Green Irish Tweed (1985)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Green Irish Tweed is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1985. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesVerbena, Peppermint, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Iris, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.04.2019

10.0 9.0 8.0 9.0/10

Norleans
Shut up and take my money!
Green Irish Tweed was one of the first bottlings I got as a perfume newbie.
What I was disappointed that the resemblance to Cool Water was so great. In no time I had sold the bottling again. Case closed!

Now I wanted to put Erolfa aside with a similar defensive posture, but after trying it several times the "disgust" turned into the opposite. Why not give GIT a chance again?

So I ordered a new bottling (which hasn't arrived yet), but out of impatience I went to the turquoise D in Hamburg-Poppenbüttel yesterday and sprayed a touch of GIT on my wrist. My view has changed significantly:
Of course the association with CW is very strong. But after a short time GIT reaches a depth Davidoff could only dream of. I feel it more metallic, herbaceous, angular. In the drydown you can smell the smell of the stable from Creed.

That Green Irish Tweed is not as original as some brothers and sisters may be because of a very successful copy. Nevertheless, here an absolutely straighter, high-quality, to almost all occasions wearable companion is offered, which one can be only hardly over-smell oneself, since it is the classic par excellence.
Sure, Creed has his price. But you don't treat yourself to anything else. Whereby there are at the moment really very good offers on respectable sides.

Green Irish TweeT: #fresh #classical #Gentlemanduft #gehtimmer
7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Minigolf
With his head in the clouds, his feet on the ground
One could also call it the state of cheerful serenity without leaving reality. Feel lightness without "taking off". Such a "balanced level" represents for me "Green Irish Tweed".
Like the light, speckled wool fabric of the same name, which I also like.
Light as bright weather. a clearly noticeable pleasant wind breeze and green grass and fresh forest soil under your feet.
The fragrance's motto could be: "No everyday life is so stressful that you can't take a short, relaxing break. And then to go back to work all the fresher."
Or: "Not always is the daily all kinds of things as grey as you often paint them".
Bright and cheerful, slightly floral, with a "green heart" and trusting warm base. Or, last but not least: "Ether and earth", citrus-mint lightness and warm woods do not form opposites, they complement each other and form a wonderful unity------- POINT!
10.0/10

Algae are also green!
Green Irish Tweed... my rediscovery from two weeks ago. Well okay, I had tested it ages ago, but I didn't have much perfume on my hat yet.
Then discovered a sample and Bäm! he is smashed.
The scent:
Simple, actually nothing new, rather very old, the perfume has more years on its back than many a user. And somehow it's also known, that smell.
But!
It's this clarity. This well-known fragrance in its purest form. Just a salty green sea breeze blowing around you. As if the wind fished a ball of the finest seaweed out of the sea and clapped its face.
Algae are also green!
No, with I like the fragrance, finally a not sweet fragrance with which I can start something.

Made for a windy spring day.
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Xanthon
Love and Respect - Green Irish Tweed is a timeless classic!
Timeless classic. It gets mixed reactions, some people like it and some people don't. I love it and respect it. It is a cultural icon for the people who love greeny Irish countryside. I am man of nature and I love the sweet freshly cut grass smell. Well, lot has been said about GIT and it does capture that essence beautifully. Before I used GIT, I saw on internet that Davidoff Cool Water and Aspen for men by Coty are good alternatives for Creed GIT. I did buy Aspen for men and liked it. But, when I tried Creed Green Irish Tweed, I could see GIT is miles ahead. I can appreciate Creed for all the fragrances they have put in the market and created such hype around fragrances like Aventus, Milesime Imperial, Royal Oud etc. Not that GIT is not hyped, but I think it is justified. GIT is so so good, and is exactly what its name implies. For me, this is the best Creed fragrance ever entered the market. I like Royal Mayfair as well, but this one puts a smile on my face every time I wear it. Man, it projects so well and has good longevity. But, where it shines is the quality, concept and execution of the fragrance. I love it, and I respect it. For me, this is fit for business events or semi-formal meetings, mostly in the day time and can be worn all year around.
You know, please don't miss this one! It is worth the price IMO. Buy a decant if you dont want to buy full bottle.
As Always, keep smelling wonderful.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Not Irish but green mediterranean Tweed
It is green, it is aquatic, too, so the theme green coast has been hit, but it is not green-wet-earthy like the coast of Ireland, but smells much more like an Atlantic coast on the Iberian peninsula in spring on a sunny day. A very pleasant, clean and refreshing summer scent, which is also suitable as a night scent. The only thing that prevents me from giving a very high rating is my association with a high quality old soap, or a somewhat older shower gel, which is probably due to the age of this composition. Nevertheless, he has class, is in a good mood, radiates lightness and should not disturb anyone. But on the seducer scale he ranks in my opinion on the lower ranks, he is not mysterious, he is not strikingly masculine, he is also not warm inviting, or tasty, but could play out his potential, for example when dancing when you sweat and it is hot, who else will radiate with as much style, as much freshness as the wearer of Green Irish Tweed.
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Cool green Immergeher
The scent is very high quality for me. After spraying on, the freshness of the lemon and the peppermint with verbena comes to the fore, one believes to sit in the middle of a sunny, early summer green herb bed. Then the aquatic tones evolve, reminiscent of fresh sea breezes that sweep across green fertile land with flocks of sheep and rapidly changing light and cloud moods so typical of the green Irish island. In the drydown GIT is inconspicuous and decays after 6-8 hours without changing the scent character.

Surprisingly, however, GIT develops an "annoying penetrance" for me at high temperatures. Thus GIT requires a certain moderate outside temperature for optimal performance and is an ideal spring and autumn companion for me.

GIT has for my sensation (how fragrances worn by myself affect others would, I think, be a rating category of its own that would go beyond the scope of parfumo ...) a discreet but noticeable sillage and a quite high durability and I therefore only need to dose it small, whereby my 120 ml bottle will fortunately have a long life... :-)

As a bottle color for GIT I would find the green of the original Vetiver much more suitable, whereby Creed will certainly have had its marketing reasons, why it now of all things designs the 120ml bottle black, because I don't necessarily associate tweed fabrics with the color black
Conclusion:
No roar. No snob. Not a spice bomber. Not a Sillage monster. Discreet. Presence generating. Noble. Fresh. That's cool. Restrained. Not pushy, but there. The wearer does not need to define himself through him. For me clearly the best Creed with high recognition value. Even 33 years after its introduction, GIT still has the potential to become a signature fragrance.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

I really like this.
My first fragrance from Creed. The first time I tried this I wasn't a huge fan of it as it just smelled like freshly cut grass, but it quickly grew on me when the base notes started to come through a bit more. Not had any comments about it like I've had with other fragrances, but I don't personally think of it as an attractive smell in the first place, it's just nice and fresh.

Idolinav67
a freshly cut football field

The opening is fresh green. I think the smell reminds me of a freshly cut football field. However, I find that the fresh turns into a soap scent, which I find annoying. It is a fragrance that comes up in the morning. Not something for the evening.
3.0 8.0 7.0 7.0/10

somewhat disappointed
i love green and aquatic scents and now I wanted to have the predecessor of the Davidoff Cool Water in my collection. I ordered Creed Irish Tweed 100ml of Easy Cosmetics for 155€ and it arrived today. The bottle is nicely packed, but the cap wobbles which makes a cheap impression.

After the first spraying came the disillusionment. It smells similar to Cool Water, but far away from Armaf Tres Nuit and my other Creed - Irish Tweed Dupes. I would have expected more from such a well-known and expensive perfume. The Aspen for Men, which is cheaper by worlds, smells better to me
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

An absolute classic!
An absolute classic that is very difficult to replicate! I get about 9 hours with two sprays. Projects for about 3 hours and bordering on a strong sillage. The opening may not be to everyones taste. It's like a bitter citrus punch in the face, but in a good way! I can understand people saying they get a cut grass vibe but for me it's like a different type of leafage/foliage, some sort of freshly cut greenary!

10.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

GREEN IRISH TWEED
The Opening is green, and fresh, but not grassy like. The scent is more like leaves after a rain, or a cool stream in the forest. It definitely smells natural. You'll be able to get the Opening notes for a while, About 20 minutes, then the heart notes come in with the Violet leaf very present. Unfortunately I wasn't able to wait for the drydown. Green Irish Tweed is a green herbal fragrance very mature and sophisticated in my opinion.

Some People claim that this smells exactly like Cool Water.. This is not the case both are different fragrances, with GIT the much better one. Don't believe myths, try it out yourself, and you'll see the difference.

All in all a great fragrance, and on my wishlist.
8.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Gowens
Green Irish Tweed! So Good!
GIT is one of the most complimented fragrances for me. The freshness of this parfum last for me about 4-6 hours close to the skin. Silage is great as well. I wear this in formal and informal settings. One to be highly recommended. Rolling in the hills of Ireland is what I hear a lot and this is a great description. Although I have never been to Ireland, it is good to experience it in a bottle. This is in a class by itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Irish Tweed
7.0 6.0 5.0 8.0/10

Fresh and pure...
What a great smelling fragrance! It really feels like walking through the countryside on a cold, dewy morning... with the aromas of the vegetation and greenery mixed with that cold, damp air!

To me there is a lot going on here. Lemon verbena, moss, some orris, sandalwood and ambergirs. It's an incredible smell. I think this is quite pleasing and inoffensive, everyone will like this. On the other hand, I do feel that looking back, even though it is a great example of it's kind, it's not as incredible a smell as people make it out to be. That's probably because it's a victim of it's own success I guess. The comparisons to the aquatic fragrances seem to knock this down a little. I for one like it very much, but the comparisons are there.

Again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to spend the money for a full bottle or not. If it smells great to you, and you have the money, sure. I do appreciate what it does but I still think there are a host of fragrances which have copied this at a lower price point. A victim of it's own success perhaps, but still a great classic of male fragrances. Very very good!
10.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Green Irish Tweed;
25 years ago I first met my husband at the family doctor in the waiting room. I walked into the waiting room and smelled a wonderful scent. There were two men and a woman in the waiting room and immediately had it (who is now my husband) wearing this wonderful fragrance. Believe it or not, "it was love at first sight" for me. He started to talk to me and I found him once more charming and nice. When I was ready himself to the family doctor he was waiting for me outside and we made an appointment. My husband has worn over the years, of course, many other odors (there I made sure of: (- but this remains his signature scent).
Green Irish Tweed is refined, clean, fresh and stylish. On the right man, the smell is sexy and seductive.
As I described to women breathtaking (at least for me) ........
7.5 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Tux to Tennis . . .
Timeless fragrance . It will never go out of style, and it is a True, Tuxedo, to Tennis Shoe, fragrance . Only a few, can match it's versatility !

KLewis 8 months ago
Very fresh and green smelling scent, reminded me of cut grass on the top notes but the drydown is fantastic.
10.0
9.0
9.0
Lexa 2 years ago
Davidoff's Cool water for men with big dreams and high hopes.Green irish tweed is an adult Cool Water.+2
Hermesh 3 years ago
Juicy greenery with tart violets. (A lot of) ambroxan roughs up and brings the sea in the scent.+2

by Challenger
by Dawg
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Original Santal by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed