Green Irish Tweed (1985)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Top 30 in Men's Perfume
Green Irish Tweed is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1985. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Verbena, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet
Base Notes Base NotesFlorentine iris, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.04.2020.

After me only the Atlantic Ocean
It's a thing with Green Irish Tweed; the scent takes time. I was a bit old-fashioned at first, but something always attracted me. Was it the connection to my Irish patron saint, the appreciation of somewhat older scents? I don't know.
At first I thought to myself, what does this name mean? Green Irish Tweed? But with time and wearing it, I noticed that the name is well chosen, that Ireland with its rough sea and the unrestrained Atlantic Ocean and the freedom that comes with it is a successful name sponsor.
Green Irish Tweed is refreshing but it does not have Mediterranean freshness. We are not at the beach, no cocktails with umbrellas are served. We are in Ireland, the sea is rougher, the climate milder, yet the sun shines and sparkles on the sea surface. The cool and salty sea breeze caresses the nose and it is a different sea breeze than in Mediterranean countries. The air is a little cooler, grassy, maybe it comes from the surrounding land.
This is well made in GIT, which makes it look old-fashioned, but at the same time lifts GIT out of the fragrances for warmer seasons, because at night on the cliffs by the sea, with a Guiness in your hand, looking into the dark distance and listening to the wind, which makes your hair boil, that's where GIT is. It lasts long, longer than you might think because of its below average sillage and on warm days this sometimes gives it the advantage over Mediterranean scents.
Because sometimes, when a gust of wind comes and invites you to dream, it draws a path out of your home garden. This is sometimes surprising especially when the scent disappears and then reappears after 5-6 hours.

I won't hide it: all this also means greenish-maritime. It does not mean crystal clear, warm blue sea. It means the splashing of the spray on the cliffs by the sea with a breeze and yes, with the green tweed around the shoulders

Tommyxxl
Fresh and pleasant everyday scent!
Unfortunately, I have to say that my first encounter with GIT was not the very best. But I was so looking forward to finally trying this fragrance. But when I first applied it, I thought to myself, how has it all been so far ?

So I waited a few days, then applied it again and let it work its magic on me. And I don't know why, but the second time GIT had a completely different effect on me and fully developed.

At first this fresh breeze of lemon, with light peppermint worked on me (really pleasant and not obtrusive). Afterwards there were pleasant woody notes.

For me the scent fits in many situations. But I think it fits perfectly to a day when it rained before. Then a fresh breeze of wind is best and the sun shines through the leaving rain clouds. On such days, this fragrance fits perfectly into the day.

Another chance
The creeds of this world have never been mine. All well done and there are certainly a number of clearly worse scents. But nobody has torn me out of my chair in the past and taken me directly to a perfumery or to an internet portal. Now a new attempt, this time in the form of GIT, pronounce Green Irish Tweed.

To say it straight away, in my opinion the name does not fit the content at all, it suggested something completely different to what actually found its way through the spray head. Irish Tweed, my brain windings suggested to me a scent that could perhaps go towards Grey Flanell or Sartorial, in the end perhaps even following Irish Leather?

Far from it, I had expected everything, but not such a fresh impulse right at the beginning. And yes, I think it's really good. But with me the freshness only really comes to bear after a quarter of an hour, before mint dominates, but not killing, but rounding off the freshness cleanly. GIT then undergoes a remarkable development. Many, even really good scents simply remain linear over the entire duration of the radiation, this one here starts to soften a bit, often this has something to do with iris notes, so here too. But then the actual climax, in my opinion, begins in the form of the base note. And she develops beautiful, striking and present but still light, unobtrusive wood tones. I don't know this symbiosis of different wood notes from any other perfume. If I hadn't known to test a Creed, my guess would have been towards an Italian producer.
And the longer the fragrance lasts - and for a rather fine, light, woody newbie, this one thinks quite neat - the more pronounced the final chord becomes.

To sum up, Creed has done a great job here. With clear distinguishing features to many Mediterranean representatives, who mostly simply serve the dolce vita conceptions, which each of us carries so in himself, in the best way. GIT goes a bit further, it has an extra factor that makes him look a little more male.
Sillage is okay, can be brought to a considerable level with further spraying shots, or to put it another way, it fills the room. Durability, as mentioned above neatly. Flacon in the proven Creed style, but the blackness of the bottle seems rather inappropriate to me like the name.

A fragrance from the clearly masculine genre, which works very well in spring and autumn, but also shows its strengths on cooler days. Only on hot summer days can I imagine one or the other Italian as more suitable.

This Creed has what it takes, no to move in, but now is the time for rich and full fragrances, so GIT will be on my shopping list for next year.

PS: the often quoted comparison with Cool Water - I don't see. In my opinion, neither the opening nor the end are very similar. But anyway, tastes (or noses?) are different ;-)

AdAstra72
Strong and very fresh breeze!
I had to delete my first comment on GIT because I had done this very remarkable scent wrong.
The first meeting was already a small freshness shock. I had already tested it on my skin, but in my home office with coffee on my desk and my thoughts at work. In this setting, the very potent and demanding freshness (which I had never smelt before) lay too dominant on my receptors and I actually found the GIT disturbing.
The second date with GIT I had then very early on a somewhat cooler morning. Risen, prepared, sports stuff packed, ready for training and then the spontaneous impulse "Try it again". Thoughtfully done, this time the fragrance immediately filled me with a vitalizing freshness that I had never experienced before. He carried me out into the windy morning, weighed pleasantly brizzelnnd on the drive to the training in the car and remained in ever more beautiful and milder shades my companion during the training, after the shower and the whole day over in the office.
GIT undergoes many finely graduated transformations and always remains natural. From synaptic-kicking green to thought-clearing translucent blue-grey to soothing, earthy-moosy brown-olive.
I'm glad I didn't let the first impression put me off.
No, I'll have him soon!

Aquaman
Honestly, that's how Auquaman smells. At first it smells like a wave on the beach of Ireland. Then it quickly subsides and calms down. What's left: Pure nature and fascination. The fragrance wraps around you as if you were coming directly from the sea while the sun evaporates the water on your body and leaves the sea salt on your body. Very high quality. Still don't understand why they compare it to cool water. The scent type: aquatic is just not much more. GIT is like a journey. Was one even a blind purchase drn kch not regretted

Beautiful fresh green Immergeher
I've wanted to test this Creed for a long time. A few weeks ago a small ordered bottling arrived. In the fragrance community, a fragrance with a huge fan base and one of Creed's bestsellers alongside Aventus and Virgin Island Water. If you follow my comments, you know I'm not the biggest Creed fan. With VIW I own one from this house, but a brand for me with a bad price-performance ratio. If one finds good offers, one can strike however, since most are very pleasing and well wearable in the everyday life.

I was very curious about this one. Also because Cool water is a well-known fragrance twin and the fragrance has a huge fanbase and also everywhere else well gets away. I can anticipate: Rightly so. A great fragrance from 1985 with the typical 80s charm a la Cool Water.
The fragrance rightly has the fragrance twin Cool Water here. One of the greatest fragrance classics, which unfortunately is now a little exhausted but still enjoys classic status. With Green Irish Tweed you have a great alternative that goes in this direction but also has many facets of its own. The DNA is similar, Cool Water is more aquatic, GIT is clearly greener as the name suggests. And a nice herbaceous fresh spice. Very stylish, noble and serious. He is also very gentle and never too offensive, which is an advantage in many cases. It is well perceptible, but in a very gentle and pleasant way. It is also very maritime with a beautiful green note. Fitting to the Irish coast, where one owns a lot of green areas. This flair comes across well through this fragrance. Supplemented with some soft nuances. Very crowdpleasing.
Qualitatively I like it much better than many creeds, also because the performance on the whole is convincing for a fresher fragrance. From the house there are also very short-lived scents. Thumbs up. Some hours he holds out with good to decent Sillage.
In the everyday life very well applicable, particularly starting from approx. 30 years this smell comes well to the Geltung. But it can also be described as timeless, since he accompanies pleasantly despite his 85s. It's never too penetrating and annoying and you won't find any enemies in this scent DNA.

A fragrance that has its price. No money thrown out for me, though. Especially with special offers you can buy a serious daily fragrance. A scent that I like to smell, even if the gang hasn't jumped over a big spark.

A day in the forest
Do you have to apologize because you've already tested a Creed again and think it's great? No, I don't think so. At the most with his bank account, which had to endure some things already and probably also further will have to endure.

In search of a green, fresh fragrance, you can't get past GIT, and that's fine. Freshly sprayed, CW immediately comes to mind, smells very similar, whereby the Creed comes across much more relaxed and the chemical leg remains in the bag. The body is covered with a green mossy aura, not such a cold, musty moss, but rather warm, fresh moss. As the fragrance progresses, it becomes ever more harmonious and warmer, you are literally wrapped in this green GIT cocoon. I perceive the Sillage rather close to the body, therefore it is perfectly suitable for the everyday life, one can calmly apply some sprayers.

The aura lasts also approx. 6-7 h, then it becomes a little more calm and is almost not noticed by the surroundings any more, but one can still enjoy oneself by the scent clouds appearing again and again. On the skin you can recognize the scent even after showering + the next day. It's dreamlike. Creed manages to create fragrances that may not be the most courageous of their kind, but the chords harmonize perfectly, the sillage and durability are noble, they just feel good...so, enough of the praise. If you are looking for a fragrance that smells green-fresh-aquatic-mossy, you've come to the right place!

Fraqmental
Take me home country roads
yesterday he was again, such a day. A day when you go out on the terrace early in the morning and the fresh morning air gently climbs up your nose. Freshly rained. The small droplets still sit still on every single blade of grass and adorn the petals of the flower meadows, shimmering in the rising dawn. Socks off and barefoot through the wet grass, like a little child. The green of the meadows shines with strength and the blossoms of the trees show themselves in the first rays of the sun.
The still cold ground under your feet and every single blade that tickles between your toes. The air is still enriched with moisture and a freshness that is so soothing and soothing that nowhere else can you find it.
Closing your eyes and putting one foot in front of the other, very slowly and carelessly, as if contact with the ground pulls all the negativity out of your body.
That's exactly the association I make when I smell Green Irish Tweed. Admittedly, it is not my best fragrance and not the one I would find most appropriate in any situation. But on certain days and in certain situations, I don't want to smell anything else. I want to become one with nature and not artificially stand out from the crowd. Green Irish Tweed is not a fragrance for me, it is a still slightly drizzling spring morning in a bottle

Top spring fragrance
Admittedly, I remembered Green Irish Tweed (GIT) quite differently at first. After my first test about 2 years ago also frish-green but somehow juicier green. But since GIT unfortunately explodes my budget, I switched to the well known alternative Armaf Tres Nuit. At first I thought: "Hmm doesn't remind me of my first GIT test". In the meantime it has been degraded to my gym scent because of its catastrophic durability on my skin.

Today I tested GIT again extensively on the skin. "Oh, Tres Nuit is a lot closer than I thought." That still doesn't make the Armaf any better for me. The herbaceous character of GIT is simply unbeatable, the grassy deeper, more complex and more natural. An oldschool formula, as most of you know it, and yet GIT has a modern and timeless twist for me. In my nose, however, it is quite different from Cool Water, although I have no comparison with the vintage version. The perfect companion for spring, it does not scream and is not intrusive

Fresh out of the shower
At maximum temperatures in the cool shower and the fresh Creed afterwards on the skin, wonderful! However, my girlfriend says he smells like an old man's wardrobe with spices in it. Nevertheless I love his aquatic freshness which he bequeaths to me. Of course it leaves associations with Cool Water, but in my opinion it is much more mature in the drydown. It may be that some people feel him to be antiquated. He may be old-school, but that doesn't mean he's getting on in years. He still smells fantastic!

KingPin 11 months ago
Ok, I caved and bought a full bottle. This is so much better than all the other similar things. Now I'm poor but smell really good! :)
KLewis 20 months ago
Very fresh and green smelling scent, reminded me of cut grass on the top notes but the drydown is fantastic.
Lexa 3 years ago
Davidoff's Cool water for men with big dreams and high hopes.Green irish tweed is an adult Cool Water.
Hermesh 4 years ago
Juicy greenery with tart violets. (A lot of) ambroxan roughs up and brings the sea in the scent.

by Challenger
by Challenger
by Fraenky
by Fraenky
by Kitho
by Kitho
creed - green irish tweed : ja, der ist einfach cool... ähhh... grün! näh... schwarz! ach, ihr wisst schon...! ;)
by Felsn
by TomDuft
by Hergele
by Hergele
by SonyCrockett
“i’ve been looking for freshness... i’ve been looking so long...” - SPRAY: knight rider modus = CHECK!
by Felsn
by FFL
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Viking by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Baie de Genièvre by Creed