Millésime Impérial 1994 Eau de Parfum

Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Green mandarin orangeGreen mandarin orange LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris Marine notesMarine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.05.2022.

Carlosfarra
There are scents… and scents
From my experience with perfumarie, there’s scents… and scents.
For years now, I’ve had dozens of fragrances, followed the gurus (hey, Jeremy) in their “self-imposed” compliment hunt on us, apassionados.
I’ve purchased a LOT of fragrances, tried them, liked them… used them for a while. And ended up keeping only 7.
Why did I do that? The more I got and used the hyped perfumes, I realized that there are INFINITE amount of good and even great perfumes.
Nonetheless, there’s a few, a selected few, that are special, where the others are not.
Millesime Imperial has a special place in my heart, and is one of my Top 7. Probably the number one. It’s amazing, exciting, makes me want to wear it for myself, and every time I get a wiff of it, I have such a sense of exclusivity, of luxury, wanting more.
It doesn’t project (almost at all), however this is the perfect skin scent, when you kiss or hug someone, trust me, they will give you a compliment. But don’t use it for that reason. Keep it exclusive. In fact, I am happy that not that many people “hype” it. Keep something special, special. This is not just any scent.
Thank you Jan from the Souk, who made it possible for me to try it and never let it go!
10/10

MILLESIME IMPERIAL
I am not really a fan of aquatic/marine fragrances, but I must admit this one surprised the hell out of me. I have been looking for a perfect citrusy fragrance to bolster my shortage of them, and holy hell did this one fit into that gap! It is first and foremost a citrus, but not like a lemon, orange or grapefruit single citrus fruit scent, it's a wonderful blend of lemon, orange, pink grapefruit all together, heavier on the richer, sweet orange juice aspect of the citrus spectrum than the sour/lemony side, with Creed's iris note mixing in to almost give the illusion of a rich watermelon mixed in with them. Then complimenting that aspect, there's a bit of a salty musk beneath it, the marine aspect I guess, but not a dirty "get your arse to tub musk", it feels very fresh, sort of like that nice smell a person's skin gets just as the sun starts to heat it up on a beautiful warm day, so that it's practically screaming "get close to me." The two aspects, the fruit/citrus and musk/sea/salt blend together and it's just awesome.

Longevity is good to excellent, for a citrus centered fragrance. I get a good 4-5 hours or so before it's completely a skin scent on me, which really came as a pleasant surprise, because this fragrance is not reputed to be that steadfast in its grip on the skin. On my shirts, it lasts for days. Even a couple days later I can still smell it the last shirt I wore it on. Perhaps that's a function of the ambergris? I am uncertain, but whatever the reason, I'm delighted
Imperial Water.....
Why I'm reviewing a summer scent in the depths of autumn......no idea.
I just felt like it.
I've added Millesime Imperial to my collection.
My 6th Creed which honors me. Why I bought it....... It grabbed me right from the start. I was always afraid of the H/S. That's why I waited a long long long time.
Now it's here. And I am happy.
Of all the summer fragrances in my collection, this is probably the noblest. Sure the performance could be better. But extremely negative it has not struck me.
But the fragrance....mmmh so extravagant and classy.
Nothing comparable has come under my nose until now. The citrus, the musk and the sandalwood. Everything perfectly coordinated. Nothing is too much and from no one has too little. Simply perfect.
For me, next to Virgin Island Water and Aventus the best of Creed.

Matux
I can relate this to others, as mentioned here and there by many fragrance - hobbysts: Millesime > Sean John Unforgivable > Club de Nuit Milestone > Carolina Herrera CH Men > Natura Homem Verum.

Except for reports on two being quite similar, my observation does not support the idea that they are clones or dupes, just different takes on the same molecule. For example, Natura's feeling is synthetic, while CH is not; at the same time, CH has some notes in common with Millesime, however, this last one is an EdP while CH is an EdT, so complexity favors the CH.

The point being is that these points in common are a perfect reference about the way fragrance - design works, namely, a molecule that is adapted to a brief, be it the nose, the client or, simply put, the market's preferences.

As to the scent, marked spices, some fizziness, very nice longevity (my bottle's content evaporated, and as a consequence, the EdP might have become a perfume), very complex.

Truly enjoyable.

4ajbukoshka
Monologue of an imperial scion
I never wanted to grow up I always put up a fight
Beautiful as a jewel on the outside
And yet they put me in the corner
Dragged me to royal and imperial balls
Puffed up my childish ego with a bow tie and suit
But quite obviously, I have remained a five-year-old child
Who wants to be happy and carefree in spring and summer
Only then
when I am no longer light as a feather and can concentrate
Will I be taken on the several hours' excursions on the high seas
So long I'll whistle as if I've done nothing
Disappear unnoticed
To play with the other kids in the sandbox
Mama looks sour, as if she had bitten into a lemon
She's just as beautiful as I am
For the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
I throw everything I can find on the beach at her
Missed, but I hit her anyway - my way
That's what she gets for bringing the little heir to the throne into the house herself!

--------
Yes, that's what you get.
No one is forcing you to read my posts, let alone invest your money in tepid breezes. After all, those breezes smell noble, I'll give them that.
Oh, the Peter Maffay earworm? You're welcome! Again and again very gladly. For mind-bleaching, I recommend something stronger. Vodka perhaps

Formal and pleasant
This perfume is very underestimated, perhaps due to its poor longevity, but if I had to evaluate only the fragrance itself I would certainly include it among the 'perfect' perfumes.

It has everything I like in a perfume: fresh, clean, with a hint of underlying sweetness and with that lightness and transparency that make it unique.

The name is also very apt, as it has the air of being a noble fragrance and for the few, with a hint of austerity that makes it formal.

Venomrock101
Fruits floating in a salt water pool
The brighter cousin of Silver Mountain Water, Millésime Impérial takes all the aspects that make Silver Mountain Water dark and replaces it with bright fruits to make an excellent spring and summer scent. The fruit that sticks out specifically to my nose is melon, but not honeydew melon like Amongst Waves by Gallagher Fragrances. Instead, it is more like your typical watermelon, but like the idealized version of a watermelon. It’s hard to explain, but you can just pick up the “green” and “red” aspects of a nice slice of watermelon in this fragrance. Like if you closed your eyes and held your wrist up to your nose and sniffed, you would be able to see a watermelon slice in your mind, even without knowing it’s a note in the fragrance. It’s pleasant, and light, but has enough heft in it to push through on a cold spring day. A very nice fragrance and one that I would recommend, especially if someone is new to the fragrance community, as it is a nice entry point to the world of niche fragrance. Still, try before you buy.
Jas0N
Where there is light, there is shadow
Creed. A polarizing name with scents that trigger more discussion potential than the current power holder of the United States. And that means something ;).

Some people demonize them, some people idolize them. And then there are those who lie somewhere in between. I fall in line with the latter. I neither fall on my knees for humility, nor do I get grey hair and wrinkles
But what I definitely want to give Creed credit for is their sophistication in product placement. With Aventus, they have placed a mainstream-suited perennial, created classics like Green Irish Tweed in their niche (my signature to this day) and theme-based fragrances like Himalaya or Virgin Island Water.

Now Millesime Imperial has fallen into my hands and I was more than curious. Maritime fragrances are among my favourites - above all I like to apply them and wear them at work. And let's be honest: we don't even want to be imperial or at least smell like it ;). Meanwhile you can buy land in Scotland and get a title of nobility. But this is also the end of the flagpole.

Millesime Imperial is a thoroughly fresh and maritime summer scent with a bow to the classic scent direction. I can agree with MajorTom: I also find the fragrance quite straightforward and linear, which is not a bad thing. Also a linear scent development speaks for a good knowledge of the craft.

The fragrance starts with tangerine. The green tinge definitely creates the association "algae". But I find it quite pleasant and also not disturbing. Maybe it's because of the lemon, which accompanies the beginning subliminally and works as a well-functioning support.
In the further course the fragrance gets the necessary depth. Tangerine remains the main chord, I can perceive salty impacts. The fragrance realistically creates a feeling of summer, sun and beach. This is something that Creed does really well. Sandalwood and musk give the fragrance a woody undertone and it fades away at some point.
As mentioned above, no complex structure or special/exceptional interpretation of the summer theme. But well implemented, without corners and edges.

Now I praise the scent over the green clover, but why do I think of the following headline!?
Well, there's a "but" coming. A but with a weeping eye
The fragrance has an extremely poor shelf life. And that is probably what many previous speakers found annoying about the fragrance. And possibly leads to the fact that the fragrance is no longer a candidate for purchase.
For a fragrance in this price range, I can't even expect more, I have to. Other fragrances don't last forever either, but are already on testosterone compared to Mi. A point that bothers me with many creeds and I find extremely pity.

Where there is light, there is usually shadow. And the shadow is very big at Creed - especially here

Smellavision
Fruit and rum lunchbreak at the beach ?
Opening with a transparent watery melon scent, that slowly turns into a thicker creamy calone-like smell with bergamot added and ending with the Creed signature ambergris/musk base. Sweet and unisex, but at the same time slightly sour. I sort of get the idea that Creed might have tried to get into the summer clubbing scene with this one, as it has a somewhat bubble-gum vibe to it? I also note a slight similarity sometimes to "old paper", as in well worn money notes or books that have been stored for many years?

Having previuosly owned Sean John Unforgivable, I can clearly see where SJ got the inspiration from. Though the SJ seems somewhat more synthetic, it is also heavier on the salt note which actually makes the overall blend more acceptable to my nose, where MI seems to hit more of a sweaty seaweed-like note.

Projection and longevity is unfortunately quite underwhelming with this one, a couple af hours and all projection is gone and after two hours more it's barely detectable at all. In short it's kind of a melon-floral aquatic and I find it to share quite some similarities with Insense Ultramarine, so if you're a fan of that this won't disappoint you. Overall impression - slightly forgettable and not that impressive.
Ingenious, but...
The first thing that stands out about Millesime Imperial - besides the effect of the name, of course - is the bottle, or more precisely its colour. Gold and Imperial. Now that's an announcement.

Disadvantage of such sayings: whoever announces must also deliver at some point. Otherwise, death threatens in the category of low or even non-performers. And as we all know, there are plenty of them.

But: Millesime Imperial fulfills almost completely due to the above mentioned announcement of extremely high expectations. I can only agree with various previous speakers and writers when they talk about a clear, pure and fine fragrance. Noble still comes to my mind, Millesime is really the first Creed that completely convinced me.

Interestingly enough, my fragrance is quite linear and without any big surprises. It's not negative at all. A pleasure from start to finish, an outstanding, light and extremely pleasing summer scent, which in my opinion also works well in spring and autumn. Only on the cold days of winter would I definitely prefer other options.
As they say, it's all in the mix. And the mixture that the Creed Laboratory has created here is really great. Many competitors also mix citrus fruits with wood notes, but I find this composition extremely successful in terms of the result.

So far so good, BUT, as the Englishman always says so nicely, you know, there's always a but, and here it comes. The durability, whether on a test strip or my skin. I can only consider it scandalous, I am really sorry, not only in terms of the brand per se, but also in terms of the price Mister Creed is allowed to charge for it. 165 Euronen is almost an impertinence, sounds like mockery in my ears. After three or four hours, you literally have to fall around my neck to notice anything at all. Also the Sillage comes off similarly badly, after not even one hour everything is gone. I am as disappointed as I am shocked, this performance drops the fragrance, which for me is so fantastic, to the level of a cheap department store clerk.
Where others - and I'm not comparing apples with pears - similarly light and fresh products really step on the gas, there is nothing left of this Creed. Zero comms zero. Niente.

Either I've got a miserable batch that is simply so weak in performance (and I've tested on several days and at different times), or Millesime Imperial is really that weak. However, disappointing. Whether excessive use, I want to say five sprayers plus, would improve the situation, I can't say.

The bottle on the other hand is strong, I think it's great, even if it's not for people who prefer a bottle in a discreet leasing-grey colour in the cupboard or on the shelf. The "packaging" that absolutely matches the contents.

Here I stand now, I little fool, and I'm as wise as ever. I cannot describe my emotional life better than with Goethe. A scent that carries me away. And a durability/silage that I don't know why and why so weak. And a bottle for big ones.

This leaves an extremely ambivalent picture, which I have tried to incorporate as objectively as possible into my evaluations.

So I thought I had finally found a Creed for me, but all in all the search will probably continue.

Pity.

JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
Too many cheaper alternatives that smell exactly the same to justify this price. Unforgivable smells better and performs as well.
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
Heavy spiciness that lasts a lifetime having as a reference CH Men EdT; somehow not as complex because of a EdP concentration.
AngeloManiAngeloMani 11 months ago
Now only a short-lived memento of once grand times.
The fact that Greed is selling this at these prices is laughable. Nothing to see here.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 11 months ago
Bright fruity and powdery iris. Dries down to sandalwood. Wears close to skin.
AndreiSmd93AndreiSmd93 1 year ago
Salty, fruity,marine scent - perfect for summer. My 15U01 batch performs very good. Get a pre 2016 if you can, it is quite weak after that.
GreMuserGreMuser 2 years ago
Very underrated fragrance, maybe for the weak performances, but it's a very pleasant and inoffensive smell, super safe and unique.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Salty and fruity. Marine notes and mandarin. A touch of iris, amber, sandalwood. Disappointing in terms of scent and miserable performance.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Noblesse oblige! In this light but perfectly balanced scent there's all the class married with the British aplomb. Discrete but divine!

by Mustang69
by HongThong
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular by Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed