Millésime Impérial 1994Eau de Parfum

Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed
Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Creed for women and men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green mandarin orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Marine notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.10.2020.

Jas0N
Where there is light, there is shadow
Creed. A polarizing name with scents that trigger more discussion potential than the current power holder of the United States. And that means something ;).

Some people demonize them, some people idolize them. And then there are those who lie somewhere in between. I fall in line with the latter. I neither fall on my knees for humility, nor do I get grey hair and wrinkles
But what I definitely want to give Creed credit for is their sophistication in product placement. With Aventus, they have placed a mainstream-suited perennial, created classics like Green Irish Tweed in their niche (my signature to this day) and theme-based fragrances like Himalaya or Virgin Island Water.

Now Millesime Imperial has fallen into my hands and I was more than curious. Maritime fragrances are among my favourites - above all I like to apply them and wear them at work. And let's be honest: we don't even want to be imperial or at least smell like it ;). Meanwhile you can buy land in Scotland and get a title of nobility. But this is also the end of the flagpole.

Millesime Imperial is a thoroughly fresh and maritime summer scent with a bow to the classic scent direction. I can agree with MajorTom: I also find the fragrance quite straightforward and linear, which is not a bad thing. Also a linear scent development speaks for a good knowledge of the craft.

The fragrance starts with tangerine. The green tinge definitely creates the association "algae". But I find it quite pleasant and also not disturbing. Maybe it's because of the lemon, which accompanies the beginning subliminally and works as a well-functioning support.
In the further course the fragrance gets the necessary depth. Tangerine remains the main chord, I can perceive salty impacts. The fragrance realistically creates a feeling of summer, sun and beach. This is something that Creed does really well. Sandalwood and musk give the fragrance a woody undertone and it fades away at some point.
As mentioned above, no complex structure or special/exceptional interpretation of the summer theme. But well implemented, without corners and edges.

Now I praise the scent over the green clover, but why do I think of the following headline!?
Well, there's a "but" coming. A but with a weeping eye
The fragrance has an extremely poor shelf life. And that is probably what many previous speakers found annoying about the fragrance. And possibly leads to the fact that the fragrance is no longer a candidate for purchase.
For a fragrance in this price range, I can't even expect more, I have to. Other fragrances don't last forever either, but are already on testosterone compared to Mi. A point that bothers me with many creeds and I find extremely pity.

Where there is light, there is usually shadow. And the shadow is very big at Creed - especially here

Smellavision
Fruit and rum lunchbreak at the beach ?
Opening with a transparent watery melon scent, that slowly turns into a thicker creamy calone-like smell with bergamot added and ending with the Creed signature ambergris/musk base. Sweet and unisex, but at the same time slightly sour. I sort of get the idea that Creed might have tried to get into the summer clubbing scene with this one, as it has a somewhat bubble-gum vibe to it? I also note a slight similarity sometimes to "old paper", as in well worn money notes or books that have been stored for many years?

Having previuosly owned Sean John Unforgivable, I can clearly see where SJ got the inspiration from. Though the SJ seems somewhat more synthetic, it is also heavier on the salt note which actually makes the overall blend more acceptable to my nose, where MI seems to hit more of a sweaty seaweed-like note.

Projection and longevity is unfortunately quite underwhelming with this one, a couple af hours and all projection is gone and after two hours more it's barely detectable at all. In short it's kind of a melon-floral aquatic and I find it to share quite some similarities with Insense Ultramarine, so if you're a fan of that this won't disappoint you. Overall impression - slightly forgettable and not that impressive.
Egalite
Maritime luxury fragrance for a short time
Very fine, pleasant citric start with a maritime note. Followed by amber and musk.
Very noble, very pleasant. I'd wear it in autumn, spring and winter too, if it lasted longer!!
Ingenious, but...
The first thing that stands out about Millesime Imperial - besides the effect of the name, of course - is the bottle, or more precisely its colour. Gold and Imperial. Now that's an announcement.

Disadvantage of such sayings: whoever announces must also deliver at some point. Otherwise, death threatens in the category of low or even non-performers. And as we all know, there are plenty of them.

But: Millesime Imperial fulfills almost completely due to the above mentioned announcement of extremely high expectations. I can only agree with various previous speakers and writers when they talk about a clear, pure and fine fragrance. Noble still comes to my mind, Millesime is really the first Creed that completely convinced me.

Interestingly enough, my fragrance is quite linear and without any big surprises. It's not negative at all. A pleasure from start to finish, an outstanding, light and extremely pleasing summer scent, which in my opinion also works well in spring and autumn. Only on the cold days of winter would I definitely prefer other options.
As they say, it's all in the mix. And the mixture that the Creed Laboratory has created here is really great. Many competitors also mix citrus fruits with wood notes, but I find this composition extremely successful in terms of the result.

So far so good, BUT, as the Englishman always says so nicely, you know, there's always a but, and here it comes. The durability, whether on a test strip or my skin. I can only consider it scandalous, I am really sorry, not only in terms of the brand per se, but also in terms of the price Mister Creed is allowed to charge for it. 165 Euronen is almost an impertinence, sounds like mockery in my ears. After three or four hours, you literally have to fall around my neck to notice anything at all. Also the Sillage comes off similarly badly, after not even one hour everything is gone. I am as disappointed as I am shocked, this performance drops the fragrance, which for me is so fantastic, to the level of a cheap department store clerk.
Where others - and I'm not comparing apples with pears - similarly light and fresh products really step on the gas, there is nothing left of this Creed. Zero comms zero. Niente.

Either I've got a miserable batch that is simply so weak in performance (and I've tested on several days and at different times), or Millesime Imperial is really that weak. However, disappointing. Whether excessive use, I want to say five sprayers plus, would improve the situation, I can't say.

The bottle on the other hand is strong, I think it's great, even if it's not for people who prefer a bottle in a discreet leasing-grey colour in the cupboard or on the shelf. The "packaging" that absolutely matches the contents.

Here I stand now, I little fool, and I'm as wise as ever. I cannot describe my emotional life better than with Goethe. A scent that carries me away. And a durability/silage that I don't know why and why so weak. And a bottle for big ones.

This leaves an extremely ambivalent picture, which I have tried to incorporate as objectively as possible into my evaluations.

So I thought I had finally found a Creed for me, but all in all the search will probably continue.

Pity.

The golden spice broth
I'll make this short: After all the exuberant comments of my "fellow perfumers" I would like to say: not unpleasant, certainly maritime, but not directly cutting me down. Because I'm a bit desperate for this fragrance DNA, just like I found it at Silver Mountain Water. I would describe it (as already described elsewhere) as a salty cucumber, with an evil tongue I would even call it "Maggi-Melon". Silver Mountain Water has a very similar DNA, allegedly also a perfume of stars and starlets.

Yes, you can wear it (you should also be able to for the price), but both fragrances seem to me like I'm cooking a sauce from purely natural ingredients and adding some instant broth at the end so that it's spicy enough and appeals to as many palates as possible. If I were to add a colour to this fragrance, it would be yellow-brown, i.e. quasi gold, which in turn would match the bottle! ;-)

Of course, this only corresponds to my own subjective sense of smell. I even slowly believe that with the bergamot as a scent, it is just as displeasing as a salty (!) maritime note. Only: If I could easily list 4-5 fresh citric fragrances, which I like better and cost less than half, then Millésime Impérial simply doesn't make sense to me!
Love at first inhalation
I only registered here in December of last year. Quite quickly I used the souk to an extreme extent and was looking forward to the expected fragrance mail every day. I have discovered a few great scents (often through the free samples that some perfumes added) and a few scents almost caused disgust in me. But no fragrance has ever appealed to me so much from the first inhalation and I was fascinated by Millesime Imperial. Funnily enough, I received two fragrance letters on that day, one with the ordered 5ml filling, the other with MI as a sample. So double jackpot.

Since I have not yet reached a good level in the description of the individual scents, I cannot add anything to all my prescribers. For me this fragrance is simply noble, unobtrusive, fresh, hygienic and pure.
There is no fragrance that triggers such a positive feeling in me. Even the hardest scent critic, my wife, thinks he's great
A few weeks ago, I bought myself a bottle. I wear MI both at work and when I leave. But I find it less suitable for sports.

I can't say anything negative about the unsatisfactory shelf life of the many criticisms. As I recently mentioned in a commentary, after a hard day after 11 hours I still had a clear perception of the fragrance. So I can't express any criticism here either.

In my opinion, the bottle is a bit too ostentatious, but - just like books - you shouldn't go after the exterior.

The general Creedchen question remains: Is he worth the money? For me, who buys a bottle of luxury, it is worth the money, because I feel a great joy every morning when spraying it on and often simply sniff the bottle when I am in the bathroom, because it inspires me. As it is well known that you don't treat yourself to anything else, the price is ok for me.
I have full understanding for all critics of the expensive smells (beside Creed there are still some, which ask correctly to the cash), if they do not want to make the expenditure, since there are many beautiful smells, which are substantially more affordable.

Who wants to try something noble, clean and special should give Millesime Imperial a chance.
Novalis
...the big brother or rather the little one...?
The big brother or the little one? from Erolfa?
Now you have to own them both?
For my taste, no.
Are they fundamentally different?
Also I would deny that.
Is it almost possible to say it's a Flanker? Hmm, difficult.
At least I find them very similar.
Fragrance: the fragrance starts very suspiciously similar to Erolfa. Now you can argue: citric, what does that mean? Clear: after citrus-like plants, there are lemons, limes, grapefruit, mandarin, orange, bergamot (with which the well-known Earl Grey tea is flavoured) and much more.
I find green mandarin very funny in the top note... if you can smell it?
I'm sure there are candidates. I can't smell it. I smell lemon or even almost lime.
So it stretches endlessly and becomes a little more filigree after some time.
The maritime notes, like some salt, algae etc. are not present here. More like the shy little brother of Erolfa? What if a little finer? I'd say yes.
I personally think Erolfa is more beautiful! The maritime notes and the pepper make it a little more herbaceous and robust in my opinion.
Here, however, the spirits argue. Maybe they thought they could optimize him a little. I think you could have left it alone...
But of course the bottle is magnificent!
Good scent, BUT
The conjunction with the four letters, the often bitter aftertaste of an initial statement. Eko Fresh called his new single "ABER". (It's not bad, by the way) Anyway, this is about the Millesime Imperial by Creed, which is very popular in forums as well as on YouTube.

Years ago I had already tested it on a test strip that I didn't like so much, but gave it another chance in the form of a sample. After the sample had disappeared quite quickly, a filling had to be done right away. The scent is simply fabulously good. After all, it combines fruity elements with maritime notes without drifting into clumsy aquatic realms. I also understand what many people mean by this "salty sea vibe", because it actually has something salty about it.

In warm to very warm weather it is actually always wearable. From a T-shirt with short trousers to a business suit and from morning until the warm summer nights. It always goes!!

So now we come to the big fat BUT. MI smells absolutely top and I like it much better than other creeds like smw, viw, Aventus and others, but the performance is under all guns. About two hours ago I sprayed the scent with 3 splashes from my Tz onto my forearm and I can hardly perceive it even with my nose on my skin. After 15-30 min the Sillage can only be sniffed close to the skin. On the skin it holds under best conditions only max. 4 hours.
For me an absolute impudence in view of the price Creed demands.
For those who still want to have the scent I can give three tips.
1. 30ml bottling is available for less than 40€. Or
2. to lay equal a 250ml bottle, because the price/performance ratio fits better with the large bottle and you don't get stuck on the quantity due to frequent spraying.
3. also diesel the clothes properly. He'll last a little longer.

So I think it's a real pity that creed doesn't meet the needs of the customers and fans a little bit and packs in a little more scented oils or at least turns down the price screws a little bit.
Basti87
One of the best creeds despite miserable performance
Even though Creed is a very popular brand here, most don't like me. Except for Virgin Island Water, there's no one there to blow me off for that high price. Nevertheless, I find many of them very wearable and solid. Like this one, or Original Santal, Green Irish Tweet, Silver Mountain Water or Aventus. But I don't understand the hype about some of them.
I already own the two fragrance twins of Ed Hardy and Sean John for some time, so I wanted to test the high-priced "original". Both I wore and I like to wear very much. The Ed Hardy goes strongly in the direction, but is somewhat more youthful held by the sweetness. The Sean John already goes stronger in that direction, especially when the top note disappears.

The bottle in the shops differs from the golden bottle pictured here. It only has a gold label and lid. I have never seen the pictured golden bottle except here before.
The best thing about this fragrance is the beautiful top note. Fresh, noble, gentle and carefree. A pleasant mild citric note is present through bergamot and lemon, but it is rather soft. In addition, there is a tart mandarin, which harmonises with the citric note. A maritime aquatic system also ensures well-being and a pleasant wearing experience. Very noble. Later he drifts into the irrelevantly common sandalwood amber musk. Pleasant, but ordinary.
Minus point: I find the performance miserable. Has the fragrance been reformulated or are there different batches like the Aventus? Some rate the performance as above average or mediocre. Even 10.0 at H/S I see. It's not my skin, because I often have the maximum performance.
I don't even have a strong Sillage at the beginning. It's very close but really disappointing if you attach great importance to it. Also the durability is with few hours with me rather weak.
Sean John's "twin", on the other hand, lasts about 8 hours with quite good performance.

Maybe you can explain to me why the performance perception here varies so much with this fragrance. I expect a lot more for the Creed Prize.

A voyage through emotions
It is a rich sea-salt perfume. If you take a journey with a boat, your boat might smell like this perfume. sea-salt merged into the woods. A very rich and unique perfume.

GreMuserGreMuser 14 days ago
Very underrated fragrance, maybe for the weak performances, but it's a very pleasant and inoffensive smell, super safe and unique.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 31 days ago
Salty and fruity. Marine notes and mandarin. A touch of iris, amber, sandalwood. Disappointing in terms of scent and miserable performance.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
Noblesse oblige! In this light but perfectly balanced scent there's all the class married with the British aplomb. Discrete but divine!

by Mustang69
by HongThong
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed