Green Irish Tweed (1985)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Green Irish Tweed is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1985. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Verbena, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.12.2019.

7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Another chance
The creeds of this world have never been mine. All well done and there are certainly a number of clearly worse scents. But nobody has torn me out of my chair in the past and taken me directly to a perfumery or to an internet portal. Now a new attempt, this time in the form of GIT, pronounce Green Irish Tweed.

To say it straight away, in my opinion the name does not fit the content at all, it suggested something completely different to what actually found its way through the spray head. Irish Tweed, my brain windings suggested to me a scent that could perhaps go towards Grey Flanell or Sartorial, in the end perhaps even following Irish Leather?

Far from it, I had expected everything, but not such a fresh impulse right at the beginning. And yes, I think it's really good. But with me the freshness only really comes to bear after a quarter of an hour, before mint dominates, but not killing, but rounding off the freshness cleanly. GIT then undergoes a remarkable development. Many, even really good scents simply remain linear over the entire duration of the radiation, this one here starts to soften a bit, often this has something to do with iris notes, so here too. But then the actual climax, in my opinion, begins in the form of the base note. And she develops beautiful, striking and present but still light, unobtrusive wood tones. I don't know this symbiosis of different wood notes from any other perfume. If I hadn't known to test a Creed, my guess would have been towards an Italian producer.
And the longer the fragrance lasts - and for a rather fine, light, woody newbie, this one thinks quite neat - the more pronounced the final chord becomes.

To sum up, Creed has done a great job here. With clear distinguishing features to many Mediterranean representatives, who mostly simply serve the dolce vita conceptions, which each of us carries so in himself, in the best way. GIT goes a bit further, it has an extra factor that makes him look a little more male.
Sillage is okay, can be brought to a considerable level with further spraying shots, or to put it another way, it fills the room. Durability, as mentioned above neatly. Flacon in the proven Creed style, but the blackness of the bottle seems rather inappropriate to me like the name.

A fragrance from the clearly masculine genre, which works very well in spring and autumn, but also shows its strengths on cooler days. Only on hot summer days can I imagine one or the other Italian as more suitable.

This Creed has what it takes, no to move in, but now is the time for rich and full fragrances, so GIT will be on my shopping list for next year.

PS: the often quoted comparison with Cool Water - I don't see. In my opinion, neither the opening nor the end are very similar. But anyway, tastes (or noses?) are different ;-)
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

AdAstra72
Strong and very fresh breeze!
I had to delete my first comment on GIT because I had done this very remarkable scent wrong.
The first meeting was already a small freshness shock. I had already tested it on my skin, but in my home office with coffee on my desk and my thoughts at work. In this setting, the very potent and demanding freshness (which I had never smelt before) lay too dominant on my receptors and I actually found the GIT disturbing.
The second date with GIT I had then very early on a somewhat cooler morning. Risen, prepared, sports stuff packed, ready for training and then the spontaneous impulse "Try it again". Thoughtfully done, this time the fragrance immediately filled me with a vitalizing freshness that I had never experienced before. He carried me out into the windy morning, weighed pleasantly brizzelnnd on the drive to the training in the car and remained in ever more beautiful and milder shades my companion during the training, after the shower and the whole day over in the office.
GIT undergoes many finely graduated transformations and always remains natural. From synaptic-kicking green to thought-clearing translucent blue-grey to soothing, earthy-moosy brown-olive.
I'm glad I didn't let the first impression put me off.
No, I'll have him soon!
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Aquaman
Honestly, that's how Auquaman smells. At first it smells like a wave on the beach of Ireland. Then it quickly subsides and calms down. What's left: Pure nature and fascination. The fragrance wraps around you as if you were coming directly from the sea while the sun evaporates the water on your body and leaves the sea salt on your body. Very high quality. Still don't understand why they compare it to cool water. The scent type: aquatic is just not much more. GIT is like a journey. Was one even a blind purchase drn kch not regretted
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Beautiful fresh green Immergeher
I've wanted to test this Creed for a long time. A few weeks ago a small ordered bottling arrived. In the fragrance community, a fragrance with a huge fan base and one of Creed's bestsellers alongside Aventus and Virgin Island Water. If you follow my comments, you know I'm not the biggest Creed fan. With VIW I own one from this house, but a brand for me with a bad price-performance ratio. If one finds good offers, one can strike however, since most are very pleasing and well wearable in the everyday life.

I was very curious about this one. Also because Cool water is a well-known fragrance twin and the fragrance has a huge fanbase and also everywhere else well gets away. I can anticipate: Rightly so. A great fragrance from 1985 with the typical 80s charm a la Cool Water.
The fragrance rightly has the fragrance twin Cool Water here. One of the greatest fragrance classics, which unfortunately is now a little exhausted but still enjoys classic status. With Green Irish Tweed you have a great alternative that goes in this direction but also has many facets of its own. The DNA is similar, Cool Water is more aquatic, GIT is clearly greener as the name suggests. And a nice herbaceous fresh spice. Very stylish, noble and serious. He is also very gentle and never too offensive, which is an advantage in many cases. It is well perceptible, but in a very gentle and pleasant way. It is also very maritime with a beautiful green note. Fitting to the Irish coast, where one owns a lot of green areas. This flair comes across well through this fragrance. Supplemented with some soft nuances. Very crowdpleasing.
Qualitatively I like it much better than many creeds, also because the performance on the whole is convincing for a fresher fragrance. From the house there are also very short-lived scents. Thumbs up. Some hours he holds out with good to decent Sillage.
In the everyday life very well applicable, particularly starting from approx. 30 years this smell comes well to the Geltung. But it can also be described as timeless, since he accompanies pleasantly despite his 85s. It's never too penetrating and annoying and you won't find any enemies in this scent DNA.

A fragrance that has its price. No money thrown out for me, though. Especially with special offers you can buy a serious daily fragrance. A scent that I like to smell, even if the gang hasn't jumped over a big spark.
10.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

A day in the forest
Do you have to apologize because you've already tested a Creed again and think it's great? No, I don't think so. At the most with his bank account, which had to endure some things already and probably also further will have to endure.

In search of a green, fresh fragrance, you can't get past GIT, and that's fine. Freshly sprayed, CW immediately comes to mind, smells very similar, whereby the Creed comes across much more relaxed and the chemical leg remains in the bag. The body is covered with a green mossy aura, not such a cold, musty moss, but rather warm, fresh moss. As the fragrance progresses, it becomes ever more harmonious and warmer, you are literally wrapped in this green GIT cocoon. I perceive the Sillage rather close to the body, therefore it is perfectly suitable for the everyday life, one can calmly apply some sprayers.

The aura lasts also approx. 6-7 h, then it becomes a little more calm and is almost not noticed by the surroundings any more, but one can still enjoy oneself by the scent clouds appearing again and again. On the skin you can recognize the scent even after showering + the next day. It's dreamlike. Creed manages to create fragrances that may not be the most courageous of their kind, but the chords harmonize perfectly, the sillage and durability are noble, they just feel good...so, enough of the praise. If you are looking for a fragrance that smells green-fresh-aquatic-mossy, you've come to the right place!
9.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Fraqmental
Take me home country roads
yesterday he was again, such a day. A day when you go out on the terrace early in the morning and the fresh morning air gently climbs up your nose. Freshly rained. The small droplets still sit still on every single blade of grass and adorn the petals of the flower meadows, shimmering in the rising dawn. Socks off and barefoot through the wet grass, like a little child. The green of the meadows shines with strength and the blossoms of the trees show themselves in the first rays of the sun.
The still cold ground under your feet and every single blade that tickles between your toes. The air is still enriched with moisture and a freshness that is so soothing and soothing that nowhere else can you find it.
Closing your eyes and putting one foot in front of the other, very slowly and carelessly, as if contact with the ground pulls all the negativity out of your body.
That's exactly the association I make when I smell Green Irish Tweed. Admittedly, it is not my best fragrance and not the one I would find most appropriate in any situation. But on certain days and in certain situations, I don't want to smell anything else. I want to become one with nature and not artificially stand out from the crowd. Green Irish Tweed is not a fragrance for me, it is a still slightly drizzling spring morning in a bottle
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Top spring fragrance
Admittedly, I remembered Green Irish Tweed (GIT) quite differently at first. After my first test about 2 years ago also frish-green but somehow juicier green. But since GIT unfortunately explodes my budget, I switched to the well known alternative Armaf Tres Nuit. At first I thought: "Hmm doesn't remind me of my first GIT test". In the meantime it has been degraded to my gym scent because of its catastrophic durability on my skin.

Today I tested GIT again extensively on the skin. "Oh, Tres Nuit is a lot closer than I thought." That still doesn't make the Armaf any better for me. The herbaceous character of GIT is simply unbeatable, the grassy deeper, more complex and more natural. An oldschool formula, as most of you know it, and yet GIT has a modern and timeless twist for me. In my nose, however, it is quite different from Cool Water, although I have no comparison with the vintage version. The perfect companion for spring, it does not scream and is not intrusive
8.0 6.0 8.0/10

Fresh out of the shower
At maximum temperatures in the cool shower and the fresh Creed afterwards on the skin, wonderful! However, my girlfriend says he smells like an old man's wardrobe with spices in it. Nevertheless I love his aquatic freshness which he bequeaths to me. Of course it leaves associations with Cool Water, but in my opinion it is much more mature in the drydown. It may be that some people feel him to be antiquated. He may be old-school, but that doesn't mean he's getting on in years. He still smells fantastic!
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Norleans
Shut up and take my money!
Green Irish Tweed was one of the first bottlings I got as a perfume newbie.
What I was disappointed that the resemblance to Cool Water was so great. In no time I had sold the bottling again. Case closed!

Now I wanted to put Erolfa aside with a similar defensive posture, but after trying it several times the "disgust" turned into the opposite. Why not give GIT a chance again?

So I ordered a new bottling (which hasn't arrived yet), but out of impatience I went to the turquoise D in Hamburg-Poppenbüttel yesterday and sprayed a touch of GIT on my wrist. My view has changed significantly:
Of course the association with CW is very strong. But after a short time GIT reaches a depth Davidoff could only dream of. I feel it more metallic, herbaceous, angular. In the drydown you can smell the smell of the stable from Creed.

That Green Irish Tweed is not as original as some brothers and sisters may be because of a very successful copy. Nevertheless, here an absolutely straighter, high-quality, to almost all occasions wearable companion is offered, which one can be only hardly over-smell oneself, since it is the classic par excellence.
Sure, Creed has his price. But you don't treat yourself to anything else. Whereby there are at the moment really very good offers on respectable sides.

Green Irish TweeT: #fresh #classical #Gentlemanduft #gehtimmer
7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Minigolf
With his head in the clouds, his feet on the ground
One could also call it the state of cheerful serenity without leaving reality. Feel lightness without "taking off". Such a "balanced level" represents for me "Green Irish Tweed".
Like the light, speckled wool fabric of the same name, which I also like.
Light as bright weather. a clearly noticeable pleasant wind breeze and green grass and fresh forest soil under your feet.
The fragrance's motto could be: "No everyday life is so stressful that you can't take a short, relaxing break. And then to go back to work all the fresher."
Or: "Not always is the daily all kinds of things as grey as you often paint them".
Bright and cheerful, slightly floral, with a "green heart" and trusting warm base. Or, last but not least: "Ether and earth", citrus-mint lightness and warm woods do not form opposites, they complement each other and form a wonderful unity------- POINT!
10.0/10

Algae are also green!
Green Irish Tweed... my rediscovery from two weeks ago. Well okay, I had tested it ages ago, but I didn't have much perfume on my hat yet.
Then discovered a sample and Bäm! he is smashed.
The scent:
Simple, actually nothing new, rather very old, the perfume has more years on its back than many a user. And somehow it's also known, that smell.
But!
It's this clarity. This well-known fragrance in its purest form. Just a salty green sea breeze blowing around you. As if the wind fished a ball of the finest seaweed out of the sea and clapped its face.
Algae are also green!
No, with I like the fragrance, finally a not sweet fragrance with which I can start something.

Made for a windy spring day.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Love and Respect for GIT - Fresh grass
This one gets mixed reactions. Some people like it and some people don't. I love it and respect it. It is a cultural icon. I love nature and I find sweet freshly cut grass smell in GIT very adorable. Before I used GIT, I used Aspen for men by Coty and liked it. But when I tried GIT, I could smell the huge difference. GIT is miles ahead with high quality natural ingredients. You know it is not wrong to say that Creed selection is bit hyped with one exception - Green Irish Tweed. My God, whenever I wear it, it puts a smile on my face. Very good performance with above average longevity, projection and silage. It really shines in the quality of ingredients, top notch. I love it, and I respect it. This is a good fit for business or casual environment preferably day time.
I actually think it is worth the price. y suggestion is to at-least keep a decant with you.
As Always, keep smelling wonderful.
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Not Irish but green mediterranean Tweed
It is green, it is aquatic, too, so the theme green coast has been hit, but it is not green-wet-earthy like the coast of Ireland, but smells much more like an Atlantic coast on the Iberian peninsula in spring on a sunny day. A very pleasant, clean and refreshing summer scent, which is also suitable as a night scent. The only thing that prevents me from giving a very high rating is my association with a high quality old soap, or a somewhat older shower gel, which is probably due to the age of this composition. Nevertheless, he has class, is in a good mood, radiates lightness and should not disturb anyone. But on the seducer scale he ranks in my opinion on the lower ranks, he is not mysterious, he is not strikingly masculine, he is also not warm inviting, or tasty, but could play out his potential, for example when dancing when you sweat and it is hot, who else will radiate with as much style, as much freshness as the wearer of Green Irish Tweed.
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Cool green Immergeher
The scent is very high quality for me. After spraying on, the freshness of the lemon and the peppermint with verbena comes to the fore, one believes to sit in the middle of a sunny, early summer green herb bed. Then the aquatic tones evolve, reminiscent of fresh sea breezes that sweep across green fertile land with flocks of sheep and rapidly changing light and cloud moods so typical of the green Irish island. In the drydown GIT is inconspicuous and decays after 6-8 hours without changing the scent character.

Surprisingly, however, GIT develops an "annoying penetrance" for me at high temperatures. Thus GIT requires a certain moderate outside temperature for optimal performance and is an ideal spring and autumn companion for me.

GIT has for my sensation (how fragrances worn by myself affect others would, I think, be a rating category of its own that would go beyond the scope of parfumo ...) a discreet but noticeable sillage and a quite high durability and I therefore only need to dose it small, whereby my 120 ml bottle will fortunately have a long life... :-)

As a bottle color for GIT I would find the green of the original Vetiver much more suitable, whereby Creed will certainly have had its marketing reasons, why it now of all things designs the 120ml bottle black, because I don't necessarily associate tweed fabrics with the color black
Conclusion:
No roar. No snob. Not a spice bomber. Not a Sillage monster. Discreet. Presence generating. Noble. Fresh. That's cool. Restrained. Not pushy, but there. The wearer does not need to define himself through him. For me clearly the best Creed with high recognition value. Even 33 years after its introduction, GIT still has the potential to become a signature fragrance.
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

I really like this.
My first fragrance from Creed. The first time I tried this I wasn't a huge fan of it as it just smelled like freshly cut grass, but it quickly grew on me when the base notes started to come through a bit more. Not had any comments about it like I've had with other fragrances, but I don't personally think of it as an attractive smell in the first place, it's just nice and fresh.

Idolinav67
a freshly cut football field

The opening is fresh green. I think the smell reminds me of a freshly cut football field. However, I find that the fresh turns into a soap scent, which I find annoying. It is a fragrance that comes up in the morning. Not something for the evening.
3.0 8.0 7.0 7.0/10

somewhat disappointed
i love green and aquatic scents and now I wanted to have the predecessor of the Davidoff Cool Water in my collection. I ordered Creed Irish Tweed 100ml of Easy Cosmetics for 155€ and it arrived today. The bottle is nicely packed, but the cap wobbles which makes a cheap impression.

After the first spraying came the disillusionment. It smells similar to Cool Water, but far away from Armaf Tres Nuit and my other Creed - Irish Tweed Dupes. I would have expected more from such a well-known and expensive perfume. The Aspen for Men, which is cheaper by worlds, smells better to me
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

An absolute classic!
An absolute classic that is very difficult to replicate! I get about 9 hours with two sprays. Projects for about 3 hours and bordering on a strong sillage. The opening may not be to everyones taste. It's like a bitter citrus punch in the face, but in a good way! I can understand people saying they get a cut grass vibe but for me it's like a different type of leafage/foliage, some sort of freshly cut greenary!

10.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

GREEN IRISH TWEED
The Opening is green, and fresh, but not grassy like. The scent is more like leaves after a rain, or a cool stream in the forest. It definitely smells natural. You'll be able to get the Opening notes for a while, About 20 minutes, then the heart notes come in with the Violet leaf very present. Unfortunately I wasn't able to wait for the drydown. Green Irish Tweed is a green herbal fragrance very mature and sophisticated in my opinion.

Some People claim that this smells exactly like Cool Water.. This is not the case both are different fragrances, with GIT the much better one. Don't believe myths, try it out yourself, and you'll see the difference.

All in all a great fragrance, and on my wishlist.
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

All-rounder
After a long, long search and 15 different scent samples/fillings that I had sent for, it has now become GIT. My new scent and I am very happy. I've been using perfumes for over 20 years now, and I like to keep on using something new. Lastly, I had the classic Fahrenheit for a long time, but this was clearly too violent/petroleum-like for my Holden, so I was looking for something new. And luckily (or bad luck for me) there is parfumo.de. Therefore now also my first comment to a smell here, I find the side super!
What worlds there were! Before, I actually only knew the current standards from the orange drugstores or smaller perfume shops, glorious exception: Duel by Annick Goutal. A coincidence purchase, made possible by the beautiful consultation of a nice saleswoman in the Munich Oberpollinger.
But here now: first of all the rankings thinned, forum contributions read. Niche perfumes? I didn't know anything else. So I ordered some rehearsals, among others Itasca, some scents from Olfactive Studio, Aventus and GIT. Many things were discarded immediately (Olfactive Studio, I didn't like any of them), others tested longer on the skin and of course (important!) let the woman sniff them. Terre d´Hermes, Aventus and GIT were on the shortlist for me, GIT has become so, even though I have long hesitated whether the price...
What struck me right away was the clear proximity to Cool Water. I don't think you can deny them either, the similarity is simply too obvious, even if they develop in various ways afterwards. In my humble, inconsequential opinion, Green Irish Tweed is a fragrance that can always be worn, even if it is more suitable for the warmer seasons. Starts relatively fresh and botanical (I deliberately avoid the term "green"), also maritime associations come up. I hardly find him citric. Unobtrusive, but present, striking, but not pungent. The initial freshness slowly gives way to a warmer powderiness, also somewhat flowery, but never even rudimentarily sweet or pompous. The only thing I could criticize is that GIT loses external impact relatively quickly, the Sillage is certainly not as strong as e.g. Terre d´Hermes. On the skin, the scent is very noticeable for about 6 hours, after which it slowly decreases. But it's also perfectly all right, GIT wants to be more discreet, I think. I am always happy when I perceive it and I am sure that it will give pleasure to its wearer even after prolonged use.
As I said, the price is already borderline (I paid 160€ for 100ml), you also pay a lot for the name Creed, but you get something nice for it. The price difference for CW is only so much: of course it is much cheaper and the similarity is there. But GIT is then simply finer, more unobtrusive and the awareness of not wearing the scent of everyday life also makes a difference. Maybe a little olfactory placebo effect, but I'm glad I bought it. I'm curious to see how long he will accompany me as a signature

KingPin 7 months ago
Ok, I caved and bought a full bottle. This is so much better than all the other similar things. Now I'm poor but smell really good! :)+2
KLewis 16 months ago
Very fresh and green smelling scent, reminded me of cut grass on the top notes but the drydown is fantastic.
10.0
9.0
9.0
Lexa 3 years ago
Davidoff's Cool water for men with big dreams and high hopes.Green irish tweed is an adult Cool Water.+3
Hermesh 4 years ago
Juicy greenery with tart violets. (A lot of) ambroxan roughs up and brings the sea in the scent.+2

by Challenger
by FFL
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Viking by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed