Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie

(1870)
Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed
Where to buy?
Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie is a popular perfume by Creed for women and was released in 1870. The scent is flowery-oriental. It is still in production.

Creed

Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 10.0/10
Helpful Review    6 Awards
An Empress
Years ago, in search of a new signature scent, I stopped at a Neiman's counter and found myself in front of the Creeds, not knowing Creed but guessing it was probably okay, since it was in the store. Spraying and sniffing began, but nothing strongly appealed. I was about to give up when the manager came and asked if I had a favorite floral. That was easy. Jasmine. He disappeared and returned with a bottle of this, originally formulated for Napoleon's empress. A few sniffs and I plunked down my credit card to pay the hefty price, understanding why Eugenie urged the House of Creed to move from London (where for 100 years it had been serving the English Crown), to Paris so it could scent her 24-7. Since that counter visit, I've lived in fear of running out of Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie. It isn't the best Jasmine I've ever smelled. For me, that honor goes to Montale's Jasmin Full. However it's definitely one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled. Eventually I learned it’s classified as an oriental and that these are big, sensual creations. Last year when I bought a perfumery kit and first smelled galaxolide, I recognized it as an underpinning of this scent and others. Experimenting, I combined it with indolic Jasmine Grandiflora and Bergamot and voila! Love. Whatever this perfume contained in Eugenie’s day, it has galaxolide now. Otherwise, I’m inclined to believe it is as noncomplex as the notes listed. Bergamot, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ambergis, Sandalwood, Vanilla are quite a narcotic enough mix to account for this empress’ beautiful airs. I wore it today to my nail salon and was swiftly complimented. Longevity and sillage have always been top notch, but recently when I bought a backup bottle, the empress didn’t seem the same. Reformulation? Lack of quality control? I’m nursing every drop of my old bottle, because the new one, though also lovely, doesn’t seem quite as grand.
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
3 Awards
A Sultry, Seductive, Oriental Floral
Creed JASMIN IMPERATRICE EUGENIE is a sultry, seductive oriental floral perfume in which jasmine and vanilla dominate from start to finish, with sandalwood becoming more marked in the drydown.

I am quite familiar with the combination of jasmine and vanilla absolutes, as these feature prominently in the Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy JASMINE VANILLA line (logically enough!). It's a splendid combination, if not particularly subtle. I had thought that BBW phased out this member of their "sensual" line, but fortunately they did not. There are few more delightful bath experiences than using the BBW Jasmine Vanilla creamy body wash and luxuriating in the swirling aromas of jasmine and vanilla just above the surface of the water. But I digress.

The Creed formula is just as intoxicating to my nose--if not more--and suitable probably only for at-home use on cold winter nights. One reviewer I read at another site referred to "hot coochie". Not sure that I'd go quite that far...

...

Update:

Based on my positive test of JASMIN IMPERATRICE EUGENIE, I eventually acquired a bottle, after which I came to see how much richer this is than the BBW line.

Popular Creed

Aventus by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Silver Mountain Water by Creed Millésime Impérial by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Love in White by Creed Royal Water by Creed Spring Flower by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love in Black by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed