Fantasia de Fleurs 1862

Fantasia de Fleurs by Creed
Fantasia de Fleurs is a perfume by Creed for women and was released in 1862. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose
IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
IrisIris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.02.2021.

Lovely Ghost
I'm wearing this perfume and I like it very much. Nothing loud or offensive here in the least, just uncomplicated beauty. After all, such simple notes can't very well shout -- not if they're natural, and Creeds are largely so, often entirely so. They still make their perfumes by hand in batches in the old way. No remotely plastic-smelling or synthetic anything here. If you love quality bergamot, like I do, if you love natural Iris and Bulgarian rose, if Ambergris is your favorite animalic, like it is for me, you'll enjoy Fantasia de Fleurs. Very likely, the beauty I'm smelling is quite close to the original 1862 version made for Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary, aka Sisi. In a very odd way, I may have met her. Here's how. In my former work, I traveled to Geneva a lot and my favorite place to stay was the Hotel de la Paix on the lake. On my first visit, I learned about a royal woman murdered under the linden trees along the lake. They brought her into the Beau Rivage (which is next to the de la Paix) and she died there. Her ghost was rumored to haunt the hotels. Now I discover that woman was probably Sisi, stabbed by an anarchist as she walked under the linden trees toward her steamer. Sure enough, half the night I couldn't sleep, aware of a "presence" in my room. Logic told me nothing was there, but finally I had to do something so I sat up in bed and talked to the ghost, saying, "I'm so sorry you were murdered on vacation and died here, but I'm not on vacation. I have to work in the morning. Please let me get some sleep." The room changed completely and I didn't feel a presence after that. Just my imagination, surely, but I'm so happy to wear Sisi's perfume, if only because she was nice enough to let me sleep. Not half bad to smell like an empress, either.

LiliumLibido
Tuberose Indiana's younger, more personable sister
.. Even if the fragrance was actually created earlier in time, lol.

Much like T.I, this one also explodes with many more notes that are not listed, but unlike Sherapop, I do not find much of a connection with Cabotine, which is a good thing because for me Cabotine is like Cryptonite, lol. (but I am reviewing the original, not the reformulation. I actually have no idea what the reformulation smells like)

A huge, effusive, dramatic floral, FdF has added musk and loads of it. In tandem with the ambregris, it creates "naked" feel, as in nude skin, upclose and personal. The fragrance will take you through a myriad of visuals from a sumptuous flower garden to the beautiful naked lady walking through the garden, to the rush on her skin upon noticing her lover walking through the gate of the garden. This perfume is a fantastic mix of Victorian restraint and hormonal unleashing, lol.

I prefer Fantasia to Indiana because I find it more intimately sensual, though that may be purely a question of personal chemistry. This one also transfers easily and sticks to everything like crazy glue: I have this one jacket that has been cleaned several times over the years yet still bears traces of Fantasia.

With all its "proper" and "ladylike" floral opening, Fantasia really is, in my opinion, quite the player: her drydown is just short of raunchy, thanks in part to the indolic flowers that keep mingling with the musk and the ambregris. It's a slightly powdery veil that touches everything and lingers for ages, raising enough questions and leaving enough memories to torment the staunchest cold fish in the room.

Cabotine's Kissing Cousin
Creed FANTASIA DE FLEURS is not a three- or four-note perfume, for starters. The überfloral opening features, among others, neroli and jasmine. Would that this were an amber/rose/iris perfume! Instead, what I find in this reformulation is a close cousin to CABOTINE and related venus flytrap florals: Very sharp, very loud, sure to induce headaches in some, impossible to deny the presence of even a small dab.

For those who like CABOTINE, FLEUR DE ROCAILLE (1993), FIORI DI CAPRI, et al., I can recommend, in principle, FANTASIA DE FLEURS. However, in practice, you'll save a bundle by heading to TJMaxx and snapping up a gallon of CABOTINE for the price of a small bottle of this Creed perfume. I do not mean to suggest that the two are identical, but everything is similar to everything else to some degree, and FANTASIA DE FLEURS comes closer to CABOTINE than does any other fragrance that I have ever encountered. In fact, while wearing FdF, I kept thinking about CABOTINE: how I managed to acquire so much of it, why despite my desire to like it, I really do not...

by MissGuerlain
by Siebter
by Sensual
by Sensual

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed