Himalaya 2002

Himalaya by Creed
Himalaya is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Pepper, Gun powder
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.10.2020.

Norleans
Sach ma Creed, are you still..
...better?

This comment replaces my first comment on the fragrance, which was written in March 2019 and does not do justice to my attachment to the Himalayas, which I have rediscovered. Therefore a reformulation of the other kind. Well, actually it's a hymn of praise for the almost perfect fragrance.

Himalaya is incredibly classical without being old-fashioned. The expression "senior citizens' residence", which I have used several times in connection with overly classical scents, does not fit here at all. Also "barbershop-feeling" (barbershop sounds too uncool) doesn't really come up here with me.

This ice-grey claw of rocky freshness, which I spray extensively onto my chest and neck in the morning, immediately and lastingly clings to me. The first impression every time is, "haven't you perhaps overdosed it a bit?", because the top note is already intense. The bergamot fortunately keeps itself nicely in the background for my taste, with the grapefruit-lemon mix bringing the most power here. I can't smell tangerine. It's not too bad Woods, grasses and - you'll be amazed - gunpowder should then come from the heart note. Maybe so. I have the sensation of spiced, very slightly salted lemon on the rocks. The really potent base lasts, with a slightly citric touch, for well over eight hours. Please note paragraph 3, sentence 1.

Now I am a proven expert and semi-non-audited expert for so-called business fragrances. With a few exceptions there are many fragrances in my collection to which I attribute this attribute. I do not want to say that Himalaya is the business fragrance par excellence, because that would not do it justice. Himalaya is versatile, for sports, games and entertainment. The only thing is, if it becomes a bit more cozy and you go out with your loved one in a comfortable way, it would be too harsh for me. Otherwise he always leaves.

But be careful (no light without shadow), the nose of the Himalayan wearer needs variety. The fragrance can also be worn two days in a row. However, you should always make sure that you offer your nose some variety, otherwise the Himalayas can bury you under an avalanche of olfactory debris. And here I draw the bow to my first comment. For almost a year I had the feeling that after wearing it extensively and very regularly I really couldn't stand it anymore. I got a headache when I smelled him. It should be worn with care, which at the same time increases the appreciation of the Himalayas ?
For me a modern classic, which does not go every day, but almost always.

Thanks for reading it
ChillBean
Against the summer in the city
Any day of the week in any city on any form of public transportation. All kinds of smells penetrate my perception, most of them I would like to be able to do without. You can look away, with a little practice (practiced daily in a relationship) you can also listen away, but unfortunately you cannot completely switch off your sense of smell. But my silver shield prevents me from letting these impressions affect my well-being. The scent is so fresh and clear and of such cleanness that one feels like being on a snow field at the glacier. You really don't need to be blessed with good powers of combination to understand why the fragrance is called "Himalaya". For me, the head, heart and base notes turn out to be much less than most other fragrances as separate olfactory pictures that show a typical temporal course. Himalaya simply smells the whole day (at mit the shelf life is quite long) like "no matter what comes, I stay clean and fresh"
Byronia
The vastness of the sky in a silver flacon
"Look at the vastness, the firmness, the swiftness of the sky and stop admiring what is worthless!" Boethius
Well, with Creed, it's easy.
The way the combination of citric reception combined with a hint of wood and sweetness, and despite the implied depth, always succeeds in staying in airy heights, almost pulls me to storms of enthusiasm. SO I would have wished for the Tauer L'Air de Alpes Suisses...which unfortunately disappointed me a little personally. But that's a matter of taste, as fragrances are With me the scent lasts and lasts and lasts, whereby the Sillage diminishes after a short time. But I don't mind that. Because this scent is mine
#For a statement too long and for a comment too short, but it's all said (by me). ;-)

Reinhold Messner
climbed all 8000s,
A man like a tree, the landscape has eaten into his face, created furrows and written his life.

I have a special relationship with this man, because every year I go to South Tyrol in the mountains for hiking and climbing. The funny thing about it: my annually rented holiday apartment is directly opposite the castle, where Messner lives in the summer months. This means that I have often seen him in the valley while shopping etc. He is a nature freak who is close by and who gives everything for the mountains, but who has made many a decision and statement with a double-morality.

By the way, he also has a perfume series :D

When I smell Creed's "Himalayas" and get dieselled with it, Reinhold always comes to mind. Likewise, the pictures of the last mountain vacations open up to me, I see landscapes that are rocky and barren, I see frozen mountain lakes and smell the herbs of the mountains. Creed has succeeded in creating a fragrance that knows how to unite many things in itself, it is tart, fresh, dry, masculine, cool, metallic and slightly citric (at least at the beginning). It is a calm fragrance, a still life, which gives the wearer a reserved elegance. You look like a mountain yourself, you stand securely and firmly in life, you no longer need experiments and proofs and you are content with what you have. A fragrance that you could choose if you admit to yourself that you have already tested everything and that you are satisfied with whatever works. A fragrance that can be worn in every season, that is uncomplicated, that is pleasing to the eye, that looks good on young and old and doesn't make any fuss.

The scent pyramid also bears witness to the fact that Creed has succeeded in creating the FRISCHE-HERBE men's perfume. All you need is the three-step plan:

1. Refreshingly citric start, through which the interest is aroused
2. Slightly peppery heart note, which is added after a few minutes and gives the whole thing a subtly sharp undertone.
3. And a seductive base where musk skilfully combines the first two steps and wraps them in a veil that prevents it from becoming too peppery or citrusy.

And Tada: The result is the most universal men's perfume in the upper price range!
But there are also deductions in the B grade:
It is actually not the most durable of fragrances. In my case it lasts about 6-7 hours and is well perceptible for about 2 hours, then the glacier melt begins...
At the height of summer he manages a little more ;)

Conclusion: In conclusion, it remains to say that I have searched for a long time and have fished almost exclusively in the fresh segment and have found my all-rounder with Himalaya. Especially the mountain world to which he takes me back is a gift that only scents can give. Besides, if you rummage in the net for a long time, you can also land a good snapper and get 50ml for under 100 Euro.

I think that Reinhold Messner would also enjoy this unagitated, simple and simply beautiful fragrance.

Underrated
Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Sandalwood, Musk, Ambergris and Cedar

An underrated fragrance. An enjoyable citrusy opening with a sexy musky, Sandalwood and Woody drydown. Surprisingly I have received the most compliments on this one as well.
A real mountain climber
When you think of Creed, you think of Aventus. When you think of niche, you think of Aventus.

These views, which have now become truisms, are omnipresent and continue to hold true, if you just look at how large the share of this water in the overall profit of the entire house is. And yet it is difficult for me to find access to it.
The purchase of one of the most famous Aventus clones, Armaf's "Club de Nuit Intense Man", in the heavy and abundantly ostentatious black cobblestone bottle, which many believe contains a perfume that is 90% equivalent to Aventus, wanted to make the spark jump over to me. Undoubtedly I knew immediately why so many people like this scent DNA and why he is still so successful. Just as undoubtedly, however, was the fact that I am not the type for it and I will not be. This mixture of leathery smoke and tangy pineapple, paired with an overdriven sillage (I assume that this is less chemical and therefore less overflowing in the original Aventus than in CDNIM, but I think the direction is the same) does not meet my taste.

Oh, and also, I hate pineapple. Not just on the pizza. I guess that's where the dog is buried...

Very well, then. But I begrudge Aventus his success. He has definitely earned it and he has probably not only seduced me to take a look at the house in general and the other Creed scents.

Here I would like to highlight the Himalayas in particular. A fragrance that I like all along the line, not even because of its apparent pyramid of scents, whose notes for an 18-year-old perfume are amazingly reminiscent of a "blue" fragrance from the last five years. Rather, this fragrance with its rough and invigorating freshness paired with careful fruit sweetness radiates a masculinity that is self-confident but not boastful, and that doesn't opt for macho ("Aventus"; "Bentley for Men Intense") or softie ("The Dreamer"; Joop fragrances in general).

The freshness is more reminiscent of a strong wind, which blows clearly with its sillage, but does not knock you over. Neither a gentle breeze nor a devastating hurricane, but just right. Whether you feel it at the top of Mount Everest or at a lighthouse cliff with a strong current and crashing waves is irrelevant, both are suitable
In short: a powerful but not tactless shower gel fragrance of the upper class, which is comparatively versatile (especially for office, leisure and sports) and my previous Creed favourite.
Creed can
there are houses or brands whose creations inspire me. Acqua du Parma for example, especially the Blu Mediterraneo series. Or Profumum Roma, some fragrances have also found their way into my home. Lorenzo Villoresi is also one of those I can warm to. All Italian, coincidentally. With the English, however, I have my difficulties, which I only noticed when writing here. So it took years until a Penhaligon's found my favour with Sartorial. And Creed could not attract any attention from me, not even the Aventus celebrated by so many.

At the end of the day, fragrances are and remain a highly individual matter and a question of personal taste. And that's a good thing, because how bad would it be if entire airports, trains, buses or trams smelled exactly the same. I like it when people, whether male or female, leave a scent trail past me, always different, often familiar, sometimes new and all the more interesting, sometimes appropriate and sometimes not. I find it enormously exciting and I am happy when I (presumably) recognize which scent a person is wearing.

But back to Creed, as I said, a long-established, almost venerable brand that hasn't convinced me yet. By chance, a power outage in the office "damned" me to stroll and so I ended up in a temple of fragrance. The Himalayan tester was stolen, as the saleswoman explained to me (it's really incredible, but in this day and age people steal what's holding the stuff), so a mini-tube had to serve the purpose and be used.
Himalayas. Once many, many years ago the subject of a paper I gave when I was at school. Hence a name that is familiar to me, that evokes memories (of good nature), but which also evokes reverence for the irrepressible power of the elements, which in the case of the Himalayas has also claimed many lives. Expectations therefore exist, but limited due to my previous experience with Creeds.

It starts out fresh and fruity, then becomes slightly woody as it progresses, and the base note then fades away somewhat softer overall.
A great scent. He is not a loudspeaker, not a market crier, not one who attacks or attacks you, not one who takes your breath away.
He's clean, elegant, virile. One that, when you feel good, makes you feel even better. One that underlines your personality but never changes. One who emphasizes that here comes a man who has everything under control, but never gets pushy. One that is perceived in a personal conversation, but without polarizing or dominating your counterpart. One that does not take up meeting rooms within minutes, but still leaves traces. A gentleman.

For me very very close to the perfect fragrance. I find composition and progression equally successful. What am I missing for perfection? A slightly better performance. Although Himalayas have a fantastic sillage and shelf life compared to other creed freshies such as Milessime Imperial. The Sillage decreases after 2-3 hours, but the durability is really good, on my skin it lasts about 9 hours, that's okay. Thus a 10 for the fragrance per se, 7 for the Sillage (because fresh scents practically always struggle to close range), 8 for the shelf life. Yeah, and the bottle, typical Creed, you can like it, you don't have to. A joke is the packaging, just a despicable cardboard box, so you can sell a supermarket fragrance but not a high end product for 160 eurons. Others can and do this much better.

But in the end it all depends on what's in the bucket, doesn't it? And for me it is already my personal fragrance of the year 2020, so after several attempts Creed even got a super critical nose like mine :-)
Old but gold
Here now my first, official comment and this one I dedicate to Creed Himalaya. The fragrance may be a bit outdated and certainly there are cheaper alternatives (although also Creed fragrances like Himalaya and GIT are often "cheap" to have) but this is one of my current favorite fragrances and has been for some time. The effect the Himalaya has on my sensation, I know so or so similarly only from GIT...this fresh, clear, slightly powdery head note...this feeling of purity. As soon as I put on this fragrance, I always feel like I have a fresh shower and it awakens a feeling of cleanliness and positive charisma in me. Surely the people around me will not perceive me as I do, but this fragrance promises some compliments and lasts between 6-8 hours. The silage, however, is only noticeable in the first 2-3 and afterwards...I am "alone" again with this heavenly scent. Still, a fantastic fragrance! If you can get him cheap, he'll do well in any collection.

Ps. I'm still working on my perfume poetry, so with my first comment I just tried to express my "feelings" about this perfume :-)
In icy heights
The water's flowing. Quietly and quietly it splashes down. From windy heights, covered with snow and ice, it flows down in a small stream. Small waterfalls, surrounded by icicles, it jumps down. Every now and then a juniper berry falls into it, a few lemons sleep next to it. The lower we get, the warmer it gets. From the riverbed, hearty minerals are taken along, which lend hardness. The exhilarating trickle ends in a village where the inhabitants shave their beards with traditional razors and lots of cuddly foam in the mist grey morning.
Masculine cuddly Markanz
At first you can perceive a fine, but strong sweetish fruity note, which brings a very discreet awakening sourish touch and is due to the grapefruit.

At the same time, the grapefruit is accompanied by an intense herbaceous note, which makes it pleasantly palpable and comes from bergamot.

These two notes are accompanied by another sweetish fruity note which gives the top note something soft and comes from the mandarin.

The entire top note is accompanied by a pleasant, very refreshing lemon, which in my opinion has been used as an air lifter.

This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 20 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now a strong sweetish berry-like note is perceptible, which brings a fine woody tone and gives the fragrance a pleasant masculine aura and is due to the juniper berry.

At the same time, the juniper berry is enveloped in a fine creamy and very subtle spicy note, which ensures that the Himalayas get something cuddly and come from the sandalwood.

These two notes are accompanied by a very delicate tart nuance which, in my opinion, was used to give the heart note a nice markance and to make it come from the vetiver.

In the background and on my skin only, there is a subtle aromatic, slightly peppery nuance, which completes the fragrance wonderfully and I suspected nutmeg and cloves instead of nutmeg and pepper
The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 3 hours before the base asserts itself.

Thanks to the musk, the base receives a clear, but unfortunately also very delicate, old-fashioned hint, which is pleasantly warmly enveloped by the ambergris.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive tonka bean, but I can imagine very well that this component was used for completion.

In total, the fragrance lasts 6 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning in such a way that one is perceived very well at half an arm's length and this is also maintained 2.5 hours in such a way, before it is reduced in quiet steps, until the smell finally completely fades away
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the sample.

KingPinKingPin 20 months ago
Feels unbalanced, the notes are not working in harmony. Not bad, not good, not worth the price.
AkuninAkunin 2 years ago
In last 6 months , i got just 1 compliment for this scent. Will not buy it again definetly . 6/10

by Zora
creed - himalaya : der, der so sehr immergeht das er selbst gipfel erklimmt :) himmlisch kühl mit einer dennoch leicht geerdeten würze - auf die mischung kommt es an - und diese ist manchmal sogar am spannendsten wenn sich kleine gegensätze vereinen...
by Felsn
by Nyze29
by 3Lv3
by 3Lv3

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed