Aventus for Her 2016

Aventus for Her by Creed
Aventus for Her is a perfume by Creed for women and was released in 2016. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGreen apple, Violet leaf, Calabrian bergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Styrax, Mysore sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesPeach, Blackcurrant, Ylang-ylang, Amber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.11.2020.

Smoked goods
I'm torn. At first this fragrance is lovely, flowery, fresh and gentle, already special, but so are others. But after an hour an oriental Styrax dealer suddenly sits by the fire and torches his goods. All I smell is incense and I get compliments for this fantastic oud scent. I like the incense better than the flowers at the beginning. The spread outdoors is measured in several cubic meters around me. I tried it outdoors in the summer heat, but it was good. After 24 hours it still sniffs inclusive shower. Awesome.
I think men can wear it too. Just don't take too much of it. The Aventus herd scent has no chance next to this If I could wish for Christmas, it wouldn't be long now.
(K)a counterpart
If you listen to Creed, you inevitably think of Aventus, but what about Aventus for her? The fragrance, which according to Creed is supposed to be the feminine counterpart to the legendary men's perfume, and yet it came on the market 5 years later, in 2015:

The first and only time I tested Aventus for her was 2 years ago: So this is the counterpart to the most hyped-up men's scent of all time? If you read my statement, which I wrote at that time, you quickly realize that we didn't really want to get warm together. After the fresh start, a prickly-woody mood quickly followed, the whole creation seemed to me to be even unround and I threw the sample disappointedly into the next corner. Who knows me, of course, knows that it wasn't just any corner, but a creed bag in the sample section of my perfume cabinet. But the sample should have waited for me for a while as well, which it luckily did.

In the meantime I tested a lot of other perfumes, got to know interesting brands, single fragrances and many perfumes better. And again and again I heard that one or the other wore Aventus for her, so much so that they were looking for fragrance twins to save the expensive fragrance for special occasions.

One thing first: I did not find a worthy scent twin or scents that remind me of Aventus for her, here Creed has done a good job in terms of uniqueness.

A few weeks ago, maybe also due to the summer slump and the general boredom, I dug out the said sample again and wanted to give it another chance.
Sandalwood is one of the fragrances I had to get used to, not one that immediately seemed pleasing or even endearing, like patchouli or vetiver. And you definitely have to like sandalwood to be able to wear Aventus for her.

After several wearing tests, it was revealed to me what the fans of this fragrance love about him: It's an apple-sweet freshness that lies almost tenderly on initially slightly prickly, later creamy to almost powdery sandalwood. Decorated with fruity and rosy notes, the fragrance gains velvety tendencies in drydown through peach and ylang ylang. A perfume that, unlike the men's version, doesn't scream for attention, but gently caresses the skin of its wearer. It seems completely unisex to me, as it never seems too sweet or feminine, contrary to what the company's own website says.

Furthermore I feel it to be independent of the seasons, although I did not wear it on the very hot and humid days. Its fragrances probably bloom best in a golden late summer and autumn time. Here I would like to wear it again. I would classify it as suitable for most occasions, be it in everyday life, at work, in leisure time, or even as a wellness fragrance, it should be easy to use, and I would also give it signature scent qualities
The durability is excellent: sprayed on in the evening, I can still feel it on my wrist the next morning, with medium to good sillage, with 3-4 sprays you are on the safe side here.

However, there is a slight synthetic quality, because apple notes are mostly not of natural origin, these, as well as woody notes should be liked to appreciate this perfume
Even though woody notes will probably never be mine, I am still glad to have made the acquaintance of this extraordinary fragrance.

Your Flaconesse

(Video follows)

5.5
The Cat in the Bag
What a sneaky smell!
Crime scene: Alsterhaus, two weeks before Christmas. I was out on the town with a friend, we were testing men's fragrances for your friend. A nice saleswoman sprays the famous Aventus for him on a little paper, not bad.
"The ladies' version is also very beautiful" she says, and immediately both our arms are dripping wet from the said scent.
Oh yes very nice, the Ladies-Aventus purrs at us with fruity and rosy freshness.
After one hour our noses enjoy the fresh air and find some relaxation after the previous scented roller coaster.
A little later I was curious to see how the Aventus was doing on my wrist.
I fritzed the sleeve of my parkas to the side, slap! A pungent smell came towards me and my nose was tingling. I was confused. You couldn't have been Where has this pleasantly soft, fruity freshness gone?
I didn't admit defeat yet and tried again.
But there was nothing to do, the stuff was hissing and biting and scratching Woody fresh, pungent, synthetic.
First you ingratiate yourself and then you get a slap, I thought, grumbling.
And it holds like Pattex. On many a day Aventus has covered my actual perfume on my right arm when I was wearing my parka, although the sleeve of my top is in between...
A smooth 10 for the durability, also the sillage is decent.
My parka will soon be sent to the cleaners.

Unrequited Love
The only notes Aventus for Her has in common with Aventus are Bergamot, Rose, and Black Currant, sorry to say. Green apple here is apple there and I suspect not green. I awaited this perfume, fully expecting to fall in love, like I did with Aventus. My feelings were not reciprocated this time. The Violet leaf and Pink pepper here are too aggressive for me and the promising-sounding base isn't strong enough to balance them. The result is a perfume that leans toward the male spectrum, rather than the feminine, IMO. I keep wearing it, hoping AFH will soften and show a more alluring side. In three wearings it has not. Mind you, this isn't an offensive scent. like Guerlain L'Instant, for example. Because of its quality notes, I have no trouble wearing AFH. I just don't want to. In a way I'm almost reminded of Tam Dao's assertive woods, perhaps because these two do share Rose, Sandalwood, Amber and possibly pepper too. AFH does mellow after an hour or so, but not fabulously. Perhaps it's the storax that isn't working. Whatever the case, this is a well-done fragrance with volume and longevity that hasn't returned the love I anticipated feeling for it. Hubby says it's for an intriguing woman, not a man. I left the counter with Creed's gorgeous Love in White and Love in Black, instead.

SerepaveSerepave 4 years ago
Sooo fresh ... it smells like a Greek summer!

by Timmama
by Timmama
Ich wünsche euch allen: Bleibt gesund und genießt aktuell die kleinen Momente!
by Flanker
by JulianNock
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed