Himalaya (2002)

Himalaya by Creed

Himalaya is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Pepper, Gun powder
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.07.2020.

Byronia
The vastness of the sky in a silver flacon
"Look at the vastness, the firmness, the swiftness of the sky and stop admiring what is worthless!" Boethius
Well, with Creed, it's easy.
The way the combination of citric reception combined with a hint of wood and sweetness, and despite the implied depth, always succeeds in staying in airy heights, almost pulls me to storms of enthusiasm. SO I would have wished for the Tauer L'Air de Alpes Suisses...which unfortunately disappointed me a little personally. But that's a matter of taste, as fragrances are With me the scent lasts and lasts and lasts, whereby the Sillage diminishes after a short time. But I don't mind that. Because this scent is mine
#For a statement too long and for a comment too short, but it's all said (by me). ;-)

My dearest Creed, my signature
The silver drinking bottle of a mountain climber, the mountain itself covered with snow, there are many theories and opinions about why the bottle was designed the way it was designed. For me, all these associations are beautiful and fitting.
I have been on this platform for almost a year now. But I have to say that I have been registered here before. At that time I had the feeling of losing control and simply spending too much money.
Therefore, emergency brake, sign off.
That helped. I got my bearings. Gave me a good overview of the whole scent landscape and the different scent directions. In the end, I always found myself with the Freshis. Meanwhile, five of the 30-40 scents I used to have are still there. Only the ones I really appreciate.
And that includes the Himalayas from the Creed company. Creed knows, at least on this platform here, probably everyone does. Creed's policies, especially his sales strategy, are open to debate. I deliberately leave that out at this point.
For me Creed produces beautiful, high quality fragrances, which unfortunately are often too weak on my chest. My latest example is a retest of the original Vetiver. Great scent, fits exactly into my booty scheme. Unfortunately after two hours the fun was over. I like discreet, not too loud scents, but this one was a bit too much understatement for me But now to the Himalayas.
For me, Himalaya is by far the best fragrance from Creed. He has what I like about a perfume. Lots of freshness, a nice barbershop note, quality, depth. And the whole thing goes both casual and in a suit.
I usually have respect for bergamot, but in this fragrance it is well integrated from the beginning.
For me Himalaya radiates freshness, clarity/ purity and somehow a sober kind. It is uncomplicated and can be used all year round. Never inappropriate, never too much. Down-to-earth is also good for me.
The durability and silage are very good for me by the way. I myself perceive it for up to nine hours. It also radiates very well in the first three hours.
The bottle in the typical Creed shape is pleasing and the colour silver matches the content. Also Creed- typical there is a good amount of perfume when you press the spray head, so that two sprayers are absolutely sufficient for me. If you spray too much, I find it stings quickly. So don't overdose, it doesn't fit to this scent anyway.
My conclusion: A beautiful, fresh and cooling, high quality fragrance in the direction of barbershop and a matching flacon.

My dearest Creed, my signature.
Reinhold Messner
climbed all 8000s,
A man like a tree, the landscape has eaten into his face, created furrows and written his life.

I have a special relationship with this man, because every year I go to South Tyrol in the mountains for hiking and climbing. The funny thing about it: my annually rented holiday apartment is directly opposite the castle, where Messner lives in the summer months. This means that I have often seen him in the valley while shopping etc. He is a nature freak who is close by and who gives everything for the mountains, but who has made many a decision and statement with a double-morality.

By the way, he also has a perfume series :D

When I smell Creed's "Himalayas" and get dieselled with it, Reinhold always comes to mind. Likewise, the pictures of the last mountain vacations open up to me, I see landscapes that are rocky and barren, I see frozen mountain lakes and smell the herbs of the mountains. Creed has succeeded in creating a fragrance that knows how to unite many things in itself, it is tart, fresh, dry, masculine, cool, metallic and slightly citric (at least at the beginning). It is a calm fragrance, a still life, which gives the wearer a reserved elegance. You look like a mountain yourself, you stand securely and firmly in life, you no longer need experiments and proofs and you are content with what you have. A fragrance that you could choose if you admit to yourself that you have already tested everything and that you are satisfied with whatever works. A fragrance that can be worn in every season, that is uncomplicated, that is pleasing to the eye, that looks good on young and old and doesn't make any fuss.

The scent pyramid also bears witness to the fact that Creed has succeeded in creating the FRISCHE-HERBE men's perfume. All you need is the three-step plan:

1. Refreshingly citric start, through which the interest is aroused
2. Slightly peppery heart note, which is added after a few minutes and gives the whole thing a subtly sharp undertone.
3. And a seductive base where musk skilfully combines the first two steps and wraps them in a veil that prevents it from becoming too peppery or citrusy.

And Tada: The result is the most universal men's perfume in the upper price range!
But there are also deductions in the B grade:
It is actually not the most durable of fragrances. In my case it lasts about 6-7 hours and is well perceptible for about 2 hours, then the glacier melt begins...
At the height of summer he manages a little more ;)

Conclusion: In conclusion, it remains to say that I have searched for a long time and have fished almost exclusively in the fresh segment and have found my all-rounder with Himalaya. Especially the mountain world to which he takes me back is a gift that only scents can give. Besides, if you rummage in the net for a long time, you can also land a good snapper and get 50ml for under 100 Euro.

I think that Reinhold Messner would also enjoy this unagitated, simple and simply beautiful fragrance.

Underrated
Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Sandalwood, Musk, Ambergris and Cedar

An underrated fragrance. An enjoyable citrusy opening with a sexy musky, Sandalwood and Woody drydown. Surprisingly I have received the most compliments on this one as well.
A real mountain climber
When you think of Creed, you think of Aventus. When you think of niche, you think of Aventus.

These views, which have now become truisms, are omnipresent and continue to hold true, if you just look at how large the share of this water in the overall profit of the entire house is. And yet it is difficult for me to find access to it.
The purchase of one of the most famous Aventus clones, Armaf's "Club de Nuit Intense Man", in the heavy and abundantly ostentatious black cobblestone bottle, which many believe contains a perfume that is 90% equivalent to Aventus, wanted to make the spark jump over to me. Undoubtedly I knew immediately why so many people like this scent DNA and why he is still so successful. Just as undoubtedly, however, was the fact that I am not the type for it and I will not be. This mixture of leathery smoke and tangy pineapple, paired with an overdriven sillage (I assume that this is less chemical and therefore less overflowing in the original Aventus than in CDNIM, but I think the direction is the same) does not meet my taste.

Oh, and also, I hate pineapple. Not just on the pizza. I guess that's where the dog is buried...

Very well, then. But I begrudge Aventus his success. He has definitely earned it and he has probably not only seduced me to take a look at the house in general and the other Creed scents.

Here I would like to highlight the Himalayas in particular. A fragrance that I like all along the line, not even because of its apparent pyramid of scents, whose notes for an 18-year-old perfume are amazingly reminiscent of a "blue" fragrance from the last five years. Rather, this fragrance with its rough and invigorating freshness paired with careful fruit sweetness radiates a masculinity that is self-confident but not boastful, and that doesn't opt for macho ("Aventus"; "Bentley for Men Intense") or softie ("The Dreamer"; Joop fragrances in general).

The freshness is more reminiscent of a strong wind, which blows clearly with its sillage, but does not knock you over. Neither a gentle breeze nor a devastating hurricane, but just right. Whether you feel it at the top of Mount Everest or at a lighthouse cliff with a strong current and crashing waves is irrelevant, both are suitable
In short: a powerful but not tactless shower gel fragrance of the upper class, which is comparatively versatile (especially for office, leisure and sports) and my previous Creed favourite.
Creed can
there are houses or brands whose creations inspire me. Acqua du Parma for example, especially the Blu Mediterraneo series. Or Profumum Roma, some fragrances have also found their way into my home. Lorenzo Villoresi is also one of those I can warm to. All Italian, coincidentally. With the English, however, I have my difficulties, which I only noticed when writing here. So it took years until a Penhaligon's found my favour with Sartorial. And Creed could not attract any attention from me, not even the Aventus celebrated by so many.

At the end of the day, fragrances are and remain a highly individual matter and a question of personal taste. And that's a good thing, because how bad would it be if entire airports, trains, buses or trams smelled exactly the same. I like it when people, whether male or female, leave a scent trail past me, always different, often familiar, sometimes new and all the more interesting, sometimes appropriate and sometimes not. I find it enormously exciting and I am happy when I (presumably) recognize which scent a person is wearing.

But back to Creed, as I said, a long-established, almost venerable brand that hasn't convinced me yet. By chance, a power outage in the office "damned" me to stroll and so I ended up in a temple of fragrance. The Himalayan tester was stolen, as the saleswoman explained to me (it's really incredible, but in this day and age people steal what's holding the stuff), so a mini-tube had to serve the purpose and be used.
Himalayas. Once many, many years ago the subject of a paper I gave when I was at school. Hence a name that is familiar to me, that evokes memories (of good nature), but which also evokes reverence for the irrepressible power of the elements, which in the case of the Himalayas has also claimed many lives. Expectations therefore exist, but limited due to my previous experience with Creeds.

It starts out fresh and fruity, then becomes slightly woody as it progresses, and the base note then fades away somewhat softer overall.
A great scent. He is not a loudspeaker, not a market crier, not one who attacks or attacks you, not one who takes your breath away.
He's clean, elegant, virile. One that, when you feel good, makes you feel even better. One that underlines your personality but never changes. One who emphasizes that here comes a man who has everything under control, but never gets pushy. One that is perceived in a personal conversation, but without polarizing or dominating your counterpart. One that does not take up meeting rooms within minutes, but still leaves traces. A gentleman.

For me very very close to the perfect fragrance. I find composition and progression equally successful. What am I missing for perfection? A slightly better performance. Although Himalayas have a fantastic sillage and shelf life compared to other creed freshies such as Milessime Imperial. The Sillage decreases after 2-3 hours, but the durability is really good, on my skin it lasts about 9 hours, that's okay. Thus a 10 for the fragrance per se, 7 for the Sillage (because fresh scents practically always struggle to close range), 8 for the shelf life. Yeah, and the bottle, typical Creed, you can like it, you don't have to. A joke is the packaging, just a despicable cardboard box, so you can sell a supermarket fragrance but not a high end product for 160 eurons. Others can and do this much better.

But in the end it all depends on what's in the bucket, doesn't it? And for me it is already my personal fragrance of the year 2020, so after several attempts Creed even got a super critical nose like mine :-)
Old but gold
Here now my first, official comment and this one I dedicate to Creed Himalaya. The fragrance may be a bit outdated and certainly there are cheaper alternatives (although also Creed fragrances like Himalaya and GIT are often "cheap" to have) but this is one of my current favorite fragrances and has been for some time. The effect the Himalaya has on my sensation, I know so or so similarly only from GIT...this fresh, clear, slightly powdery head note...this feeling of purity. As soon as I put on this fragrance, I always feel like I have a fresh shower and it awakens a feeling of cleanliness and positive charisma in me. Surely the people around me will not perceive me as I do, but this fragrance promises some compliments and lasts between 6-8 hours. The silage, however, is only noticeable in the first 2-3 and afterwards...I am "alone" again with this heavenly scent. Still, a fantastic fragrance! If you can get him cheap, he'll do well in any collection.

Ps. I'm still working on my perfume poetry, so with my first comment I just tried to express my "feelings" about this perfume :-)
In icy heights
The water's flowing. Quietly and quietly it splashes down. From windy heights, covered with snow and ice, it flows down in a small stream. Small waterfalls, surrounded by icicles, it jumps down. Every now and then a juniper berry falls into it, a few lemons sleep next to it. The lower we get, the warmer it gets. From the riverbed, hearty minerals are taken along, which lend hardness. The exhilarating trickle ends in a village where the inhabitants shave their beards with traditional razors and lots of cuddly foam in the mist grey morning.
Opel Creed
Now I have to take a stand for this one.
I'm not a Creed disciple, that's no secret and I also find several hypes about their scents completely overdrawn. I find hypes and trends mostly exaggerated anyway. Without wanting to offend anyone, it is often the users who ridicule a brand, even though the product itself is not bad.

The older ones may remember the Opel Manta. A car that managed to fill 2 movies in the early 90's, because since the end of the 80's there was the cliché of the stupid Manta driver named Manni, who drove through the prairie with gold chains, sweatpants and cowboy boots and a blonde dressed up hairdresser named Uschi at his side in the pimped up and lowered Manta. The Manta Jokes were born. Mostly flat and always clichéd like, "I bought a Kenwood plant last week!" - "A Kenwood facility, really? Or "What do you call two guys in a manta ray? Stupid stupid bullet." The shortest joke back then was "...there's a manta ray in front of the university"

Now what's the author trying to tell you?
The car was actually a good solid sports car that the masses could afford and for which they got many extra parts. There wasn't much to complain about on the car itself, he couldn't help it. His competition with Golf, Scirocco or Ford Capri has never brought him such dubious fame. That wasn't a bad car. It was simply driven only by the wrong people, whereby there were enough Spackos, which drove a car of the competition mentioned.
At that time I was still young and without a driver's license, but I would not have liked to sit in such a car, I would have been embarrassed and there were certainly quite a lot of normal people who had a manta ray.

Creed reminds me. Well made perfumes, which can't help it, are often worn by today's men, who only want to get an Uschi out of them. They want to be as cool as the manni with his car and don't realize how ridiculous they are. Like Manni, too. The legend or cliché of the Pantydropper was born and now almost every week we enjoy a new Aventus Kommi, which like the one released and deleted a few days ago only aimed to indignate its wearer and serve the corresponding cliché. I always roll my eyes when a new one comes in, and I'm wrong about the serious perfumes. But it's a fact that many people are only interested in compliments and the external impact of the fragrance on women. All you have to do is read through it.

If my girlfriend likes a fragrance, I think it's very nice, but I wear my perfumes for me for now. Not to please or impress anyone. Creed itself doesn't have much that personally appeals to me, but that's also a matter of taste, I don't like everything from other brands either. But when I smelled the Himalaya for the first time and had it sprayed on my arm, I was immediately so excited that after a few minutes I was back and applied it completely. A few days later he moved in with me.

Many speak of a coolness and freshness that I cannot reproduce in such a way. Perhaps the name leads one to associate this, in my spontaneous statement at that time I spoke of the Erzgebirge. Who was already once there, that it is very beautiful there knows.
Yes, the scent is fresh, but not as clear, not as cool as one would feel the icy air in the Himalayas, but more sedate. I blame nutmeg and pepper for it, which after a not too citric start also start and give the whole a very fine unsaponified barbershop topping. With that we would also have arrived at the heart of this fragrance. Vetiver and juniper berry bind the whole. That lasts quite long, but if the base and the musk begin, it is even a bit better. A very elegant fragrance that you can wear on a suit, as well as on a shirt, but also in a casual look all year round as I think.

The fragrance is adult, not playful, relatively unsweet and this may explain the ratings here, because perhaps one or the other after Aventus more promised. I also believe that this is not for someone built in 2000.
Some may also criticize that for the price of the fragrance is nothing special, but everyone can hold that as he likes. I don't know the fragrance twin mentioned here, but otherwise there don't seem to be many alternatives.
I was surprised myself that I liked the fragrance so much, because I had few expectations, but maybe it has to be the same. A bit disappointed I am, however, that I do not know at all whether I have caught a good batch!
Before there are any answers... that was irony.

Embarrassing was the Manni and not the car at that time, like today some vehicles and not the smell.

The Creed mutates to the Opel Manta I think is out of the question, because only a few people outside the forum know the brand, but we should make sure that it doesn't say "Creed carrier in front of the Uni"
at some point... "is there a Creed carrier in front of the Uni"

Norleans
Fresh, clean... strong. A freshness bomb
There was a trip to Florida on the agenda and I was spoilt for choice as to which fragrance to wear. I only take one fragrance with me per holiday trip, so that I can associate this fragrance with all the beautiful moments that happen on holiday in the future.

It should be mentioned that in the northwest of Florida it can be very cold at this time of year (and in some places it was), so that a typical summer scent was out of the question.

So I decided on my 10 ml TZ Himalaya. I have become very fond of Himalya over the last few months. Its freshness and its in places almost obtrusive purity, I found simply great. I like to wear the fragrance in the office or for sports, but in the evening it's a bit too fresh and not very playful for me
Now I had him with me on vacation and sprayed him diligently in the morning. One stroke left and right on the neck and you are well prepared for many hours. For a non-woody Creed not from the Exclusives line, the shelf life of 6-8 hours is very good, the Sillage leaves nothing to be desired.

Now, however, the monotonous use during these days has somehow led to me (and my wife on me) getting tired of the Himalayas. I find the freshness a bit too penetrating at the moment, almost stinging. If I had had a second warmer (softer) scent for the evening with me, I might not be so saturated with Himalaya...

Now I am home again and can fall back on a few alternatives. Himalaya has to take a little break now and I hope that I didn't get tired of him completely. It was the same with Oud Wood by Tom Ford (which I could exchange for another nice scent in the souk). After some time I didn't want it on me anymore.

Not taking into account my current olfactory overdose, I can say that Himalaya is the freshness bomb for me at all and has nothing of shower gel or deodorant at all. You just smell freshly washed and "serious". The fragrance is not playful or sensual, no. He's harsh, male, almost a little too sterile. I can't remember whose comment on another Creed fragrance I read, but Parfumo said that in Creed fragrances there's no warmth at all. And this is true (except for the lines mentioned above)!

The Crreedchen question remains: Is he worth his money? Objectively speaking, no. But since I am not aware of any perfume that comes close to Himalaya's special freshness, there is no alternative. Actually I wanted to buy a bottle after the emptying of the TZ, but this will now be postponed until my desire to return to the Himalayan freshness.

PS: In the perfume department of a big department store in Pensacola I inquired about typical scents, as the American man likes them, but mentioned that Sauvage and Bleu (for which there is a lot of brutal advertising there) are already known to me. I was recommended Jimmy Choo Man Blue and Burberry Brit (not mine either). Strangely enough it is very powdery in the USA, in the parfumo.de description of fragrance it is said to be spicy-oriental). In general, I have found that the male American is not so often found fragrant. That seems to be different for women.

KingPinKingPin 17 months ago
Feels unbalanced, the notes are not working in harmony. Not bad, not good, not worth the price.
AkuninAkunin 2 years ago
In last 6 months , i got just 1 compliment for this scent. Will not buy it again definetly . 6/10

by Zora
creed - himalaya : der, der so sehr immergeht das er selbst gipfel erklimmt :) himmlisch kühl mit einer dennoch leicht geerdeten würze - auf die mischung kommt es an - und diese ist manchmal sogar am spannendsten wenn sich kleine gegensätze vereinen...
by Felsn
by Scentist
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed