Royal Mayfair Windsor 2009

Royal Mayfair / Windsor by Creed
Royal Mayfair is a popular perfume by Creed for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Himalaya

Olivier Creed

Top Notes Top NotesGin, Lime, Pine
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesEucalyptus, Orange, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.04.2021.

In 2015 the scent was re-released under a new name.

Love it
Top notch men’s fragrance. I tried it on myself and I can only smell eucalyptus, but on my husband it is wonderful with creamy notes and roses. Absolutely delicious! It’s the front runner for him at the moment!
Sillage is decent, lasts about 6-8 hours.

my regret is getting the 50ml instead of the 75ml
Creed is one of the most well known niche houses however, most of their releases have a very designer-ish feel. You do get the quality but they aren’t as challenging or daring as some other houses, perhaps SMW is one of those few that decided to try something different. This is in no way a complaint, just why I think Creed has such an impact with the mainstream but every now and then they throw a curve and to me Royal Mayfair is one of those. You know for sure anyone can like Aventus or GIT but Royal Mayfair is one that you shouldn’t blind buy considering how divisive it is. I blind bought it and thankfully I was blown away by it.

With Royal Mayfair what I get the most is Eucalyptus and somehow I was hoping for that as I love the note, it does bring me back memories of my grandmother’s house. I also get rose, gin and pine with a soft cedar backbone. This is certainly a classy and gentlemanly fragrance with a very old school vibe, I don’t see a youngster wearing it or hardly anyone on a casual setting, this seems aimed at a more formal environment.

Performance wise I was disappointed at first, projection was next to none and after 4 hours it faded away however, after the 3rd or 4th time I wore it this changed somehow. I now get 8-9 hours with a very decent projection. Royal Mayfair is right there by Royal Oud as 2 of my top faves from Creed.
Salva
Once in a while you should listen to the users...
The fragrances of well-known brands such as Parfums de Marly, MFK or Creed for example, were among the first niches that I started to test at some point after my registration here. I soon found out that PdM does not appeal to me at all, MFK has at least one or two waters (Amyris Extrait and Masc.Pluriel) in their repertoire, which I like very much.

Creed's fragrances, however, appeal to me the most and I would even go so far as to say that this brand is one of my favourites among the niches I have known so far. Because their fragrances go in the classic direction I love so much, and such a classically elegant and wonderfully beautiful fragrance is the Royal Mayfair...

The basic composition for the fragrance was already created and completed in 1936 for the then King Edward VIII. Because of his love, he renounced the throne at the end of '36 and was named Duke of Windsor (Duke -> highest rank of the nobility in Great Britain. Windsor -> British royal house).

In 2009, the fragrance was released in a limited edition in honour of the Duke - under the name 'Windsor' - before being relaunched in 2015 under the current name Royal Mayfair (Mayfair is a rather upmarket district of London with many exclusive hotels and Georgian houses, which is considered one of the most attractive residential areas of the city).
[...]

Dear user Pollita had recommended this fragrance to me. This was sometime in late summer of this year, after she learned how much I like rose scents. Since you can't resist the occasional twitching in your fingers, I ordered the fragrance blindly at that time, also because at that time there was no sample offered in the souk.
Yes, I know it takes a lot of courage to order a niche fragrance without ever having tested it. But I trusted not only the tip and the nose of Polli, but also my own gut feeling. Because the marks and various statements/committees put me in a very positive mood...

So it ended up in my Notino shopping cart a few days later and arrived at my place shortly after. And dear Polli, what can I say? You were absolutely right with that tip! It was love at first sniff, so to speak... He is an incredibly unique and fragrantly beautiful scent in my eyes [...]

The gin note in the combination with the lime as well as the pine at the beginning already is the hammer! At the beginning Royal Mayfair exudes a tangy-sweet, but thoroughly fresh aroma, which also has a slightly woody nuance in the background and is so unique for me personally
This initial freshness is maintained throughout the fragrance, until after a short time a floral note is added, in this case rose However, it is very difficult for me to describe them here. I find them very pure, natural and clear. I have already tested some rose scents, but I have not been able to perceive them as I did with the Royal Mayfair. Here it is interpreted everything else than feminine, as I think.

The first woody touch from the beginning is then further enhanced by the cedar note in the base, so that the fragrance becomes woody towards the end. This is also emphasized by the eucalyptus, which in turn provides the long-lasting aromatic character and gives the whole a slightly bitter note, which smells a bit like mint.
[...]

In my opinion, the fragrance is composed in such a way that it has all the makings of a signature fragrance and is easily wearable for any season or occasion. The durability on my skin with a good 7-8h is quite remarkable, I think. And in the first 3h it also radiates power.

All in all I would describe it as very fresh with an aromatic-woody keynote, which also has a very interestingly pronounced floral chord in the background.

Conclusion:
For me personally, the Royal Mayfair is the best creed scent I know (very close to Bois du Portugal). In my eyes, it's simply a grandiose and outstanding fragrance.
My first thought when I smelled him for the first time was: "You are so unique!"
I find it just very unique and with clear recognition value marked.

So if you follow a tip from a member here and there, you will always find a real jewel.

And all my sexual partners who might be put off by the rose... Here it's interpreted rather subtly, subtle and "masculine", if you can say so...

Thank you dear Polli!

And thank you and have a nice 2nd Advent to all who have read along!
*****A walk in the park* - Royal Mayfair of Creed

"Doesn't one always think of the past, in a garden?" Eleanor at Kew Gardens from Virginia Woolf
He makes me strangely melancholy.
Strange, because there is no melancholic undertone in the notes or in the composition of this fragrance. Jamaican lime, Scottish highland pine, English rose. Canadian cedar, Australian eucalyptus and orange(s) from the Bahamas.
Well, maybe melancholy, the melancholy of a past epoch and a faded empire with it...
Almost isolated, I perceive the scents at the beginning. Almost overripe lime, the mild fruit resin of juniper berries. The duality of camphor sharpness and herbal sweet balsams of fresh pine juice. Cool rose, thawed. Tuberose1) in camouflage mode, which dazzles me with its mimesis of honeysuckle and wilted lily of the valley and lures me away from the heart of the rose.
Warm, discreet cedar wood and a eucalyptus playing a joke on me, sometimes flirting florally with tuberose, sometimes bleaching teeth with chlorine2). In between surprisingly, intimate musk.
No, this is not the scented image of the sketch of Royal Mayfair that I in my usual naivety threw down No forest, no pine grove. No wild and romantic landscape, no untamed nature. And yet it lets me inhale more deeply, as if I stepped out of a smog-contaminated metropolis into an old park.
This breath balances my viewpoint.
Expands it, from that of the ant following pheromone tracks in the teeming crowd, to the central perspective of the flâneur in this venerable garden.
It is the string of the Royal Botanical Gardens in Kew that the fragrance strikes in my memory. Here, in this 'oasis
in the desert of Greater London made of brick and mortar' 3) In this man-made piece of nature, you can breathe a sigh of relief with all your senses. Ancient Lebanon 4) cedars can be found here, familiar and unknown trees in great variety. There are representatives of the pine from all continents. In one of the beautiful, temple-like greenhouses made of white lacquered iron and sparkling glass, an impressive eucalyptus tree thrives and if you are lucky, it blooms in the area of the dry tropical Agave polianthes next to Humboldt lilies.
Countless plants and picturesque arrangements can be admired and perhaps even the one dedicated to the Duke of Widsor 5), which is offered as a reference for the English Rose in Royal Mayfair, is still in bloom in the Rose Garden.
Enough of the dawdling in the autumnal garden of my memory and back to the presence of the fragrance.
It needs further detailed examination until I finally succeed in changing the perspective and I can insert the fragments into an elegant painting.
Juniper, pine and lime fuse together to create a surprisingly pleasant tonic water with dry, herbal gin. Mossily medicinal and to my delight only reflecting the ethereal top notes of the drink. 6)
The cedar carries on a slim but solid trunk an aromatic crown after lovingly tended, sparingly but exquisitely occupied humidor.
But what I feel in my heart is the same floral pulsating of Royal Mayfair. Here I am surrounded by the unique, intimate perfume of a kiss on the cheek of a man who is intimately familiar with the weather and smells of rose soap.
In addition, like a gurgling, glittering stream of water, the eucalyptus meanders through the entire picture and connects the different levels, setting a metallic accent here with tuberose, reminiscent of remnants of smog (after all, we are still in the city), contributing to a transparent expanse with pine and wetting the earth at the roots of the cedar.
The top notes are a sparkling, albeit very much like the drink that inspired them, a short-lived pleasure, although elements throughout the fragrance flash up again and contribute to the clear, cool impression. The heart, to my delight, is perseveringly perceptible, regardless of whether on skin, feather or textile, the base is very close to the skin remains impressively long as a touch of "cedar wood wardrobe" on fabric.
Royal Mayfair is not a fragrance for a forest goblin (generic masculine) but neither is it exclusive to the Gentry (generic feminine).
Elegant, but gets along perfectly without urban chic. Subtle, but with a tangible presence. Not sexy at all, just immediately sensual. To wear as you please.
However, it is a fragrance that I would rather enjoy on a person intimately familiar to me than wearing it myself.

* Trigger warning: No comment containing information relevant to purchase or test divorce, only my impression plus *earworm for Norleans
1) This may also be due to the simultaneous, so far rather fruitless preoccupation with another, very tuberose-emphasized scent
2) checked again: I also find this chlorine-like note like in a Eucalcyptus globulus oil in my fundus
3)A. R. Hope Moncrieff, Kew Gardens
4) surely you will find a few canadian specimens by searching carefully...
5) ironically, this is a tea hybrid that was bred in Germany
6) Alcoholics are among my opponents of fear.
Same Same but Different
a totally subjective and dear comparison between Alexandria Bespoke and Creed Royal Mayfair.
first of all: the price can no longer be the deciding factor in a purchase, both are almost the same thanks to the various discounters' offers.

*Opening*
Bespoke: fresher, the eucalyptus more in the foreground. Pleasant pick-me-up
Mayfair: softer, slightly rounder. am torn in perception from slightly floral to slightly chemical (polish, extinguishing agent) . If he were from ELDO, many would perhaps say: an avant-garde flatterer
Advantage: Mood dependent

*Course*
the two approach each other, walking arm in arm in the autumnal sunshine even remnants of the nightly hoarfrost. the bespoke remains fresher but becomes softer - the mayfair loses its chemical note.
Advantage: same on

*Shelf life*
The Mayfair is slightly in front.
Conclusion:
P/L at UVP I would prefer the Bespoke, which I generally like a bit better.
The durability of the Mayfair is a little more convincing, but the fragrance is only 95% of my liking Flacon and packaging clear at Creed.

well, not an easy decision to make. or is it? :-)
Blacktie
Okay, he's a tough one. The head at the first encounter leucoplast (Camphor? Eucalyptus?). Pooh, medial. Also has pleasant associations: well-medicated. But then wonderful dry (tube)rose. Light. Is that possible, light flower and yet masculine? Yes! On a blacktie occasion it brings the exalted feeling of all-round appropriate presence. In winter and summer. Far from the mainstream and yet pleasantly unobtrusive as it progresses. Which, however, can also be used without further transformation. For the dance floor, it's better to add a spray from the bag filling. Almost no drydown, but still the tuxedo shirt is pleasantly fresh the next day.
Forsaker
... oh wow! please don't let it be CREED!...
hi, because there are not enough characters for a statement i have to write a comment.

RM was involved in a 10-bottle filling order. I always try in a blind tasting because otherwise I have an opinion or expectation before I smell. Besides, it's a lot of fun for me, alone with a beer, to make notes of impressions and of course to guess which scent it could be from the 10 ordered... I only know the descriptions of you. Then there are really funny surprises and of course disappointments after the resolution, like No really!? this is the xy!? Boah, etc.
I also write down my personal evaluation (concerning habenwill..) and whether I have a "Flash" experience at the first smell..
With RM I had this! and my first thought, which I also called out loud, was Oh wow! please don't let it be Creed!! i fell in love instantly and the desire to own was immanent. I was hoping for "not creed" because of the price, not because I had an aversion to them or anything. just for understanding.

about the fragrance: I can't say so much lyrical because of the following reason: I have been growing tuberose plants (Polianthes tuberosa) for years and I don't know any more intense, erotic, hypnotic:) and leiwandering fragrance in the plant world. The later the evening/night, the more intense, beautiful round becomes! you can smell that in the WHOLE area! when it blooms, simply don't get away from it ;-) although I should have been in bed long ago :D
Royal Mayfair smells for my brain to 99.4% like this flower, with all facets.
now come on: the essential oil of it does not come close to this authenticity! The "soul" of the plant is indeed trapped in the bottle, but there is something "missing". Not with RM. I wonder if that's what Creed wanted...
I'd soooooooo like to smell the eucalyptus, the gin and pine out!!! but every time... YES/NOO, ... Tuberose,... exactly. end, super awesome sexy beautiful. I'm too primed... unfortunately 0.6% is perhaps much later towards the drydown of other notes. I know the tuberose notes of other perfumes, there's usually something "old-fashioned, granny-like, and too much of the good stuff"
At RM I immediately remember very warm summer holiday nights. Maybe by the sea, carefree, free, the girlfriend in an airy summer dress, chilly, tolerable, even in a tourist suit with espandrillos which dissolve at the very thought of wetness. The air is impregnated with Mediterranean scents and cocobello in your hand, spaghetti sauce on your shirt... one hopes that this time will never end. ... You know the one. ...

I can understand anyone who finds RM to be more feminine. But I like unisex scents:D And if you don't look like Tom Selleck with a moustache ;) it can be as sexy as Declaration d un soir. no offenens. but I would also like to see RM in my girlfriend. Because the scent is just so sexy.
i don't want to judge "publicly" because I don't know whether I should/may/must judge my feelings only or "for all".
therefore so: scents for me 9,4 (because for the search for my 10 I landed here)
i don't see members of the Hells Angels, but also not in the beautiful intellectual ivory tower students before starting work.
Shelf life: very good.
Spray Sillage with ca plus minus 7: good 2m ? I like more ? Flacon: I'm interested in nuts how it looks like, but on the photo the bottle seems to hold this scent.
Music tip: sometime I stay there...

finally: if you have the opportunity for plants, with lots of sun, get tuberose bulbs!
or night jasmine (Cestrum nocturnum), less sun: honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica "Halliana")
You'll think of me when the stuff starts in the evening ;D this time 100% oida.

Well blended Floral
Notes: Gin, Lime, Pine, Rose, Orange, Cedar and Eucalyptus

Gorgeous, Luxurious and Classy

This is blended perfectly all the notes listed above are detectable in this fragrance. Open with Gin and Pine combined with Lime, which gives it that fresh, green scent and citrusy scent. Rose note kick in as the lime dissipates, i detect the rose throughout the fragrance and as this dry-down the Woody element comes into play Eucalyptus and Cedar with Orange. This is a lovely scent, sophisticated and timeless.

Glad to have sampled this
Creed's Hidden Champion
Literally translated royal mayfair means "royal mayfair". In English-speaking countries, our German "Schlossallee" at Monopoly is also called Mayfair. And if the good AdAstra72 hadn't texted me a statement about RM, I would have missed out on something. Because the scent description "flowery woody" gave me a creepy feeling.

With men's fragrances, "flowery" in my nose is unbearable. So be it. I ordered a sample and made a surprise announcement: Flowery? Fuck...uh, f...f..uh, f...f...yeah! So flowery. But the eucalyptus, the gin touch and the woods turn it into a wonderful floral, slightly masculine and special touch that I could not have imagined. RM is a little stuff that lifts the spirits, is professional and gentleman-like, is (at least) very well wearable in dirty weather until spring and early summer and always inspires me
For a Creed the durability is quite acceptable and I have a noble companion on me for a whole working day. But RM also does a very good job in his free time, he is not pushy, but well-behaved, noble and special. Every morning I have to brake myself so that I don't spray RM every day.
Creed has created a true underdog who has always flown under my radar. As glad as I am that this is not a fragrance that every Aventist (clichéd summary of those please in silence) likes, I would be happy if the interest of one or the other could be awakened.

Thank you for reading, and get well through the storm.
Against time.
Creed is an old brand, one with tradition, but also one that we perfumers are very critical of. Well ... actually every brand will, because after all, we are in a forum here that is characterized by critical fragrance experts in the first place, aren't we?
With its famous Aventus and the Cologne based on it, Creed is viewed more than just critically. We charge!
We accuse, for example, an increasing degeneration of the niche character of some parüm houses, in which they try more and more to adapt to the mass taste. Even if this may be the case, I would ask you to bear in mind that many of those brands, including Creed, can be just as different, namely classic and, to a large extent, conservative.

Very conservative, very adult, extremely noble and not at all wanting to chum up every nose, "Royal Mayfair" presents itself. The royal fair, to translate, seems like a contrasting programme in today's world, where sweet, sticky fragrances seem to be gaining more and more popularity, manifesting its effect on a green-wood base.
The prelude is discreetly alcoholic. You can definitely smell the gin, while the lime stays very much in the background, which is also the reason why the prelude is not very loud. The pine also contained in the top note is enchanting with its discreetly aromatic woodiness, which should be familiar to all of us. After all, the pine is the plant that characterizes our Central European cultural landscapes the most, isn?t it?
The unknown is the Eucalpytus, which appears green, aromatic, slightly bitter and without any sweetness. Although only present in the base note, it surprises the rose in the heart note. After a while, however, this one gets a bit tired. She confronts the eucalyptus, but does not devour it, as other roses, these bloomers standing for temperament and emotions, have done in other cases. The rose on display here is a particularly adult, particularly ripe, so green and unsweetly appearing, by no means berry and loud, so that the entire composition retains its serious, almost distanced character. The eucalyptus and the rose rather form a symbiosis from which this noble, green aroma emerges, which is peppered with floral notes - thanks to the rose. In the end, particularly bitter cedar rounds off this symbiosis with its woody character.

With this fragrance character that flatters the wearer's nose so green, so unsweet - becoming increasingly rare for contemporary fragrances with rose as a component - the French fragrance house, with its new edition published in 2015, is creating something that smells pleasantly and is not geared towards mere spectacularity and showmanship. It should not be a fragrance that is aggressively designed to occupy entire rooms. This is a quiet treader, one that can only be perceived with increasing proximity to the more elegant, more mature wearer. The wearer is sovereign enough to enjoy this little water alone, without feeling the need to confront his environment with a biting scent cloud. Conservative, classic, reserved - these are the qualities that can be attributed to "Royal Mayfair".

EinsteinvEinsteinv 3 months ago
Thai massage opening, nice gin & rose after one hour. Good longevity.
ScentwitchScentwitch 3 months ago
Exceptional fragrance for men, fit for a king. Literally.
EstbienlaEstbienla 3 months ago
One of the most chic flavours I must have felt. Dandy and sober to English
GONZALOGONZALO 9 months ago
The most underrated Creed. Once you learn to appreciate it, it will become your favourite Creed.
TombbbTombbb 9 months ago
On the fence. Really bad off-putting toothpaste opening (4/10). Then white flowers kick in (8/10). Elegant
Pietros921Pietros921 4 years ago
This one is love or hate at first sniff usually. For me a huuuuge love!
TaskphorceTaskphorce 4 years ago
A super versatile fresh masculine floral with a crisp, minty-like eucalyptus, bold musky rose, and a pungent citrusy pine.
Q8baggioQ8baggio 5 years ago
Masculine flowery class 10/10... solid release .

by Salva
by Salva
by DemonHead
by DemonHead
Merry Christmas to everyone!
by VanAllan
creed - royal mayfair: golden drydown!
by Felsn
by Drakecito
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Creed

Aventus (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Virgin Island Water by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Sublime Vanille by Creed Royal Oud by Creed Green Irish Tweed by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Spice and Wood by Creed Millésime Impérial (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Original Vetiver by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Pure White Cologne by Creed Silver Mountain Water (Eau de Parfum) by Creed Aventus Cologne by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed Bois du Portugal by Creed Viking by Creed Himalaya by Creed Angélique Encens (1933) by Creed Original Santal by Creed Les Royales Exclusives - White Flowers by Creed Acqua Originale - Vetiver Geranium by Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie by Creed