Erolfa 1992

Erolfa by Creed
Erolfa is a perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1992. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Cumin, Melon, Orange, Rosemary, Lemon, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Ginger, Jasmine, Coriander, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Oakmoss

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.10.2020.

David Beckham
David Robert Joseph Beckham. I think we all know that. Even those of us who don't know anything about football. Not only has he been included in the list of the 125 best living footballers in the world since 2004, but he also has many advertising contracts in various industries, works as a model, played supporting roles in several films and is without question a giant trendsetter.

In several fashion magazines and interviews David claims to wear Erolfa by Creed. When I see David Beckham on TV or in videos on Youtube etc., I see a good-looking, chicly dressed, successful, self-confident and on top of that a likeable mid-40s.

Creed Erolfa is a very fine, fresh and spicy scent that fits perfectly to the appearance of Mr. Beckham. Not too loud or pushy. Not too sweet and not too casual.

Now a quick look at me. I am 30 years old, work as a social worker in the public sector, have played at most Kreisliga A, can lose 10 kg in any case and am dressed rather loosely than chic in everyday life. And m.M.n. Erolfa von Creed fits me perfectly. It was certainly not love at first sight. Especially the cumin in the top note disturbed me a lot in the beginning. But what Creed can do is that in many fragrances they create an irresistible drydown for me. You think of Millesime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed. For me with the most beautiful drydowns there are.

After a very fresh and spicy start, the melon makes it progressively warmer and sweeter without losing freshness until it fades away after about 6-7 hours. I find the scent absolutely high-quality and versatile. However, I prefer to wear it in the evening and also during the day, when you go out to eat or for birthdays and other celebrations. But for me it is also wearable casually e.g. on a nice summer evening on the terrace.

The Sillage is, as mentioned at the beginning, rather restrained and not loud. So as I personally prefer it. To support the sillage and the durability, it is also better to apply this creed on a shirt or shirt instead of on the skin. In my case it easily lasts 6-7 hours on average and radiates well in the first 2 to 2.5 hours.

I can only recommend you to give the fragrance a chance and test it several times. I am glad that I did it and I am looking forward to have Erolfa as a great companion for spring, summer and also autumn.
The fragrance for billionaires
This is not about Russian oligarchs or swank-loving pseudo billionaires. No, I'm thinking more of those who, due to their financial possibilities and their busy schedules, basically want only one thing:

The best, and stress-free.

The billionaire I have in mind does not want everyone in the same room or in first class to notice his perfume immediately. He also doesn't want his perfume to shine or even destabilize panties.

No, he just wants to smell perfect. Not like everybody, that goes without saying. And with every breath he takes, he wants to perceive a scent that pleases him, that makes him feel good.

Erolfa is the absolutely perfectly balanced fragrance for the summer. It does not scratch, bite or prick, does not strain, does not strike the stomach and does not take itself too seriously.

He's just there. It's as natural as if he'd always been there. He caresses the nose without coming on to me. He's perfect without being pretentious. He's persistent without being pushy
It smells in a way that makes a summer day at the sea, in the city or at the airport pleasant: light, refreshing, bright, natural, clean-synthetic. It smells a little bit like the sea, salt in the air, and a perfect blend of citrus fruits, flowers and woods.

It's the only Creed I haven't met yet. A dear perfumo colleague had sold me a bottling once without knowing that it was tilted and that what he always thought was Erolfa was just a distorted mask of Erolfa.

Also in the perfumery trade they maltreated me with a version that was the victim of bright spotlights and time gone by.

But now I finally have a fresh bottling in my hands and I am quite astonished that such a fine fragrance is rated so highly that Bruno Banani & Co. easily surpassed it.

I have to assume that several tilted versions are not entirely innocent of this. But maybe also some noses that are less into subtle but more into powerful scents.

I still have difficulty with the price. After all, I do not belong to the group of people mentioned above. 100ml for 180 Euro, that would still work. But 100ml are too much. Before I get it empty, the fragrance is tilted three times. And 130,- Euro for 50ml are a bit steep. For a light summer scent and for non-billionaires.
Loopmer
High quality summer scent!
My first Creed bottling, so I can't compare the other Creed fragrances in quality, but I'm quite excited about this fragrance, but I can understand if others in the community find it too expensive in price/performance.

I just blindly ordered this bottling, because I was looking for aquatic fragrances and the Creed Erolfa caught my eye in an online shop because of the bottle.

After application, you smell a citric note that comes absolutely unspectacularly and causes disappointment. My first thought: smells like every 0815 summer scent. After about 30 minutes, however, a sweet one stabs you in the nose, which is probably violet. This is paired with a tangy orange. In the background, the woody and spicy nuances are a little noticeable. At the same time, the whole blend looks very fresh and cool, absolutely refreshing on a warm summer day. Despite the freshness, the fragrance looks very elegant, so that you can wear it in your free time as well as in the office. The Sillage is quite close to the skin, but that doesn't bother me, because quite a lot of summer scents that I have tested are very close to the skin. You can perceive the scent for about +/- 5 hours...could be a bit longer.

All in all, this is a great fragrance that is quite unique and provides great refreshment on warm days. I will probably get a bottle :)
Extremely weak performance
Another one of my Creed comments. My brand is rather not and will not be, also because of the bad price-performance ratio. With Virgin Island Water I have one in my collection. Green Irish Tweet and Original Santal are two that I would definitely buy. Aventus has never been my case, although it has its reason for being. The brand has many fragrances that I don't think are bad at all. But: Many of them don't perform really well. Like Millesime Imperial, for example. At 200Euro+ I expect a great performance. I've tested almost all of the current bestselling creeds and I will probably test some more.

Now to the Erolfa: A rather unknown one compared to all the more successful bestsellers. Not unknown in the fragrance community of course, but he is much in the center of attention among the few. But you can also find fans of this scent from 1992, not so much in the social media, but here in the statements it is.
I'd already given him a cursory exam. As an Aquat fan I gave him a second chance with a 2ml bottle: I still don't really like him. It is pleasing, fresh and also reasonably comfortable to wear. Freshly sprayed on I find it pungent and slightly uncomfortable, which disappears after a few minutes. But at no time does it really carry me away. Aquaten simply has much better and more carefree scents, even in the low-budget range. Despite the large pyramid it is quite linear without a great flow. It has a little similarity to Millesime Imperial in style. Here, however, it goes in the aquatic direction. It also has a hairspray-like touch. Not really unpleasant, but I don't need to. It's hard to describe the fragrance of this one, because there is nothing really exciting to tell from my side.
Let's get to the two most important things about this fragrance from my point of view: First, the price. In a blind test, I wouldn't even have guessed at niche. It does not necessarily smell cheap, but I would have guessed between 20 and 80 euros. I find it pleasing, but it lacks that special something. It is fresh, linear and somehow splashes away.
Problem number 2: A great performance could save a lot of money now. For a good shelf life and a good silage you could pay a lot more, especially in the fresh area. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I'm surprised that some people set this performance so high. I even see 10.0, not for me in life. Millesime Imperial has the same game. Maybe there are again different batches like with other Creeds.
With my skin I usually get the maximum out of it and I have to say: This performance is miserable. Sillage almost not there, not even at the beginning. Extremely close to the skin, you have to stick to the sprayed area with your nose. Also from the durability a rather short fun. It lasts 3, maybe 4 hours. Nothing unusual for fresh scents, but massively overpriced and with missing Sillage.

I give 6.0, because it is not unpleasant and will not cause any problems. If I included the price/performance ratio he would get less. But everyone has to think for himself

The soul of Creed
I always have a "problem" ,
which fragrance should i choose in the moments when I cant "breath" of a high heat...
Now i know, for the high heat just perfect is good ehougnt...
It must be refreshing (not bitter), it must not smell a like sometnhing cheap and synthetic...
without a big sillage, but with good longevity.
When I say summer, I think of Creed, a house that offers a lot of great fragrances for the Spring and summer.

Erolfa definitely belongs to the group of the scents that lifts the mood and relax the mind.
But how can one aquatic be so special ..?
This is how can be... in the big space of ​​synthetic aquatic bitter cheap oranges and sea notes fragrances....
Erolfa is different in the most beautiful way...
Refreshing, Luxurious, tasteful and natural ... citrus (melon, apple, lime), ambergris, flowers, green, salty, on a musky wood base and a little delicious "metallic" freshness...

This is maybe the most beautiful scent of Creed, which is unfortunately in the shade of the much more popular fregrances of this house, such as Virgin Island Water or Millesime Imperial...
Erolfa is completely unfairly underrated.

This fragrance was made with love... The name Erolfa is derived from the first two letters in the names of Olivier Creed's family: (Er) win, (Ol) ivia, (Fa) bienne
So... it is not a coincidence that right in this fragrance is the most potent the smell of the Creed "soul" "of Creed base", Erolfa is the heart of this house, "which smells like Creed DNA".

All the charms of this perfect blend are reflected in the masterful simplicity, something like the Spring Flower fragrance of the same house and one of my favorite women's fragrances.

Of course, the performance is not something that any aquatic of this type could boast of, but in this case they are quite "good"
Once i have tested 10 different Creeds in the same time on the paper...i couldn't believe it... but Erolfa was a winner in terms of longevity...

For a full day of enjoying the tropical heat Erolfa is definitely one of my favourites.
Maiden voyage
Today the maiden journey with the new E car - to the family doctor of all places.

To add a little more glamour to the action, I jumped into my regular perfumery.

Maybe you can christen a new car with perfume - it doesn't always have to be champagne.

Oh - Creed Erolfa is on sale !
The Creeds look like this to me - like this to me.

I swear on Aventus for her and for him - but I already had trifles of this label in my nose.

And Erolfa also leaves a question mark on my forehead.

It is fresh through the bergamot and lemon, a hint aquatic through the melon - but then dull and slightly musty through the cumin.
The orange picks up this damper a little and I smell the morning air.
But this flies through bitter, dark oak moss.

No, I don't want to greet our new family members that gloomy.

I prefer to use Aromatics in Black - which despite its title seems much friendlier and brighter than Erolfa.

The car shouldn't squeal with fright.
Creed again
I wanted to test the Erolfa for a long time because I like the Creed fragrances very much. According to the descriptions here I rather assumed something towards Royal Water, Dior Eau Sauvage or Aqua di Parma Colonia. So I am positively surprised that he rather goes in the direction of Millesime Imperial (or Silver Montain Water). Haven't read (or perhaps also overlooked) this here so far - it's the talk of MI's seborific grandfather but honestly I don't agree. The mMn doesn't smell algae at all. I am not a fragrance analyst even though I claim to know a few things already. It is also not mentioned as the MI's fragrance twin. The fragrance is citric fresh like many Creeds- I can't filter out single notes and it takes a pleasant development into the sweet after about 1 hour. Unfortunately, it is very fleeting and radiates very weakly. Find it still worth buying even if the prices at Creed are as always debatable. I personally haven't smelled a fragrance that smells like Erolfa in the sense of a 1:1 shower twin.
Norleans
Just a matter of getting used to...
Now you could say, scents that you have to learn to like first are not the right scents for you.
But with Erolfa I am glad that I have worn it again and again.

When I sprayed it on for the first time, I found it unpleasantly algal-stinking and so not comparable to Millesime Imperial. I sprayed Erolfa over months every now and then and it got better from time to time.

Meanwhile I find Erolfa so ingenious that I intend to buy a bottle. MI I almost feel like too good...

It was the same with the beginning of my interest in Scottish whisky (without "e", because then it would be American or Irish :-) I also learned that). At the beginning I only tasted the simple, sweet, rather less complex drops. In the course of time, I have also tasted more and more the smoky, peaty whiskies that deter many people! They worked their way up somehow.

That's how I feel with perfume, too, because Erolfa is not flat and not one-dimensional, if you get involved with it, you get a complexity and beauty that I rarely smelled before.

I can absolutely understand the rating of 6.8. I would have rated him even worse after the first smell. But if you don't spray it only once on a test strip or on your wrist and slowly fantasize about the scent (several times), then it comes to the smell revelation!

Please do not let the first and slightly smelly algae aroma deter you, the scent needs time and will.

By the way, I'm going through something similar with Viking :-)

Summertime at the sea.

This Creed scents reminds me of the ocean and gives me a yachting vibe.
A real masculine scent for the summer
Lots of citrus fruit and
bit salty, bit spicy.
Longevity Is not very strong (but in my opinion all the citrus notes are not strong)
Silage is not perfectly strong but it is good not 2 weak.
Novalis
... in honor of his family..
... you might say. At least the name comes from it, which was newly created in the years. Erolfa for Erwin, Ol for Olivia and Fa for Fabienne, his wife. Both children should probably also be employed in the company.
The scent was already around 1900, in the cabins of the first class on board the Titanic, they stood as a present of gesture - nostalgic.
Erolfa and the Titanic are symbolically connected with the "blue ribbon".
How he smelled at that time, one can only guess, because he was reworked several times.
Erolfa starts citric (lime in the foreground) and peppery, a slightly salty sea note is added and one literally tastes the maritime air. It bump - yes, you read correctly, algae, and sea bills added but not as "ihhh- factor!". Over time, these components develop in a more balanced way.
There might be some vervain in it, too.
It results in a fresh, herbaceous possibly also slightly sour whole. The day at sea can start. There's nothing musk, amber, etc. to be found here.
Durability and Sillage are not the hit here but not so bad now.
Flacon again wonderful.
Ahoy there!

KingPinKingPin 20 months ago
Ok-ish marine scent, not bad at all, but too expensive for what you get.
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Another great scent from the house of Creed.

by Hergele
by Hergele
Erolfa Liebt auch Sylt  :-)
by Dawg
by Ben90
Blau
by ivko

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed