Original Vetiver (2004)

Original Vetiver by Creed

Original Vetiver is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2004. The scent is fresh-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bitter orange, Mandarin, Vetiver leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Juniper berry, White pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Sandalwood, Tonkin musk, Vetiver

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 22.03.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10
... Vetiver?..
In most cases I can join DasguteLeben.

For me, the fragrance name has been missed here.

There is one thing you can always be sure of with this "House" - the high price!

Now it is basically the case in life that you pay more money for a well-known name/brand. Only if I pay this price, I expect the same quality.
Perhaps it comes through the unique or special manufacturing process that they have been patented and with which every seller of this brand opposes you broadly. However, this is of little help to the consumer if the Creed fragrances are known to overturn more often.
I gave my brother the Himalayas as a present. It overturned even after about 1 year. Not really an age.
So with Creed, when I get a fragrance, I'm always afraid I'll have to change it after a few months because it's gone bad.

Nevertheless, I came here and admitted that I had this fragrance myself about 8 years ago.
A. They were already expensive but not so expensive.
B. I didn't know what Vetiver smells like :-)
C. I just liked the smell of it. - but he also tipped after 6-8 months.

Creed always knows a great story to build any fragrance. The story at "Erolfa" is beautiful. I also can't say that I find all fragrances bad, on the contrary, there are some great things like "Royal Oud" for example. But I'm just a fried kid about Creed.

The fragrance starts with me slightly citric but after seconds it just becomes soapy. This goes on for hours until finally an undertone of vetiver flies in and the gaanz is always discreetly in the background. On my skin, however, it is not the core issue. Moschus rounds it then still something off or makes it perhaps even more soapy?

So if you know vetiver scents like those from Guerlain, Lubin etc., please don't just grab them here but test them first!

He used to be something to me, but unfortunately he's not anymore.

There is one good thing I would like to do for this brand. I really like their bottles.
jtd
Maybe I'm just trying the wrong Creeds?
Which word in the name of this fragrance is further from the truth? Original? Actually Original Vetiver (2004) is a soapy, citrus-woody fragrance in the vein of just about every designer men’s fragrance with the words “fresh” or “sport” in the name from the era. Vetiver? None so far as I can smell.

OV includes that whistle-like note from Mugler’s Cologne, but instead of metallic like the Mugler, it’s sour. I think it’s meant to read as clean in a 21st century masculine manner, but the soapy, fragrance-masking quality isn’t quit able to cover its own sour-sweaty smell and winds up a bit vinegary, stale.

JoaoMartins 32 days ago
Original non existing vetiver aka Mugler Cologne. Skip this one and grab Mugler - smells exactly the same!+1
9.0
5.0
6.0
horridfrag 2 years ago
This is truly a surprise for the robust and earthy vetiver is made to smell fresh, soapy clean and uplifting.+2

Vetiver by the water
by TheScenter
by Nage
by Nage

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Himalaya by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Original Santal by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Erolfa by Creed Royal Water by Creed Love In White (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus for Her by Creed Spring Flower (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Tabarome Millésime by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed