Chèvrefeuille 1982

Chèvrefeuille by Creed
Chèvrefeuille is a perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1982. The scent is fresh-green. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesHoneysuckle leafHoneysuckle leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckleHoneysuckle
Herbaceous notesHerbaceous notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.03.2019.

Chèvrefeuille
This fragrance opens with with a beautiful honeysuckle note as tart and bright as lemon. A herbaceous accord surrounds the main floral like baby’s breath does a flower bouquet. Despite their dewy, minty freshness the green notes are very perfume-y and this diminishes the freshness of the main floral. Nevertheless, the spring-like character of the scent is retained. As the fragrance progresses the honeysuckle note fades more and more, leading to a phase in which the fragrance is more mossy than floral. Also this accord starts rapidly fading as this short-lived Creed rushes towards the dry-down. The fragrance is fun and lively at the beginning, only to become dim and murky towards the end.

Feuilles de Chèvrefeuille!
I reviewed Creed CHEVREFEUILLE for the first time nearly two years ago, and I must say that I was shocked. It was a case of seriously dashed expectations. I expected honeysuckle; I found a bright citrus green. My conclusion was that the perfume was misnamed (as Creed perfumes often seem to be), and this composition should really have been called FEUILLES DE CHEVREFEUILLE.

Since I did not really believe my first experience with this perfume, although I had obtained manufacturer-carded samples from a licensed retailer (parfumsraffy), I decided to obtain a fresh sample, and since I only just reviewed Annick Goutal LE CHEVREFEUILLE, this seemed like the optimum time to take up the Creed again.

My conclusion: the samples were of the very same perfume, perhaps even drawn from the same vat! This is a very bright citrus green perfume! I like it, but anyone who is looking specifically for the girlish scent of honeysuckle is apt to be disappointed, and guys might easily overlook this excellent scent, thinking that it must be a soliflore. It's definitely NOT that!

Creed CHEVREFEUILLE is an olfactory neighbor of Bond no 9 CENTRAL PARK, a powerful citrus green which I happen to love, but some people do not. There is no question that it's a distinctive mix of bitterness and greenness. CHEVREFEUILLE is a bit more citrus and less bitter but still quite green. I like it a lot and recommend it for testing by anyone who likes bracing citrus colognes.

I feel that I am detecting vetiver in this mix, though it's not listed among the notes, and the ambergris is light but it's definitely there holding everything together. This is a good perfume, and absolutely unisex, if not ever-so-slightly masculine in character.

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed