Millésime Impérial (1994) Eau de Parfum

Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed

Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green mandarin, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Marine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.07.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Love at first inhalation
I only registered here in December of last year. Quite quickly I used the souk to an extreme extent and was looking forward to the expected fragrance mail every day. I have discovered a few great scents (often through the free samples that some perfumes added) and a few scents almost caused disgust in me. But no fragrance has ever appealed to me so much from the first inhalation and I was fascinated by Millesime Imperial. Funnily enough, I received two fragrance letters on that day, one with the ordered 5ml filling, the other with MI as a sample. So double jackpot.

Since I have not yet reached a good level in the description of the individual scents, I cannot add anything to all my prescribers. For me this fragrance is simply noble, unobtrusive, fresh, hygienic and pure.
There is no fragrance that triggers such a positive feeling in me. Even the hardest scent critic, my wife, thinks he's great
A few weeks ago, I bought myself a bottle. I wear MI both at work and when I leave. But I find it less suitable for sports.

I can't say anything negative about the unsatisfactory shelf life of the many criticisms. As I recently mentioned in a commentary, after a hard day after 11 hours I still had a clear perception of the fragrance. So I can't express any criticism here either.

In my opinion, the bottle is a bit too ostentatious, but - just like books - you shouldn't go after the exterior.

The general Creedchen question remains: Is he worth the money? For me, who buys a bottle of luxury, it is worth the money, because I feel a great joy every morning when spraying it on and often simply sniff the bottle when I am in the bathroom, because it inspires me. As it is well known that you don't treat yourself to anything else, the price is ok for me.
I have full understanding for all critics of the expensive smells (beside Creed there are still some, which ask correctly to the cash), if they do not want to make the expenditure, since there are many beautiful smells, which are substantially more affordable.

Who wants to try something noble, clean and special should give Millesime Imperial a chance.
9.0 5.0 5.0 6.5/10

Novalis
...the big brother or rather the little one...?
The big brother or the little one? from Erolfa?
Now you have to own them both?
For my taste, no.
Are they fundamentally different?
Also I would deny that.
Is it almost possible to say it's a Flanker? Hmm, difficult.
At least I find them very similar.
Fragrance: the fragrance starts very suspiciously similar to Erolfa. Now you can argue: citric, what does that mean? Clear: after citrus-like plants, there are lemons, limes, grapefruit, mandarin, orange, bergamot (with which the well-known Earl Grey tea is flavoured) and much more.
I find green mandarin very funny in the top note... if you can smell it?
I'm sure there are candidates. I can't smell it. I smell lemon or even almost lime.
So it stretches endlessly and becomes a little more filigree after some time.
The maritime notes, like some salt, algae etc. are not present here. More like the shy little brother of Erolfa? What if a little finer? I'd say yes.
I personally think Erolfa is more beautiful! The maritime notes and the pepper make it a little more herbaceous and robust in my opinion.
Here, however, the spirits argue. Maybe they thought they could optimize him a little. I think you could have left it alone...
But of course the bottle is magnificent!
1.0 3.0 8.5/10

Good scent, BUT
The conjunction with the four letters, the often bitter aftertaste of an initial statement. Eko Fresh called his new single "ABER". (It's not bad, by the way) Anyway, this is about the Millesime Imperial by Creed, which is very popular in forums as well as on YouTube.

Years ago I had already tested it on a test strip that I didn't like so much, but gave it another chance in the form of a sample. After the sample had disappeared quite quickly, a filling had to be done right away. The scent is simply fabulously good. After all, it combines fruity elements with maritime notes without drifting into clumsy aquatic realms. I also understand what many people mean by this "salty sea vibe", because it actually has something salty about it.

In warm to very warm weather it is actually always wearable. From a T-shirt with short trousers to a business suit and from morning until the warm summer nights. It always goes!!

So now we come to the big fat BUT. MI smells absolutely top and I like it much better than other creeds like smw, viw, Aventus and others, but the performance is under all guns. About two hours ago I sprayed the scent with 3 splashes from my Tz onto my forearm and I can hardly perceive it even with my nose on my skin. After 15-30 min the Sillage can only be sniffed close to the skin. On the skin it holds under best conditions only max. 4 hours.
For me an absolute impudence in view of the price Creed demands.
For those who still want to have the scent I can give three tips.
1. 30ml bottling is available for less than 40€. Or
2. to lay equal a 250ml bottle, because the price/performance ratio fits better with the large bottle and you don't get stuck on the quantity due to frequent spraying.
3. also diesel the clothes properly. He'll last a little longer.

So I think it's a real pity that creed doesn't meet the needs of the customers and fans a little bit and packs in a little more scented oils or at least turns down the price screws a little bit.
6.0 5.0 4.0 8.0/10

Basti87
One of the best creeds despite miserable performance
Even though Creed is a very popular brand here, most don't like me. Except for Virgin Island Water, there's no one there to blow me off for that high price. Nevertheless, I find many of them very wearable and solid. Like this one, or Original Santal, Green Irish Tweet, Silver Mountain Water or Aventus. But I don't understand the hype about some of them.
I already own the two fragrance twins of Ed Hardy and Sean John for some time, so I wanted to test the high-priced "original". Both I wore and I like to wear very much. The Ed Hardy goes strongly in the direction, but is somewhat more youthful held by the sweetness. The Sean John already goes stronger in that direction, especially when the top note disappears.

The bottle in the shops differs from the golden bottle pictured here. It only has a gold label and lid. I have never seen the pictured golden bottle except here before.
The best thing about this fragrance is the beautiful top note. Fresh, noble, gentle and carefree. A pleasant mild citric note is present through bergamot and lemon, but it is rather soft. In addition, there is a tart mandarin, which harmonises with the citric note. A maritime aquatic system also ensures well-being and a pleasant wearing experience. Very noble. Later he drifts into the irrelevantly common sandalwood amber musk. Pleasant, but ordinary.
Minus point: I find the performance miserable. Has the fragrance been reformulated or are there different batches like the Aventus? Some rate the performance as above average or mediocre. Even 10.0 at H/S I see. It's not my skin, because I often have the maximum performance.
I don't even have a strong Sillage at the beginning. It's very close but really disappointing if you attach great importance to it. Also the durability is with few hours with me rather weak.
Sean John's "twin", on the other hand, lasts about 8 hours with quite good performance.

Maybe you can explain to me why the performance perception here varies so much with this fragrance. I expect a lot more for the Creed Prize.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Millesime Imperial Ok?
I really enjoy this fragrance but it lack longevity performance. I usually have to decant this fragrance just to enjoy the longevity of it. Sean John's Unforgivable is the closest clone hands down to me. I usually layer this with SJU as well for longevity. I love the fragrance but not too happy about the performance.

A voyage through emotions
It is a rich sea-salt perfume. If you take a journey with a boat, your boat might smell like this perfume. sea-salt merged into the woods. A very rich and unique perfume.
8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Sunshine In A Bottle
Imagine if you will that you are sailing in the south of France on a big white yacht on a hot sunny breezy day. You are drinking champagne and eating slices of watermelon while breathing in the fresh crisp morning ocean breeze. This is what I imagine while smelling this gorgeous scent.

To my nose the fragrance smells like a luscious watermelon coupled with the scent of the ocean. It also has a golden creamy opulence about it like they have captured sunshine in a bottle. It is warm and light and has this alluring familiar sexy undertone to it which for a while I just could not put my finger on. Then after spending a good amount of time wearing it from my sample, bingo I got it.

You know that opening gorgeous Iris note from Green Irish Tweed that everyone loves. Its in this as well but the scent has been blended with green mandarin to give this fragrance its signature watermelon smell.

I have to say on a personal note I think this scent is incredible, its clean and fresh and perfect for a hot summers day. I have a big 120ml bottle of this so I can bathe in it. One important thing to point out is this has to be worn fully and smells better when the scent takes to the air and surrounds you, than just smelling it up close on your wrist.

Another thumbs up to Creed on a excellent Scent.
9.0/10

Ephemeral Genius
A trio of luscious citrus for a top note, Iris in the center with fresh and watery marine notes, and a classic amber, musk, sandalwood base, here not ordinary. This fragrance has a certain quirky complexity that speaks to my bad girl alter ego, ScentGal. It makes her think of that good-looking genius in R&D with all the patents, who makes guitars in his spare time. Maybe she’ll take him some sinful chocolate chip cookies, see what he’s inventing now. Whereas Aventus inspires admiration, Millésime Impérial captivates. Unfortunately, its charms don’t linger as long as those of Aventus. Soon enough the R&D guy is back in his lab, being mysterious again. I love this perfume. It makes me close my eyes in pleasure. It does need serious reapplication though.

by Mustang69
by HongThong
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Original Santal by Creed Viking by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed