Royal Mayfair Windsor 2009

Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed
Royal Mayfair is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Himalaya

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesGin, Lime, Pine
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesEucalyptus, Orange, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.10.2020.

In 2015 the scent was re-released under a new name.

Blacktie
Okay, he's a tough one. The head at the first encounter leucoplast (Camphor? Eucalyptus?). Pooh, medial. Also has pleasant associations: well-medicated. But then wonderful dry (tube)rose. Light. Is that possible, light flower and yet masculine? Yes! On a blacktie occasion it brings the exalted feeling of all-round appropriate presence. In winter and summer. Far from the mainstream and yet pleasantly unobtrusive as it progresses. Which, however, can also be used without further transformation. For the dance floor, it's better to add a spray from the bag filling. Almost no drydown, but still the tuxedo shirt is pleasantly fresh the next day.
Forsaker
... oh wow! please don't let it be CREED!...
hi, because there are not enough characters for a statement i have to write a comment.

RM was involved in a 10-bottle filling order. I always try in a blind tasting because otherwise I have an opinion or expectation before I smell. Besides, it's a lot of fun for me, alone with a beer, to make notes of impressions and of course to guess which scent it could be from the 10 ordered... I only know the descriptions of you. Then there are really funny surprises and of course disappointments after the resolution, like No really!? this is the xy!? Boah, etc.
I also write down my personal evaluation (concerning habenwill..) and whether I have a "Flash" experience at the first smell..
With RM I had this! and my first thought, which I also called out loud, was Oh wow! please don't let it be Creed!! i fell in love instantly and the desire to own was immanent. I was hoping for "not creed" because of the price, not because I had an aversion to them or anything. just for understanding.

about the fragrance: I can't say so much lyrical because of the following reason: I have been growing tuberose plants (Polianthes tuberosa) for years and I don't know any more intense, erotic, hypnotic:) and leiwandering fragrance in the plant world. The later the evening/night, the more intense, beautiful round becomes! you can smell that in the WHOLE area! when it blooms, simply don't get away from it ;-) although I should have been in bed long ago :D
Royal Mayfair smells for my brain to 99.4% like this flower, with all facets.
now come on: the essential oil of it does not come close to this authenticity! The "soul" of the plant is indeed trapped in the bottle, but there is something "missing". Not with RM. I wonder if that's what Creed wanted...
I'd soooooooo like to smell the eucalyptus, the gin and pine out!!! but every time... YES/NOO, ... Tuberose,... exactly. end, super awesome sexy beautiful. I'm too primed... unfortunately 0.6% is perhaps much later towards the drydown of other notes. I know the tuberose notes of other perfumes, there's usually something "old-fashioned, granny-like, and too much of the good stuff"
At RM I immediately remember very warm summer holiday nights. Maybe by the sea, carefree, free, the girlfriend in an airy summer dress, chilly, tolerable, even in a tourist suit with espandrillos which dissolve at the very thought of wetness. The air is impregnated with Mediterranean scents and cocobello in your hand, spaghetti sauce on your shirt... one hopes that this time will never end. ... You know the one. ...

I can understand anyone who finds RM to be more feminine. But I like unisex scents:D And if you don't look like Tom Selleck with a moustache ;) it can be as sexy as Declaration d un soir. no offenens. but I would also like to see RM in my girlfriend. Because the scent is just so sexy.
i don't want to judge "publicly" because I don't know whether I should/may/must judge my feelings only or "for all".
therefore so: scents for me 9,4 (because for the search for my 10 I landed here)
i don't see members of the Hells Angels, but also not in the beautiful intellectual ivory tower students before starting work.
Shelf life: very good.
Spray Sillage with ca plus minus 7: good 2m ? I like more ? Flacon: I'm interested in nuts how it looks like, but on the photo the bottle seems to hold this scent.
Music tip: sometime I stay there...

finally: if you have the opportunity for plants, with lots of sun, get tuberose bulbs!
or night jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum), less sun: honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica "Halliana")
You'll think of me when the stuff starts in the evening ;D this time 100% oida.

Well blended Floral
Notes: Gin, Lime, Pine, Rose, Orange, Cedar and Eucalyptus

Gorgeous, Luxurious and Classy

This is blended perfectly all the notes listed above are detectable in this fragrance. Open with Gin and Pine combined with Lime, which gives it that fresh, green scent and citrusy scent. Rose note kick in as the lime dissipates, i detect the rose throughout the fragrance and as this dry-down the Woody element comes into play Eucalyptus and Cedar with Orange. This is a lovely scent, sophisticated and timeless.

Glad to have sampled this
Creed's Hidden Champion
Literally translated royal mayfair means "royal mayfair". In English-speaking countries, our German "Schlossallee" at Monopoly is also called Mayfair. And if the good AdAstra72 hadn't texted me a statement about RM, I would have missed out on something. Because the scent description "flowery woody" gave me a creepy feeling.

With men's fragrances, "flowery" in my nose is unbearable. So be it. I ordered a sample and made a surprise announcement: Flowery? Fuck...uh, f...f..uh, f...f...yeah! So flowery. But the eucalyptus, the gin touch and the woods turn it into a wonderful floral, slightly masculine and special touch that I could not have imagined. RM is a little stuff that lifts the spirits, is professional and gentleman-like, is (at least) very well wearable in dirty weather until spring and early summer and always inspires me
For a Creed the durability is quite acceptable and I have a noble companion on me for a whole working day. But RM also does a very good job in his free time, he is not pushy, but well-behaved, noble and special. Every morning I have to brake myself so that I don't spray RM every day.
Creed has created a true underdog who has always flown under my radar. As glad as I am that this is not a fragrance that every Aventist (clichéd summary of those please in silence) likes, I would be happy if the interest of one or the other could be awakened.

Thank you for reading, and get well through the storm.
Against time.
Creed is an old brand, one with tradition, but also one that we perfumers are very critical of. Well ... actually every brand will, because after all, we are in a forum here that is characterized by critical fragrance experts in the first place, aren't we?
With its famous Aventus and the Cologne based on it, Creed is viewed more than just critically. We charge!
We accuse, for example, an increasing degeneration of the niche character of some parüm houses, in which they try more and more to adapt to the mass taste. Even if this may be the case, I would ask you to bear in mind that many of those brands, including Creed, can be just as different, namely classic and, to a large extent, conservative.

Very conservative, very adult, extremely noble and not at all wanting to chum up every nose, "Royal Mayfair" presents itself. The royal fair, to translate, seems like a contrasting programme in today's world, where sweet, sticky fragrances seem to be gaining more and more popularity, manifesting its effect on a green-wood base.
The prelude is discreetly alcoholic. You can definitely smell the gin, while the lime stays very much in the background, which is also the reason why the prelude is not very loud. The pine also contained in the top note is enchanting with its discreetly aromatic woodiness, which should be familiar to all of us. After all, the pine is the plant that characterizes our Central European cultural landscapes the most, isn?t it?
The unknown is the Eucalpytus, which appears green, aromatic, slightly bitter and without any sweetness. Although only present in the base note, it surprises the rose in the heart note. After a while, however, this one gets a bit tired. She confronts the eucalyptus, but does not devour it, as other roses, these bloomers standing for temperament and emotions, have done in other cases. The rose on display here is a particularly adult, particularly ripe, so green and unsweetly appearing, by no means berry and loud, so that the entire composition retains its serious, almost distanced character. The eucalyptus and the rose rather form a symbiosis from which this noble, green aroma emerges, which is peppered with floral notes - thanks to the rose. In the end, particularly bitter cedar rounds off this symbiosis with its woody character.

With this fragrance character that flatters the wearer's nose so green, so unsweet - becoming increasingly rare for contemporary fragrances with rose as a component - the French fragrance house, with its new edition published in 2015, is creating something that smells pleasantly and is not geared towards mere spectacularity and showmanship. It should not be a fragrance that is aggressively designed to occupy entire rooms. This is a quiet treader, one that can only be perceived with increasing proximity to the more elegant, more mature wearer. The wearer is sovereign enough to enjoy this little water alone, without feeling the need to confront his environment with a biting scent cloud. Conservative, classic, reserved - these are the qualities that can be attributed to "Royal Mayfair".
MkCb
The most beautiful Creed...
is not Aventus or Green Irish Tweed, but this one.

A conglomerate of rose and eucalyptus. After you have survived the initial 15 to 30 minutes (for me these are not tragic, but I understand the criticism about the opening), a beautiful fragrance reveals itself to you.
At the beginning the eucalyptus screams at you with five exclamation marks, the rose behaves very intimidated. After 30 minutes, the eucalyptus loses its energy and now the hour(s) of the rose strikes, because it appears more and more. In my opinion, however, this is not a sweet, "marmalade" rose, but a dry, very masculine rose. The eucalyptus, on the other hand, is very green, woody but also minty.
If a balance between rose and eucalyptus has now been established, which also has a very balsamic and calming effect, this remains so for about six or seven hours.

Royal Mayfair can be worn at any time of year, whether 40°C in the shade or -10°C in winter. Always pleasant, very soothing. Casual but also noble. I must also say that this is the first Creed that in my opinion can actually be worn by royal members.

All in all one of my favorite fragrances, because it always goes and is extremely beautiful, noble but also calming.
(small side note: Of course I don't have any creed to try, but of those who have been tested so far, this one is the one I like the most... and I think it will stay that way.)

Royal Fiberglass
The introduction is exactly like walking into a newly constructed fiberglass sailboat. There is nothing other than the scent of new plastic, epoxy and synthetic resin curing. A bit later you receive a delivery of a bouquet of fresh pine branches and roses, but you still remain on that damn boat. After a few hours you are let out of the boat, and the bouquet of pine and rose is complemented with eucalyptus and peppery cedar. A very nice ending, but the boat trip ruins the ride.
Minigolf
As if time had stood still
A fragrance that takes you back to the 19th century. Ladies in long dresses with skirt laps in the back, men with top hats. Wood-panelled rooms with heavy velvet-covered armchairs on dark oak tables, in which people "sat down" to roast or simply chatted. On the table there is a bonbonnière with a rose pattern on the lid which was occasionally eaten with pointed fingers. English pine drops and rose flavoured sweets.
And if one rides out, then into the nearby forest, where it smelled of cedars and pines, after it had rained and the sun shone again.
Far away seems to be this time. And yet so strangely present. The smell of "Royal Mayfair" has such a pleasantly old-fashioned charisma, which triggers such pictures in me.
The "English Rose" does the rest and wants to put me in a "time machine", which takes me there, where time passes more slowly, and lets me remain in it. At least as long as I can smell the perfume.

MasterLi
A unique, perfectly balanced floral...
Extremely impressed by this one. I find it a wonderful floral which is completely unisex. Very classy and sophisticated smell.

The story goes that this is a re-interpretation of a previous Creed fragrance, which was allegedly created for the King of England, Edward VIII back in the 1930's.

As for the smell... I get rose, even some violet, jasmine, along with juniper (the "gin" note) and citrus (the lime note). It is one of the nicest fragrances with rose that I have smelled, and I like it very much. I get a eucalyptus note also which gives it a balanced medicinal vibe.

I can see this as a formal fragrance, for a man or a woman. I also have to address the issue of price here. This is a fragrance supposedly made for royalty, and you almost have to be royalty to buy this! I personally have a sample decant of this, but it's hard for me to invest that much money in a fragrance such as this. However undoubtedly it is brilliant and if a person has enough money to spare, I can see this being justified on smell, projection and performance. A very regal small which is floral yet balanced and sophisticated and is perfect for man or woman. I think it's great. As with all Creed fragrances, do try on skin first, however I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way. In my opinion only worth the price if money is of no issue to you.

Hitchslap
Note pyramid is not what I'm getting
This is crazy, on initial spray I get a white floral aroma, yet no such notes are listed, just rose. I just recently got this and have only "sampled" sprayed on two different days.

Again, at the end life I'm getting something that is not listed, a beautiful vetiver! As it dies down this scent reminds me of a greater version of Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver.

Yes, at first it is DEFINITELY feminine.
It sort of turned me off, the first time I wore it I had to go out so I ended up washing it off before going out, not allowing it to evolve.

The second application, on an evening, was right before going to sleep. About six hours later upon waking up, wow, what a beautiful scent.
So, in closing..........if you are willing to put up with a feminine floral scent for an hour or so, give it a try.

GONZALOGONZALO 114 days ago
The most underrated Creed. Once you learn to appreciate it, it will become your favourite Creed.
TombbbTombbb 120 days ago
On the fence. Really bad off-putting toothpaste opening (4/10). Then white flowers kick in (8/10). Elegant
Pietros921Pietros921 3 years ago
This one is love or hate at first sniff usually. For me a huuuuge love!
TaskphorceTaskphorce 3 years ago
A super versatile fresh masculine floral with a crisp, minty-like eucalyptus, bold musky rose, and a pungent citrusy pine.
Q8baggioQ8baggio 4 years ago
Masculine flowery class 10/10... solid release .

by Salva
by Salva
by DemonHead
by DemonHead
creed - royal mayfair: golden drydown!
by Felsn
by Drakecito
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed