Aventus 2010 Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Top 5 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum)

Olivier Creed

Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
OakmossOakmoss
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.10.2021.

Lukas94
You never forget the first great love
We write the year 2017.
Through forums and especially YouTube I became aware of the so highly praised Aventus and so I slowly but surely developed the desire to want to test this fragrance.
When I saw him one day in a perfumery stand, I took the chance and let him spray me. What followed was disillusionment. So this is supposed to be the fragrance that polarizes so and partly costs 3x as much as other fragrances that I owned so far and which I liked much better at that moment. I was really a bit disappointed and had written off the fragrance for me at first.
When I was one day, it was a cold winter day, once again to shop in the city, I went as always in a perfumery to test 2-3 fragrances. Here he was again, Aventus, and so I sprayed him again on a test strip, which I first emotionless put into the inner breast pocket of my winter jacket.
In the course of the day rose me every now and then a fragrance in the nose which I liked incredibly well. I was first completely irritated where this comes from until I finally came to the fact that this went out from the test strip from my breast pocket. When I got home I put the scent strip on my desk and smelled it every now and then. The more I smelled the scent, the more I liked it and so it came as it had to come, I placed my first order for a 50ml bottle.
Two days later it was already with me and after the first testing I was blown away. I liked the fragrance more than any other and I just couldn't get enough of this fruity, sweet and yet slightly smoky scent. The longevity and sillage of my first bottle (Batch 17S01) were and still are the best I have experienced in a perfume to date. Room-filling with 2-3 spritzes he holds with me on the skin easily 24h and is still perceptible after 12h as if I had just sprayed him.
Convinced as I was of my first bottle, it did not take long until I took advantage of an offer from a reputable online retailer and ordered me another bottle. Unfortunately, a different batch, where I got the first time the feeling that there must be something to the discussions about the different batches. The new bottle was still good in terms of durability and sillage, but didn't come close to the previous one. Scent-wise, this one was also a bit sweeter and less smoky and distinctive. A few months passed and so a good year later I ordered my next bottle. I do not know until today how it can come to such extreme fluctuations but this bottle was after only 1 hour already only skin close to smell and had accordingly also a quite miserable Sillage. So I directly ordered another bottle, in the hope that it is only an exception. Unfortunately, the same batch was delivered with the same problem. Disappointed, I then returned both bottles and so crumbled the first time my conviction of Aventus.
Since he has unfortunately over the last few years felt more and more popularity and the fragrance DNA at the latest since the release of Montblanc Explorer is also no longer very unique, Aventus has unfortunately lost more and more charm for me.
The original is still good and for me also better than the numerous dupes. However, due to the strong fluctuations in quality and the increasing awareness of the fragrance DNA, it is no longer worth the high price for me.

Today I fondly remember the early days with Aventus and wear my leftovers on special occasions. He was for me the proof that it is worthwhile but times beyond the designer fragrances to sniff in the niche world, for which I am very grateful. He will probably remain forever in my memory.

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked my first comment :)
cool water deluxe

When Aventus came on the market in 2010, the 75ml bottle cost 130 euro and the bestseller of the house was Silver Mountain Water.
Aventus was there, on the shelf, but hardly anyone looking for niche fragrances at the time was interested. Aventus was way too mainstream at the time, and sadly, not enough perfume art.
It all starts with the obligatory bergamot note. That works well with other manufacturers ( eg Bvlgari. All new fragrances start with a fruity bergamot note ). Citrus always bring a good mood and make you want "more".
With Aventus then follow quite mundane wood notes, and finally some oak moss romps in the base note.

I say: refined goes differently.
And sorry boys, Aventus has the same problem as almost all Creed fragrances: the formulation is simple+simple, and the longevity is sub-par.

Of course, I tried Aventus myself at the time, and in no time it was gone.
Various other reviews here also describe quite understandable, wue the intensity of the fragrance has declined sharply over the years.
When I come with acquaintances in conversation and they tell me proudly that they wore their Aventus today and the fragrance is soooo great, then I smell also: nothing.
Consistency, consistency...
Aventus - Hardly a fragrance is as hyped as this Creed.
He was my first niche fragrance and I must already say that this fruity-smoky note smells very pleasant and high quality. A quality that I did not know until then - absolutely top of the top.
The fragrance starts very fresh and fruity - concise is the high-quality pineapple note, which most clones do not get there. In the course and in the drydown it is then softer and smoother and a slightly smoky note joins. All in all, a top fragrance.

Disadvantageous, however, are the sometimes extreme differences in the batches. I can Creed in this point unfortunately not understand. "Consistency is the key to success" and here Aventus unfortunately does not score at all. Generally, the batches can be divided into three categories.
There is the ehr fruity variant (which I prefer), the ehr smoky variant and the balanced variant.
The batches differ so much that the manufacturer Parfums Vintage has even specialized in copying the different variants and offer.

With the very smoky and "aggressive" Aventus variant, I can well understand that this does not please everyone. However, these batches are not bad at all, only tastes are just different and you have to like this but strong smoky vibe.
The fruity and balanced batches, on the other hand, go in the direction of "crowdpleaser" and are applicable in almost every situation.

Surely there are buyers and lovers for all batches. But I advise everyone who is interested in Aventus, to deal well with the perfume beforehand and look for a suitable batch.

In general, Aventus is for me yet a masterpiece of Creed.
Aero
A journey to an almost forgotten time
Like many, I have long thought about which fragrance should get my first review. And in search of said fragrance, I stumbled across this little fruit.

When I first wore it on, it brought a smile to my face. I was thrilled with the sweet fruity opening. The vanilla hovering in the background, hiding slightly, rounded it out. Admittedly, it doesn't perform particularly well. He smells after an hour almost the same as in the beginning, only just takes the sillage gradually decreases.

And yet the Scent stayed in my head. Drilled, plucked and stimulated my emotion dress. And I didn't understand why. Yes, he smells delicious. But why was he occupying my mind so?
After a few weeks, it was still the same game inside me. But the foggy haze of incomprehension, began to clear. Shadowy images of the bottle appeared before my inner eye. The distinctive black lid and the shape of the bottle.... Where had I seen these before?
The image was joined by one of a red flannel shirt. Who turg this shirt? And what does it have to do with Aventus?
The smell also seemed familiar, after some thought. But how did it all fit together?
It took a few more days for it to click. But then my jaw dropped to the floor.
It was the signature scent of my now deceased uncle! WoW!
And suddenly I was drawn to a time I'd almost forgotten.
Because he had to move for a better job and had not yet found a suitable apartment for himself along with his family, he stayed with us and occupied my room.
He wore the perfume every day. Always put it on fresh after showering. And the whole house smelled like him.
We had a very nice time then and when the relatives moved near us, it was an even nicer time.

So that's what was brewing inside me!
I was relieved when I understood why that smell captivated me so.

And yet, that is exactly why I got into the "scent scene".

Memories, associations, emotions.
A, to me, good perfume makes me smile, brings me joy, brings back memories, projects images in my mind's eye. And Aventus is high on the list of my top (re)discoveries.

?
The ageing of a legend
Like for so many, Aventus was my introduction to niche fragrances. Back in 2016, I was still a student and had the opportunity to get a 50ml bottling of Aventus for a fair price via a sharing on Parfumo. I was absolutely thrilled! For me, Aventus was the perfect fragrance: masculine, confident, and strong, but also cuddly and the strong shoulder to lean on - while refreshing (different). A brilliant composition of fruity, woody, smoky, soft and sweet notes.
After I was done with my studies I had to call a bottle of Aventus my own. This one wasn't bad either - a little smokier and fruitier, but not quite as balanced as my bottling. In fact, I've also never received such and such compliments on a perfume as I did on that first bottling. Things like "Wow what are you wearing? It makes me all fuzzy" is something I've never heard before. My girlfriend at the time unfortunately criticized it every time I wanted to wear something other than Aventus
This bottling I would have given a 10/10 without hesitation. My bottle still manages a solid 8 from the scent and there we are, unfortunately, already at the downside. The batches of Aventus are unfortunately extremely different and I find it honestly said something a cheek at the price! Initially I thought these were the many natural ingredients and a sign of quality. The ratio of natural to synthetic ingredients is - if you believe professional perfumers but not exceptional. Besides, other brands manage to deliver a roughly consistent quality even with many natural ingredients. I always wondered if it was because of the generational change at Creed?

Last but not least, then, the arc to the title. In the meantime, Aventus has grown old. Some manage to age in would, others shine brightly and rather briefly for it. With Aventus is rather the second the case. Without question, we are dealing with a legend that has left a lasting mark on the perfume world. This can be seen in the way Aventus is still talked about today, the large following and the chasing of certain batches that are traded at astronomical prices - and especially in the countless dupes that now exist. We almost have to do with a whole new fragrance direction that Aventus has coined. Unfortunately, however, Aventus has perished on its own success. The brand Creed which became THE niche brand not least by Aventus - is meanwhile bought up by an investment group which is probably rather interested in short-term profits. Thus, here on Parfumo, the Creed fragrances are meanwhile complained about the poor durability. The fragrance DNA is now as already mentioned nothing special.

The question remains is it worth it today to buy an Aventus? To spare my bottle (my legendary filling is now used up) and for this review, I have tested a current batch again at a sharing. I must say that I like it quite well in terms of fragrance and was also almost a little closer to the old original again - however, it smells to me almost more like a copy of Hacivat than a real Aventus - only with a frighteningly poor durability.

In short: Aventus is and remains a legendary and absolutely brilliant fragrance. Due to strong fluctuations in the batch quality and the now miserable durability, I would nowadays but rather to an offspring from the fragrance family founded by Aventus advise - for example, to just that Hacivat.
Standing ovation........
I know..........what else is there to say about Aventus. It's all been said in many many reviews. And yet I would like to dedicate a few words to him here.

A big big thank you to the house of Creed for this fragrance. Thank you for rekindling my love of fragrances and my interest.
Before Aventus, I did not know the niche segment at all.
I dabbled in designer fragrances and eventually the soup was eaten. Somehow interested in the 78th flanker of Davidoff ultra super mega giga Intense Coolwater no longer really. And also the super soft smooth cuddly blablabla version of Chrome Azzaro pretty much passes you by the A#%$£.
And that's when one of my best buddies came and sprayed Aventus on my wrist.

..................I was speechless. I've never smelled anything like it. I was blown away and my love was rekindled. I realized that there are 1000's of fragrances waiting to be discovered in the niche world.
This is now 10 years ago.
Aventus has changed, has been changed.
But the love remains.

Clearly Aventus has now become the sauvage of the niche world. And yet all thanks are due to him from me.
Without him I would never have discovered Himalaya, Virgin Island Water, Intoxicated, etc.

Without him, I would never have written this like this.

I bow down to you
Memory vs. reality
Hello everyone,

my journey into the perfume world started in 2016. Mr. Jeremy had convinced me to buy an Aventus.
Since I was still a student at the time, 280€ was no small matter :P

I ordered a sample of it and was fascinated by this fragrance.
A fragrance I had never smelled before. Something that gives hope. Just WOW.
Dreamy pineapple that you did not know so yet, sexy masculine fragrance that has turned heads wherever you went. I was definitely the best-smelling man in every auditorium. ;)
Unfortunately, I do not know what batch the sample had, but that was the hammer!

Anyway, I then decided to buy the 100ml.
After the first sniff I have already noticed that the fragrance smells different than the sample. Somehow weaker, but still good. At that time I had no idea of batch variations

5 years , countless blog posts, youtube videos and hundreds (possibly thousands) of euros later, we are in 2021.
Aventus is still hyped 11 years after its existence. But meanwhile with rather bad than good publicity.
I look back on this fragrance with one eye crying and one eye laughing.

2020N are batches that are just a shadow of what it used to be.

I recommend from the bottom of my heart that if you want this fragrance be sure to get older versions and not spend 280€ on a new bottle. One will only be disappointed.

Reminds me of Hollywood actors who were so incredibly beautiful in their youth and disfigured themselves with plastic surgery in their old age. :(

R.I.P Aventus

Had to get rid of that times. Is really a pity that has developed so and I'm sure that all here see the same.
Dennis79
King Aventus & his sinister minions (incl. dupe comparison)
A short time ago I already wrote a review of the official dupe of Armaf *Club de Nuit Man Intense EDP*. Of course I knew that Creed Aventus is the original, but had never tested it extensively. One of the Parfumos asked me to test it and sent me 2 other samples of unofficial dupes with the hint that they are also very close to the original (many thanks at this point!). I take this as an opportunity to describe my personal impression of the Ober-Creed and to compare it with its competitors. Note: Since Aventus is a highly emotional topic for many of you (hot love) - I try to describe my impressions as honestly as possible, so as not to offend anyone. Let's Go!

Fragrance (10/10)
How does it feel to wear *Creed Aventus (Batch 2017)*?
- The fragrance DNA is even for me newcomer simply unique fruity and at the same time masculine. Erwin Creed has really created a masterpiece here. For me, the fragrance smells like fresh fruit (predominantly pineapple / sweet grapefruit). Compared to its peers, the individual components blend together much better, it smells more natural and high quality overall, and the opening is a grenade. You just feel good!

When do I wear *Creed Aventus* most like?
- Mainly in summer to autumn - no matter what time of day. For the winter I personally lack the warmth by eg a stronger vanilla, tobacco or other spices - here I choose dear Spicebomb Extreme.

SILLAGE (7/10) DURABILITY (7/10):
- The sillage as well as the longevity I think is good on this batch, but not exceptional, but that's probably due to the natural ingredients, which are supposed to last less than synthetic ones. In a perfume of this price range, however, should be more in it (no matter how), because otherwise I have to spray on more, so that I can be perceived by others.

FLAKON (6/10)
- Durchschnttlich. From the outside you can not really guess what fruitiness slumbers inside. Here I would have rather wished a darker liquid or a more colorful bottle. Black and white is somehow loveless.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE (6/10)
- Of course ingredients I smell out and these cost now more money. In relation to dupes, but from the customer's point of view bring a similar benefit, the price is too high for me, so I either a) just get a bottling or b) a dupe with similar DNA.
--------------
COMPARISON TEST - AVENTUS DUPES:
Armaf - Club de Nuit Intense EDP (Fragrance: 8/10 -- Sillage: 9/10 -- Longevity: 9/10)
Very strong *acidic* grapefruit opening, which takes some getting used to but isn't really bothersome (to me). After about 30 minutes, very smooth scent, very much like Aventus and round. The sillage and durability is the strongest in the comparison test. The Dauerläufer!

Al Haramain - L'Aventure (Fragrance: 9/10 -- Sillage: 7/10 -- Durability: 8/10)
The fragrance is very close to Aventus. Where the CDN weakens, namely in the opening, this smells very natural and is strongly balanced in the transitions. The sillage is similar to Aventus. The durability on my skin even longer perceptible. TOP!

Rasasi - Pour Lui (Fragrance: 6/10 -- Sillage: 6/10 -- Durability: 5/10)
Opening very synthetic for me and disharmonious. Here I find even the CDN significantly more coherent. While the CDN is very strong at first, the scent molecules have already found each other. With the Zebra, the scent molecules still seem to dance lapaloma. The sillage as well as durability were, at least on my skin, also not convincing.

Divain 228 Dupe (Fragrance: 8/10 -- Sillage 7/10 -- 5/10)
Divain is a Spanish company that officially specializes in dupes. Before the CDN of Armaf, this was my first contact ever with the Aventus DNA. The opening has surprised me in comparison really, because it has a smoother Opeining, than the CDN and is the smokiest of all candidates. With all the others including Aventus I perceive the smoke more as a dry, green tea note. With the Divain, it's smoke and less fruity for me. Similar sillage to Aventus, but significantly worse longevity.

CONCLUSION:
The original is and remains the DUFT king and is recommended to all who are looking for perfection and who are willing to pay many times more for the remaining 10-20% more quality (Batch 2017). All others find with L'Aventure by Al Haramain as well as Club de Nuit Man Intense in the EDP version! seh favorable alternatives and even better durability.

P.S.: Was tested in each case paralell with Aventus and another Dupe directly on the skin over a longer test course, in order to be able to meet also really a comparison to the smell change, Sillage and durability. Of course, I do not exclude that one or the other fragrance may behave differently on your skin.
The fading love...
The first niche fragrance I had ever smelled and what have you flashed me at the beginning. The freshness, the fruit, the smoke and the experience. Absolute hit, so I wore you proudly before me like a very famous Youtuber his own creations - with the same unbearable naivety and obtuseness. Now the newer batches got worse, the longevity dropped, the smoky notes disappeared altogether for me - I like Club de Nuit better here by now. So now I stand in front of you many smelled scents later and think: You are nothing special at all anymore
Oh you old love
Today times Real Talk about a fragrance that now comes away far too bad. My first Niechenduft and I always come back to him. Many alternatives and dupes have come to me in the meantime under the nose. Among them Orion, Explorer etc and even some that tried to pass themselves off as original. But all these fragrances don't have much in common with Aventus. The secret to the magic of this fragrance is probably the selection of natural smelling ingredients and their mixing ratio. The more recent batches take a rather fresher approach here, focusing on lemon in the top note. The fragrance is even more transparent than its predecessors. The fresh character unfortunately has a negative impact on the durability. Not that it is no longer noticeable, but the new batches are no longer as room-filling as they were back then and it also lasts, in quotes, only 5-6 hours. But if you take the level of most summer fragrances as a benchmark, the current batches don't do badly either. People who just want a fragrance that goes down well won't go wrong with it. It has less potential to be a signature scent because of its popularity, but it doesn't have to be. I for one still like to wear it today, if only because I associate events of that time with it. Even if many don't recommend buying it out of disappointment, the scent is worth a try especially for people who haven't been spoiled by old versions. ✌️

JMWeedJMWeed 22 days ago
It’s a great scent, one of the best ever. Just so expensive and the performance isn’t there.
Jbl775Jbl775 25 days ago
A nice fruity and masculine fragrance. Made the pineapple note synonymous with its name.

can be worn any season, any time, any event.
ZerkaloZerkalo 1 month ago
The old king is still alive, sitting up in a throne of his own indifferent to the shadows of his past, but his glory days are long gone.
AlimoeAlimoe 3 months ago
Very good fragrance which is contains very good ingredients.

It is a fragrance which I wear mostly in the summer.
BrewmeisterBrewmeister 3 months ago
Fresh and cool scent, for the more mature man without smelling like grandad.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Strong pineapple opening with hints of smoke and other fruits. Gives way to stronger smokiness and woods/moss, then vanilla. Very versatile.
MrLawmanMrLawman 6 months ago
Aventus didn't only cause earthquakes in the community upon its initial release, it also made "reformulated" the most over used word ever.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
The opening is fruity with dominant citruses (but I don't smell pineapple). The birch gives it a smoky facet. The drydown is woodsy.
RonniweRonniwe 8 months ago
La primera Fragancia nicho que compré y no me arrepiento. He probado clones y ninguno llega a la calidad de esta.
Mohdt966Mohdt966 12 months ago
If you can afford it, don't look elsewhere.... will be on top for some time to come...

by Blödel
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by Vawallpa
19S01
by Razvanyke

Popular Creed

Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Tabaróme Privé / Vintage Tabaróme by Creed