Green Irish Tweed 1985

Green Irish Tweed by Creed
Top 38 in Men's Perfume
Green Irish Tweed is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1985. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Vervain, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet
Base Notes Base NotesFlorentine iris, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Ambergris

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.11.2020.

Creed's classics down!
This fragrance has been on the market since the 80's and has remained almost unchanged. After 2.5 decades and - still - countless celebrity fans, one can say that GIT is still a real option for gentlemen and those who want to become one.

GIT is not a fragrance that you apply to impress or seduce others. It is rather a fragrance that you wear to smell good and serious, the rest is done by your personality and your appearance. It's an incredibly versatile fragrance that you can wear from January to December, 24/7 without feeling out of place. That's why older men in particular have been using it as a signature fragrance for decades.

If we were in our old age. Which is very noticeable, Creed's best scents tend to appeal to an older clientele. That's why I tend to see GIT on men aged 30-35+ as well. The comparison to Cool Water is obvious, but I can already see some bigger differences in quality and scents, which are greener and deeper with GIT.

Conclusion: GIT is still one of the most important fragrances for Creed. It is characterized by durability and reliability, just like most of the wearers of this fragrance do. Even today it does not look old-fashioned and is especially suitable for mature men
ChrisG86
If the manufacturer of the brand name fries also produces for Aldi.
Behind some of the cheaper no-name products from the discounters are big brands. At Aldi and Co you can get products for little money. In the supermarket, on the other hand, you pay 3-5 times as much for an almost identical brand product.
One is all the more surprised when one learns that the brand manufacturers also produce for the discounters. Only they do not market them in the discounters under their well-known brand name
This philosophy is probably also lived in the world of fragrances and that is why Mr Bourdon has made it easy for himself.

I was able to test GIT some time ago and was amazed to hear Cool Water on my arm. I had already read some good things about GIT. About as often one reads the comparison to Cool Water. I was shocked to find out that the rumor was true. Both scents are very similar, almost identical
I would not be able to distinguish between the two classics if I had them on a strip of paper in front of me. Or maybe I am not perceptive enough to smell the difference. In the context of the introduction to GIT, one could assume that the price is the only thing that counts, and that Cool Water is a discount product. Whereby I have to say that Cool Water is by no means a no-name product.

It is a clever sales strategy: Sell a good product at a horrendous price. If it sells well, make an almost identical product cheaper for the general public. That way you cover both consumer groups and make twice as much profit.

It may be that the fragrances differ in terms of the quality of the ingredients. In my opinion, these differences are marginal.

Cool water is very important to me. If I were to give a rating, I would have to give the same points for the fragrances, because they are, quite rightly, fragrance twins. And as long as the rating category "price" does not exist in this forum, I could not rate them differently either.

Only because of its popularity GIT is the primus inter pares.

See you soon.

Peace!

Great scent, but way overpriced
A very green, clean, fresh citrusy spring/summer soapy scent. Although it contains aquatic notes too it does not smell oceanic. Actually, it is similar to the barbershop leaning Chanel's Egoiste Platinum. GIT is a lovely gentlemanly fragrance, however it comes with a ridiculously high price tag.

For the price you pay I would expect something more original and with much better longevity, which is average, as well as a wider reaching sillage.

I will probably get another bottle because I do love this scent. But value for money it is not.
Ngizzy
The love that I had to learn to appreciate...
35 years after the release the time has come. Today I also test a well-known classic.
I had been looking for a classic masculine men's fragrance for a long time, and the fresh breeze of the PDM Percival and the unique creation MFK Masculin Pluriel led me straight here.

I remember my first wet shave when I was 13 years old and the burning of the skin afterwards from my father's aftershave, which was not Cool Water from Davidoff, but you all know there is a whole lot of aftershave that smells similar. If I may be honest, this scent DNA was one of the first, if not the first scent (as a perfume) I noticed. I felt that the whole men's world around me wore this or similar scent at that time. As a child/teenager I didn't really like this scent, but it radiated a certain masculinity in many ways, which is why I decided to apply this aftershave every time after shaving. I don't know about you guys, but I wanted to grow up quickly...

A few years passed and for my aunt's birthday I got the perfume Cool Water from Davidoff. Yes, I remembered my first shave as well as today, but took in the scent more positively than then. Fresh, cool and relaxed, just right for my pubescent age. Feeling unstoppable, my friends and I made the streets of Berlin unsafe. We definitely weren't as cool as we were, but this scent enveloped me with a unique aura. I felt the energy of masculinity and the youthful zeal of all age groups clenched within me and walked the streets with my head held high. Today I laugh about my naive young me and am happy to be able to reminisce.

But now I was allowed to find out that my sprayed-on coolness did not last long.
The scent didn't last half a day and that disappointed me quite a bit back then.
No wonder with 20,00€ for 75ml I should not have expected much more at that time.
At that time it remained with this one bottle.

Let's say that I learned to love the scent and its DNA at a young age, but I didn't agree with his performance at all.

Now recently I saw the fragrance twin of Cool Water, the older version, the same perfumer, a niche! Man man man man I was excited. "Green Irish Tweed" by Creed. A very fitting name for this fragrance. By now I know several scents by Creed, but I didn't know this jewel yet. First of all, a big thank you to Naxy for giving me this sample. I am very enthusiastic! Exactly the lost treasure of my dreams, which I had been longing for for a long time. I associate this fragrance very much with youthful recklessness and courage for new things.
A young man in search of his identity with many sharp-edged stones on his way.
Green behind the ears, cheeky and inexperienced, but sensitive, warm and strong heart. Similar to Sam Claflin in the Hollywood movie "The Color of Horizon". GIT has a very soft, slightly nutty floral freshness. Woody green nuances round it off nicely. It seems spicy and woody in the end, if one may say so
I am happy to have found him. From today on, the fragrance will be there for me on days when I would appreciate the one or other courageous youthful recklessness in me. Even though I am happy to be another person today, I miss this daring nature very much.

Thanks for your time
Kind regards

Smunitz
Old but not dated, classy but not stuffy!
This fragrance smells totally contemporary even though it was created in 1985! Yes, Cool Water by Davidoff has some similarity to it but only in a way like Jay-Z has similarities with Mozart :) Meaning, GIT is the real deal, more complex and exquisite.
Grassy but aquatic (weird right?), feels like summer/spring fragrance but I wear it year round. Blended to perfection, the notes listed are hard to single out when you smell it. Develops nicely and, yes, somewhere, in the middle it does have a hint of Cool Water. Great silage and performance (not all Creeds have that). Other than that, great fragrance, definitely check it out and absolutely spray it on your skin to see how it develops over time before dismissing it (mistake I made at first)!!!
A bit old... or not?
GIT was the first full bottle of Creed's house that strayed to me. I was freshly 18 and was strolling through the perfume department of a Düsseldorf department store when I first stumbled upon it. Aventus was already familiar to me, but the all-black bottle looked a bit "cooler" to me (Teenie Thoughts).
I asked the employee for a test strip, who first recommended "But to try the Aventus", which would be younger and more suitable for me.
Stubborn as I was, I refused the offer and she gave me the GIT test strip.

The first time I had the scent in my nose I said to my friend, "Wow look, it smells like freshly cut grass", whereupon he turned up his nose and said that he smelled like his grandfather's aftershave. - Great start
I was definitely captivated by the scent from that moment on, the fresh aquatic note in combination with the smell of the freshly mown meadow.
- now my newly 18 years old self looked at the price "Boah 225€? - that's a lot of money".
Luckily the nice saleswoman, who wanted to sell me Aventus before, was still standing nearby and pointed out to me that this was the last day when there was 25% on fragrances - 3 guesses which fragrance found its way to my home that day.

Now I am already for nearly 2 years in the possession over this sweetheart and I did not regret it yet one second. I have often received comments a la "Oh I think my grandpa wears the same scent", but I like it incredibly well.

The fragrance opens up a little minty for me, but after a short time it changes into a compote of freshly mown meadow and salty sea air. From the smoky fresh drydown I can also perceive something earthy and woody - probably cedar wood. But I don't want to talk much more about the scents, because there are thousands of members here who can do that better than me and must laugh about this description - look me up, I'm still learning ;)

In terms of durability, it has no problems at all on my skin to remain well perceptible for a whole day in the office or at university (8h ca). With 5-6 sprayers I regularly get compliments when the other person stands 1-2 meters away from me. - BTW it is a 17 batch for the batch fanatics

All in all, Creed GIT was my first niche fragrance and will forever have a special place in my collection!
Fragrentic
First impressions are deceptive.
So after I have checked the perfume on Parfumo with every new purchase for quite some time now and had spent a lot of time here, I took the time today to register here and browse a little bit in the souk :).
When I was sitting on my balcony tonight in slightly humid weather and had nothing to do, I thought I could write a comment. I know that the standards and the level of comments here is usually very high, so please leave your opinion and tips as an answer!
But which perfume should it be? After a short consideration my opinion fell on Green Irish Tweet, because I already had in mind, in which direction the comment should go.
I especially like to apply new perfumes in the evening to test them. One is undisturbed and can enjoy the fragrance in a relaxed way or, in case of less good scents, at least let it work on you.
And a few weeks ago I was sitting on my balcony in the evening, with very good weather for the time of year, and decided to try GIT from Creed again, although my first impression was anything but good.
Because when I first applied GIT to myself, I directly had the association in my head with my grandfather's old grey cardigan. I can't describe exactly what that was, but I was very disappointed at first. Was I perhaps too young for this scent after all? Where was the promised freshness? The first time I noticed it on a friend, I liked it so much that I ordered it directly...
When I sprayed it again the next evening, this image was again in my mind, although not quite as strong. Sad about my probably most expensive mistake, I put it in my shelf in the back and didn't pay attention to it anymore.
But I had decided, I don't know why exactly, to give him another chance after a break of about 2 weeks. And what can I say, the break has probably done him and me really good. Shortly after spraying on, I immediately noticed the freshness that I had missed the first two times. In front of my inner eye I had, thank God, no more outdated cardigan, but a high cliff in Ireland (probably because of the name) where the waves break and a pleasant sea breeze slowly moves the grass back and forth. Exactly the scent I liked so much the first time. There is something fresh and sea-like about it, but quite different than you might think. For me it is beautiful and perfectly rounded, but also wild and indomitable. The waves and the sea, even the rocky coastline and the grass harmonize perfectly and can all be smelled clearly with every breath.
But only the first hour. Then he withdraws a little. But only to be back again immediately in case of smaller gusts of wind or movements and to give you self-confidence and strength.
This scent has completely convinced me and I am very happy to have given it a third chance. Meanwhile I like to wear it in the office, you don't have to worry about its durability. Also the silage is not aggressively disturbing, but rather selective and very pleasant.
To cut a long story short: give this fragrance some time and don't let the first impression blind you, then it will meet all your expectations.
So that was my first comment here. I hope it was written reasonably legible. As already said, I am grateful for any feedback and suggestions for improvement!
After me only the Atlantic Ocean
It's a thing with Green Irish Tweed; the scent takes time. I was a bit old-fashioned at first, but something always attracted me. Was it the connection to my Irish patron saint, the appreciation of somewhat older scents? I don't know.
At first I thought to myself, what does this name mean? Green Irish Tweed? But with time and wearing it, I noticed that the name is well chosen, that Ireland with its rough sea and the unrestrained Atlantic Ocean and the freedom that comes with it is a successful name sponsor.
Green Irish Tweed is refreshing but it does not have Mediterranean freshness. We are not at the beach, no cocktails with umbrellas are served. We are in Ireland, the sea is rougher, the climate milder, yet the sun shines and sparkles on the sea surface. The cool and salty sea breeze caresses the nose and it is a different sea breeze than in Mediterranean countries. The air is a little cooler, grassy, maybe it comes from the surrounding land.
This is well made in GIT, which makes it look old-fashioned, but at the same time lifts GIT out of the fragrances for warmer seasons, because at night on the cliffs by the sea, with a Guiness in your hand, looking into the dark distance and listening to the wind, which makes your hair boil, that's where GIT is. It lasts long, longer than you might think because of its below average sillage and on warm days this sometimes gives it the advantage over Mediterranean scents.
Because sometimes, when a gust of wind comes and invites you to dream, it draws a path out of your home garden. This is sometimes surprising especially when the scent disappears and then reappears after 5-6 hours.

I won't hide it: all this also means greenish-maritime. It does not mean crystal clear, warm blue sea. It means the splashing of the spray on the cliffs by the sea with a breeze and yes, with the green tweed around the shoulders
Tommyxxl
Fresh and pleasant everyday scent!
Unfortunately, I have to say that my first encounter with GIT was not the very best. But I was so looking forward to finally trying this fragrance. But when I first applied it, I thought to myself, how has it all been so far ?

So I waited a few days, then applied it again and let it work its magic on me. And I don't know why, but the second time GIT had a completely different effect on me and fully developed.

At first this fresh breeze of lemon, with light peppermint worked on me (really pleasant and not obtrusive). Afterwards there were pleasant woody notes.

For me the scent fits in many situations. But I think it fits perfectly to a day when it rained before. Then a fresh breeze of wind is best and the sun shines through the leaving rain clouds. On such days, this fragrance fits perfectly into the day.

Another chance
The creeds of this world have never been mine. All well done and there are certainly a number of clearly worse scents. But nobody has torn me out of my chair in the past and taken me directly to a perfumery or to an internet portal. Now a new attempt, this time in the form of GIT, pronounce Green Irish Tweed.

To say it straight away, in my opinion the name does not fit the content at all, it suggested something completely different to what actually found its way through the spray head. Irish Tweed, my brain windings suggested to me a scent that could perhaps go towards Grey Flanell or Sartorial, in the end perhaps even following Irish Leather?

Far from it, I had expected everything, but not such a fresh impulse right at the beginning. And yes, I think it's really good. But with me the freshness only really comes to bear after a quarter of an hour, before mint dominates, but not killing, but rounding off the freshness cleanly. GIT then undergoes a remarkable development. Many, even really good scents simply remain linear over the entire duration of the radiation, this one here starts to soften a bit, often this has something to do with iris notes, so here too. But then the actual climax, in my opinion, begins in the form of the base note. And she develops beautiful, striking and present but still light, unobtrusive wood tones. I don't know this symbiosis of different wood notes from any other perfume. If I hadn't known to test a Creed, my guess would have been towards an Italian producer.
And the longer the fragrance lasts - and for a rather fine, light, woody newbie, this one thinks quite neat - the more pronounced the final chord becomes.

To sum up, Creed has done a great job here. With clear distinguishing features to many Mediterranean representatives, who mostly simply serve the dolce vita conceptions, which each of us carries so in himself, in the best way. GIT goes a bit further, it has an extra factor that makes him look a little more male.
Sillage is okay, can be brought to a considerable level with further spraying shots, or to put it another way, it fills the room. Durability, as mentioned above neatly. Flacon in the proven Creed style, but the blackness of the bottle seems rather inappropriate to me like the name.

A fragrance from the clearly masculine genre, which works very well in spring and autumn, but also shows its strengths on cooler days. Only on hot summer days can I imagine one or the other Italian as more suitable.

This Creed has what it takes, no to move in, but now is the time for rich and full fragrances, so GIT will be on my shopping list for next year.

PS: the often quoted comparison with Cool Water - I don't see. In my opinion, neither the opening nor the end are very similar. But anyway, tastes (or noses?) are different ;-)

GreMuserGreMuser 2 months ago
Timeless classic, opens very sharp/grassy/lemony, then dries down into a soft clean, fresh and elegant scent. Very versatile, must have.
TombbbTombbb 6 months ago
I don't like fresh scents in general, but I'd definitely wear this one. Still would not justify paying regular price for the bottle.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 6 months ago
Pure gentlemen perfection. Classy citrussy green fragrance with a salty/marine note that I absolutely love. Perfect for spring/summer time
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Ok, I caved and bought a full bottle. This is so much better than all the other similar things. Now I'm poor but smell really good! :)
KLewisKLewis 2 years ago
Very fresh and green smelling scent, reminded me of cut grass on the top notes but the drydown is fantastic.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Davidoff's Cool water for men with big dreams and high hopes.Green irish tweed is an adult Cool Water.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Juicy greenery with tart violets. (A lot of) ambroxan roughs up and brings the sea in the scent.

by Challenger
by Challenger
by Fraenky
by Fraenky
by Kitho
by Kitho
creed - green irish tweed : ja, der ist einfach cool... ähhh... grün! näh... schwarz! ach, ihr wisst schon...! ;)
by Felsn
by TomDuft
by TomDuft
by Hergele
by Hergele
“i’ve been looking for freshness... i’ve been looking so long...” - SPRAY: knight rider modus = CHECK!
by Felsn
by JulianNock
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed