really are. Just as we are unsure of Napoleon, whether he betrayed or perfected the ideals of the French Revolution, we do not know of you whether you are more smoky, more fruity or even vanilla, let alone how long you will last on our skin.

And what can I say? Maybe they had that greatness once. But that's no longer true. Yes - I definitely still smell some of your former DNA, I'll grant you that, but it's hardly worth mentioning. There's still some of that aphrodisiac tickle in my nose that gets through to me, but it doesn't stick. Too quickly you lapse, too little you offer me. Banal, ephemeral, almost arbitrary. Soon your children will spurn you, and the former collectors will abandon their collections and crown a new emperor. Still you lie on St. Helena in your death-bed, which you do not know is your death-bed, and you dream of your back-ker and a renewed campaign. Certainly there will be Aventus-bearers in the future, as there were professed Bonappartists after Napoleon's death, but secretly we know: THIS story is over.

PS: Dear Perfume co-conspirators, please bear with my arrogance. It is only partly tongue-in-cheek. Instead, join me in celebrating my first review. We all know it - it had to be Aventus, anything else is gross nonsense.
A noble drop
A fragrance seduction that is unparalleled! A world full of fresh fruity fragrances. Everyone knows him and (almost) everyone loves him.

Here you come as a fragrance fanatic at his expense. Of course, you have to leave a few euros for it, but hey - the gives you so many compliments, that pays off all the time.

I myself have already tried some of the Dupes and unfortunately nothing comes so really ran. So it should be of course.
The fallen knight
Oh Aventus, what has become of you. Like so many here, I was inspired by a certain ex-boy band singer in a white suit to buy the flagship of Creed. Blindbuys are disreputable, but can also be lucky purchases, I thought to myself.

Expectations I have then formulated the following:

Aventus, I hope you are as noble as what I paid for you. I hope you smell distinguished, mature and courteous, not intimidating but present, figuratively like a knight in his shining silver armor, proud and venerable.

He had been - at one time or another.

Aventus is a living example of how a fragrance DNA can literally wear out. It's not the numerous reformulations that have meant I can no longer recommend Aventus to anyone in good conscience. It's its sheer popularity.
Anyone with money and the niche tunnel vision I had back then reeks of it.

Typical situation:
Alsterhaus, three gentlemen with the same fanny pack of Gucci enter, Tom Ford, yes ne, you know. They want something new, extraordinary. Creed, already heard of "brothers", you take a look. The lady at the Creed counter immediately points out Aventus, everyone smells it at the same time - "that's a cool one Digger, I'll take it! Three more, often becomess the Signature.

And so it goes on until then all are infected.

He didn't deserve this, and then he did, a contrast that is difficult and brought him here.

Aventus, you brave knight. It's time to let go. Perhaps you will be seen in new garb, with new being. Until then
JazzClub
The classic that comes too often...
The Aventus is & remains a cult fragrance, the opening in the top note is fresh & tangy, apple and bergamot I find here most strongly marked. 2-3 sprays are also sufficient, more would be too strong for such a power fragrance.

What I find a pity, however, is that the Aventus is probably the most cloned fragrance in the world. "Club de nuit Intense men" for example, is one of my favorite Parfümdupe of the Aventus.
It just does not pay off so many Euronen in the hand to take to hold the great original in the hand.

Flacon: The lid actually does not last long or turns after a while and is not quite firm. For expensive niche fragrances, this is a no-go. Especially since that is but with Creed in recent years of the Öfteren noticed, Z.B. also with the Creed Royal Oud.
Henryst911
Even heroes die are not immortal!
Everyone knows this fragrance.
Creed Aventus.
The fragrance that everyone talks about, that everyone wants to have, the one that makes all other perfumes look old and the fragrance which is the Ferrari among fragrances.
No question. For me, this mixture of sweet / fresh accents such as the pineapple and bergamot and the woody notes of the Aventus just smells special. Some compliments I have already collected with this perfume and I must admit it was initially my dream finally times sometime to own Aventus.
When I bought him then at his nevertheless very proud price I have him also worn with pride. I felt special and that alone through this fragrance.
All in all, a very successful DNA, which smells a little sweeter or a little woodier depending on the batch.
Which brings me to the main point of my review...

Every Aventus I've smelled so far that was a batch from 2020 or more modern was just pure fraud. The new batches bear no resemblance to the old ones whatsoever. The fragrance smells just a little fresher and more synthetic, but because it has been reformulated, it no longer lasts as long as it once could. At that time up to 10 hours on the skin still perceptible and my latest batch holds just as long as a 15€ Müller perfume.
Only one thing has remained the same - the price!
No more purchase recommendation for this fragrance, one should expect that it is the Aventus from earlier!
Brescia
With high... too high... expectations?!
Hmm, I finally got myself a bottling of the legendary Aventus.

The him very similar to be supposed "Armaf Derby Club de Nuit Intense Man Eau de Toilette" I had already bought before blind (at the top price). I liked that very much, reminded me somehow of Italy and the fragrance in the Gutteridge stores.

Well, so the original in front of me.

1 tiny spray, then another strong one afterwards...
After the top notes faded...I smelled the Armaf Derby Clib de Nuit....
I waited another hour...but nothing changed. On the other arm so for comparison my "copy"(!?) of Armaf.... Both scents are very similar.

I can't say which one I like better.
Given the price, I clearly have to declare the challenger the winner.

For me, clearly "Armaf Derby Club de Nuit Intense Man Eau de Toilette" wins the race.

Excellent fragrance with downsides
What can I say ... Creed Aventus - a fragrance with high probability every fragrance fanatic or even interested is a term.
My first points of contact with this fragrance there was - as so often - about a sample and I have befriended me directly with this fragrance - so a fragrance of the definitely also directly at the 1st Riechen gefallen erlangt.
This is of course also in a way negative because it is not a uniquer fragrance (more).

Another highly discussed thing is also the dupe's with the meanwhile also smell very similar - often a little more synthetic in the opening but with almost indistinguishable dry-down - generally I'm friend of the originals to buy but at the price of Aventus, of course, one comes to wonder whether the marginal differences in the opening justify the price difference of 200 €. But this decision should make everyone for themselves

In addition, there are also the batch variations that do not necessarily speak for the purchase of Aventus - because you often do not want to buy directly from the manufacturer, through fear of getting a "bad" batch that has, for example, a miserable shelf life. These discussions were heated by the sale of Creed again, because it already led to some takeovers of fragrance companies subsequently to losses of quality because larger corporations like to save on raw materials...

Finally, after many negative aspects of Aventus, I must emphasize but again that this fragrance is a masterpiece in my opinion, which has found a place in my collection and also inspires me when used again and again.

As a tip for those of you who have not yet tested Aventus, maybe get a sample of Aventus and some well rated clone and form your own opinion ... to pay homage to Aventus I mention in this move times no clone examples.... :)

AlimoeAlimoe 10 days ago
Very good fragrance which is contains very good ingredients.

It is a fragrance which I wear mostly in the summer.
BrewmeisterBrewmeister 16 days ago
Fresh and cool scent, for the more mature man without smelling like grandad.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Strong pineapple opening with hints of smoke and other fruits. Gives way to stronger smokiness and woods/moss, then vanilla. Very versatile.
MrLawmanMrLawman 3 months ago
Aventus didn't only cause earthquakes in the community upon its initial release, it also made "reformulated" the most over used word ever.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
The opening is fruity with dominant citruses (but I don't smell pineapple). The birch gives it a smoky facet. The drydown is woodsy.
RonniweRonniwe 5 months ago
La primera Fragancia nicho que compré y no me arrepiento. He probado clones y ninguno llega a la calidad de esta.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 9 months ago
If you can afford it, don't look elsewhere.... will be on top for some time to come...
GreMuserGreMuser 10 months ago
Still one of the best fragrances out there, period.
Kazos07Kazos07 11 months ago
Overhyped imo. You will get compliments from men, but from women? Not necessarily
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 12 months ago
Nice scent, very weareable but the problem is that It has been copied too much time so It is not necessary to spend this money to smell this

by Blödel
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by Vawallpa
19S01
by Razvanyke

Popular Creed

Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed