Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne 2012

Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed
Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPear, Galbanum, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Rice flour, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.04.2021.

Perfume Creedentials - or how I learned to love the pear
Between Irish tweed classics, butchering Vikings and fanatical apologists for Aventus, the Creed portfolio also includes true royals. Called Les Royales Exclusives, they cross every monetary pain threshold with the nonchalant shamelessness of British high nobility. At least, if you use bourgeois standards, as I do. So how can it be that I choose for my first review on Parfumo, of all things, a representative of Creed's high olfactocracy?

Well, it's because of the pear. More precisely: at the winter pear Pyris communis, also called "pastor pear". A variant available only in the winter months, which has all the trivial sweet-fruity summer varieties of William's Christ to Gellert's butter pear one thing ahead: an extremely fine, almost floating acidity, which never slips into the profane citrus sour and just as little to the sticky sweetness of, for example, a ripe Italian Abate pear condescends. This old pear variety has been cultivated in central France since 1760. And Creed Les Royales Exclusives Pure White Cologne is, to my nose, the first and possibly only perfume to authentically capture this unique pear tone. Different, more radical than Miller Harris' Coer de Jardin, the synthetic pear monster Arte Profumi Carpe Diem or Jean Paul Gauthier's clubbing bomb Ultra Mâle. In Creed's interpretation, less is indeed very much more. This may also be implied in the name, since white is the sum of all colors in the additive model of color theory. Let's take a sniff ...

Casually embracing the fading lemon and bergamot tones of the top note, the fine fruity pear rises in the heart note to remain there for a long, very long time. Clearly overlaying the neroline note, galbanum only hinted at, then after hours diffusing into a mountain of fragrant lalquilla rice and the classic Creed mix of amber and white musk. Which, after hours, leaves a scent perhaps reminiscent of a pile of white Egyptian cotton bed linen that has just been freshly washed and ironed by The Empress of Smooth laundry service in Peabody Square, London. Not clean, but pure. And a little bit more than that. Because even over this base note, there's still a hint of the winter pear hovering somewhere, taking away any detergent appeal. Fabulous! In sum, Pure White Cologne is fascinating and in this fragrance composition at least for me never smelled before. A gentleman's and gentlewoman's summer scent at its very best, very unique, very subtle, very confident and despite a wink completely unflirtatious. Amazingly long-lasting on textiles. On the skin a little less. My esteemed wife was able to sniff it close to the skin, as was I, for a good eight hours. The fact that the silage hardly keeps up with it is to be gotten over. Pure White Cologne is not an olfactory fog thrower and does not want to be that at all.

The price? Do not even ask. After all, even the prospective buyer of a Crewe-built luxury car, when asked about the performance of the contemplated companion, receives only the thin-lipped answer: "Enough".

Categorical rating:
Aristocratic-citrus-fresh

Olfactory evaluation:
Top notes: juicy yellow lemon (bergamot, grapefruit, lemon)
Heart notes: winter pear (pear, galbanum, neroli)
Base notes: lalquilla long grain rice and white musk (ambergris, rice flour, white musk)

Associative rating:
Thermal: cool like freshly fallen snow
Colorwise: bright white (canditus), ranging from frosty pure white to sunny warm white, ending in a misty light gray
Tactile: airy batiste linen
Musical: The Beatles' "White Album" (1968)
Literary: Peter Høeg "Miss Smilla's Sense of Snow"
Visual arts: Kazimir Malevich "The White Square" (1917)
Architecture: Le Corbusier with a dash of Taj Mahal

Conclusion: for me, I am in fragrances rather (but not exclusively) classically conservative oriented, next to Royal Mayfair the highlight of Creed. Highly recommended!

And finally, to return to the headline: Does the love of the pear now make me a Dr. Strangelove?
Norleans
Shut up and take my money! (Part 4)
If you're not averse to Creed, have tested yourself through the usual suspects, you'll end up with the Exclusive series at some point. Spice and Wood was a no-brainer by the scent description, because I knew I'd like it. Pure White Cologne with its ingredients pear and rice I couldn't really imagine as good, but I was so beautiful in the ordering mania at that time... uh, flow and so it happened that I ersoukte a small bottling.

My first impression of the fragrance was "fresh bed linen from childhood". To be more precise, in the Bavarian Forest on the farm of family F. There we were about 1987, I still a squirt, on vacation. I remember a photo that shows me on the farm with the then very fashionable "rat tail" hairstyle à la Anakin Skywalker, but much less cool. It doesn't matter, but PWC reminded me exactly of these fresh bedclothes when I first met him.
The small bottling plant was then very quickly empty and no supplies were ordered due to many other bottlings that wanted to be used. A few weeks ago I remembered this outstanding fragrance and the sunny weather seemed to suit this fragrance very well. But this time I did not want a bottling but a bottle. But since you almost have to cancel a building society contract to afford such a bottle, I tried my luck with the start of a sharing. This filled up in record time with very nice participants and the fragrance was ordered.

The bottle is a feast for the eyes. It stands there with a shape like little Napoleon. The lid is reminiscent of a double-pointed hat, and the shape of the bottle is reminiscent of his coat with raised shoulders, a real eye-catcher. The inlays in 10-carat gold (equivalent to "416") provide the necessary bling bling that is a hair's breadth away from kitsch. Already very special.
At the first sniff I already prepared myself for the flashback to the farm. But the flashback did not happen. PWC still smells incredibly pure and clean. But also more noble and even more special than I remember. The citric opening is quickly enriched by the pear, which provides the special twist and makes the citric smell a little more sweet and deep. The rice gives additionally a special and for me rare undertone, which has a long lasting effect. For me not only the perfect, noble and unobtrusive office fragrance, but also in my free time on sunny days more than fitting.

Although my skin is not very helpful for a long shelf life, I take PWC until the end of the day, not strongly, but I notice it. That's probably a bit stronger than what you're used to from a cologne.
Sure, the price is high. Pretty high. But for that you get a special water that you don't smell every day. The bottle is a feast for the eyes and supports the price a little Pure White Cologne is by no means a must-have. I am glad to have him in my collection and I am happy every time I see little Napoleon standing there and even more when I sprayed him
From the "shut up and take my money" series have been published so far

Roja Elysium PC
Original Vetiver
Green Irish Tweed

originally written by William Habenborough, short form Will Haben

Thanks for reading
Flanker
Do you have to be a gopher?
From time to time during my time on Parfumo I had one of the Royal Exclusives under my nose, but nobody really got me excited about the first nose. The first test of Pure White Cologne was also pleasant, but not overwhelming. As with all fragrances, you have to consider your personal mood when testing them. I'll have to get Spice & Wood again for that.

The price of the series is beyond all reason.
Do you have to have the balls to buy a bottle like that? No, that's fine, but it certainly doesn't hurt!
As long as nobody gets damaged and only has to eat dry bread because of the purchase...no problem. In case of doubt, simply remove the gold-plated Creed-Plakete and exchange it for toast bread.
Yes, there is probably a Dupe that smells similar, but I don't care. For me, perfume is a passion that wants to be perceived with different senses. It starts with the idea and implementation of the creation, and in the best case goes on to the bottle, which I see when I open the scent cabinet, and on to the scent itself. I don't want to take any compromises here. I'd rather do without it completely.

When spraying on, I perceive Neroli, accompanied by lemon. Now Neroli is what keeps me personally from buying a fragrance and I am very happy that the impression immediately subordinates itself again.
It's a fresh yellow lemon I'm sensing. For lime not tangy green enough...just authentic lemon. A seamless transition in the opening is provided by the bulb with a slightly foral underlayed keynote. It could be jasmine mixing here in the third row.
Everything far from drowning out this airy, fruity, fresh impression. From the base dry, very light musk pushes through, which never lets the scent become too cuddly or warm The bottom line is a fresh, white, discreet fragrance restaurant that surrounds the wearer unobtrusively and at the same time nobly.
It should not be louder for me, because otherwise it could tilt quickly (depending on the temperature) and be annoying. A good example for this would be Outrageous, whereby this one goes clearly more synthetic apple ways and does not want to be a Cologne.
Declared as men's fragrance, PWC is easy to wear for both genders. Even with malice aforethought, I cannot use a gender drawer.

I am looking forward to summer 2019 and am sure to have found another great fragrance companion with PWC. If someone speaks to me about my good smelling shampoo, it's OK ;-)

Wonderful
What a beautiful cologne type fragrance done in a traditional manner with the added notes of pear & rice. I do get the pear which smooths out this fragrance & the rice note is there which gives this fragrance that IT factor & sets it apart from others in this type.

One would be pressed to find a more suited, unique fragrance of this type that gives off a more unique & interesting ensemble. I salute Creed for this fragrance as everything you wear does not need to shout HEY I AM HERE! Longevity seems to be about 5 hours or so on me, projects arms length for a while. Check it out.

TombbbTombbb 10 months ago
Extremely good white flowers cologne. Strong citrusy opening, but the drydown is pure musk and flower love affair. Intoxicating.

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Lopezgj
by Lopezgj

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed Himalaya by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Original Santal by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed