Himalaya (2002)

Himalaya by Creed

Himalaya is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Pepper, Gunpowder
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.11.2019

8.0/10

In icy heights
The water's flowing. Quietly and quietly it splashes down. From windy heights, covered with snow and ice, it flows down in a small stream. Small waterfalls, surrounded by icicles, it jumps down. Every now and then a juniper berry falls into it, a few lemons sleep next to it. The lower we get, the warmer it gets. From the riverbed, hearty minerals are taken along, which lend hardness. The exhilarating trickle ends in a village where the inhabitants shave their beards with traditional razors and lots of cuddly foam in the mist grey morning.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Opel Creed
Now I have to take a stand for this one.
I'm not a Creed disciple, that's no secret and I also find several hypes about their scents completely overdrawn. I find hypes and trends mostly exaggerated anyway. Without wanting to offend anyone, it is often the users who ridicule a brand, even though the product itself is not bad.

The older ones may remember the Opel Manta. A car that managed to fill 2 movies in the early 90's, because since the end of the 80's there was the cliché of the stupid Manta driver named Manni, who drove through the prairie with gold chains, sweatpants and cowboy boots and a blonde dressed up hairdresser named Uschi at his side in the pimped up and lowered Manta. The Manta Jokes were born. Mostly flat and always clichéd like, "I bought a Kenwood plant last week!" - "A Kenwood facility, really? Or "What do you call two guys in a manta ray? Stupid stupid bullet." The shortest joke back then was "...there's a manta ray in front of the university"

Now what's the author trying to tell you?
The car was actually a good solid sports car that the masses could afford and for which they got many extra parts. There wasn't much to complain about on the car itself, he couldn't help it. His competition with Golf, Scirocco or Ford Capri has never brought him such dubious fame. That wasn't a bad car. It was simply driven only by the wrong people, whereby there were enough Spackos, which drove a car of the competition mentioned.
At that time I was still young and without a driver's license, but I would not have liked to sit in such a car, I would have been embarrassed and there were certainly quite a lot of normal people who had a manta ray.

Creed reminds me. Well made perfumes, which can't help it, are often worn by today's men, who only want to get an Uschi out of them. They want to be as cool as the manni with his car and don't realize how ridiculous they are. Like Manni, too. The legend or cliché of the Pantydropper was born and now almost every week we enjoy a new Aventus Kommi, which like the one released and deleted a few days ago only aimed to indignate its wearer and serve the corresponding cliché. I always roll my eyes when a new one comes in, and I'm wrong about the serious perfumes. But it's a fact that many people are only interested in compliments and the external impact of the fragrance on women. All you have to do is read through it.

If my girlfriend likes a fragrance, I think it's very nice, but I wear my perfumes for me for now. Not to please or impress anyone. Creed itself doesn't have much that personally appeals to me, but that's also a matter of taste, I don't like everything from other brands either. But when I smelled the Himalaya for the first time and had it sprayed on my arm, I was immediately so excited that after a few minutes I was back and applied it completely. A few days later he moved in with me.

Many speak of a coolness and freshness that I cannot reproduce in such a way. Perhaps the name leads one to associate this, in my spontaneous statement at that time I spoke of the Erzgebirge. Who was already once there, that it is very beautiful there knows.
Yes, the scent is fresh, but not as clear, not as cool as one would feel the icy air in the Himalayas, but more sedate. I blame nutmeg and pepper for it, which after a not too citric start also start and give the whole a very fine unsaponified barbershop topping. With that we would also have arrived at the heart of this fragrance. Vetiver and juniper berry bind the whole. That lasts quite long, but if the base and the musk begin, it is even a bit better. A very elegant fragrance that you can wear on a suit, as well as on a shirt, but also in a casual look all year round as I think.

The fragrance is adult, not playful, relatively unsweet and this may explain the ratings here, because perhaps one or the other after Aventus more promised. I also believe that this is not for someone built in 2000.
Some may also criticize that for the price of the fragrance is nothing special, but everyone can hold that as he likes. I don't know the fragrance twin mentioned here, but otherwise there don't seem to be many alternatives.
I was surprised myself that I liked the fragrance so much, because I had few expectations, but maybe it has to be the same. A bit disappointed I am, however, that I do not know at all whether I have caught a good batch!
Before there are any answers... that was irony.

Embarrassing was the Manni and not the car at that time, like today some vehicles and not the smell.

The Creed mutates to the Opel Manta I think is out of the question, because only a few people outside the forum know the brand, but we should make sure that it doesn't say "Creed carrier in front of the Uni"
at some point... "is there a Creed carrier in front of the Uni"

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Norleans
Fresh, clean... strong. A freshness bomb
There was a trip to Florida on the agenda and I was spoilt for choice as to which fragrance to wear. I only take one fragrance with me per holiday trip, so that I can associate this fragrance with all the beautiful moments that happen on holiday in the future.

It should be mentioned that in the northwest of Florida it can be very cold at this time of year (and in some places it was), so that a typical summer scent was out of the question.

So I decided on my 10 ml TZ Himalaya. I have become very fond of Himalya over the last few months. Its freshness and its in places almost obtrusive purity, I found simply great. I like to wear the fragrance in the office or for sports, but in the evening it's a bit too fresh and not very playful for me
Now I had him with me on vacation and sprayed him diligently in the morning. One stroke left and right on the neck and you are well prepared for many hours. For a non-woody Creed not from the Exclusives line, the shelf life of 6-8 hours is very good, the Sillage leaves nothing to be desired.

Now, however, the monotonous use during these days has somehow led to me (and my wife on me) getting tired of the Himalayas. I find the freshness a bit too penetrating at the moment, almost stinging. If I had had a second warmer (softer) scent for the evening with me, I might not be so saturated with Himalaya...

Now I am home again and can fall back on a few alternatives. Himalaya has to take a little break now and I hope that I didn't get tired of him completely. It was the same with Oud Wood by Tom Ford (which I could exchange for another nice scent in the souk). After some time I didn't want it on me anymore.

Not taking into account my current olfactory overdose, I can say that Himalaya is the freshness bomb for me at all and has nothing of shower gel or deodorant at all. You just smell freshly washed and "serious". The fragrance is not playful or sensual, no. He's harsh, male, almost a little too sterile. I can't remember whose comment on another Creed fragrance I read, but Parfumo said that in Creed fragrances there's no warmth at all. And this is true (except for the lines mentioned above)!

The Crreedchen question remains: Is he worth his money? Objectively speaking, no. But since I am not aware of any perfume that comes close to Himalaya's special freshness, there is no alternative. Actually I wanted to buy a bottle after the emptying of the TZ, but this will now be postponed until my desire to return to the Himalayan freshness.

PS: In the perfume department of a big department store in Pensacola I inquired about typical scents, as the American man likes them, but mentioned that Sauvage and Bleu (for which there is a lot of brutal advertising there) are already known to me. I was recommended Jimmy Choo Man Blue and Burberry Brit (not mine either). Strangely enough it is very powdery in the USA, in the parfumo.de description of fragrance it is said to be spicy-oriental). In general, I have found that the male American is not so often found fragrant. That seems to be different for women.
6.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Masculine cuddly Markanz
At first you can perceive a fine, but strong sweetish fruity note, which brings a very discreet awakening sourish touch and is due to the grapefruit.

At the same time, the grapefruit is accompanied by an intense herbaceous note, which makes it pleasantly palpable and comes from bergamot.

These two notes are accompanied by another sweetish fruity note which gives the top note something soft and comes from the mandarin.

The entire top note is accompanied by a pleasant, very refreshing lemon, which in my opinion has been used as an air lifter.

This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 20 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now a strong sweetish berry-like note is perceptible, which brings a fine woody tone and gives the fragrance a pleasant masculine aura and is due to the juniper berry.

At the same time, the juniper berry is enveloped in a fine creamy and very subtle spicy note, which ensures that the Himalayas get something cuddly and come from the sandalwood.

These two notes are accompanied by a very delicate tart nuance which, in my opinion, was used to give the heart note a nice markance and to make it come from the vetiver.

In the background and on my skin only, there is a subtle aromatic, slightly peppery nuance, which completes the fragrance wonderfully and I suspected nutmeg and cloves instead of nutmeg and pepper
The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 3 hours before the base asserts itself.

Thanks to the musk, the base receives a clear, but unfortunately also very delicate, old-fashioned hint, which is pleasantly warmly enveloped by the ambergris.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive tonka bean, but I can imagine very well that this component was used for completion.

In total, the fragrance lasts 6 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning in such a way that one is perceived very well at half an arm's length and this is also maintained 2.5 hours in such a way, before it is reduced in quiet steps, until the smell finally completely fades away
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the sample.
6.0 9.0 9.0 3.0/10

Chevalier
One should neither accept nor possess what one does not really need for life. Mahatma Gandhi
Creed is exclusive. Creed is unique. Creed is special. Creed's for connoisseurs only.
All only superlatives, then tensioned this Himalayan tested and completely disappointed. This mountainous scent can be safely omitted, better said one can very well do without it.
How did Creed build his image, I don't know a single fragrance that is the real star in the sky for me. Not even Aventus is a favorite with me. So tastes are different.

Nevertheless I find the nutmeg with the grapefruit and the bergamot very funny.
Not balanced at all and somehow a little child comes to my mind which has smelled something unpleasant and then produces a, Wääähhhhhhhhh.
The whole compilation is for me rather an Altdamenduft, surely however no gentleman smell.
Certainly not a feel-good scent either, maybe if I clean the toilet, then the Cillitbang is a bit similar if I bought the summer citrus variant in action.
Or else?
Emptiness, silence and great astonishment how a brand could create such a dishwasher fragrance at all. The even bigger question, why is this fragrance still being manufactured? I can't imagine anyone seriously perceiving this brew as pleasant or good.
Unless you deliberately disturb your fellow men and make yourself extremely popular with this fragrance.
The maximum penalty is in the current heat period in a closed office with an indoor temperature of about 32 degrees with this fragrance to show up. There one does not know whether the facility manager let the toilet smell extra more because of the high degrees of warmth, or whether it is the Creed.

While writing I had to free my wrist from this brew for a moment, because this smell came up again and again so unpleasantly, I have rarely experienced this.

The Sillage is unpleasantly strong and brings out the musk extremely badly, the tonka bean or the ambergris I can not recognize. Probably the amber is the reinforcement for the perception of the base and heart note. Otherwise I cannot explain this description to myself. Otherwise the ingredients are quite pleasant for a summer fragrance except for the ones mentioned above. Here however total loss.

As Gandi had stated earlier, one does not have to accept or possess what one does not really need for life.

MasterLi
Impressive smell, bright, fresh, zesty, pure...

I am impressed by the smell of this one. I've now tried a few Creed fragrances and think that Himalaya can compete with the famous ones. I get an opening of juniper berry and bergamot (with citrus: presumably grapefruit and lemon). The sandalwood, ambergris and cedar wood make a great base. It seems simple, yet it delivers a really good punch and is interesting. I don't have a point of reference to compare it to designer fragrances, but I will say that I am yet to be disappointed by a Creed fragrance. I also get the inspiration for this fragrance as the mountains of the Himalayas. This smells like how you would imagine iron rich mineral water from a mountain stream to smell like. Ultimately, I do think it's a good fragrance, and again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to invest and purchase or not.
7.5 5.0 2.5 6.0/10

Another disappointment
"Another disappointment"

It is a light musky with some woods and citrus tones. It smells good, but not worth the price.

Expected more from a Creed and this also disappointed me: not that it's bad, on the contrary, has a fantastic aroma and very well built.

The disappointment is in the sense that it lacks personality: much like aroma with Paco Rabanne XS, launched 11 years before, lacking therefore originality.

Sillage, duration and projection are medium / low.

Updated December 2014

What?
I don’t know the Creed line very well, but just tried Original Vetiver and Himalaya. The former is a clone, the latter not so much a clone as simply derivative. Himalaya smells like 75% Salvador Dali’s Laguna mixed with 25% Cool Water. It settles down to a metallic musk without distinction. Laguna and Cool Water both have far more coherent drydowns.

Thank goodness I tried Irisia from Creed at the same sitting. Otherwise I’d have written this house off with 2 strikes.

Also, these names. I loved Irisia, but there’s not a trace of iris to be found. Original Vetiver without a bit of vetiver in the composition. Himalaya? Iconic mountain range full of bucket-list implications for the western bourgeois dilettante? Cliche watery-fruity fragrance? What’s the association? This is less le Labo misdirection than bad lifestyle marketing in the vein of RL Safari.
5.0 10.0/10

A Scent for Mr. Big
Himalaya promises clarity, purity- almost transparency. And the scent keeps it promise. It's a scent for Mr. Big in "Sex and the City". Attractive, successful, charming, intelligent and so forth. This scent fits a man wearing a suit, who is successful in his business and who doesn't want to catch attraction due to a strong, individual perfume. Himalaya is understatement at its best. It's of very high quality. Very fresh and clear. This transparency and clarity has a positive effect on your business environment. It doesn't distract but it's present in the background. I first got to know this scent when I met a top manager who always had to look neat and well-rested while he had to perform on a top-level day by day. He could have gone for any scent in this world, because he has pots of money but he decided to go for Himalaya.

As a woman I find this scent smashing!

Btw, Mr.Big actually uses Eau Sauvage in Sex and the city as the movie has told us :-)

KingPin 9 months ago
Feels unbalanced, the notes are not working in harmony. Not bad, not good, not worth the price.+2
Akunin 17 months ago
In last 6 months , i got just 1 compliment for this scent. Will not buy it again definetly . 6/10+1
5.0

by Scentist
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Viking by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed