Green Valley 1999

Green Valley by Creed
Green Valley is a perfume by Creed for men and was released in 1999. The scent is fresh-green. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesGingerGinger
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.03.2020.

Irish Streams filled with Irish Spring
Creed IRISH SPRING, er, GREEN VALLEY opened with such promise: a lively aromatic vetiver with a lemon verbena vibe. Unfortunately, things went downhill fast shortly thereafter. To be precise: down deep into a valley replete with Irish springs connected by Irish streams, in which bars of Irish Spring soap are floating by, jostling one another, bobbing up and down with the ebb and flow of the Creed water frothy slosh.

I have nothing personally against Irish Spring soap--although I do prefer white Dial--and this fragrance may well work for gents who harbor latent (or manifest!) fears of smelling too "perfumed". But this is not a soapy drydown which I can recommend, and anyone who wants to wear this scent needs to apply it as perfume, for it just keeps growing bigger and bigger. And greener and greener, like a big green blob seeping into and filling every available volume of space. Yes, it is certainly safe to say that a little goes a long way: I applied but a tiny fraction of my vial (perhaps .3ml?), and I simply cannot get away from the monster sillage.

While attempting to eat dinner, I felt as though my mouth was being washed out with a bar of Irish Spring soap. Now I see before my eyes bars of green marble-streaked Irish Spring soap everywhere around me, closing in on me. Will I succumb finally, crushed to nothing by the ever-approaching and multiplying bars as they continue to proliferate, filling the volume of space I currently occupy until all that remains is my limp body and oxygen-evacuated lungs?

Nope, this soap's not for me. Nor, for the record, is it a chypre!

by Ustad
by Ustad

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed