Green Irish Tweed (1985)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Top 41 in Men's Perfume
Green Irish Tweed is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1985. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Verbena, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet
Base Notes Base NotesFlorentine iris, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.08.2020.

A bit old... or not?
GIT was the first full bottle of Creed's house that strayed to me. I was freshly 18 and was strolling through the perfume department of a Düsseldorf department store when I first stumbled upon it. Aventus was already familiar to me, but the all-black bottle looked a bit "cooler" to me (Teenie Thoughts).
I asked the employee for a test strip, who first recommended "But to try the Aventus", which would be younger and more suitable for me.
Stubborn as I was, I refused the offer and she gave me the GIT test strip.

The first time I had the scent in my nose I said to my friend, "Wow look, it smells like freshly cut grass", whereupon he turned up his nose and said that he smelled like his grandfather's aftershave. - Great start
I was definitely captivated by the scent from that moment on, the fresh aquatic note in combination with the smell of the freshly mown meadow.
- now my newly 18 years old self looked at the price "Boah 225€? - that's a lot of money".
Luckily the nice saleswoman, who wanted to sell me Aventus before, was still standing nearby and pointed out to me that this was the last day when there was 25% on fragrances - 3 guesses which fragrance found its way to my home that day.

Now I am already for nearly 2 years in the possession over this sweetheart and I did not regret it yet one second. I have often received comments a la "Oh I think my grandpa wears the same scent", but I like it incredibly well.

The fragrance opens up a little minty for me, but after a short time it changes into a compote of freshly mown meadow and salty sea air. From the smoky fresh drydown I can also perceive something earthy and woody - probably cedar wood. But I don't want to talk much more about the scents, because there are thousands of members here who can do that better than me and must laugh about this description - look me up, I'm still learning ;)

In terms of durability, it has no problems at all on my skin to remain well perceptible for a whole day in the office or at university (8h ca). With 5-6 sprayers I regularly get compliments when the other person stands 1-2 meters away from me. - BTW it is a 17 batch for the batch fanatics

All in all, Creed GIT was my first niche fragrance and will forever have a special place in my collection!
Fragrentic
First impressions are deceptive.
So after I have checked the perfume on Parfumo with every new purchase for quite some time now and had spent a lot of time here, I took the time today to register here and browse a little bit in the souk :).
When I was sitting on my balcony tonight in slightly humid weather and had nothing to do, I thought I could write a comment. I know that the standards and the level of comments here is usually very high, so please leave your opinion and tips as an answer!
But which perfume should it be? After a short consideration my opinion fell on Green Irish Tweet, because I already had in mind, in which direction the comment should go.
I especially like to apply new perfumes in the evening to test them. One is undisturbed and can enjoy the fragrance in a relaxed way or, in case of less good scents, at least let it work on you.
And a few weeks ago I was sitting on my balcony in the evening, with very good weather for the time of year, and decided to try GIT from Creed again, although my first impression was anything but good.
Because when I first applied GIT to myself, I directly had the association in my head with my grandfather's old grey cardigan. I can't describe exactly what that was, but I was very disappointed at first. Was I perhaps too young for this scent after all? Where was the promised freshness? The first time I noticed it on a friend, I liked it so much that I ordered it directly...
When I sprayed it again the next evening, this image was again in my mind, although not quite as strong. Sad about my probably most expensive mistake, I put it in my shelf in the back and didn't pay attention to it anymore.
But I had decided, I don't know why exactly, to give him another chance after a break of about 2 weeks. And what can I say, the break has probably done him and me really good. Shortly after spraying on, I immediately noticed the freshness that I had missed the first two times. In front of my inner eye I had, thank God, no more outdated cardigan, but a high cliff in Ireland (probably because of the name) where the waves break and a pleasant sea breeze slowly moves the grass back and forth. Exactly the scent I liked so much the first time. There is something fresh and sea-like about it, but quite different than you might think. For me it is beautiful and perfectly rounded, but also wild and indomitable. The waves and the sea, even the rocky coastline and the grass harmonize perfectly and can all be smelled clearly with every breath.
But only the first hour. Then he withdraws a little. But only to be back again immediately in case of smaller gusts of wind or movements and to give you self-confidence and strength.
This scent has completely convinced me and I am very happy to have given it a third chance. Meanwhile I like to wear it in the office, you don't have to worry about its durability. Also the silage is not aggressively disturbing, but rather selective and very pleasant.
To cut a long story short: give this fragrance some time and don't let the first impression blind you, then it will meet all your expectations.
So that was my first comment here. I hope it was written reasonably legible. As already said, I am grateful for any feedback and suggestions for improvement!
After me only the Atlantic Ocean
It's a thing with Green Irish Tweed; the scent takes time. I was a bit old-fashioned at first, but something always attracted me. Was it the connection to my Irish patron saint, the appreciation of somewhat older scents? I don't know.
At first I thought to myself, what does this name mean? Green Irish Tweed? But with time and wearing it, I noticed that the name is well chosen, that Ireland with its rough sea and the unrestrained Atlantic Ocean and the freedom that comes with it is a successful name sponsor.
Green Irish Tweed is refreshing but it does not have Mediterranean freshness. We are not at the beach, no cocktails with umbrellas are served. We are in Ireland, the sea is rougher, the climate milder, yet the sun shines and sparkles on the sea surface. The cool and salty sea breeze caresses the nose and it is a different sea breeze than in Mediterranean countries. The air is a little cooler, grassy, maybe it comes from the surrounding land.
This is well made in GIT, which makes it look old-fashioned, but at the same time lifts GIT out of the fragrances for warmer seasons, because at night on the cliffs by the sea, with a Guiness in your hand, looking into the dark distance and listening to the wind, which makes your hair boil, that's where GIT is. It lasts long, longer than you might think because of its below average sillage and on warm days this sometimes gives it the advantage over Mediterranean scents.
Because sometimes, when a gust of wind comes and invites you to dream, it draws a path out of your home garden. This is sometimes surprising especially when the scent disappears and then reappears after 5-6 hours.

I won't hide it: all this also means greenish-maritime. It does not mean crystal clear, warm blue sea. It means the splashing of the spray on the cliffs by the sea with a breeze and yes, with the green tweed around the shoulders
Tommyxxl
Fresh and pleasant everyday scent!
Unfortunately, I have to say that my first encounter with GIT was not the very best. But I was so looking forward to finally trying this fragrance. But when I first applied it, I thought to myself, how has it all been so far ?

So I waited a few days, then applied it again and let it work its magic on me. And I don't know why, but the second time GIT had a completely different effect on me and fully developed.

At first this fresh breeze of lemon, with light peppermint worked on me (really pleasant and not obtrusive). Afterwards there were pleasant woody notes.

For me the scent fits in many situations. But I think it fits perfectly to a day when it rained before. Then a fresh breeze of wind is best and the sun shines through the leaving rain clouds. On such days, this fragrance fits perfectly into the day.

Another chance
The creeds of this world have never been mine. All well done and there are certainly a number of clearly worse scents. But nobody has torn me out of my chair in the past and taken me directly to a perfumery or to an internet portal. Now a new attempt, this time in the form of GIT, pronounce Green Irish Tweed.

To say it straight away, in my opinion the name does not fit the content at all, it suggested something completely different to what actually found its way through the spray head. Irish Tweed, my brain windings suggested to me a scent that could perhaps go towards Grey Flanell or Sartorial, in the end perhaps even following Irish Leather?

Far from it, I had expected everything, but not such a fresh impulse right at the beginning. And yes, I think it's really good. But with me the freshness only really comes to bear after a quarter of an hour, before mint dominates, but not killing, but rounding off the freshness cleanly. GIT then undergoes a remarkable development. Many, even really good scents simply remain linear over the entire duration of the radiation, this one here starts to soften a bit, often this has something to do with iris notes, so here too. But then the actual climax, in my opinion, begins in the form of the base note. And she develops beautiful, striking and present but still light, unobtrusive wood tones. I don't know this symbiosis of different wood notes from any other perfume. If I hadn't known to test a Creed, my guess would have been towards an Italian producer.
And the longer the fragrance lasts - and for a rather fine, light, woody newbie, this one thinks quite neat - the more pronounced the final chord becomes.

To sum up, Creed has done a great job here. With clear distinguishing features to many Mediterranean representatives, who mostly simply serve the dolce vita conceptions, which each of us carries so in himself, in the best way. GIT goes a bit further, it has an extra factor that makes him look a little more male.
Sillage is okay, can be brought to a considerable level with further spraying shots, or to put it another way, it fills the room. Durability, as mentioned above neatly. Flacon in the proven Creed style, but the blackness of the bottle seems rather inappropriate to me like the name.

A fragrance from the clearly masculine genre, which works very well in spring and autumn, but also shows its strengths on cooler days. Only on hot summer days can I imagine one or the other Italian as more suitable.

This Creed has what it takes, no to move in, but now is the time for rich and full fragrances, so GIT will be on my shopping list for next year.

PS: the often quoted comparison with Cool Water - I don't see. In my opinion, neither the opening nor the end are very similar. But anyway, tastes (or noses?) are different ;-)
Beautiful fresh green Immergeher
I've wanted to test this Creed for a long time. A few weeks ago a small ordered bottling arrived. In the fragrance community, a fragrance with a huge fan base and one of Creed's bestsellers alongside Aventus and Virgin Island Water. If you follow my comments, you know I'm not the biggest Creed fan. With VIW I own one from this house, but a brand for me with a bad price-performance ratio. If one finds good offers, one can strike however, since most are very pleasing and well wearable in the everyday life.

I was very curious about this one. Also because Cool water is a well-known fragrance twin and the fragrance has a huge fanbase and also everywhere else well gets away. I can anticipate: Rightly so. A great fragrance from 1985 with the typical 80s charm a la Cool Water.
The fragrance rightly has the fragrance twin Cool Water here. One of the greatest fragrance classics, which unfortunately is now a little exhausted but still enjoys classic status. With Green Irish Tweed you have a great alternative that goes in this direction but also has many facets of its own. The DNA is similar, Cool Water is more aquatic, GIT is clearly greener as the name suggests. And a nice herbaceous fresh spice. Very stylish, noble and serious. He is also very gentle and never too offensive, which is an advantage in many cases. It is well perceptible, but in a very gentle and pleasant way. It is also very maritime with a beautiful green note. Fitting to the Irish coast, where one owns a lot of green areas. This flair comes across well through this fragrance. Supplemented with some soft nuances. Very crowdpleasing.
Qualitatively I like it much better than many creeds, also because the performance on the whole is convincing for a fresher fragrance. From the house there are also very short-lived scents. Thumbs up. Some hours he holds out with good to decent Sillage.
In the everyday life very well applicable, particularly starting from approx. 30 years this smell comes well to the Geltung. But it can also be described as timeless, since he accompanies pleasantly despite his 85s. It's never too penetrating and annoying and you won't find any enemies in this scent DNA.

A fragrance that has its price. No money thrown out for me, though. Especially with special offers you can buy a serious daily fragrance. A scent that I like to smell, even if the gang hasn't jumped over a big spark.
A day in the forest
Do you have to apologize because you've already tested a Creed again and think it's great? No, I don't think so. At the most with his bank account, which had to endure some things already and probably also further will have to endure.

In search of a green, fresh fragrance, you can't get past GIT, and that's fine. Freshly sprayed, CW immediately comes to mind, smells very similar, whereby the Creed comes across much more relaxed and the chemical leg remains in the bag. The body is covered with a green mossy aura, not such a cold, musty moss, but rather warm, fresh moss. As the fragrance progresses, it becomes ever more harmonious and warmer, you are literally wrapped in this green GIT cocoon. I perceive the Sillage rather close to the body, therefore it is perfectly suitable for the everyday life, one can calmly apply some sprayers.

The aura lasts also approx. 6-7 h, then it becomes a little more calm and is almost not noticed by the surroundings any more, but one can still enjoy oneself by the scent clouds appearing again and again. On the skin you can recognize the scent even after showering + the next day. It's dreamlike. Creed manages to create fragrances that may not be the most courageous of their kind, but the chords harmonize perfectly, the sillage and durability are noble, they just feel good...so, enough of the praise. If you are looking for a fragrance that smells green-fresh-aquatic-mossy, you've come to the right place!
Fraqmental
Take me home country roads
yesterday he was again, such a day. A day when you go out on the terrace early in the morning and the fresh morning air gently climbs up your nose. Freshly rained. The small droplets still sit still on every single blade of grass and adorn the petals of the flower meadows, shimmering in the rising dawn. Socks off and barefoot through the wet grass, like a little child. The green of the meadows shines with strength and the blossoms of the trees show themselves in the first rays of the sun.
The still cold ground under your feet and every single blade that tickles between your toes. The air is still enriched with moisture and a freshness that is so soothing and soothing that nowhere else can you find it.
Closing your eyes and putting one foot in front of the other, very slowly and carelessly, as if contact with the ground pulls all the negativity out of your body.
That's exactly the association I make when I smell Green Irish Tweed. Admittedly, it is not my best fragrance and not the one I would find most appropriate in any situation. But on certain days and in certain situations, I don't want to smell anything else. I want to become one with nature and not artificially stand out from the crowd. Green Irish Tweed is not a fragrance for me, it is a still slightly drizzling spring morning in a bottle
Top spring fragrance
Admittedly, I remembered Green Irish Tweed (GIT) quite differently at first. After my first test about 2 years ago also frish-green but somehow juicier green. But since GIT unfortunately explodes my budget, I switched to the well known alternative Armaf Tres Nuit. At first I thought: "Hmm doesn't remind me of my first GIT test". In the meantime it has been degraded to my gym scent because of its catastrophic durability on my skin.

Today I tested GIT again extensively on the skin. "Oh, Tres Nuit is a lot closer than I thought." That still doesn't make the Armaf any better for me. The herbaceous character of GIT is simply unbeatable, the grassy deeper, more complex and more natural. An oldschool formula, as most of you know it, and yet GIT has a modern and timeless twist for me. In my nose, however, it is quite different from Cool Water, although I have no comparison with the vintage version. The perfect companion for spring, it does not scream and is not intrusive
Fresh out of the shower
At maximum temperatures in the cool shower and the fresh Creed afterwards on the skin, wonderful! However, my girlfriend says he smells like an old man's wardrobe with spices in it. Nevertheless I love his aquatic freshness which he bequeaths to me. Of course it leaves associations with Cool Water, but in my opinion it is much more mature in the drydown. It may be that some people feel him to be antiquated. He may be old-school, but that doesn't mean he's getting on in years. He still smells fantastic!

TombbbTombbb 70 days ago
I don't like fresh scents in general, but I'd definitely wear this one. Still would not justify paying regular price for the bottle.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 75 days ago
Pure gentlemen perfection. Classy citrussy green fragrance with a salty/marine note that I absolutely love. Perfect for spring/summer time
KingPinKingPin 15 months ago
Ok, I caved and bought a full bottle. This is so much better than all the other similar things. Now I'm poor but smell really good! :)
KLewisKLewis 23 months ago
Very fresh and green smelling scent, reminded me of cut grass on the top notes but the drydown is fantastic.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Davidoff's Cool water for men with big dreams and high hopes.Green irish tweed is an adult Cool Water.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Juicy greenery with tart violets. (A lot of) ambroxan roughs up and brings the sea in the scent.

by Challenger
by Challenger
by Fraenky
by Fraenky
by Kitho
by Kitho
creed - green irish tweed : ja, der ist einfach cool... ähhh... grün! näh... schwarz! ach, ihr wisst schon...! ;)
by Felsn
by TomDuft
by TomDuft
by Hergele
by Hergele
“i’ve been looking for freshness... i’ve been looking so long...” - SPRAY: knight rider modus = CHECK!
by Felsn
by JulianNock
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed