Original Vetiver 2004

Original Vetiver by Creed
Original Vetiver is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2004. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bitter orange, Mandarin orange, Vetiver leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite pepper, Coriander, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Sandalwood, Musk, Vetiver

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 06.10.2020.

Smunitz
This is no Mugler Cologne!
Very original take on Vetiver (at the time). Probably next to Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver and Roja's Vetiver Perfume in terms of easy to wear and all rounder type of vetiver-based scent. Very gentlemanly and classy, very tamed creation. Opens with very soft citrus and spicy (pepper and nutmeg) with watery green note very present (the vetiver grass blades were used on top traditional vetiver roots). As spicy accord stays throughout the life of the scent, the green vetiver transitions to dry vetiver roots mixed with Creed's "usual" ambegris/sandalwood /musk trio at the base. A lot of people see this as "clone" of Mugler Cologne, I don't. To me Mugler is very one-dimensional, light summer splash while this one is the real deal, heavy duty construction, year round men's cologne. I would not even put them as being in the same genre (other than the greenness of the scent, I guess). Performance is average for this type of scent and the current formulation is very light and much shorter lasting but still as good as my 2010 bottle suggests in terms of overall scent. I went back and forth with this one (selling bottle and buying it again) until finally I decided I must have it for good. This is for mature crowd, as I was getting older I liked it more and more (one thing Original Vetiver and Bois du Portugal have in common).
Welcome to Fluffy-Puffy-Land
Fluffy Puffy Land (*-*)
A land of airy, loose clouds on which you can romp and jump. Here everything is light, airy and relaxed. The troubled soul also finds here ruge from stressful everyday life and can let its thoughts float. In addition, Fluffy Puffy Land is characterized by the fact that relaxation is literally in the air and can be smelled. Since I have already been to that far away part of the world and its inhabitants welcomed me politely, I can now try to describe what it smells like here:

Somehow it smells slightly citrusy-powdery here, as if a powdered lemon was floating in the air. In the background I smell a light vetivier, which is very discreet and unobtrusive. I usually don't like Vetivier at all, here it doesn't bother me, that says a lot. Here the earthy Vetivier note is missing, which I really appreciate! Also ambergris, bergamot and musk seem to make sure that everything stays nice and fluffy. After all, we are in Fluffy Puffy Land! But sometimes I think I notice a slight peppery note, but I can also be wrong hihi. If you leave the far away place again, a soft veil remains on your skin, great!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------br /> After returning from Fluffy-Puffy-Land, the following can be noted about the Creed - when viewed soberly:

- Vetivier scent, which lacks all negative vetivier properties
- Powdery (fluffy) with light citric acid
- Green thanks to Vetivier
- light pepper base
- Fresh rather in the general appearance
- Beautiful, soft drydown of bergamot and musk
- all in a dreamlike designed bottle with a beautiful play of colours

Stupid: Shelf life (5-6 hours)
Stupid: Sillage (2 hours, then up close)
Stupid: Expensive!

= masculine, elegant and at the same time fluffy, relaxed, light men's fragrance for spring, summer and autumn, which doesn't last forever, but doesn't overwhelm the environment.

I actually had to think a bit about "Sun Song" by Louis Vuitton when I tested it today!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now spray and go back to Fluffy-Puffy-land (*-*)

Original Vetiver
Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, White Pepper, Coriander, Pink Berries, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Musk.

Opens up with green and citrusy notes.
As the scent develops Vetiver becomes the main player, hence the name. I also do detect Sandalwood in this as well.

A wonderful fresh scent for the summer.
Green soap?
When I mop the floor of my apartment, I have been using simple green soap for years. I just had to go into the broom closet again and make sure that it is not exactly the same smell ;-).
Fortunately, the Creed has much more power and finesse. First of all, as already mentioned, the smell of green soap. The bergamot freshens up the fragrance considerably, but the pepper adds a slight pungency. Fortunately, the base notes make the fragrance a bit softer again and capture the unrestrained freshness a bit. All in all the fragrance is without sweetness.

The fragrance has something of a fresh shower for the whole day. He's a little dry for me, though. The softer notes at the bottom of the otherwise also clear Himalayas suit me a little more.
Decision
Almost exactly seven weeks had passed since his graduation ceremony. It seemed a lot longer to him. And yet somehow unreal. Doctor of Law. Summa cum laude, too. And that in Havard.
How on earth did he do it? He steered the Toyota around a particularly deep looking mud hole. Although the rough and tumble four-wheel drive jeep would certainly have had no problem with it.
That's basically how he had been doing it all these years.
Always dodged the worst holes. Streamlined forward. All relationships used. No unpleasant questions asked.
And now the offer to join one of the most powerful law firms on the entire East Coast.
At his graduation they had given him a handmade Blaser bolt action rifle. Pure luxury, with the most expensive, which was available especially for driven hunts.
It was maybe another 4 or 5 miles to the hunting lodge where they would meet today. Where he was to inaugurate his new magnificent rifle.
Again the fresh green scent rose into his nose. No, it was not the forest, the windows of the Toyata were closed. It was the Creed perfume that Linda had given him She had just burst into his life a few months ago. Totally inappropriate. Environmental activist. Quite radical and uncompromising. And yet they got along very well right away. Actually, he didn't know why at all. They met, talked, laughed. Went together to small, inexpensive places where no one would take their friends. She told him about her origanization, her money problems and legal disputes. And he of his lecturers and rich fellow students.
And then one day she gave him Original Vetiver. "Suits you," she just said.
And somehow that was true. He still knew Vetiver from his father. Vetiver by Guerlain, the real original. For him, anyway. How presumptuous of Creed to claim the word "original".
But - the scent was simply special. Different than expected. Kind of thought around the corner. He didn't have anything rough, as he actually expected from Vetiver. Something playful, yet brave. Something of meadow, even grasses in summer, but also a certain wooden depth, stability, resistance. And above all, a lightness, not quiet, but cheerful somehow. Maybe sassy.
At some point she had asked him if he would rather work as a lawyer where he could make a difference. In your organization, for example. They had both laughed about it. She already had a sense of humor.
Suddenly he realized that he was not so far away from her. A few miles further on the road forks, left towards Belchertown and the hunting lodge, right towards Springfield where Linda lived.
He toyed with a thought for a moment. A weird fantasy performance. He always liked doing that. Get up in the middle of the lecture and pour a latte macchiato in the professor's face. Of course he had never done anything remotely similar. But the performance refreshed him A bit like that Creed perfume. He sniffed. Above all it smelled - of course. Yeah, not faux. As real as... Linda.
He now drove through a wide heather-like landscape, which spread northward to the edge of the forest, where the fork to Springfield was located.
On the left side of the path, the ground became more and more marshy, water holes reflected the thick cloud mountains that had meanwhile risen.
Suddenly a word came to his mind that characterized the fragrance quite well. A little theatrical perhaps -
but didn't he smell of freedom? All of a sudden he stepped on the brakes violently. With a jerk the Toyota stood still. He got out, opened the trunk and took out the Blaser rifle. The expensive root wood of the shaft shimmered in the early evening light. Some coot rose from the moor beside him. He took the box in both hands and hesitated briefly.
Then he threw her out into the swamp in a wide arc. It splashed, for a moment she seemed to float unmoved on the mire ceiling. Then it slowly began to sink until it finally disappeared completely into the unfathomable depths. Only a few air bubbles were hiding the spot where she had sunk.
He started the Toyota and drove on quickly without turning around again. At the crossroads, he made a rapid right turn into the deep woods behind which Springfield lies.

i would like 5l
i sprayed it on myself... and already it had me under its spell... i am really overwhelmed... the top note with a lot of wums nice and citric.. in general it fades away quite fast... but i also felt the tangerine very quickly, which is still there after 5 hours, and i smell something that smells really delicious, sweet without being pushy, i guess it is something you can eat, but certainly not the coriander, i don't like it... but i don't know what it is .... i could sniff at myself all day long... nothing pungent, not pushy, nothing artificial... incredibly pleasant

i don't know why this is a gentleman's fragrance, i think it's also suitable for a woman... not necessarily for a very young woman, but for a woman who likes to be a woman
for me it has something seductive despite the citric note... very successful for me and at least 5 hours shelf life is not soo bad... or am I wrong?
if only there wasn't a price... I'd like 5 liters, as I said... for morning, noon and evening... :-)
Actually... Vetiver light
The thing with the prefix "original" is always such a thing .... Probably another ingenious marketing gag from the Creed sales people.

One could rightly call this fragrance as mentioned in my headline, because the name Original Vetiver actually lures the vetiver seeker onto the wrong track ...
Compared to OV, Guerlain Vetiver could be described as the "original" Vetiver: bitter, earthy, rough, strict... But I can well understand that the typically strict Vetiver smell is not for everyone. I personally like Guerlain Vetiver very much, though.

Creeds Original Vetiver, on the other hand, is somehow also Vetiver, Vetiver ADDED, Vetiver PLUS, Vetiver IN ADDITION, etc. Put simply: not pure vetiver, but softened by flowery aspects and therefore less harsh and less rough, in dry down but still soft and wonderfully unsweet ...

Therefore I wouldn't necessarily use the classic Vetivers as a yardstick for Original Vetiver. OV is something independent and plays in its own league, I don't know Mugler Cologne now (but honestly I'm not really interested in it anymore ;-).

Surprisingly, the durability of OV is also quite appealing, so we can easily talk about eight hours here.

In my opinion, Original Vetiver is not only a pure spring/summer scent, but is also perfect for the cooler days. Fresh it is, of course, yes, fresh, especially in the prelude. I'm especially pleased that he is still unsweet despite being "only rich with vetiver" - in contrast to Creed GIT, who in my opinion doesn't quite manage the unsweetness (at least not at high temperatures), and can therefore almost be described as unisex, which surprisingly doesn't appear in the diagram at all The best thing about OV is the Drydown: It's fascinating that the Vetiver note is discreetly restrained even now ... In the foreground is a flowery, spicy, vetiver-enriched overall impression, which I can't describe any other way: Wonderful, well done Creed!

At 7.9, I think Original Vetiver is actually underrated. The price? Well, Parfumo Turbobean has recently analysed this aspect very well, and I can only agree with it fully.

May I introduce: My Creed Winner is .... Original Vetiver also known as "Vetiver Light".
Nice but unspectacular
I simply tested Original Vetiver out of interest, because I found the composition exciting. Creed fragrances don't appeal to me personally so far, but well, with such a well-known label the curiosity is of course still big.
And I have to say, I really liked this fragrance, especially the top note! I don't know how this comes about, because there are no ingredients directly in it, but the smell that rises freshly after applying it to me reminds me of the freshly made apple-carrot juice that sometimes existed in my childhood and that totally excited me!
After about 20 minutes, the fragrance becomes a little soapier for my nose, which I personally don't like very much, but which I think makes it perfect for the working environment. Also the fact that it is rather unobtrusive and the projection doesn't reach that far (about one arm length for 1 1/2 hours) makes it perfect for situations where you want to smell good but don't want to attract attention.
After 1 1/2 - 2 hours it is only perceptible from a short distance, but lingers there pleasantly woody for about 6-8 hours and just smells good!
So altogether I think I would not buy a whole bottle because of the soapiness (it's just not mine), but the trial filling is still enough for 3-4 times in which I will carry out the scent with pleasure :)
Norleans
Shut up and take my money! (Part 2)
Now I've finally found him! A fresh scent, which I could also wear on a blast furnace, when the outside temperature is clearly too high. Since April we have had hot days every now and then, when I wanted to surround myself with freshness, days when Ombré Leather would have caused me to faint.

I was the happy owner of Byredos Sunday Cologne for a short time and even shorter (>day), an even happier owner of Chanel Allure Home Edition Blanche (but that's also a long name!). Byredo was a blind buy and really not bad, but the citric was a bit too sour for me and the development of the fragrance a bit too boring. AHEB was well known to me from several forearm sprays and I love the scent. After I had ordered a new bottle after long consideration, I was disappointed by the really extreme short life on my neck skin and the good flak king was allowed to leave me the next day again more loving hands
With all my interest in Creed, I had never tried Creed's original Vetiver before. Actually, I didn't really know how Vetiver can smell (I only knew TF's Grey Vetiver until now and that didn't make me sick). So while strolling through the nearby Alstertal shopping centre on Saturdays, I just escaped to the ladies in the turquoise D with their heavy make-up and got a big splash on my wrist. My greatest fragrance critic is my wife. I did not buy some fragrances, because my wife got them terribly fang/ headaches. After we had reunited, I offered her my wrist and she sniffed. "It's delicious, kind of special" (YES!), "but that's a headache smell to me." (NO!!). I had never heard that combination from her before and I was stunned. And disappointed.
In any case, a few days later I was working in the city centre and made a short detour to the Jungfernstieg branch of the above fragrance house to spray on the fragrance again and take it with me on a strip Hours later I let my wife sniff it again and she still found him great - without a headache. Yes!!! That was enough for me and I ordered a bottle (no, not in the online trade of the fragrance house mentioned here).

Original Vetiver makes me think of sun and summer like no other fragrance before and that includes Virgin Island Water (which I find terrible). This initial green citric, not sour at all, but not mild either. Kind of round and fine. Simply great! It's developing nicely towards woody notes and probably vetiver (I don't really know it, but here I seem to like it). And best of all, my skin doesn't absorb as much as the AHEB. It keeps on me with four sprayers at least clearly perceptible six hours minimum, even at Ü-25°C.
But really the best thing is: When my wife recently left work and I opened the front door for her, she said, "you smell great". Since she has never done anything like this before (except with TFs OL), it really means a lot :-)
For me, OV is the summer discovery. Fresh, green (very different green than Bleecker Street! Also one of my favorites), somehow lively and smelling like summer mood.
No, I don't know the Thierry Mugler you've often mentioned. I am a bit stupid, but as already mentioned in other places, I act much too often true to the motto: "Shut up and take my money!"

Thanks for reading
Farneon
Grass green is also cheaper, right?! ;-)
I don't care about the name of the brand or the fragrance and what you might associate with it. I am not an unconditional friend of Creed fragrances, at least not for the price offered. That amounts to 250 Euro per 100 ml. From then on the whole story becomes almost outrageous, even with "Original Vetiver".

Of course, you can help yourself elsewhere, if you know the current fragrance clones of "Millésime Imperial", "Original Santal" or "Aventus" and lo and behold: There is actually hardly any difference noticeable, at least not for me! ... I think my nose is very sensitive, but not necessarily trained. So far I just can't say one hundred percent how pure Vetiver smells, even if I've already heard it in umpteen scents. After all, I would go so far that it arrives in my nose like a grassy lemon, so why not directly like lemon grass!? ;-)

Now I know that Vetiver in itself should smell very earthy (Terre D'Hermès sends his greetings), but for me personally there always remains only "green-citric". This also applies to "Original Vetiver". Although it smells completely different from the aforementioned "Terre D'Hermès", it still strikes the same notch. Somewhat grasier, I would say, with a much lower Sillage and a bit soapier towards the end ... Why one is described as "earthy-woody" and the other as "fresh-green" is not really apparent to me in the end.

What the fuck?! If you like it grassy, green and fresh, "Original Vetiver" is the right choice for you. The fragrance is quite linear. The EDP does not sting, does not bite and stands with its naturally colored clarity for a beautiful summer. The oldschool representative may appreciate the slightly soapy aftertaste, while the gourmand type may rather reject it.

Conclusion: Vetiver back or forth ... In my nose we are dealing here with a good representative of his guild, but whose price seems in no way justified. You have to be allowed to say that, because I'm just playing with the idea of buying a new car. And when I think that my current one should be worth just as much as two flacons "Original Vetiver" I think to myself: How gaga are you actually!? ;-)

ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
Sandalwood, ambergris or bergamot are more prominent than vetiver itself. Close to Mugler Cologne but woodier, creamier and with more depth.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 20 months ago
Original non existing vetiver aka Mugler Cologne. Skip this one and grab Mugler - smells exactly the same!
horridfraghorridfrag 4 years ago
This is truly a surprise for the robust and earthy vetiver is made to smell fresh, soapy clean and uplifting.

Vetiver by the water
by TheScenter
by Nage
by Nage

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed