Aventus 2010 Eau de Parfum

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Top 7 in Men's Perfume
Aventus (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Eau Duelle (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesLemonLemon Pink pepperPink pepper AppleApple BergamotBergamot BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesPineapplePineapple JasmineJasmine Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesBirchBirch AmbergrisAmbergris CedarwoodCedarwood OakmossOakmoss MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.05.2022.

FlaconneurFlaconneur 10 years ago
I was asked to sample Aventus while visiting the fragrance counter at Neiman Marcus one afternoon. I was already wearing something at the time so, I declined. The Creed...
UberallesUberalles 2 years ago
i remember when this perfume arrived in the marked i bought it with such a passion such a unique creation back there, after that they reformulated it and removed...

A Flawed Masterpiece
Ever since I dived into the rabbit hole of fragrances a year and a half ago, there is one man’s fragrance that is consistent in conversations.

If you are reading this, you heard about Creed Aventus as well.

After hearing from nearly everyone about how amazing Aventus smells, I bought a decant from one of my college acquaintances after he bought the bottle from Nordstrom. It was time to smell and test it for myself.

----

The first thought that comes to mind after smelling the various layers of Aventus is how amazing it smells! It reminds me of a man with valid confidence. Perhaps the man possesses conceit or arrogance to a point that it is a character flaw. However, the bravado is legitimate. The man can back up his words.

As for the scent itself, Aventus opens with a burst of fruity freshness that has a little edge to it with pineapple, blackcurrant, and bergamot.

The scent then morphs into a smooth, smoky heart note that blends patchouli, birch, and juniper with a hint of floral jasmine that gives it some sophistication.

The base notes of ambergris and vanilla keep the fragrance smooth, slightly sweet, and wearable throughout the fragrance.

The smoky heart note makes Aventus decisively masculine, similar in a way to classic men's scents. However, the light sweetness in the top and base notes gives the fragrance a modern touch.

----

The performance of Aventus is my biggest issue. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement.

On a positive note, I have zero problems with the sillage and projection. It has an above-average range. It will not scream your arrival as you enter a room. However, most people should notice the sillage trail as you walk by them.

Then there is the longevity. Aventus is an Eau de Parfum, so I have higher expectations. However, it only lasted five hours on my skin.

That is notable because fragrances last longer on me. I can say that there are Spring/Summer Eau de Toilettes that possess better longevity.

It is enough to get through an important event (e.g., a conference with multiple bosses, an anniversary dinner, etc.), but if someone seeks an Eau de Parfum that will survive an entire day without reapplying, Aventus will disappoint.

(I will note that my connection had a recent batch, and many people state that older batches have better longevity, or the bottle may have to sit for a while. I may have to change my review to reflect this.)

----

In terms of social usage, Aventus shines with glorious fanfare with the versatility it brings. Whether it is an everyday fragrance or one for big life events, such as a marriage proposal, Aventus shines like a supernova—except the star gets stronger!

If someone wants to wear Aventus to the gym, it is soft enough that it will not nauseate everyone within their vicinity. I rarely recommend fragrances for the gym, but Aventus absolutely can work there.

If someone wants to wear the fragrance for relaxation or errands, Aventus is good for that as well, whether someone wants to walk the streets of a major city to clear their mind or wind down the day reading a book before going to sleep.

I wouldn't expect a teenager to wear this fragrance (assuming they can afford it), as Aventus possesses a mature vibe. However, whether someone is a young adult entering the business world, or someone older who wants to try something new, Aventus works.

That said, Aventus is absolutely at top form in the office, and on a date night. The sillage is perfect for people to wonder where the amazing smell is coming from. This is something a person will want to wear for a big date night or an important board meeting.

----

Creed Aventus deserves the hype it gets in the fragrance community, and I consider it a modern masterpiece, if not a generational fragrance. The smell is amazing and is one of the most versatile fragrances out there.

While Aventus is a masterpiece, it is not flawless. A 50 ml bottle easily costs over USD 200.00 (and possibly over USD 300.00, depending on where a person purchases it). For anyone seeking a fragrance with high performance, Aventus is not worth the price because of questionable longevity between batches.

However, if someone has the wealth to use it as a daily or signature scent, or if anyone wants to splurge for a fragrance to use during special events and occasions, Aventus will not disappoint, because the scent is that amazing!

Aventus the king
Love the smell of Aventus on my skin. This is a special occasion scent for me, but can't help spraying it on even when I'm home all day. I have noticed some batch variance, but Aventus is Aventus. The signature fruity pineapple opening gives way to a subtle woodiness and dries down to a heavenly aroma. I've heard of the 'nose blindness' that occurs, and it may also be a problem with me because the fragrance really does not project as much as I'd like it. Even so, this is the best fragrance I own...and yes...way overpriced. But I guess the exclusivity is what makes it somewhat alluring. I've tried other cheaper clones, but keep coming back to appreciate the quality ingredients in this product

Connoisseur6
The perfect cologne for men
Scent: There's a reason Aventus is known as "the king", it's because Aventus is a fantastic interpretation of the ultimate/perfect men's cologne. It's fresh in the opening yet interesting and smokey, just pure perfection. The pineapple note seems to be dialed down in my 2020 batch and the bergamot and blackcurrant are dominant instead.
Some think it can be a little boring in 2022 due to Explorer and other inspired designers, but Aventus is still better than the designers in every way, besides the price tag of course.

Performance: Haven't had the pleasure of trying the older batches, but the performance is pretty good on my skin. Hard to make an estimate on projection, but it probably projects for 3-4 hours and stays on skin for 12+ hours. I was actually quite impressed when I could clearly smell Aventus on my skin after a shower.

TuxedoMan
Aventus and batch variations!
There is a lot of talk about Creed Aventus and the infamous batch variations and reformulations (?).
First of all, let me say that I am wearing Aventus since 2015 and have owned and used 4 different bottles over the past 5 years. I just finished my older bottle this week, a vintage 2013 batch (13W01), I have used a 2015 one (don't know because I didn't care for the batches back then), a 16E01 (2016), a 50ml bottle of 17R01 (my favourite) and have a 20E01N sitting as a backup for a year now.
I love them all! Yes they do smell SLIGHTLY different. You can DEFINITELY notice it, altough in the air they basically smell the same, like Aventus of course! But, to me, that's one of the most interesting and magical things of Aventus. It has a life of it's own. You will find 3 different "sides" of Aventus: you have the SMOKY side; the BALANCED batches; and the FRUITY side.
A SMOKY batch will have stronger notes of birch and musk, the woody an leather accords are more prounced in those batches and it will feel heavier, more dense, smokier .. that's what a smoky Aventus is. With that density usually comes a little more longevity. That more pronounced leather accord from those batches is where people get the similarities with Mancera's Cedrat Boise from (not all Aventus have that - it is subtle though ..).
The BALANCED batches are great to my nose. Exactly what the name suggests, a more balanced composition where none it's different sides shout louder. From my experience the batches that are well balanced have the strongest projection and a really beautiful scent trail and sillage. The vanilla in the drydown is to die for. Really beautiful.
A FRUITIER batch is usually not as base notes dense as the others and have a brighter, fresher and frutier opening. It was only when I got one of these batches that I could clearly smell the apple and the bergamot. For the people who love freshies this is the perfect type of Aventus batch for you. The opening is so uplifting! I feel that the fruitier batches project really well for the first hours but then sit closer to the skin. Even with those I always get at least 8h longevity with Aventus (YES, even the newer 2020 batch).
With all being said, please bear in mind that the same batch can also smell and performe differently with diffent Seasons of the year, temperatures, humidity, and of course in different skins.
This is how Aventus as ALWAYS been through the years. It is a masterpiece fragrance. All those batch variations are completely normal and to be expected with the natural raw materials that the house of Creed is known for using. It can be off putting, of course, sometimes you don't know what you get. But fortunately, you can easily buy samples to try and test them first. And as I said, IT'S ALL AVENTUS. Those are small nuances, noticeable (sure) but minor, an untrained nose won't pick it up most of the times.
What I would like to clarify here is the following: Aventus is as good now as with the older bottles. Please don't get caught into this batch variation rabbit hole. The performance is still there, the smell is the same (with the same batch variations), the quality of the ingredients is the same, the pacaking changes but only minor things, sprayer is great, it's all Aventus as we know it. What DID change is the price that is sky rocketing nowadays and that is what is pissing people off. If it's worth it, is up to you! If you look careful online you can find stores that sell the 50ml for arround 150-60 euros and the 100ml for 200 euros (that is acceptable for me). It's Aventus, it's pricey. We know that.
Concluding, I finished my 2013 bottle this week and had a new 2020 bottle that I used for a week everyday and then let rest in the box for a whole year! AFTER that MACERATION time, I sprayed the 2013 batch on one hand and the 2020 on the other. The 2013 leans to the smokier side, and the 2020 batch is frutier. Both smell great like Aventus! 2020 lasted 12h on my skin and the 2013 lasted an extra hour and a half (total of 13,5 hours). The 2020 one projected more strongly for the first 3 to 4 hours mark and then became closer to the skin. The 2013 one sat closer to the skin during the wearing. I was very pleased with that. After that I gave them a full day wear and realized I like the new 2020 batch more then my prized vintage bottle. With all the batches from the bottles I have owned (and also bought a LOT of samples/decants along the years to try) my Aventus experience was always very similar: 8,5 to 14h of longevity (usually 12h); strong projection for the first 3 hours and always THAT AVENTUS DNA through years of wearing it. Please keep in mind that Creed fragrances are often linked with cases olfactory fatigue, specially Aventus. I fell that happening. It's not an easy fragrance to test, so if you are testing it don't keep trying to smell it all of the time and ask for other people to smell it. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED. Also notice that YOU CAN'T really compare a vintage older bottle to a brand new fresh one. It didn't have the time to age. And even if you leave it still macerating, you still can't compare bottle because of different maceration time. To make things worse with older bottles they can start going bad (specially the top notes). For sure they WILL go bad, it's just a matter of time. If you're looking for a good LAUGH look in forums for old threads about Creed batch variations. The batches people PRAISE NOW were also being THRASHED BACK THEN. Really, go look for it. It's a mind trap. The previous one is always better .. the vintage one, the unobtainable one is always be the holy grail .. "my neighbour's wife is better than mine" .. Come on, we are better than that.
IN SUMMARY
AVENTUS IS STILL AVENTUS! The quality, smell and performance are still there. Maceration time is a real thing and will bring the performance up. Test if for yourself if you can. The only problem with the actual Aventus is the price (it's going up!) but you can still find it new in stores for 200 euros for a 100ml bottle. That's an acceptable deal IMO. PLEASE save your self some time and money and don't go chasing for "magical" vintage or older bottles, clones or whatever. You want Aventus? It's NOT discontinued. It's up for sale. Just grab one. It's the same Aventus we love. Fragrances are to be worn, experienced, felt. If you love and want Aventus, just get it. I'ts a beautiful fragrance.

Your friend

Legends never die...
I was one of the many who thought "Creed Aventus can be replaced because so many of its clones are on the market" (MB Explorer, Rasasi 9325, Armaf Club de nuit and so on...). But every time I try from my sample I feel like driving the premium car I always dreamt to possess while thinking I was fine with my mass market car because it does the same. No it doesn't ! And that's exactly the point of this fragrance, notes are more subtle, the citrussy smells shows a higher quality, the durability is just above expectation for a fresh smell.
At the end of the day... mea culpa, I was wrong... and I bought Creed Aventus !
Used to be good
Dear fragrance friends & girlfriends,

it's probably the associated memories or the old scent experience that make this fragrance seem consistently positive, but I'm of a very different opinion these days.

It used to be one of my favorite fragrances, but since Black Rock has completely neutered the pineapple out, I just don't like this fragrance anymore.

I find it very sad because earlier I was happy to pay the price for the then in-house brand,. Meanwhile, no more, because he is no longer what he used to be...

Often I read here from Dupes aka Emperor Extrait, Rassasi, Armaf or whatever.
That is defiantly not the same as it was back then, unfortunately.

On the one hand I am glad that I have experienced the good time of the Aventus, on the other hand I am nowadays simply only sadly over it what this whole reformulation history then again, from a smell stable at that time, made.
What moved the whole thing to this is, among other things, the takeover of BlackRock, the sales price fad and what has now simply become of almost the entire perfume industry.

It's like so often, with a lot of old time fragrances, that they either get dropped from the range completely or are so blatantly neutered that they just aren't what they used to be.

Too bad about the old Aventus, he was once a 9, but now he is a 08/15 fragrance off the shelf.
The people, like me, who still have an old bottling at home can consider themselves lucky on the one hand, but on the other hand, the bottle will be empty at some point and then you do not really know what real alternatives you have instead.

The prices will, even if they were before already so taken off, soon crack the 350€ mark.
Whether it is worth it to someone for this reformulation must of course each for himself decide. To me it is not.

Trend setter
Without doubt since it launched about 12 years ago, aventus has spawned multiple copies by other houses, or at least inspired many fragrances. I’m thinking of musc imperial, explorer, vibrant leather, hacivat - which is actually nicer than aventus in my opinion. Also, I think the cologne version is less pungent and more wearable.

The King
One of the best scents out there. If you can get a batch from before 2017 then you are in for a treat. Great fruity woody scent. No clone except Pineapple Vintage Emperor comes close to this amazing scent. Longevity is for me between 6-18 hours depending on which batch I use. Some find it annoying that batches can be very different. I find it highly interesting and something that makes me come back to this frag again and again. Impossible to get tired of.
Lukas94
You never forget the first great love
We write the year 2017.
Through forums and especially YouTube I became aware of the so highly praised Aventus and so I slowly but surely developed the desire to want to test this fragrance.
When I saw him one day in a perfumery stand, I took the chance and let him spray me. What followed was disillusionment. So this is supposed to be the fragrance that polarizes so and partly costs 3x as much as other fragrances that I owned so far and which I liked much better at that moment. I was really a bit disappointed and had written off the fragrance for me at first.
When I was one day, it was a cold winter day, once again to shop in the city, I went as always in a perfumery to test 2-3 fragrances. Here he was again, Aventus, and so I sprayed him again on a test strip, which I first emotionless put into the inner breast pocket of my winter jacket.
In the course of the day rose me every now and then a fragrance in the nose which I liked incredibly well. I was first completely irritated where this comes from until I finally came to the fact that this went out from the test strip from my breast pocket. When I got home I put the scent strip on my desk and smelled it every now and then. The more I smelled the scent, the more I liked it and so it came as it had to come, I placed my first order for a 50ml bottle.
Two days later it was already with me and after the first testing I was blown away. I liked the fragrance more than any other and I just couldn't get enough of this fruity, sweet and yet slightly smoky scent. The longevity and sillage of my first bottle (Batch 17S01) were and still are the best I have experienced in a perfume to date. Room-filling with 2-3 spritzes he holds with me on the skin easily 24h and is still perceptible after 12h as if I had just sprayed him.
Convinced as I was of my first bottle, it did not take long until I took advantage of an offer from a reputable online retailer and ordered me another bottle. Unfortunately, a different batch, where I got the first time the feeling that there must be something to the discussions about the different batches. The new bottle was still good in terms of durability and sillage, but didn't come close to the previous one. Scent-wise, this one was also a bit sweeter and less smoky and distinctive. A few months passed and so a good year later I ordered my next bottle. I do not know until today how it can come to such extreme fluctuations but this bottle was after only 1 hour already only skin close to smell and had accordingly also a quite miserable Sillage. So I directly ordered another bottle, in the hope that it is only an exception. Unfortunately, the same batch was delivered with the same problem. Disappointed, I then returned both bottles and so crumbled the first time my conviction of Aventus.
Since he has unfortunately over the last few years felt more and more popularity and the fragrance DNA at the latest since the release of Montblanc Explorer is also no longer very unique, Aventus has unfortunately lost more and more charm for me.
The original is still good and for me also better than the numerous dupes. However, due to the strong fluctuations in quality and the increasing awareness of the fragrance DNA, it is no longer worth the high price for me.

Today I fondly remember the early days with Aventus and wear my leftovers on special occasions. He was for me the proof that it is worthwhile but times beyond the designer fragrances to sniff in the niche world, for which I am very grateful. He will probably remain forever in my memory.

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked my first comment :)
cool water deluxe

When Aventus came on the market in 2010, the 75ml bottle cost 130 euro and the bestseller of the house was Silver Mountain Water.
Aventus was there, on the shelf, but hardly anyone looking for niche fragrances at the time was interested. Aventus was way too mainstream at the time, and sadly, not enough perfume art.
It all starts with the obligatory bergamot note. That works well with other manufacturers ( eg Bvlgari. All new fragrances start with a fruity bergamot note ). Citrus always bring a good mood and make you want "more".
With Aventus then follow quite mundane wood notes, and finally some oak moss romps in the base note.

I say: refined goes differently.
And sorry boys, Aventus has the same problem as almost all Creed fragrances: the formulation is simple+simple, and the longevity is sub-par.

Of course, I tried Aventus myself at the time, and in no time it was gone.
Various other reviews here also describe quite understandable, wue the intensity of the fragrance has declined sharply over the years.
When I come with acquaintances in conversation and they tell me proudly that they wore their Aventus today and the fragrance is soooo great, then I smell also: nothing.

PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 month ago
This is the perfume every man should have. Beautiful by its nature, it can (and should) be used in any place, time or climate. Amazing!
ManCamManCam 2 months ago
Fresh & Smoky. One of the best fragrances for men. In 2050 they will still be talking about batches. Spring & Summer with him... life's good
PauljaegerPauljaeger 2 months ago
All batches of Aventus are great, if you give the juice a little time to develop. Don’t ever believe that newer aventus batches are bad.
PallidusPallidus 2 months ago
It is a fresh fruity perfume with something smoky underneath. Great for an everyday office scent. Nothing challenging, quite safe.
PizedPized 3 months ago
I cannot imagine a "cleaner", better balanced cologne for men. This and Royal Oud are the only colognes I would wear (for a formal event).
SyddemizardSyddemizard 3 months ago
It's still good.. Quality
Arman038Arman038 4 months ago
It's still a good fragrance but it's so overpriced. Many clones have made aventus redundant.
AntAguAntAgu 4 months ago
5.5
Bom mas não tão bom como anunciam
VinScentVinScent 4 months ago
No clone has that fizzy sparkling effervescence. Quality ingredients. Still too expensive:my 2020 batch should perform better (it's average)
TuxedoManTuxedoMan 5 months ago
The Masterpiece from Creed that changed modern perfumery and brought niche scent to the masses!
A timeless classic for ages to come ..

by Blödel
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Flanker
by Flanker
creed aventus - king shit ;)
by Felsn
by Vawallpa
19S01
by Razvanyke

Popular by Creed

Royal Oud by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed